Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
13. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 12:04 spindoctor

Jackplug wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 11:53:
I hoped that it was available to all, but it is only if you own an xbox or Borderlands. All I will say then is fuckem..

It will be available to everyone in a couple of days I guess. Probably next week. Don't worry, you're not missing out on much. I had very low expectations from the game/demo and it failed to live up to even those

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Super Street Fighter IV: AE DRM Changes
14. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: AE DRM Changes Jun 2, 2011, 14:27 spindoctor

ASeven wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 13:54:
On the topic, funny that Capcom, of all publishers, is actually one that listens to PC gamers and actually puts into practice some of its promises.

Isn't it great how PC gamers rewarded Capcom for this by making SF4 one of the highest pirated games of 2009?

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode Detailed
7. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode Detailed May 28, 2011, 00:21 spindoctor

Ventura wrote on May 27, 2011, 21:20:
This is obviously their take at having something like Treyarch's zombie mode, but nevertheless, I could see me getting a great deal of fun out of this one.

I personally hope they focus more on the regular Spec Ops missions instead of this tired 'waves of enemies' concept. The proper Spec Ops missions were one of the best parts of MW2.

News Comments > Mass Effect Digital Comic
2. Re: Mass Effect Digital Comic May 27, 2011, 00:50 spindoctor

It's completely ridiculous that they want to charge for this.  

News Comments > GameFly's Direct2Drive Buy Confirmed, PC Game Rentals Possible?
1. Re: GameFly's Direct2Drive Buy Confirmed, PC Game Rentals Possible? May 25, 2011, 11:36 spindoctor

I hope this doesn't spell the end of their frequent and stackable coupon code sales which have let us buy new releases for significantly less than full price over the last couple of months.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 November Date Confirmed
12. Re: Modern Warfare 3 November Date Confirmed May 24, 2011, 22:19 spindoctor

mag wrote on May 24, 2011, 19:06:
This is only tangentially related, by some of the comments here.

I recently bought BF2 on Steam, but I get booted from most servers after about 30 seconds by Punkbuster bitching about something I'm running in the background. Anyone have any common culprits?

If you get some sort of 'invalid driver' error or something like that, it's because of the Steam overlay. Punkbuster doesn't like it apparently. Disable the overlay from your game options and you should be fine.

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Demo Next Month
4. Re: Dungeon Siege III Demo Next Month May 23, 2011, 11:06 spindoctor

Esoteric wrote on May 23, 2011, 10:55:
At least there will be a demo, I'll give it a try. I don't have much hope for the game, even though I'm an action RPG fan in general.

Yep. A demo is good news, even if it is on release day. You can never be too sure with an Obsidian game.

News Comments > Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better
15. Re: Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better May 22, 2011, 03:17 spindoctor

vrok wrote on May 21, 2011, 17:45:
Actually no. It was the job you did.

Yep.

News Comments > Bulletstorm DLC Released
11. Re: Bulletstorm DLC Released May 20, 2011, 14:20 spindoctor

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2011, 14:14:
You apparently think that high poly most mean production values "A biillion times higher"

You obviously don't know what production values are.
\

Not to mention that the game is just balls out crazy fun to play through. The only reason it's not worth full price is it's short length.

News Comments > Bulletstorm DLC Released
4. Re: Bulletstorm DLC Released May 20, 2011, 01:38 spindoctor

StingingVelvet wrote on May 20, 2011, 00:20:
It's a great singleplayer game but the online modes are crap, so this DLC is kind of pointless.

I actually enjoyed the multiplayer part of the game as well. It can be frustrating though, especially when you are in a team which does not understand teamwork. With friends and an external voice com program however, it's great fun to play. It did add some value to the package in my opinion.

Even if one can accept that paid DLC is a reality of games these days, this particular package does not provide value for money. The point of Echoes mode is to complete the map as quickly as possible, so both maps will provide 5-15 minutes of gameplay each depending on how many attempts it takes you to master them (which is usually 2-3). The remaining 3 Anarchy maps might be good but it's nowhere near worth the asking price.

News Comments > AvP Sequel Downplayed
19. Re: AvP Sequel Downplayed May 13, 2011, 00:32 spindoctor

"There's a lot more we can do first before we would consider doing a sequel on AVP."

... including praying that people somehow forget how utterly, hopelessly terrible the last game was.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Sunday Consolidation May 8, 2011, 23:29 spindoctor

Aybara wrote on May 8, 2011, 18:41:
Two free games to European PSN users. I figure US PSN users will get only the free games offered during your free month of PSN. Which, of course, stop working as soon as you stop subscribing.

I doubt they'd do that. Odds are the same offer will be given to US PSN users too.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2011, 23:22 spindoctor

I'll pay 20 or 30$ for an indie game if I really feel it will be worth it. However my purchase history says that I am far more likely to buy one at 10$. Like someone mentioned earlier... volume sales at 10$ should hopefully overcome the reduced cost.

One thing Cliffski mentions is that the lower price is expected because the games are indie. I'd say another factor applying downward pressure on the price is Steam weekend deals and all other digital distribution sales these days. Because of their frequency (which basically amounts to multiple games being on sale at any given point of time), I feel that the acceptable price point for PC games in general has gone down, and this isn't just for indie games. I know many people who can and do enjoy all the latest games but only pay about half it's price (25$-30$) a mere 6 weeks after release. Steam has changed the mentality of gamers to buy games only on sale, and even the indies will get caught up in this. People will wait for a 20$ game to be discounted to 10$ before buying, thereby giving the impression that 10$ is the acceptable price point for the game.

One last point I'd like to make is that indie game development seems to have become very prominent in the last couple of years. I remember even 2-3 years ago... there were a lot of good indie games being made I'm sure, but only a few really came to prominence. This was around the time Steam and other sites started pushing indie games on a somewhat equal footing to the 'bigger' ones. Now there seem to be a lot more indie games that look interesting coming out all the time and eventually people can't or won't buy as many. As an example, I can name 3 or 4 really good indie games from 4 years ago (actually, Aquaria is the only name that comes to mind) but I can name at least 3 good indie games that came out last month. As much as I'd love to, I can't buy them all. There's this neat looking game on Xbox Live Arcade called Outland that released a few days ago... it costs 10$ and I'd like to buy it, but I just bought Limbo, Shadow Complex and Costume Quest on sale a few weeks ago and I haven't finished them, so I keep telling myself that I should at least complete 1 or 2 of them before getting any more. That means Outland and potentially any other game that releases until I finish these ones go into the 'to get later, probably on sale' queue.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Revelations Announced
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Announced May 5, 2011, 13:34 spindoctor

NKD wrote on May 5, 2011, 13:23:
Jdrez wrote on May 5, 2011, 13:20:
Another cash-in expansion pack sequel. Meh.

Cash-in? Did you even play Brotherhood? It would have been worth the money even without the multiplayer. It wasn't a half-assed expansion pack.

Indeed. I got over 40 hours of entertainment from the single player alone, and the gameplay was better than AC2 in almost every way (which is no small feat).

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 1, 2011, 16:29 spindoctor

Bigdownload happened to be one of the sites which consistently capped out my connection and also didn't require accounts/subscriptions for basic but very useful features like resume support. Strangely, a lot of these other sites don't allow that or have timers or some such nonsense. I'm glad that they are offloading their downloading to Joystiq but I hope it continues like it used to be instead of becoming just another crap site.

Random thought... Does anyone remember 3dgamers.com? Used to be a great site for downloads until it got swallowed up by Fileplanet I think a few years ago. Not sure why that suddenly came to my mind but yea...

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Is Call of Duty doomed? May 1, 2011, 02:51 spindoctor

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2011, 17:38:
Wolfenstein (their last games)

I keep waiting on Steam to put that one sale for dirt cheap, but they never have. The demo on the 360 didn't overly impress me, but for $10 or $20, I'd take a chance.

Maybe next xmas...

Activision games rarely go on sale on Steam. Even if Wolf did go on sale, it would probably be 50% off so it would cost 20$. While I think the single player experience is worth that much, I'm also pretty sure you can get a retail copy of the game at a bargain bin price for 10$ if not less if you look around. It's possible you might prefer to have all games on Steam, but for some games like this you might want to consider making an exception and going the retail route.

For the record, the demo had the first level of the game which I personally considered the weakest section. IIRC, it really started to get good around level 3 onwards. I'd say the demo was a poor representation of the entire game.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Is Call of Duty doomed? Apr 30, 2011, 17:26 spindoctor

Fion wrote on Apr 30, 2011, 17:04:
Raven has been around for years, but they haven't had a truly great game since the original F.E.A.R. game. As to this Sledgehammer, them I haven't ever heard of.

Raven had nothing to do with the F.E.A.R series. Also, I thought Singularity and Wolfenstein (their last games) were pretty fun single player experiences. Maybe not top of the shelf but very good nonetheless.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2011, 12:31 spindoctor

nin wrote on Apr 21, 2011, 11:09:

I'm pretty sure as soon as I'm done, I'll run through it again to see what I missed. That link above "How To Find Three Of Portal 2's Best Secrets" springs to mind...I'm sure there's all kinds of little things like that I've missed.

I'm exploring everything I can. Any far off wall that has a white patch gets a portal fired on it so that I can explore . I found all 3 things mentioned in the article and more, although I'm sure there is still stuff that I missed. Either way, there's nothing like playing this for the first time.

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 21, 2011, 11:51:
Do you know how many chapters are there in the coop campaign? I started playing it with my wife on the PS3 and it is a lot of fun, we aren't through chapter 1 yet, didn't have much time to play it yet.

5 chapters, with 6 to 9 levels in each. I'd say approximately 35 levels to play through.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2011, 11:01 spindoctor

Yep I'm enjoying the hell out of Portal 2 as well. Completed the co-op campaign with a friend, and about 75% of the single player portion as well. Valve have crafted another masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. I'm actually kind of dreading reaching the end of the game, because then there will be no more to play  

News Comments > The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom DLC and Patch
4. Re: The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom DLC and Patch Apr 21, 2011, 09:55 spindoctor

DRM or not, I'd buy the game on Steam if they actually put it on sale with a decent discount. To my knowledge, it has only been discounted once since it launched a year ago, and that was the Steam Christmas sale where it was available for 34$. Which seemed kind of high considering 34$ could buy one so many other games at the time.  

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo