Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jul 28, 2012, 08:56 spindoctor

Do we know whether these bonuses can be earned ingame? I mean stuff like shattering windows quietly or fire resistance sound like the kinds of things you get when you level up/upgrade your character/skills etc. If that's the case, and the pre-orders just unlock them immediately, I don't think it's a big deal. I doubt the developers would go to the trouble of adding/balancing/testing abilities just for pre-orders that other customers wouldn't have access to. Not a fan of pre-order bonuses but I don't think this particular case is one to get all pissed off about. What about Battlefield 3 which came with a map pack if you pre-ordered, but cost 15$ extra on day 1 effectively making the price of the game 75$? That's the kind of shit people should be railing against.

And yea, it does seem like RPS complains a lot about everything these days.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Resonance
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Resonance Jul 25, 2012, 18:33 spindoctor

Really good adventure game. If you enjoy adventure games, you should consider getting it. It's 10 hours long and has some really interesting puzzles.  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Jul 21, 2012, 18:56 spindoctor

Jerykk wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 18:50:
Would have made a lot more sense to just release Fez on PC first.

This is the man who said that his game was 'console only, meant to be played on a Saturday morning sitting on your couch' which PC gamers for some reason can't do in the imaginary world he lives in. He also said that 'PCs are meant for spreadsheets' and not games.

As a PC gamer, all I will say is fuck you Phil Fish you arrogant little dipshit.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 16:54 spindoctor

Prez wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 16:09:

I was thinking 10 bucks but that's not much higher. I just hesitate because every game these days seems to have singleplayer that clocks in under 6 hours.

It's a 6 hour game. A very fun 6 hours to be sure, but yea...

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter
21. Re: Defense Grid 2 Kickstarter Jul 13, 2012, 13:28 spindoctor

Kitkoan wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 12:43:
I feel it is a problem. Kickstarter is (to my knowledge) supposed to help finance those who have tried and couldn't get financed, a last choice option.

It's unfortunate that this core philosophy behind Kickstarter is getting more and more diluted. You now have Kickstarters for projects that are well into development but the developers decided that they might as well get paid for it early, or you have multi million dollar corporations running Kickstarters to remove ads from their site or the Kickstarter where the game is getting made anyway but the developer still asks for money so that they don't have to get venture capital and keep their IP rights. The thought process behind this particular Kickstarter is that they could probably make the game even if they don't get crowdfunded, but why not take money from potential customers right at the beginning anyway? It's a little sad what this has devolved into.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month
19. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 17:33 spindoctor

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 08:43:
We can actually... use our intelligence

Then why do you show absolutely no sign of intelligence in your posts?

14. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 04:53 spindoctor

In case anyone is curious, here are the details of the 7 map packs they're going to release for the game

13. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 04:53 spindoctor

double post sorry.  

7. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 28, 2012, 00:08 spindoctor

Techie714 wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 22:34:

I'd really like to see some more single player DLC I can careless about the MP part of the game...

I enjoyed the game too. Unfortunately, there won't be any single player DLC at all. They've already detailed out what the DLC packs are going to be, and apart from one, they're all multiplayer related. The one that isn't is called the New York minute co-op pack which kind of sounds interesting, but that's it.

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 23:34:
Why do you interactive movie clowns come to the PC and destroy it?
The PC is for playability and modding. Telling us straight up this game is about the story? No this interactive story sells you by faking itself as a game.. GO back to your console and take this trash with you.. It there a real developer left on this planet? If not, please ship out to mars.
This has to be the most obnoxious post I have read in a long time. And for Bluesnews, that's saying something.

News Comments > Refunds for Some Korean Diablo III Owners
7. Re: Refunds for Some Korean Diablo III Owners Jun 21, 2012, 12:25 spindoctor

Verno wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 11:59:
Koreans generally have really good internet infrastructure so I assume whoever Blizzard contracted the game out to in South Korea must have really dropped the ball.

Yea. It also kind of seems like a pointless legal mess... Blizzard already offers refunds on digital purchases for 1 month after you buy it. To put in further restrictions of being less than level 40 and applying for a refund in a particular week seems to narrow down the scope of an already existing refund program. I guess this is done to accommodate retail buyers?

In any case, the number of people who were affected by connectivity issues during launch week and are still less than level 40 must be miniscule, especially in a Diablo crazy country like South Korea. It all seems so... pointless.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found?
10. Re: Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found? Jun 16, 2012, 18:01 spindoctor

The IAS nerf seems pretty extreme. At the high end you're losing 10% IAS per item, which could easily result in a loss of thousands of DPS.  

News Comments > Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced
7. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 06:21 spindoctor

Why do they keep making these games? I've heard such bad things about the last few Painkiller expansions, and yet somehow they keep finding an audience big enough to continue making them?  

19. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 18:28 spindoctor

MadBoris wrote on May 20, 2012, 16:33:
Does the environment feel as cool as Stalker?
How is the longevity/replayability, does draw you back in?

The environment and atmosphere has it's own unique feel. It's not exactly like Stalker but there are certainly some similarities. Apart from the zombies, the fact that it's multiplayer and the game's concepts of permadeath and persistent characters adds a level of tension that you can't really replicate in a single player game. It's important to understand that, much like the Walking Dead, the zombies only provide a backdrop to the core experience of Dayz, which is the human interaction between players. When you see someone, do you shoot first? Do you form an alliance to co-op? If so, will you get a bullet in the head the moment your back is turned? If not, how long will your alliance last before you inevitably have to break it for some reason or the other? There's a lot of human behavioral traits that come through in the game, which is really the best part of it.

As for replayability, that's a tricky question. The mod is still in it's alpha stage so there's not much to do other than simply survive. There are no goals that you have to achieve. The first few times you play it, you'll definitely feel a sense of excitement and challenge in just managing that, but it will slowly start to taper away. That's not to say that it becomes boring or anything... every time you play the game, you will walk away with a unique experience and a story to tell. But yea, it is a pure sandbox where you have to find your entertainment by yourself... there are no guiding gameplay systems for that yet. So only you can decide on how much replayability you can assign to a game like that.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 12:54 spindoctor

ASeven wrote on May 15, 2012, 12:48:
Either way apparently this is the most pre-ordered game ever, enough to crush past console exclusive pre-orders that drew millions too.

Not even close. According to Eurogamer, D3 has 2 million pre-orders, which in itself is quite spectacular, but it's nowhere close to Call of Duty which usually has something like 6-7 million pre-orders every year.

I've been enjoying the game today. The error 37 server overload issues lasted about 2 hours after the game went live, but since then it has been pretty smooth sailing. Game is a lot of fun to play too

News Comments > 38 Studios in Financial Trouble?
26. Re: 38 Studios in Financial Trouble? May 15, 2012, 10:17 spindoctor

Kajetan wrote on May 15, 2012, 07:24:
spindoctor wrote on May 15, 2012, 06:40:
I'd hate an industry where new studios can't succeed and the RPG genre gets left to only a handful of major companies like the above mentioned ones.
You can compete. Make a small game at first. Then, if the first game was a success, make a bigger game. And so on. Until you also can spend quadrupel of billions of dollars on facial animation or the polishing of the Save/Load-Screen.

38Studios tried to compete with the big players with a very expensive and somewhat boring and mediocre game. Not the smartest move ... compared to companies like CD Project. Who now are on the same production level as Bioware etc. and still dont have to spend dozens of millions.

Be that as it may, I don't believe their first attempt was such an egregious offense so as to warrant a sentence of death on the studio.

News Comments > 38 Studios in Financial Trouble?
19. Re: 38 Studios in Financial Trouble? May 15, 2012, 06:40 spindoctor

I kind of dropped Amalur after a few hours and never went back. I was having fun with it but I also agree with the criticism that it was World of Warcraft MMO style gameplay made into a single player experience.

Still, it's a shame that they might be facing financial troubles. Amalur might not have been the most creative of games out there, but it still provided some kind of variety to the kind of games made by other studios like Bioware, Bethesda etc. I'd hate an industry where new studios can't succeed and the RPG genre gets left to only a handful of major companies like the above mentioned ones.

News Comments > April Retail Game Sales Fall 42%
12. Re: April Retail Game Sales Fall 42% May 11, 2012, 12:26 spindoctor

Malachii wrote on May 11, 2012, 10:41:
How are pre-orders taken into account for big titles like D3? They aren't counted until release of the title as sales or? I read yesterday that D3 was the most preordered game EVAH on amazon so it made me curious when those numbers actually counted.

They'll be counted at the end of May. Between Diablo 3 on PC and Max Payne 3 on consoles, May will be huge on the chart.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 17:25 spindoctor

deqer wrote on May 6, 2012, 16:16:
What does it matter? It's going to be out in 2 months anyways. You might as well just pay early

Game doesn't even have a release date yet. And Diablo 3 is right around the corner. They should be thanking their lucky stars that they are even charting on the top sellers list.

News Comments > Risen 2 DLC Already on Disc?
21. Re: Risen 2 DLC Already on Disc? May 6, 2012, 17:21 spindoctor

I downloaded the game from Steam so I don't know if the extra island was 'on disc', but I do know that the Pirates clothes DLC was nothing but an unlock key. I'm not sure if my level of (or lack of) outrage should change depending on whether or not I had downloaded that extra 1-2MB that the skin would be from Steam after inputting my DLC key. Seems kind of pointless either way.  

News Comments > On EA and Indies
17. Re: On EA and Indies May 6, 2012, 03:52 spindoctor

Beelzebud wrote on May 5, 2012, 15:49:
They took the concept from the Humble Indie Bundle, so when people see "Indie Bundle" they assume that this is being handled as a 'pay what you want' promotion, and some of the money goes to charity.

While I generally agree with the rest of your post, this paragraph is just flat out wrong. An indie bundle doesn't necessarily and automatically mean that it will be pay what you want and partially for charity. In fact I would say that the people who believe is would be in an incredibly small minority. There were indie bundles even before the Humble Bundle came along and became a thing.

This comment was edited on May 6, 2012, 11:59.

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo