Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Magicka Patched
7. Re: Magicka Patched Feb 8, 2011, 01:34 spindoctor

Having completed the game, I can agree that restarting the level if you have to leave can be annoying. It's an old school mechanic which wouldn't really be so bad were it not for the fact that there are other small design flaws that can stack up together to create a fairly frustrating experience now and then.

As for magic combos, I don't agree that it needs to be changed. It's the USP of the game to continuously combine the elements to create spells. If you get a one button bind for fireballs and blizzard and thunderbolts, you've just stripped the game of it's uniqueness and turned it into every other game with preset spells.

The only thing I'd wish for in a future patch is a chapter select option. There were some fun chapters and fights that I might be inclined to play again, but I can't be bothered to go through the whole game just to get to them.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GamersGate on Steam Competition
10. Re: GamersGate on Steam Competition Feb 8, 2011, 01:15 spindoctor

Which Steamworks games is Gamersgate selling?  

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: rishis r us Feb 7, 2011, 06:37 spindoctor

space captain wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 14:39:
im gonna go ahead and say simplistic indie games making million dollar profits are NOT the harbinger of the shape of things to come

I agree. Minecraft's success really is a fluke. A well deserved fluke, but a fluke nonetheless.

News Comments > Magicka Patched
4. Re: Magicka Patched Feb 5, 2011, 02:30 spindoctor

I finished the single player portion of the game and was fortunate enough not to run into any crashes or game stopping bugs. I did have a random, infrequent stuttering though but that was fixed with a recent patch.

Since then I've been trying multiplayer and there are still a bunch of issues there. I think the issues are mostly networking related, with game clients not syncing with each other and a lot of lag while casting or self casting spells. Other problems I've faced are crashes and silly bugs where the game just stops doing anything (some sort of scripting errors). I can imagine it would be a very frustrating experience for someone who was only interested in the multiplayer.

News Comments > Steam 2010 Revenue Nearly $1 Billion?
2. Re: Steam 2010 Revenue Nearly $1 Billion Feb 3, 2011, 10:22 spindoctor

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 10:04:

Black Ops alone sold 4X more on Steam than Bad Company 2. I know BC2 was not Steam exclusive like BO but still almost 100 million from BO is unbelievable.

It's not like Black Ops sales are exclusive to Steam though. The only exclusivity is that you need to play the game through Steam... you can buy it anywhere. The game has sold a lot more than this number alone.

With regards to the article itself... I have no doubt that Steam revenues are incredibly high but the numbers are just pure guesswork/estimation right? Not sure how much credibility I would give them.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo This Month
26. Re: Dragon Age II Demo This Month Feb 2, 2011, 14:23 spindoctor

Tumbler wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 11:37:

I hope people pirate the shit out of your game on the PC, I hope the 360 is broken the same way as the PS3 is and I hope both bootleg copies are sold on the shelf next to your product for half price.

All that because someone else gets a demo before you?

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Feb 1, 2011, 11:44 spindoctor

I've never understood all the hand wringing over the 60$ price point. Everything in life gets more expensive over time. If you think the game is worth the release day price, then buy it and be happy. If you don't, digital distribution has ensured that prices fall very quickly these days, so you only need to wait a short while before it comes down to the price point you find acceptable.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Interview
21. Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Interview Jan 31, 2011, 12:23 spindoctor

Anonymous wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 11:34:

Anyone else find this frustrating?

Yea, that sort of timed platforming is pretty annoying for me too, but it's a part of the game so you gotta live with it.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Interview
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Interview Jan 31, 2011, 10:04 spindoctor

AC2 was an excellent game and by all accounts, Brotherhood is a great sequel. Can't wait for it to release on the PC. I wish the interviewer had asked the most pertinent question... When is it releasing?  

News Comments > Brink in May
2. Re: Brink in May Jan 27, 2011, 12:17 spindoctor

Same release date as The Witcher 2.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever in May
15. Re: Duke Nukem Forever in May Jan 21, 2011, 10:44 spindoctor

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 10:42:

How do I get the code? It says DNF first access beta code in the list of DLC for Borderland but there is no actual code there.

Click on 'View Game CD key' for Borderlands instead of 'View DLC'

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever in May
12. Re: Duke Nukem Forever in May Jan 21, 2011, 10:39 spindoctor

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 10:22:
I think everyone who purchased Borderlands from Steam got the key. I know I have it in the list but I am not sure hot to redeem it or what to do with it yet.

http://www.dukenukem.com/access

Redeem your key there and get on their mailing list. That's about all you can do at the moment.

News Comments > Brad Wardell Interview
2. Re: Brad Wardell Interview Jan 21, 2011, 10:36 spindoctor

I wish somebody would ask Brad why Impulse now seems to have the most region locked games of any of the major digital distribution services. Every one of these stores have to impose region locks (and regional pricing), but no one does it quite as much as Impulse.  

News Comments > UK Group Seeks Black Ops Compensation
2. Re: UK Group Seeks Black Ops Compensation Jan 21, 2011, 10:30 spindoctor

to ensure games are not released in an unfinished state

What does this mean exactly? Who gets to quantify what is "finished state"? If you are looking for all-encompassing definition where software has absolutely zero bugs and works flawlessly on every possible permutation of hardware in the world, then no software in history has ever been "finished". And no software ever will be either. If something works flawlessly for you and doesn't work at all for me (and that does happen a lot), is it finished or unfinished? Can the same product be finished and unfinished at the same time?

This shit sounds good on paper, but is utterly useless in the real world. If you must cause pointless legal drama over something, then how about working towards getting the government to mandate that customers can return software (that isn't working properly for a specific individual), a right which seems to exist in a lot of other products but is strangely missing from digital media/content.

News Comments > Cryptic Lifetime Subs Sale
12. Re: Cryptic Lifetime Subs Sale Jan 20, 2011, 14:58 spindoctor

Ruffiana wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 14:07:
While the game is free-to-play, subscriptions give you access to premium content that you would normally have to pay extra for. Lifetime subs give you those things in perpituity at a discounted rate.

That makes sense. Well, not really, but yea...

News Comments > Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Adds New Cars
6. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Adds New Cars Jan 20, 2011, 14:57 spindoctor

Bludd wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 13:58:
Burnout driving model doesn't belong in a NFS game. You shouldn't have to drift every corner to retain speed.

It's fine in the context of this game where you can have the police driving Lamborghinis and using auto targeting EMPs to slow racers down.

NFS Shift offers the more serious racing/driving model that you seem to be looking for.

News Comments > Cryptic Lifetime Subs Sale
6. Re: Cryptic Lifetime Subs Sale Jan 20, 2011, 12:17 spindoctor

I'm not sure I properly understand what is happening here. They are offering an (apparently discounted) 240$ lifetime subscription to a game to celebrate that it is going free to play?

What the fucking fuck?

News Comments > Activision Recommends Bizarre Closure
47. Re: Activision Recommends Bizarre Closure Jan 19, 2011, 15:00 spindoctor

I'm pretty sure Blur was 40$ at release. Price history for the game seems to confirm that too...

http://www.steamgamesales.com/view-history.php?id=1913

How are you guys saying it was a 60$ game?

30. Re: Activision Recommends Bizarre Closure Jan 19, 2011, 11:38 spindoctor

nin wrote on Jan 19, 2011, 11:10:

They also made the previous PGR games, along with Geometry Wars.

True, but I'm not sure that really matters all that much. As mentioned, PGR has been replaced by Forza as the 'number one' racing series on the 360. The last PGR released in 2007. Likewise, Geometry Wars was a long time ago and I don't think it would count for much when the decision to shut them down was made.

17. Re: Activision Recommends Bizarre Closure Jan 19, 2011, 11:09 spindoctor

I'm sure Activision isn't blameless when it comes to poor sales for Bizarre's work, but at the same time, you can't say they're doing something wrong here just because you don't like Kotick. It's not like Blur or the Bond game were masterpieces that no one played. My understanding is that they were strictly average games and they didn't set the sales charts on fire. You pay the price for failure in the real world, that's just how it is.  

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo