Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Next Steam Greenlight on November 30th
2. Re: Next Steam Greenlight on November 30th Oct 31, 2012, 21:26 spindoctor

I wish Valve would greenlight only those games which are complete or on the verge of completion. This would ensure that games would release in a reasonable amount of time after being greenlit. What is the point of a title getting through greenlight and then still not releasing for weeks or months after that? So far they've greenlit 29 games and out of those, only 2 have actually released in the 2 months that this process has been on. That ratio is just off.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in Spring
55. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 14:18 spindoctor

InBlack wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 08:07:
I wont even mention the fact that RDR was NEVER ported to the PC.

And yet...

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in Spring
36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 05:25 spindoctor

Very excited for the game. Hoping it gets a May release as per Rockstar's usual schedule and doesn't get delayed.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Open Beta
3. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Oct 29, 2012, 21:09 spindoctor

There isn't and won't be any SP component because the industry hasn't figured out how to fuck over gamers with microtransactions within a single player environment.

As for the MP, the free to play model in this game is pretty dire. Any half decent F2P game will start everyone on an equal footing and then provide advantages to paying customers that don't affect game balance. MWO is not like that. As a free player you will start in a clearly inferior training mech and you will have to grind for hours before you can even afford to buy a somewhat competitive mech. And even then the game has way too much grinding in general. And performance is not where it needs to be. Big open maps though, thanks to the Cryengine 3. It's open beta now, so everyone can give it a shot to see for themselves.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Golden Key Giveaways
23. Re: Borderlands 2 Golden Key Giveaways Oct 27, 2012, 11:36 spindoctor

John wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 12:42:
I thought we got something just for signing up for the SHiFT thing but I never did. I linked it to my Steam account and everything. Was there something else I need to do?

Unlink your Steam account on the Shift website. Then launch the game and go to the Shift option in the menu where it will ask you to sign in to Shift with your credentials. Do that and you should get your key. There's no real point of having your Steam account linked to Shift at this time.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Next Month
10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Next Month Oct 19, 2012, 11:28 spindoctor

InBlack wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 10:47:
Its a population problem spindoctor, I really had epic 'holy shit its a huge war' moments in the beta but those were few and far between. Since the population of the servers were rather low at all times they were up.

Well that's encouraging.

Did you get a chance to study their monetization system? Is it fair or not?

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Next Month
3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Next Month Oct 19, 2012, 10:40 spindoctor

I only played the beta for a while so I might be off base here, but for some reason I was unable to see the massive scale of the game. Sure, you have a huge persistent map but there are only a few 'flashpoints' as such at any given time. And once you reach one of those flashpoints, it's basically just another standard FPS map with a few control points or something that the different teams fight for. I don't think I saw any real battles greater than 20v20 or so. Nowhere close to the "100s of people fighting battles" that Planetside promises. Maybe populations were low because it was beta, but I don't know... the design of game never felt like it was pushing towards a battle that big. Guild Wars 2 WvW fights seem more hectic than that, probably because of the smaller map.

Can someone tell me what I was missing there? Or is the game really about 50 people at a time fighting for control of various points and never really becomes massive fights of hundreds of people fighting each other?

Still, I'm looking forward to the release. They've already confirmed it's coming to Steam as well, hopefully on the same date.

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2012, 10:59.

News Comments > League of Legends Soars
4. Re: League of Legends Soars Oct 12, 2012, 12:12 spindoctor

InBlack wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 10:52:
And where is DOTA2? Too little too late Valve. Screw your shity invite only beta, and letting me install Dota2 only to realise that its 'spectator' only...

Fucking hell, I dont really care about these types of games and have only played LoL once, but after that shit that Valve pulled Im probably not going to play it out of pure spite.

Your loss, it's a fantastic game. Too bad you don't understand what closed beta means. And heck, anyone who really wanted in to the beta got in easily. They give away beta keys like there's no tomorrow.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Oct 6, 2012, 10:04 spindoctor

Dev wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 09:53:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 20:33:
Thought maybe it was posted, but if you buy XCOM from GMG, you get Civ 5 for free.....
Is that verified? I thought that was exclusive steam bonus only if you bought from steam.

Confirmed.

News Comments > Darkfall Online Closing When Unholy Wars Arrives
7. Re: Darkfall Online Closing When Unholy Wars Arrives Oct 6, 2012, 10:02 spindoctor

I still remember the drama over the Eurogamer review of this game. The internet truly showed it's worst face in that episode.  

News Comments > More Project Eternity Goals
41. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 20:20 spindoctor

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:15:
You'd think with every major project starting their own paypal sub-payment system outside of Amazon Payments Kickstarter would figure out that maybe.. just maybe.. just offering Amazon Payments is not the best choice.

So this discussion thread went off in strange directions :D. To answer this question though, I believe they stick with Amazon payments because it is the only service which allows pledging of amounts that can be extracted from the user at a certain later date. Paypal does not offer this option, and they would have to pull the money immediately when the pledge was made, which is contrary to their philosophy of only taking money if the Kickstarter is successful.

News Comments > The Sims 3 Patch
4. Re: The Sims 3 Patch Sep 30, 2012, 06:33 spindoctor

Reminds me of the hamster sickness that hit the Sims many years ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/746700.stm

News Comments > On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security
15. Re: On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security Sep 30, 2012, 06:25 spindoctor

ASeven wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 16:35:
Simple, because of the precedent made by this and the effect it will have with other control hungry publishers.

Oh okay then. Continue to stay pissed off. It's a good state of mind to be in, especially with regards to an entertainment hobby like gaming.

RailWizard wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 21:11:
So they can kill the servers when it's time for you to buy BO3.

They don't need to run every single server in the world to be able to shut it down at any time. They can always just tell GSPs to pull the servers, even those that are rented out. Put it in the licensing contract on release, give a month's notice to them and users and that's it. Running every server seems like a very expensive way to go about achieving that goal. Also worth pointing out that the COD5 master authentication server is still up, as are Black Ops servers, so it doesn't seem like they're in a hurry to kill off their old games.

I wonder if they actually believe that running the servers themselves will be an effective way to combat hacking, because it sure as hell won't be.

7. Re: On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security Sep 29, 2012, 16:29 spindoctor

ChopperDan wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 13:27:
With the cheaters running so rampant in the other CoD's I think it's a good idea. If they have control over all of the servers, they can put a stop to all the assholes faster at least thats how i am viewing it.

Yea but can the Treyarch support team do a better job than admins who paid for the server? That's up for debate. Treyarch has to look out for hundreds or thousands of servers, a renting admin only has to look out for his own.

ASeven wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 14:32:
Ah well, I stopped buying CoD with CoD4. Damn, this pisses me off.

You really should ask yourself why news about a game in a series you haven't bought in 6 years pisses you off.

1. Re: On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security Sep 29, 2012, 13:00 spindoctor

You can’t rent a dedicated server; they’re just free for your use.

This seems odd. Treyarch would rather pay for every single dedicated server in the world instead of just letting users rent them from GSPs? What could be the reason behind this?

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Preorders
3. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 10:36 spindoctor

Verno wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 10:00:
Release Date: TBA 2013, eh I think I'll wait and see if THQ survives. Darksiders 2 undersold its sales targets by a hefty margin

It did? It topped the NPD charts last month (really good for a late month release) and was selling decently on Steam too. I don't think they expected the 5 million number that was thrown around, but it seems to be doing well enough for a single player only game.

News Comments > PAYDAY - The Heist Wolfpack DLC Released
10. Re: PAYDAY - The Heist Wolfpack DLC Released Aug 8, 2012, 08:41 spindoctor

Bet wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 00:33:
You can generally trust people with 115+ rep (levels) in the game, so playing with people you don't know works well.

The real problem is getting to rank 115+ in the first place. You are likely to get kicked out of every single lobby you join because you will start out at a low level. For some reason high level players forget that they too were at a low level once and they had to play to reach their higher level.

I guess it's okay to play it during a Steam sale rush when there will be lots of newbies around to play with. However, once the rush subsides, you'll be left with a tiny community of players that will not play with you unless you managed to reach a very high level beforehand. Best to get this game if you have 3 other friends you can play with... else skip it imo.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pre-purchases
17. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pre-purchases Aug 8, 2012, 08:32 spindoctor

Jerykk wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 22:48:
"Yank you back"? You act like that's a bad thing. Most modern shooters are pretty bland. Regenerating health, large numbers of generic hitscan weapons that are only slight variations of one another, ranking systems that force you to unlock weapons, items and modes, simplistic traversal mechanics... these are not good things.

Really, the only thing I want from modern shooters is the ability to create parties and easily find and join my friends online. When it comes to actual gameplay, I'll gladly go back ten years.

No I didn't act like it was a bad thing. You pulled that one right out of thin air.

Unless someone still plays the older CS games in 2012, they are going to find the transition to CSGO a little jarring if they've been playing modern FPS games. Even if you insist on believing that every single change to FPS games since CS has been bad, odds are most people will be used to a lot of those things now. All I suggested was that those are unsure should give the older games a whirl to see if they're still comfortable with it's design.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pre-purchases
9. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pre-purchases Aug 7, 2012, 20:50 spindoctor

If you're wondering how this game plays, go and fire up any old version of Counter Strike you might have. No matter how much you might have liked it back in the day, it was back in the day. For better or worse, shooters have changed a lot in the last 10 years and there are probably things that you just expect from one these days. Playing CS will yank you back 10 years in game design. If you find yourself comfortable and enjoying CSS or CS1.6 just like you used to, then by all means go ahead and get CSGO. It's a fairly decent remake of the core CS gameplay without rocking the boat too much.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Change Plans
3. Re: Diablo III Auction House Change Plans Aug 3, 2012, 11:34 spindoctor

What would you want to search for that is more than 3 digits?

I hope they make it so that you can search for stats in legendary items too.

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo