Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com Tease
14. Re: GOG.com Tease Sep 21, 2010, 13:42 spindoctor

ochentay4 wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 13:21:
My opinion about latest GOG days: Guys, cmon, a couple of days without the service is not a nightmare.

The issue is that there doesn't seem to be a good reason for this.

If they really were in trouble and had to shut down the site, it was pretty tacky of them to do it without any notice whatsoever. And if this was a publicity stunt, I don't appreciate that they took away my ability to download my purchased games just because they thought it was funny.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue?
17. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 12:41 spindoctor

Yea it seems like a bit of a stretch to associate this news with the possibility of gog.com being bought out by Steam.  

News Comments > NA Server Access for SEA/AU.NZ StarCraft II Players
5. Re: NA Server Access for SEA/AU.NZ StarCraft II Players Sep 20, 2010, 12:30 spindoctor

InBlack wrote on Sep 20, 2010, 10:51:
Ok this is good news. What about Europe though??

This is only going to happen for SEA customers as of now. No other players will have cross region play. At least, not for a while... they might add it in the future.

News Comments > Civilization V Manual
15. Re: Civilization V Manual Sep 19, 2010, 01:44 spindoctor

creatorswhim wrote on Sep 18, 2010, 23:32:

... because that's the way I roll: Bad strategy, no timing and overwhelming force.

That brought a smile to my face. Thanks

News Comments > Elemental Patched
19. Re: Elemental Patched Sep 18, 2010, 07:07 spindoctor

D_K_night wrote on Sep 18, 2010, 03:48:

How? Tell us how you can get such a refund. You can't return opened software. EBgames/Gamestop won't take back PC games used.

Contact Stardock customer support and they will refund the game. You get a 75% refund if you just don't like the game, and 100% refund if you have technical issues with the game (for which you will have to talk to their tech support first). If you bought the game more than 90 days ago, then you will get Impulse store credit instead of actual money in your refund.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Patched
13. Re: Alpha Protocol Patched Sep 15, 2010, 08:52 spindoctor

Jerykk wrote on Sep 15, 2010, 02:09:
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines was delayed due to the HL2 source code theft but Activision did not give Troika any extra time to polish the game.

In the case of Bloodlines, the delay was unavoidable. The contract between Valve and Activision/Troika stated that HL2 had to be the first Source engine game released.

So what was the unavoidable circumstance that led to Sega delaying the game? Does anyone think publishers like to (or in this case, can afford to) sit on finished products for 8 months just for the heck of it? Odds are, by the time Obsidian was supposed to be finishing the project on the old schedule (around Summer 2009), they probably didn't even have an executable that could run.

Sega isn't the best publisher around, but I think even they realized that this was just a losing proposition and decided to cut their losses and stop funding early, if that is indeed what they did.

The clowns at Obsidian have amazing resumes, but having the best idea in the world means absolutely nothing if you cannot execute it. And that's where Obsidian fails all the time.

I'm really worried about New Vegas. As it is, Bethesda games using Gamebryo tech usually have lots of technical issues on their own. Add in Obsidian's incompetence, and who knows what the state of the game will be at release.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2010, 00:31 spindoctor

The PC versions of the K&L2 DLC are up on Steam if anyone is interested.  

News Comments > DiRT 3 Revealed
8. Re: DiRT 3 Revealed Aug 2, 2010, 19:22 spindoctor

Fix the constantly annoying chatter and please hire someone who knows something about usability design for your menu. The 3D idea for Dirt 2 might have been cool in the beginning but it got super annoying super quick.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
114. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2010, 19:19 spindoctor

Very sorry for your loss Blue, and my condolences.

I quit smoking a few years ago myself. I have to say that, in retrospect, it was one of the better things I've done in this short life. The habit lasted a few years but to be perfectly honest, I never understood why I used to smoke. It was this realization which finally got me to quit after a huge number of non-serious, half-joking attempts at quitting.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jul 31, 2010, 11:24 spindoctor

Prez wrote on Jul 31, 2010, 11:19:
Personally I wouldn't care if every copy of Call of Duty MW or MW2 were pirated on PC.

But you *would* complain about the next game you were interested in being a console port with little attention given to PC optimizations/features like AA, FOV, map size and what not. Why do you think that happens? Do you think this is not all connected?

News Comments > Mafia II Deluxe Edition, Preorder Bonus, and Steamworks Support
15. Re: Mafia II Deluxe Edition, Preorder Bonus, and Steamworks Support Jul 21, 2010, 21:24 spindoctor

Well it's confirmed that the original game will be available for 10$ once the second one releases -

http://mafia2game.com/community/us/features_mafia_steam.php

News Comments > Mafia II Deluxe Edition, Preorder Bonus, and Steamworks Support
8. Re: Mafia II Deluxe Edition, Preorder Bonus, and Steamworks Support Jul 21, 2010, 13:21 spindoctor

Ecthelion wrote on Jul 21, 2010, 12:13:
Hopefully Steam will eventually offer Mafia (the first one) by itself. I have a retail copy of the game but I wouldn't mind having access to it on Steam. I'm getting Mafia 2 retail so I won't get Mafia 1 that way.

I'm sure Mafia 1 will be on sale for 10$ or so soon enough.

ASeven wrote on Jul 21, 2010, 12:22:
But there's still something about Steam that makes a lot of people automatically assume it won't have mod support.

Although mistaken, it's not the worst assumption people can make. Due to the way Steam encrypts executables and in general, packages their games, there are times when mods which need access to the .exe file cannot work properly. With games like Fallout 3 and Oblivion, some very useful mods did not work with the Steam version until Valve enabled support for them.

Like you said though, it is not right to blame steamworks for the lack of moddability. That depends completely on the development team... whether they want to allow mods or not, and how they structure their games accordingly.

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow
9. Re: StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow Jul 18, 2010, 19:28 spindoctor

Fion wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 18:17:
I wouldn't doubt if Bnet 2.0 is exactly the same.

As much experience as Blizzard might have, and as much planning as they will do, a brand new system like BNET which is going to be hit with millions of users at the same time come launch day is most likely going to crack somewhere. It's the nature of complex systems like this, and it is nigh inevitable. What really matters is how long Blizzard takes to stabilize it after the shit hits the fan.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2010, 19:17 spindoctor

I find it interesting that 3 days of 32 degrees Celcius qualifies as a heat wave in your country. In mine, the temperature has been north of that figure every day since March (barring a few days when we've had rain).

For comparison purposes, my government is mandated to declare a state of emergency when the temperature crosses 50 degrees Celcius (122 degrees Fahrenheit). And the temperatures in some parts of the country regularly go that high as well... however, the 'official' records always note the temperature to be 49.xx degrees during those days, because the government can't be bothered to make the effort to try and help the people who are suffering in that kind of heat. Many people die every year due to this callousness.

News Comments > Cliffski/Epic Follow-up
10. Re: Cliffski/Epic Follow-up Jul 18, 2010, 11:17 spindoctor

wrlwnd wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 03:17:
Anything at all for the PC?

Releasing the UDK for free? The make something unreal contest? We have some amazing UT3 mods and upcoming indie games that are in large part due to what Epic have done.

I know you people think it's cool to hate Epic but how many games of theirs have not come to the PC? Exactly ONE. Their last game before that showed up on the PC, as will their next one (Bulletstorm). Have some perspective. Gears of War is a 360 exclusive franchise now, it's a reality which you people seem to hate so much. Where is the hatred for Bungie for doing the exact same thing with Halo?

Gaming is supposed to be about fun, don't waste your time and energy on negativity about things like this.

News Comments > Mafia II DLC Plans
8. Re: Mafia II DLC Plans Jul 17, 2010, 11:25 spindoctor

ASeven wrote on Jul 17, 2010, 10:47:
Didn't the devs announce this game was short of 8 hours long?

I recall reading that it would take 15 hours to complete the story. When a dev says 15 hours, I assume 10-12 will be more accurate for normal folks like us. It's an open world game though, so there should be other things to do to make it last longer.

News Comments > WSJ: StarCraft II Cost More Than $100M
41. Re: WSJ: StarCraft II Cost More Than $100M Jul 17, 2010, 11:05 spindoctor

Sepharo wrote on Jul 17, 2010, 10:25:
Whereupon the thrashing it's likely to receive by the counter monkey conditioned to hate PC games simply for being PC games, will cause them to change their mind.

Console gamers don't hate PC games. PC gamers however...

News Comments > D2D Sales and MW2 Explanation
1. Re: D2D Sales and MW2 Explanation Jul 16, 2010, 21:54 spindoctor

What happened to their much publicized stance of not selling games that used the 'spyware' Steam?

Oh that's right, they were full of shit and no one gave a damn about their drama.

News Comments > Pachter: Activision Should Charge for CoD Multiplayer
35. Re: Pachter: Activision Should Charge for CoD Multiplayer Jul 16, 2010, 20:47 spindoctor

LemonJoose wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 20:29:
Why would they want to risk killing the golden goose?

As for the game being ridiculously profitable... not every game is Call of Duty. It is however the only game they can try and pull this off with some hope of success. If a game like Medal of Honor or Crysis 2 tried to charge for MP, the idea would be DOA.

News Comments > Cliffski versus Epic
24. Re: Cliffski versus Epic Jul 16, 2010, 19:01 spindoctor

Rein might be a jerk for what he said, but this whole blog post idea lacks class as well.  

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo