Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Kasumi DLC Priced
8. Re: Mass Effect 2 Kasumi DLC Priced Mar 22, 2010, 16:15 spindoctor

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 22, 2010, 15:48:
I hate that they use "Bioware points"... it worked okay for Ostagar in Dragon Age, as it was $5, but now a $7 one means buying more points than I need, and from one single company... blarg.

Still, I am a MASSIVE Mass Effect 2 fan, so this is a no-brainer for me.

When I bought Wardens Keep for DAO, there was an option to buy exactly 560 points (7$) which was the price of that DLC as well. Unless things have changed since then, you should be able to get the points required without paying more.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Champions Online Free Weekend Plans
1. Re: Champions Online Free Weekend Plans Mar 21, 2010, 14:31 spindoctor

If anyone is interested in this game, it's on sale for 10$ on Gamersgate right now. Not sure how long the sale will last though.  

News Comments > Steamworks Microtransactions Planned
11. Re: Steamworks Microtransactions Planned Mar 21, 2010, 14:30 spindoctor

Wolfen wrote on Mar 21, 2010, 14:19:

It can now all be done with out leaving the game. At least, thats what the brochure says.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

News Comments > Steamworks Microtransactions Planned
7. Re: Steamworks Microtransactions Planned Mar 21, 2010, 14:16 spindoctor

Can someone explain to me how this is different from the existing DLC support?  

News Comments > ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week
6. Re: ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week Mar 20, 2010, 18:20 spindoctor

NKD wrote on Mar 20, 2010, 18:01:
People do an amazing amount of bitching here over free stuff.
It costs 2$

News Comments > PC Splinter Cell Conviction Delayed
17. Re: PC Splinter Cell Conviction Delayed Mar 20, 2010, 16:22 spindoctor

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 20, 2010, 06:51:

The coop looks great indeed, and there is a mode with coop where you basically clear a map, outside of story, which should give it a lot of replay.

Yea co-op could just be the saving grace of the game. I read your thread on nvnews, so I'm sure you know about the realism mode bonus that will be unlocked through the uplay system. To me, that sounds like old school Splinter Cell and if it were playable in co-op, that would be awesome.

News Comments > PC Splinter Cell Conviction Delayed
8. Re: PC Splinter Cell Conviction Delayed Mar 20, 2010, 06:32 spindoctor

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 20, 2010, 06:04:

As for the delay, who knows... the DRM works, so they can't say it is piracy concerns. Perhaps it's just a general last minute "oh crap" with some PC issues, as has happened before with secondary concern ports.

Yea, seeing as how their DRM is working, I don't think the delay has anything to do with piracy or protecting console sales, as has been the trend in the past. They probably need more time to work on the game. I'm not totally convinced on whether to get this one or not. The 2 player co-op sounds fun though, so I just might go for it if another friend of mine does.

News Comments > EA Servers Down
1. Re: EA Servers Down Mar 9, 2010, 11:44 spindoctor

The Ubisoft servers have been down twice. The EA servers are going down twice a day, if not more. Something to think about...  

News Comments > More PC BC2 Players Than on Either Console
30. Re: More PC BC2 Players Than on Either Console Mar 7, 2010, 10:28 spindoctor

No one has considered that it's possible the reason there are more people/sales on the PC side is because the game isn't selling very well at all on consoles?

edit - or there's the other possibility that people just don't want to play a broken game? There's an article linked further down the homepage here which says that lots of people are losing ranks/unlocks/progress on the consoles which could be a reason why numbers are thinning.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Update Details
5. Re: Dawn of War II Update Details Mar 6, 2010, 05:44 spindoctor

Relic's support for this title has been truly outstanding. In an industry where game developers start talking about paid DLC weeks before their game even launches, Relic have stood out as people who actually care about their game and community. They've put out constant patches, balance fixes, new content (maps, game type) and their world builder. And it continues. The game has also been on sale many times over the last year so anyone who doesn't like to pay full price for games could have gotten it for 50% off, if not less.

It's possible people might not like that they have done away with the classic RTS formula of base building, but I doubt anyone can have any major complaints about their level of commitment towards it. I haven't played the game nearly as much as I would have liked to, but I'll be picking up this expansion just to reward them for this.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2010, 23:16 spindoctor

Wings of Prey has 3 limited activations DRM from Starforce. If that is acceptable to you, I've heard from a friend that's it's a lot of fun to play.  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Interview
48. Re: Ubisoft DRM Interview Feb 22, 2010, 05:26 spindoctor

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 21, 2010, 17:24:
and show them that gamers can make the whole Internet hell for Ubisoft.

Just posting to say that this statement literally made me laugh.

News Comments > Global Agenda Review Pulled
2. Re: Global Agenda Review Pulled Feb 18, 2010, 10:43 spindoctor

Apparently, the reviewer gave the game a score of 5.5/10 (this is taken from Metacritic, who haven't pulled the review score from their site yet). I'm curious if anyone can pull up the text of the review that was taken down (through google cache or something like that). It would be interesting to read.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Needs a "Meaningful" Death Penalty
3. Re: Star Trek Online Needs a Feb 18, 2010, 10:42 spindoctor

-edit wrong thread, please delete-  

News Comments > Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm
17. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 14, 2010, 11:52 spindoctor

Complaining about a free game. Only on Bluesnews.  

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Feb 13, 2010, 18:30 spindoctor

[H] is a great site but I do feel that Kyle's bias is starting to influence the message of the site. Which, of course, he is entitled to do considering it's his site, but then it loses a certain amount of credibility that is associated with neutrality. He says things like "Eyefinity is the future of gaming" while he outright dismisses Stereo3D as a gimmick. I have neither, but from what friends have told me and forums, most users claim that Stereo 3D is the greatest upgrade they've ever done to their gaming computers. I've never seen this kind of forceful point being made for Eyefinity.

It would be wrong to dismiss Kyle's opinions as fanboyism and nerd rage, because he has earned a lot of respect in the hardware community through his years of work on [H]. However, in this particular case, I just don't think he can be taken seriously... I'm not convinced his point is correct, but the fact that it's flavored by his obvious bias/preference towards Eyefinity just sinks his argument, at least for me.

News Comments > PC BioShock 2 Widescreen & Gamepad Issues
38. Re: PC BioShock 2 Widescreen & Gamepad Issues Feb 10, 2010, 16:00 spindoctor

Dev wrote on Feb 10, 2010, 15:04:
You know, I do belive you are right about the xbox 360 game controller being REQUIRED to get games for windows logo.

Apparently, that's not entirely accurate. The Games for Windows specification requires that the 360 controller needs to be supported if the game itself supports controllers. In other words, if the game allows you to use a controller, then it necessarily has to work with the 360 pad. If the game doesn't have controller support at all, then there is no requirement for 360 pad support to pass the certification compliance.

News Comments > Stop Asking for BFBC2 Prone
16. Re: Stop Asking for BFBC2 Prone Feb 1, 2010, 11:58 spindoctor

necrosis wrote on Feb 1, 2010, 11:33:
Not balanced for lean prone.

Why strike it out? The game doesn't have lean either. Watch how the people are rushing to defend it though. The same ones who went ballistic when MW2 didn't have lean

News Comments > Steam Top Sellers
16. Re: Steam Top Sellers Jan 26, 2010, 17:37 spindoctor

Krovven wrote on Jan 26, 2010, 13:40:

Everyone that I know that has requested a refund prior to the games release has gotten it, no questions asked. There is no variance in this policy. "I'd like to cancel the pre-order for X game, here is the order info.", boom, done.

Post release, it depends on many things, particularly the reason for the request. Was there not full disclosure on DRM? I've had 1 or 2 refunds post release due to this. Does your system meet system specs but the game fails to run? Go through troubleshooting with them and chances are they will give the refund.

Yep. Even post release refunds are possible, but you will need a valid reason to ask for it. Sometimes Steam games have issues... like currently, there is a bug with Riddick Dark Athena on Steam which causes the Steam cd keys to not work in multiplayer. The Atari authentication servers give some sort of error. Valve has acknowledged this problem and have said they are trying to get it fixed with Atari. In the mean time, anyone who is asking for refunds on the game is getting them.

Verno wrote on Jan 26, 2010, 08:48:
Yeah no, don't listen to this guy.

Yeah, I just got a refund on Mass Effect 2.

News Comments > Ubisoft Plans Mandatory Online Authentication
7. Re: Ubisoft Plans Mandatory Online Authentication Jan 26, 2010, 10:23 spindoctor

Verno wrote on Jan 26, 2010, 10:15:
Depends on if there is any method of local saving or not. If not then it would to be emulated and that would be very difficult.

Not having local saves would be suicidal for them. Yes, it's true that most people are connected to the internet 24/7, but they wouldn't be stupid enough to deny access to the game if a user's net went down or they had server issues/maintenance etc. I think the cloud saves are more of a additional, convenience feature (and a welcome one at that) rather than a necessity.

As long as their implementation is rock solid, I don't think I'd mind it much. The thing is, services like this usually have intial teething problems that can last for months. Steam had a lot of issues back in 2004... GFWL has been plagued with problems all of last year. When these types of things just work as they should, the overhead is negligible and overall it's fairly unobtrusive. The shit really hits the fan when something goes wrong and the user is left trying to figure out how to get the game they paid for to work. So, like I said, I hope they test the hell out of the service before rolling it out.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2010, 10:24.

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo