Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Feb 20, 2011, 05:52 spindoctor

I played through it and I feel that I was ripped off even though I paid only 5$ for it. It only lasted 3 hours and with the exception of one level that lasts 10-15 minutes which was somewhat fun, the entire experience was below average and devoid of fun. I guess I am somewhat to blame because I did play the first one and didn't think highly of that either, but at least it had some reasonably varied levels and the characters were interesting. The sequel has no such redeeming qualities whatsoever.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2011, 09:52.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Two Worlds II Review Flap, Sequel Revealed
22. Re: Two Worlds II Review Flap, Sequel Revealed Feb 20, 2011, 05:16 spindoctor

Whether or not the publisher asked for the review scores to be changed, they are right in saying that a 5/10 review would be akin to calling it a bad game in today's gaming media. The reviewer has the right to call it an average game but he would also know that scoring it a 5/10 would be interpreted differently.

I would really be interested in finding out which sites/reviewers are involved in this. Just to see whether they do in fact use the 0-5 part of the scale as much as they probably use the 6-10. If they regularly give 0-5 scores of bad/average games, then the Two Worlds 2 score would be fine. If, however, they are like most sites that usually stay in the 7-10 range, then it would be disingenuous to give this game a 5 if they actually consider it just average.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Date Correction & Add-on News
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Date Correction & Add-on News Feb 17, 2011, 16:45 spindoctor

necrosis wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 16:13:
Thank you for supporting Ubi's DRM.

You're welcome

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Date Correction & Add-on News
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Date Correction & Add-on News Feb 17, 2011, 15:19 spindoctor

Why do I get the feeling that the addon won't release on the PC, and that's why they are being so vague about it?

Anyway I hope it does. Already pre-ordered the game on Steam, and the best case scenario would of course be that it's included with the PC version, but I don't really think that will happen.

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior Sells a Million
5. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior Sells a Million Feb 17, 2011, 11:41 spindoctor

This definitely qualifies as the most surprisingly high selling title of 2010. I was pretty amazed to see it hold onto a slot in the Steam top 10 selling list for many, many weeks after it released. Maybe it was the budget price that sold it. Or maybe it was it's visibility and popularity... the fact that it was selling so well possibly made a few people buy it just to see why it was selling so well, thus continuing the cycle.

Very strange for game that got reviewed so poorly.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Next Month
2. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 14:02 spindoctor

Fantastic news. But man, March is going to be a crowded month  

News Comments > Ubisoft Results
10. Re: Ubisoft Results Feb 15, 2011, 00:39 spindoctor

Bumpy wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 17:56:
Not getting Brotherhood till it's <$15. Sorry UBI, the excitement tends to wane away when we have to wait several months.

Not here. It has been an excruciating wait for the PC version but I'm still excited to play the game as soon as possible. However, next time I'll probably not wait for the PC version and just go with the 360/PS3 one instead.

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 21:44:
4th fiscal quarter is right now... AC: Brotherhood comes out on February 22nd, I believe.

Not Feb 22. Most likely late March.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
43. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 04:01 spindoctor

durandal wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 03:14:
To make matters worse the release date is still 3 months ahead... by that time this game lose it's freshness and appeal, since there will be tons of spoilers and reviews everywhere and the retail is going to be just the bug-fixed version of this pirated one.

The game is 6 weeks away but yes, the impact will still be felt. People will form impressions of the game from this incomplete build, and they will propagate those impressions on the internet too. If there are crashes or bugs, the message that spreads around will not be that "hey, the unfinished, incomplete beta leaked version of Crysis 2 has tons of bugs and crashes"... it will be, "hey, Crysis 2 has tons of bugs and crashes". If anyone thinks this can't happen, take a moment to remember what happened to Iron Lore.

DangerDog wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 03:28:
It's going to be interesting to see what happens when Crytek doesn't release the editor for the final version, will people feel entitled to it just because it's here in the leaked beta?

I think they've said that they will be releasing the editor. Who knows how fully featured it will be, but you're right, they would probably lock down some parts to protect DLC sales. The other thing that I believe this beta has is a functional LAN multiplayer component. Something the final game will not have. It's unfortunate that even features that are implemented in dev builds are removed from final games

On the whole though, I am surprised by the number of people here who think this leak is okay. Saying that this is their fault, that they deserved it, that it doesn't matter. And that they can't see how this kind of thing will affect the industry's views on PC gaming.

31. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 01:47 spindoctor

Icewind wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 01:40:
spindoctor wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 01:32:
This is very unfortunate and Crytek do not deserve it.

YES THEY DO.

This is what happens when you don't release a PC demo and even go so far as to make the Demo xbox exclusive.

They deserve this. Big time.

So because they don't release a demo, they deserve to get their full game pirated?

Also, the game is 6 weeks away from release. And they have in fact confirmed that a PC multiplayer demo is coming too.

So what's the excuse now? That they didn't release the free demo early enough for you?

28. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 01:32 spindoctor

This is very unfortunate and Crytek do not deserve it.  

News Comments > PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans
5. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 11, 2011, 00:46 spindoctor

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 00:07:
No date given....depending on when their quarter falls, it could be as late as June. And without a date given, my money is on a June release.

Their financial quarter ends on March 31st, so it should release before then. Honestly, I figure it will be out on the same day as the PS3 version... they probably haven't secured the exact date with Valve yet, which is why they didn't mention it outright.

News Comments > Activison Financials - Beachhead Studios Announced
7. Re: Activison Financials - Beachhead Studios Announced Feb 10, 2011, 00:25 spindoctor

Sepharo wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 21:33:
Sounds like a digital platform for CoD players ala Battle.net and Steam. Probably with a simultaneous launch of subscription CoD. Kind of like the launch of Steam with CS 1.6

Calling it a "new digital platform" does seem to imply what you're saying but at the same time, they can't pull off that shit on the consoles, and I doubt they would do all that just for the PC.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials, XCOM By April 2012
10. Re: Take-Two Financials, XCOM By April 2012 Feb 9, 2011, 08:30 spindoctor

8 million copies of Red Dead Redemption shipped is great to hear. The game deserves every bit of it's success.  

News Comments > Treyarch on Bugs
3. Re: Treyarch on Bugs Feb 8, 2011, 23:16 spindoctor

Sty wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 21:19:
Maybe I'm getting fuzzy in old age, but I remember patches being more for off-the-wall stuff that was missed or very odd/off-brand hardware configs back in the day.

As software complexity increases, so do the bugs. It's only natural that there will probably be more bugs in a piece of software that has 2 million lines of code as compared to software that used to have 20 thousand lines.

As for the patching, one has to give them credit where it's due. They do continue to fix stuff. Black Ops stuttered quite a bit for me on release but it was fixed after the first week or so and has been running just fine since then. The patches they've put out since then never really affected my game. However, just a couple of days ago, a friend messaged me on Steam and told me that the game had some audio stuttering issue for him that got fixed with the latest patch. Ideally, the problem shouldn't have been there in the first place, but at least they did fix it when it showed up.

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Feb 8, 2011, 17:18 spindoctor

MattyC wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 16:52:
In the end the only people who should feel ashamed are those whoring out victims for page hits on their blog in this ongoing "drama".

I agree. I actually went through that entire timeline webpage, checking some links on it and it seems to me that the blog posts from that person started as something I disagreed with but was still a reasonably well presented argument but devolved into downright douchebaggery.

To say that this so called 'rape culture' is trivialized might be a valid point of view, but this much controversy over a god damn 3 panel fictional webcomic? The point where she tried to point out that Gabe is mentally incompetent is where she just lost the plot altogether, and at that point it's not even about whatever cause she thought she had in the first place. This is drama for the sake of drama.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2011, 09:48 spindoctor

This happened to me once too. Perfectly legit and genuine version of Windows, but MSE said that it wasn't. In the end, I had to uninstall MSE and reinstall it for it to work.

edit - Seems like I might have misunderstood your problem. You're saying your Windows installation is now reporting that it's not authentic? Not sure how to deal with that then. In my case, it was only MSE that said my Windows wasn't genuine.

News Comments > Dungeons Interview
4. Re: Dungeons Interview Feb 8, 2011, 07:49 spindoctor

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 21:28:
No demo, no sale.

demo - http://www.gamershell.com/news_110704.html

News Comments > On Dungeon Siege III Stability
13. Re: On Dungeon Siege III Stability Feb 8, 2011, 07:20 spindoctor

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 06:50:
The best aspect of the Dungeon Siege series, at least to me, was the multiple party members you could control. Single character generic bullshit action/rpg, most likely suffering from consolitis as well? Meh.

Have they done away with multi-character parties in this game? That would be a bit crap.

News Comments > On Dungeon Siege III Stability
7. Re: On Dungeon Siege III Stability Feb 8, 2011, 01:43 spindoctor

So... is this the right time to start making excuses about why the game will be buggy as hell at launch?

Let me give it a shot... it's an excellent game that needed a little more time. Let's blame the publisher for forcing them to release it on a deadline and refusing to spend more money on the project. And it doesn't matter anyway because the writing is so excellent that it makes up for the rest of the game being broken. Will that cover it?

News Comments > Quote of the Day
7. Re: Quote of the Day Feb 8, 2011, 01:37 spindoctor

What mistake did he make about RDR/Rockstar? Did he predict it would fail in sales or something?  

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo