Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
61. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 2, 2011, 01:48 spindoctor

This comment thread is incredible. A quick news post about Carmack showing up for a midnight signing turned into this?  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 "Killer New Feature" Coming
22. Re: Mass Effect 3 "Killer New Feature" Coming Oct 1, 2011, 23:36 spindoctor

It's going to be the multiplayer reveal. It's the worst kept secret about Mass Effect 3, and I'm surprised that some folks here are still under the impression that the game will be single player only.

Here's an image doing the rounds... a promo from a magazine I believe. http://i.imgur.com/YvIqd.jpg The last bullet point says it all.

News Comments > Dead Island DLC Delayed
4. Re: Dead Island DLC Delayed Oct 1, 2011, 01:30 spindoctor

I finished Dead Island a week or so ago... lasted me ~33 hours and it was well worth it. One of the best zombie games I've ever played. But as much as I like the game, I have to say that the developers have seriously dropped the ball when it comes to post release support. We got a couple of patches in the first 3 days when they released the wrong build of the game on Steam but after that, there has been nothing. The game is a janky, buggy release with a lot of issues that need to be fixed. Sure, a lot of the issues have been taken care of by the mod community but I don't think the developer should rely on that, which is what I feel they have been doing. And there are still other problems that need to be sorted out. For a game that is breaking sales records for the publisher, I would have expected a little more professionalism when it comes to dealing with problems in a timely manner.

On a side note, I'll also mention that I personally cannot see the appeal of arena style DLC for a game like this. They should get to work on the Ryder White campaign instead of continuously pushing back this silly arena DLC.

News Comments > Steam Translations Value Estimate
6. Re: Steam Translations Value Estimate Sep 25, 2011, 13:58 spindoctor

Esoteric wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 13:47:
"MAKING the community work for free."

I do not think he understands what MAKING means.

Precisely. This is just so idiotic.

News Comments > Why No Commander in Battlefield 3
26. Re: Why No Commander in Battlefield 3 Sep 23, 2011, 06:54 spindoctor

entr0py wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 01:42:
[
The reason for that in the alpha was that 95% of squads were bugged so that there was no squad leader, and no squad spawning possible under any circumstances.

I hope they didn't make that change as well as the change to the objective placements based on the alpha, because the squad leader bug threw everything off.

I'm aware of that squad spawning bug, and you're right, it did have a significant impact on alpha gameplay. However, it still doesn't invalidate my point... if you have bad squad leaders, it will make life a lot more frustrating for the other players in the squad. Spawn only on squad leader works if the squad leader is good, and on pubs that is not a given.

News Comments > Why No Commander in Battlefield 3
15. Re: Why No Commander in Battlefield 3 Sep 23, 2011, 00:44 spindoctor

LittleMe wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 23:27:
Then why not fix/improve the role instead of eliminating it?

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read this. Why not design the role better instead of complaining about how it was a bad idea because of weak design?

Teddy wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 00:25:
Spawn only on squad leader got removed after the Alpha.

And thank god for that. It would be so annoying if you get idiot squad leaders like the Rambo who runs around everywhere trying to get frags instead of focusing on the objective, and consequently spends most of his time in the respawn queue... or the sniper who will lay prone 3 steps in front of the spawn point for the duration of the match.

Regularly having to respawn right at the back seriously affected the flow of the game in the alpha test. I'm glad they're getting rid of the problem.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 14, 2011, 12:51 spindoctor

How can people still be complaining about the trailer? They put out a fine game and yet people whine it's not what they they thought it was going to be. Techland never tried to deceive people by putting out the video equivalent of bullshots. Hell they even put in the family from the trailer in the game after the events shown in it. People need to move on for fuck's sake.  

News Comments > DICE: PC is Battlefield 3 "Lead Platform"
27. Re: DICE: PC is Battlefield 3 Sep 14, 2011, 01:12 spindoctor

Jerykk wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 23:27:
I don't really care about BF3 but I do like the fact that 99% of the marketing thus far has focused on the PC version. It's funny how there's so much controversy when this happens but not a single peep when only console media is shown. X360 is used in about 95% of marketing material for all games. Hell, Bethesda never shows any PS3 or PC media ever but there are never any headlines about it.

Perhaps because what Bethesda shows is at least as good as the game will look on all platforms? Whereas what DICE is showing will not be the game 90+% of all BF3 buyers see? (This includes all console buyers and the majority of PC gamers who aren't running i7s with 580s in SLI or something like that.)

News Comments > On Hard Reset DRM
9. Re: On Hard Reset DRM Sep 7, 2011, 18:47 spindoctor

Dev wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 18:28:

while some will note that Steam itself can be considered Digital Rights Management, the game contains no other DRM.

I did read that part. I wasn't aware that Steam being DRM was open to interpretation, but still, that's Blue editorializing and it's fine. The developer on the other hand is definitely using Steam DRM on every copy of his game, so for him to say that there is no DRM is is just flat out wrong.

Ubisoft could say they are using no DRM, apart from the always online connection requirement. That would be about as valid as what this guy just said.

News Comments > Hard Reset Demo
14. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 18:26 spindoctor

Frijoles wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 18:16:
So is the demo the same one that TotalBiscuit and RockPaper played? Is this a media build demo or something else?

The demo is the same as the videos we've been seeing for the past month or so. Not sure about the 2 sources you linked, but it's the same level as the Giantbomb quick look. I'm assuming they're all the same.

News Comments > On Hard Reset DRM
5. Re: On Hard Reset DRM Sep 7, 2011, 18:24 spindoctor

What is this guy talking about? It's a Steamworks game. How does that equate to no DRM?  

News Comments > 500 Developers on Call of Duty
4. Re: 500 Developers on Call of Duty Sep 7, 2011, 01:01 spindoctor

No surprises there. Call of Duty makes over a billion dollars a year, of course they're going to throw resources at it. Ubisoft does the same thing for Assassin's Creed... I think they have 400+ people working in 5-6 different studios around the world on the series.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 5, 2011, 00:05 spindoctor

Alamar wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 20:31:
Good deal of content for the money, which is ironic, because it didn't really have more content than most shooters...

So what you're saying is that this was a 6 hour game that they somehow made me play so slowly that it lasted 36 hours?

God damn I wish more games made me play slowly if that's the case.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2011, 01:15.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod
2. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod Sep 4, 2011, 14:45 spindoctor

Well you can spawn healing items as well using the same method.  

News Comments > Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details
20. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 17:37 spindoctor

Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 16:23:
And I don't find the level design really inspired. It's not bad, just not great.

I actually like the level design. Lower Heng Sha is just really cool to walk around in. And some of the later levels, while they might look like big boxes, are actually very 'sandboxy' in nature and you can really see the effort that went into designing the multiple paths in them. Hell I even thought TYM was a great level, as linear as it became. I can definitely see a lot of work went into the art and the thinking behind how the levels were carefully crafted.

News Comments > Dead Island Release Trailer
3. Re: Dead Island Release Trailer Aug 31, 2011, 12:43 spindoctor

Release trailer for a game still a week away from release?  

News Comments > No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3
26. Re: No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3 Aug 31, 2011, 11:54 spindoctor

EddieTheHack wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 11:30:
This whole thing is a load of crap. "We have to build our experiences so we donít put the player in experiences where they can do bad things." - Then don't make a game about war.

And this is all that needs to be said on the subject. You cannot make a game where you will slaughter 1500 human beings in the 7 hours it takes you to complete it and then turn around and pretend to take a moral high ground on why you don't want your game experience to let people 'do bad things'.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders in October
1. Re: Dungeon Defenders in October Aug 23, 2011, 18:15 spindoctor

They're a year late with this release. Personally, I was interested in this game when I heard about it a year ago but not anymore. Also, its another game releasing mid October... Are all these developers oblivious to the kind of competition they're going up against or something?  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Delayed Until October; Steam Promotions
9. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Delayed Until October; Steam Promotions Aug 23, 2011, 17:35 spindoctor

Krovven wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 15:10:
Serious Sam gets to wait for the Holiday Steam Sale, it's not even a tough decision like it was with Deus Ex HR.

Yup. Didn't even have to think twice about skipping the game (until a deep discount comes along). October and November are jam packed with other stuff to play. They really should have stuck to their Summer window... they've chosen a very bad date to release it.

News Comments > Jurassic Park: The Game in November
1. Re: Jurassic Park: The Game in November Aug 23, 2011, 12:24 spindoctor

What a bad date they picked to release the game. Same date as Saints Row 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, the Halo remake, the new Need for Speed and just days after Skyrim, MW3, UC3... I get the feeling they will be drowned out by all the bigger games.  

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo