Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 16, 2010, 22:36 spindoctor

Yes, the vengeance of PC gamers can destroy the world!

Wait, no, it can't.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > APB to Return Next Year
9. Re: APB to Return Next Year Nov 16, 2010, 13:16 spindoctor

|oR|jonvall wrote on Nov 16, 2010, 13:13:

Great game and it will do very well as free to play.

Out of curiosity, was that your opinion of the game the first time around as well? The part where you say it will do very well I mean...

News Comments > Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Driver San Francisco Delayed
1. Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Driver San Francisco Delayed Nov 15, 2010, 21:45 spindoctor

I'm going to beat the crap out of someone if one of the canceled projects is Beyond Good and Evil 2.

News Comments > Steam Sale Runs out of Risen Keys
12. Re: Steam Sale Runs out of Risen Keys Nov 15, 2010, 12:55 spindoctor

Risen is working fine on Steam now. They got new keys.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Preloads
15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Preloads Nov 9, 2010, 02:05 spindoctor

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 01:40:
hehehehe

Pulled over a kid doing almost 50 in a 30 mph zone....I get near the window and see the game....I just laughed.

Told him to slow down and have fun.

That was a nice thing to do

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Midnight Sales
13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Midnight Sales Nov 6, 2010, 11:29 spindoctor

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 6, 2010, 07:47:
none of them about OMG I NEED TO PLAY NOW.

1) If you advertise a midnight launch then the game should work at midnight, PERIOD.

Were you being ironic when you posted that contradiction?

Here's what I suggest... assume that the game comes out at midnight on the 10th, not the 9th. It will soothe your fragile ego when you are safe in the knowledge that you are able to play the game 21 hours early, and not 3 hours late.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Midnight Sales
8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Midnight Sales Nov 6, 2010, 03:16 spindoctor

Sepharo wrote on Nov 6, 2010, 00:42:

Obviously they should do a 3am release so as to not defeat the purpose.

Yea, when they print the flyers, it should say that it's a midnight launch for the biggest game of the year but PC gamers are not welcome until 3 hours later

Besides, I bet the whiners forget that the midnight launch does in fact make sense for about 90% of their customers who are getting it on the consoles. PC gamers have the option to either buy it at midnight and wait a measly 3 hours, or just show up 3 hours later, buy it and play immediately, or, like sensible people, just pick it up the next day. But no, as always, PC gamers feel they deserve special attention because they are a special breed of elite gamer who has to have everything happen their way.

I'll also point out that PST is one of the last time zones on the entire planet to reach midnight. Which means that a majority of PC players around the world will not be playing at midnight, but much later. However, it seems everyone else understands the concept of time zones except the people complaining about 3 miserable hours.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
27. Re: Quote of the Day Nov 5, 2010, 23:13 spindoctor

Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 22:37:
I wish this game would just ship and fail already.

Brumbek wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 17:31:
And Iíll be glad because I hope it fails.

Yes, let's hope the biggest PC exclusive game in quite some time fails, so that Bioware can then focus on making other games. But of course, then you people will be absolutely mystified and perplexed when you realize their other games not PC centric at all, and you will sit and wonder why they 'betrayed' you and went over to making console ports.

News Comments > Pachter: CoD Subscriptions Next Year
8. Re: Pachter: CoD Subscriptions Next Year Nov 5, 2010, 22:06 spindoctor

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 5, 2010, 21:04:
How would they monetize it? If they were going to do it, it would be with Black Op's as I don't see Treyarch or what's left of Infinity Ward releasing anything in 2011 except maybe DLC, which is a form of monetizing multiplayer...

They have at least 2 (possibly 3) new Call of Duty games in development. Treyarch will be back making a new one in a month or two as well. It's not known what kind of games are being made... there's speculation that they might not necessarily be first person shooters. I've heard everything from 3rd person action/adventure to straight up MMO.

Raven is making DLC for Black Ops already, so that's definitely one of the ways of monetizing the MP.

News Comments > Relic on GFWL and Steamworks
16. Re: Relic on GFWL and Steamworks Nov 4, 2010, 12:23 spindoctor

Rockn-Roll wrote on Nov 4, 2010, 12:16:
...trying to capture our confidential information and credit card numbers.

Thanks for the laughs

News Comments > Civilization V Free & Paid DLC Released
8. Re: Civilization V Free & Paid DLC Released Oct 26, 2010, 01:11 spindoctor

Tumbler wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 00:08:
So far my D2D purchase has produced no free DLC as promised. The links to the game purchase still says pre-order next to the first DLC free. The steam game updated with the new civ which is more than a little pathetic considering you can't use it in MP...every single god damn player has the civ now...but it's not available in MP...maybe that's additional DLC. $5 for SP civ and $5 for MP civ.

Fucking DRM.

This should explain what's up with your D2D pre-order bonus -

So You Pre-Ordered Civilization V Huh?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Steamworks
7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Steamworks Oct 22, 2010, 13:16 spindoctor

jsmith wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 13:12:
Could it be that there is a limitation in the engine Infinity Ward created which would distort the game? Something that Treyarch is unable to overcome? It's quite possible they were unable to make any modifications to the engine in such a short timespan (sort of like Obsidian with Fallout New Vegas using Bethesda's Gamebryo / Fallout 3 engine).

The games are built on a modified Quake 3 engine (yes it's that old). The ability to change FoV is definitely in the engine already. The only question is whether Treyarch will expose it to PC gamers. It's a good bet that they will considering there's a dev console, but you never know these days...

News Comments > Steam Passes 30M Users
9. Re: Steam Passes 30M Users Oct 18, 2010, 12:29 spindoctor

Bumpy wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 11:53:
Would be one less if I wasn't forced to use it i.e. Steamworks. Do not like this DRM.

Nobody forces you to buy Steamworks games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2010, 17:48 spindoctor

Water eh? Would never have guessed that... I'll try it the next time I make one. Thanks for the tip Blue  

News Comments > StarCraft II Patched
4. Re: StarCraft II Patched Oct 15, 2010, 16:56 spindoctor

I can't understand this Terran Barracks change either. If they needed to balance the Marine+Bunker defense, they should have done something else. This change is going to leave Terran open to early attacks.  

News Comments > Civilization V Mod Tools
9. Re: Civilization V Mod Tools Sep 30, 2010, 07:45 spindoctor

ShakyJake wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 03:12:
I'd really like to see a new Fall from Heaven mod for this game, though some of the abstractions made in the new game might not lend itself too well to the mod.

The creator of Fall from Heaven was actually working on a standalone FFH game but unfortunately the project was canceled a few weeks ago due to lack of funding. He said that he would be modding for a while, and that more FFH projects would be forthcoming, but no mentioned of whether it would be for Civ 5 or not.

Edit - the relevant forum thread if you're interested - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=361727

News Comments > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light & Demo Released
12. Re: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light & Demo Released Sep 29, 2010, 09:31 spindoctor

Dev wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 08:22:
So, is it worth the $15?

Yep.

News Comments > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light & Demo Released
4. Re: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light & Demo Released Sep 28, 2010, 16:42 spindoctor

The game is excellent, even in single player. Completed it earlier today and it took me about 8-9 hours to play all the way through... it could have been done in less, but there are lots of interesting things to do in the levels that kept me playing longer than was actually required to complete the level. The puzzles are pretty entertaining, if a bit easy, and it's just a fun mix of platforming and puzzle solving. My only complaint is that the story is basically non existent, but that is forgivable considering the game delivers in every other aspect. The co-op and single player levels are the basically the same, but there are significant differences in some of the puzzles to accommodate 2 players.

The game is worth the price even for the single player, so with the inclusion of online co-op can only make it better.

News Comments > GOG.com Update
19. Re: GOG.com Update Sep 23, 2010, 15:10 spindoctor

Dev wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 12:43:
Heh yeah I bet you are right. Thats what I'm doing right now.

Same here. They seem to have gotten rid of their downloader as well. Not that it matters too much, but I have slow internet and having the ability to resume downloads was definitely appreciated.

News Comments > PC Super Street Fighter IV in Doubt Due to Piracy
45. Re: PC Super Street Fighter IV in Doubt Due to Piracy Sep 22, 2010, 00:47 spindoctor

It's interesting that everyone here who is bitching about this assumes no one at Capcom has a calculator to make these basic cost and revenue assessments that this forum is pointing out.

If they don't release a PC version, it will be because they have calculated everything and decided that it isn't worth it.

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo