Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited; Huttball Introduced
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited Huttball Introduced Aug 19, 2011, 14:59 spindoctor

Artificially limit the supply of the game at launch? Just how stupid does EA think we are?  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched Aug 19, 2011, 09:55 spindoctor

Yea Black Ops has received very decent support on the PC. Bug fixes, re-balancing, closing out exploits and mod tools too.  

News Comments > More on MW3 Dedicated Servers
10. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 19, 2011, 05:49 spindoctor

DangerDog wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 16:50:
Host them where you want?

You mean like only through specific server hosting providers?

It seems like they'll be releasing public dedicated server files. Anyone who wants to can run servers. I'm sure there will be GSPs as well who will rent out servers just like they do for Black Ops or Battlefield but you won't be completely dependent on them.

News Comments > id Software: Fans of our IPs "Patience Will Be Rewarded"
6. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 11:53 spindoctor

PHJF wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 11:39:
No, actually, the last Wolfenstein was pretty fun. Singleplayer, anyways.

Yup. The single player part was pretty damn good.

News Comments > No TrackMania 2 Boxed or Steam Release (Yet); Media Blowout
18. Re: No TrackMania 2 Boxed or Steam Release (Yet); Media Blowout Aug 15, 2011, 00:04 spindoctor

I wonder if it will be available on other sites like D2D and Gamersgate. Either way, not being on Steam will hurt their sales. Hopefully they can figure out a way to make it happen.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer
13. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 14, 2011, 04:06 spindoctor

Ravenus wrote on Aug 14, 2011, 03:52:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 23:18:
It LOOKS like they were trying to do some sorta Military FPS game that was canceled and all the art assets were used in a SS type game.
Hey weren't they actually doing that? I remember seeing some screenies years ago.

Yup I seem to remember this too. I think the first screenshots of this engine we ever saw had that particular theme going on.

News Comments > DOTA 2 Interview
6. Re: DOTA 2 Interview Aug 14, 2011, 03:58 spindoctor

Well he obviously can't come out and say that the community sucks but I'm sure even he knows that it's the truth.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Aug 13, 2011, 01:41 spindoctor

Using the Greenmangaming coupon SUNNY-SAVER-20PEC for Red Orchestra 2 brings down the pre-order price of the standard edition to 27$. That is the best deal around for that particular game.  

News Comments > MDK 2 HD Next Month
11. Re: MDK 2 HD Next Month Aug 12, 2011, 16:15 spindoctor

tony wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 15:48:
Pop quiz: How do you kill the success of a new/ re-released title?

Answer: By releasing it exclusively on a service no one has heard of.

Yup. WTF are they thinking?

News Comments > July Retail Game Sales Drop
3. Re: July Retail Game Sales Drop Aug 11, 2011, 23:41 spindoctor

No releases = no sales, it's that simple. This is the calm before the storm though. August numbers won't be great either, but September onwards the floodgates will open up.  

News Comments > No Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo
9. Re: No PC Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo Aug 11, 2011, 08:32 spindoctor

WyldKat wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 04:07:

PC Gamers respond to Ubisoft's DRM by saying they will boycott, Ubisoft responds to boycott by canceling all demos.

and then PC gamers complain about the lack of a demo for a game they are boycotting anyway?

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2011, 13:09 spindoctor

MajorD wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 12:39:
One thing I can't seem to get solid clarification on is if I have a 'Retail' copy of BF3, will I still need Origin loaded on my PC to be able to play BF3, or is it only required for the Digital Distribution?

If it is like Crysis 2, then I have my answer as 'No'.

Anyone have firm clarification on that?

This is not clear yet. The Alpha test they had required Origin to be installed and running while you play the game, and the integration seemed pretty tight so I'm assuming that will be the case with the final game too, but there really is no official word on this matter yet.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
38. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 8, 2011, 04:32 spindoctor

Jerykk wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 23:20:
You should just buy the PC version twice. The retail PC version contains all the physical extras.

Not in my country unfortunately. Only the console augmented editions are releasing here. I could import the PC one but it would cost more and/or take longer, potentially attract import duties, get lost and what not. In this case I'm afraid I'll be taking the path of least resistance.

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 00:15:

I meant Skyrim. I just want the art book as a pdf. Fallout New Vegas got the comic book as a pdf bonus on Direct2Drive so I hope for something similar here.

My apologies, I have no idea why I started talking about Rage. I still doubt that Bethesda would make any extra effort to get a digital deluxe edition out but who knows, maybe D2D will repeat the F:Nv offer like you said.

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 on Steam
140. Re: No Battlefield 3 on Steam Aug 7, 2011, 23:22 spindoctor

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 16:12:

Not sure what that means if true. Either it only applies when you sell within the game, which GFWL does not, or Dirt 3 got some kind of pass for some reason.

... or EA is lying about the situation?

For the record, you can buy the Dirt 3 DLC through the GFWL overlay while playing, so I reckon that counts as ingame unless one wants to be completely pedantic about it.

Teddy wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 17:06:

They sent out emails a couple days back that granted anyone who participated in the Alpha a free game if they pre-purchased through Origin.

Only for North Americans I believe.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 7, 2011, 23:11 spindoctor

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 19:51:
Might be a better deal somewhere too before release, maybe a digital deluxe edition.

There will almost certainly be a better deal on it, but I'm fairly confident that there won't be a digital deluxe edition. The decision about SKUs is made before pre-orders are started, they won't change it now. People who pre-order the game get 'upgraded' to the Anarchy edition of the game which is basically the base game + 2-3 unlocks. That's your digital deluxe edition right there.

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 21:31:
Neither Deus Ex game so far was a blockbuster seller. I doubt the new one will sell like gangbusters either, though I would love to be proven wrong. I think cyberpunk just doesn't resonate with many people, which is odd because it's my favorite.

I'm getting the same feeling, although I don't exactly know why that is. There's no lack of visibility for the game, Square Enix have ensured that through a pretty vast and effective marketing campaign. It's possible this is a kind of game people just don't want to play, which could explain the not so great sales of the earlier 2 games. I'm personally considering double dipping on this one, ordered the Steam augmented edition and I'm thinking about getting a console augmented edition as well for the artbook and stuff.

135. Re: No Battlefield 3 on Steam Aug 7, 2011, 13:55 spindoctor

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 13:37:
Ever since then games with NEW DLC sold outside of Steam and not on Steam itself have been pulled. Ever since then GFWL games have suddenly seen new DLC releases on Steam as well.

All of 2 games have been pulled, both by EA. And how do you explain Dirt 3 still getting GFWL exclusive DLC after this supposed change in rules and still remaining on Steam?

News Comments > On Battlefield 3 Unlocks
34. Re: On Battlefield 3 Unlocks Aug 7, 2011, 04:42 spindoctor

Teddy wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 20:22:

True, but the hour for the medkit was still idiotic. I have to agree with anyone complaining about that one. What point is there in calling it a medic class if it's not allowed to heal anyone until they've killed enough people to do it?

Support classes should have their basic support options available right from the get go, so that they can... you know... support their team and earn points that way rather than force them into an assault role for the first level or two of gameplay and only then allow them to do what they're meant to do.

It was a bad call by Dice all around.

I agree. This was one of the really stupid decisions that Dice took for the design of BC2. I hope they don't repeat it in BF3.

121. Re: No Battlefield 3 on Steam Aug 7, 2011, 04:13 spindoctor

Krovven wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 18:22:

Again, for the people who clearly can't read previous posts. The policy change is not retro-active. If new DLC gets released the same way, Valve will block DAO too.

This is pure speculation though. There has been no official word about what the exact policy change is, so there is no way to know that it isn't retroactive.

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 18:38:

Now we need to find out if any other publishers' games have added new DLC that isn't for sale in the Steam store, or if EA is the only one "being difficult."

Dirt 3 got new DLC as recently as a week or so ago (the Asian X-games pack or something like that). It (and all other Dirt 3 DLC) is sold exclusively on Games for Windows Live, and Valve doesn't have a problem with that. They're still selling the base game on Steam. EA is completely full of shit here.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2011, 04:37.

16. Re: No Battlefield 3 on Steam Aug 6, 2011, 13:54 spindoctor

Bhruic wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 13:01:
If this is such a big deal with EA, why don't any of the other big name publishers seem to have the same problem with Valve?

If this is such a big deal with Valve, why don't any of the other digital distributers seem to have the same problem with EA?

Because none of them are Steam, which has the lion's share of the PC digital distribution market and mindshare. EA knows that if they put the game on Steam, it would singlehandedly sell more copies than Origin and all the other sites put together. They can't push their Origin service that no one wants to use anyway when the far superior alternative will carry the game too.

I still believe that the game will eventually show up on Steam, be it 2 days before release, or on release day or two weeks after release. And this is because BF3/EA needs Steam a lot more than Steam needs BF3. And if it really doesn't come to Steam at all, well, they're leaving the world's largest digital distribution platform entirely for Modern Warfare 3. I'm sure that will work out well for EA.

News Comments > On Ubisoft DRM
15. Re: On Ubisoft DRM Jul 29, 2011, 00:26 spindoctor

Jerykk wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 22:34:

Oy? Ubisoft is still releasing PC games on a regular basis. Hell, they even have a couple of upcoming PC-exclusives in Ghost Recon Online and Might & Magic Heroes. Ubisoft may have the worst DRM in the business but they're still releasing as many PC games as any other big publisher.

They actually release more PC exclusives than pretty much any 'big' publisher out there. The Settlers, Anno, HOMM, Silent Hunter, Trackmania, Cliffs of Dover are all PC exclusive. You have to be smoking some good shit to say that they have 'abandoned' the PC altogether.

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo