Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > AvP Bughunt DLC
2. Re: AvP Bughunt DLC Jul 15, 2010, 12:54 spindoctor

Sega have also officially dropped support for the console versions of the game (less than a week after releasing this paid DLC). I'm guessing the same is true for the PC version as well, even though they haven't said it outright.

Isn't Sega just awesome?

edit - just noticed it's mentioned in the Consolidation section.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC BC2 Onslaught Coming
7. Re: PC BC2 Onslaught Coming Jul 14, 2010, 18:28 spindoctor

"The article published by PC-Gamer is not accurate. We are currently researching if Onslaught will be available for PC. No release date."

http://twitter.com/zh1nt0/status/18503035016

from the DICE community manager.

News Comments > New BC2 VIP Map Pack
14. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 19:10 spindoctor

Tumbler wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 15:38:
Call me synical but I'm guessing most of the content dealing with that mode shipped on the disk and that 1mb file was just a config file of some sort.

The content was not on the disk. There was a (400MB?) patch that was pushed down some time before the DLC went on sale, and that had the content in it.

News Comments > New BC2 VIP Map Pack
1. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 10:17 spindoctor

So the obvious question...

Are there any more permutations and combinations of old maps and old gametypes left for DICE to put out in the next 'new map pack'?

News Comments > Epic on PC Gaming
20. Re: Epic on PC Gaming Jul 2, 2010, 07:16 spindoctor

Paketep wrote on Jul 2, 2010, 06:32:

Also, I they weren't Microsoft shills, they'd implement AA in their engine for XP. Their excuses are pure BS.

I hate that UE3 does not do AA but you are absolutely fucking clueless if you think it is because of Microsoft/Epic trying artificially restrict XP features.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 2, 2010, 07:09 spindoctor

Paketep wrote on Jul 2, 2010, 06:40:
I really don't understand Valve's problem with having a different name in each game or being able to change it on the fly. It's a bit childish to force you to change your Steam Profile every time if you play for more than one clan in ALL your games.

Childish is to complain about something so insignificant.

News Comments > New BioShock 2 DLC Next Month
7. Re: New BioShock 2 DLC Next Month Jul 1, 2010, 19:00 spindoctor

MajorD wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 11:50:
Take lessons from ..., DICE/EA, ... etc. who don't charge for DLC, and hopefully never will.

Yea, the booster packs for BF2 say hello. DICE was probably the company that pioneered the concept of paid DLC for the PC. Not to mention their current BC2 Onslaught DLC which also has a price tag, and the only reason it is not yet available for the PC is because they likely don't have a system yet to sell DLC for the PC version (the console versions come with a built in store). Also, BC2 Vietnam releasing later this year is DLC in all but name... it has an astounding FOUR maps and a few unlocks/achievements. That is DLC, not an expansion.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Drama
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Drama Jul 1, 2010, 10:57 spindoctor

Incoming Engineer update  

News Comments > THQ Courted Respawn, Needs IP Ownership
13. Re: THQ Courted Respawn, Needs IP Ownership Jul 1, 2010, 05:45 spindoctor

Ruffiana wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 22:07:
The THQ guy is stuck in the old way of thinking that publishers should have as much control as possible...

This is not an old way of thinking, just a different way of thinking.

Agreed.

News Comments > PC Darksiders Delayed
10. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jul 1, 2010, 05:44 spindoctor

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 03:44:
As for the list, in my case you can scrap all war games. Too tired of those. Been so for years already. You also mentioned some games I didn't even feel like looking into because I had NO idea they were going to be released this year! Like Fear 3, Dead Space 2, The Witcher 2, Deus Ex 3 and Rage. Those games are indeed worth looking forward to! Not as much as Mafia 2, imo, but still.

I think Deus Ex 3, Rage and The Witcher 2 will be released in Q1 2011. I'm glad that the industry has started spreading out their releases into the months following the holiday season instead of stuffing them all into the September-December window.. it turns out to be easier on our wallets

News Comments > On WoW's Business Model
1. Re: On WoW's Business Model Jun 30, 2010, 20:28 spindoctor

I don't see them ever removing the subscription fees on WoW. They just don't need to. At most I can imagine them releasing their new MMO, then letting subscribers of the new game play the older one for free (without a second subscription, but you'd still need to buy the clients). Even that seems unlikely to me actually.  

3. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jun 30, 2010, 20:15 spindoctor

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 19:58:
Which games will that be, apart from Mafia 2?

I could find a comprehensive list somewhere to post here but I suspect the elitists who believe they are too good for gaming will show up and complain about how they are all sequels or console games so why bother?

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few games that are releasing in the next 6-8 months which could possibly take priority over Darksiders... Starcraft 2, Mafia 2, Fallout New Vegas, Civilization 5, GT5, TDU2, Elemental, Dead Rising 2, Fear 3, COD Black Ops, Medal of Honor, Crysis 2, BC2 Vietnam, NFS Hot Pursuit, Dead Space 2, The Witcher 2, HAWX 2, Deus Ex 3, Rage, Trackmania 2... Probably loads more that I missed.

6. Re: THQ Courted Respawn, Needs IP Ownership Jun 30, 2010, 19:38 spindoctor

Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 19:26:
Odd that THQ, which could certainly use this kind of brand boost, argued against that.

It's just different business philosophies at work here.

I don't think this is really some newsworthy revelation. The conflict to retain as much control as possible over the final product is a struggle that 'The Money' and 'The Talent' have had since forever.

1. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jun 30, 2010, 19:15 spindoctor

I hope they know what they're doing. Darksiders sounded like an interesting diversion during the summer when the releases were few and far between. Now they've moved it into the prime time as far a release windows go, and I can't help but wonder whether people who might have bought it now will end up skipping it later because they have other games to spend their money on.  

2. Re: THQ Courted Respawn, Needs IP Ownership Jun 30, 2010, 19:09 spindoctor

Makes perfect sense. I believe the whole reason behind the Infinity Ward drama was that the founders felt that the IPs they created (Call of Duty and subsequently, Modern Warfare) were being diluted by Activision. This time around, they want to keep control of it, which I assume EA allowed them to do. These guys created one of the largest gaming brands in the world, I think they have at least this much leverage. The THQ guy is stuck in the old way of thinking that publishers should have as much control as possible...  

News Comments > Metro 2034 Revealed
8. Re: Metro 2034 Revealed Jun 29, 2010, 14:25 spindoctor

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 13:53:
it is a very well crafted and unique experience that is very PC-focused.

It's a fun game, yes. PC focused? Not even close.

Where do I begin? How about how the game renders your mouse and keyboard useless if you have a controller plugged into your system... until you disconnect the controller, other input devices are unusable. Or how the FOV is set to 45 degrees. Or how the game has no saving system whatsoever apart from checkpoints only. Those checkpoints are always on the main path so even if you did decide to explore a side tunnel for example, you could end up losing 15-20 minutes of played time if you died because the developers didn't bother to put in checkpoints there. How about how you can see all sorts of video settings in the menu but you can't actually change any one of them until you go out and edit a cfg that has to be made read only in order to prevent the game returning to GUI settings. Or maybe the obviously designed-for-console buy menu where you flip through items like you are browsing the XMB or something.

This game is designed for consoles. The PC port is decent, but it is not a 'made for PC' game.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Patch Wednesday
10. Re: Bad Company 2 Patch Wednesday Jun 29, 2010, 04:25 spindoctor

Caveman wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 23:14:
The spawn lag was actually a problem caused by AVG. All you had to do was turn off the Resident Shield.

I don't have AVG and I still get the spawn lag.

News Comments > Dead Rising 2 Delay
11. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 16:26 spindoctor

PropheT wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 16:16:

Would be nice, but they never released Dead Rising on PC; have they said they're porting this one over yet?

Yes, a PC version is confirmed. The only question is whether it will release simultaneously with consoles or whether they will delay it by a few months to protect the console sales (as they did with SF4 and RE5).

News Comments > Dead Rising 2 Delay
3. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 12:20 spindoctor

Considering Capcom's recent track record, I think it is possible that the PC version will be delayed for another 4-6 months after this release date.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2010, 20:00 spindoctor

I don't see the point of complaining about time wasting in this particular match. It is how football is played these days... Every team in this tournament which has had the advantage at the end of a match has resorted to time wasting tactics... slow goal kicks, slow substitutions, exaggerated injuries etc. Just the other day, there was a match (I think the Italy one?) where a substitute came on in the last 20 seconds of stoppage time at the end of the match. As long as it is within the letter of the law, it is fair game and if it isn't, the referee will book the offending player for it.

The US team would have done the exact same thing if they had been in Ghana's position at the end of the game. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo