Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sword of the Stars II Launch Issues
8. Re: Sword of the Stars II Launch Issues Oct 31, 2011, 15:14 spindoctor

Reminds me of Magicka earlier this year... same publisher, same kinds of problems at launch. They do this deliberately... get it out no matter what and then patch the game later.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week
10. Re: Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week Oct 21, 2011, 13:02 spindoctor

Released last week and dlc announced already? Since when did indies start doing this?

Oh well, will wait for a 5$ sale on the 'complete' game.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Demo
3. Re: Dungeon Defenders Demo Oct 21, 2011, 00:03 spindoctor

Has anyone managed to get multiplayer working with the demo? I tried last night and just kept getting an error that I failed to join my friend's game (and he got the same while trying to join mine).  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 MP Trailer
49. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 17:21 spindoctor

Bhruic wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 15:25:

It's not launching with one, anyway. Whether they add one after the fact is open to speculation.

Dice barely manage to fix the problems their games launch with. I believe VOIP for BC2 never got fixed at all. Expecting them to add new features post release is probably asking for too much.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 MP Trailer
35. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 13:59 spindoctor

Bucky wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 13:23:
I can't remember if it offered YouTube uploading, though.

It does, but you are limited to 30 second clips and the ingame video encoder was pretty lousy. Best way to do it was run FRAPS and record a video of the demo running, and then encode that externally and upload to Youtube.

Multi view demo support is an awesome thing, and I am really surprised how rare it is in shooters these days. I think Black Ops was the first PC game to have it in a very, very long time. I believe MW3 will have it too. This comment thread made me do some research and it turns out that BF3 will not have a Battlerecorder, which is absurd considering the best part of the game (that people would want to share) are the unscripted Battlefield moments that can happen at any time.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta Infographic
8. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Infographic Oct 18, 2011, 00:29 spindoctor

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 21:52:
With this a lot more rides on it for EA so they will make sure EVERY issue is patched and every little nagging detail is addressed. The alternative is to lose to Cod which releases a whole month later, its during that time BF3 either wins or loses the war.

What EA cares about is the number of sales they can get out of the game, especially pre-orders and week 1 when the game isn't discounted. You'd think that it automatically follows that a well supported game would help them achieve that, but history has shown this is not the case with the gaming industry. So you never know.

As for Call of Duty, it releases 2 weeks (and not a month) after BF3. And if you were referring to the sales war between the two, that war is already over without a single shot being fired (so to speak )

News Comments > Project Zomboid Code Theft
37. Re: Project Zomboid Code Theft Oct 17, 2011, 16:53 spindoctor

Something as simple as copying the day's work into a Dropbox folder would have been enough to avert this disaster. Considering their monumental incompetence in not backing up their work properly, and adding in their unbelievably unprofessional Twitter reaction to all this... yea, they deserve all the shit that comes their way.  

7. Re: Project Zomboid Code Theft Oct 16, 2011, 15:55 spindoctor

Myrmidon wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 15:02:
spindoctor wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 14:47:
I had never seen a developer openly insult his customers. Then I read that reddit thread.

Your Google-fu is weak! I got two words for you "Derek Smart" a.k.a. "The Ego has landed."

I stand corrected

Has Mr Smart ever told customers to go fuck themselves repeatedly?

1. Re: Project Zomboid Code Theft Oct 16, 2011, 14:47 spindoctor

I had never seen a developer openly insult his customers. Then I read that reddit thread.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link Oct 15, 2011, 21:55 spindoctor

PHJF wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 19:23:
Using materials selected by the producer is hardly "irrelevant" when reviewing a product.

You misunderstood what I posted. I was saying that a dvd with screenshots and videos is not relevant for PC reviews because it's a trivial task for the reviewer to create his own screens and videos. However, it's a bit trickier on consoles because there you need dedicated hardware to capture stuff.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2011, 17:43 spindoctor

Any map that's frustrating for snipers is a good map as far as I'm concerned. Snipers are the assholes of online shooters, and this is not criticism of the players, it's just how the sniper class plays. I don't see why the maps have to be designed to provide them safety while playing.

As for reused screenshots, they're probably taken from the press kit dvd which contains screenshots and videos so that the reviewers don't have to make their own. Not particularly relevant for a PC review as both tasks are trivial there, but it's a bit trickier for consoles.

News Comments > The Book of Unwritten Tales Demo
1. Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Demo Oct 15, 2011, 17:26 spindoctor

The official website demo link leads to Rapidshare. Kind of tacky if you ask me. They could have gone with a torrent or something instead.  

News Comments > NPD September Figures
4. Re: NPD September Figures Oct 14, 2011, 14:04 spindoctor

SimplyMonk wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 13:42:

Hardware Units sold had a good spike this year compared to last due to those price drops up until about May (~30% on a average). Now everything is trending about a ~15% loss year on year.

The PS3 price drop came after May I believe. That didn't help it's sales go up?

News Comments > NPD September Figures
1. Re: NPD September Figures Oct 14, 2011, 10:50 spindoctor

Considering that prices of all the consoles came down in the last year, it's definitely possible that the volume of units sold might still be holding steady or even possibly increasing and they are still generating less revenues for the manufacturers. Would be interesting to see an estimate of units sold. The LA Times article doesn't mention those numbers.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details
32. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 14, 2011, 01:16 spindoctor

The game is my personal GOTY, even bought 2 augmented editions of it but this 15$ price rubs me the wrong way. Won't buy this before a Steam sale.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Oct 14, 2011, 00:34 spindoctor

The FM2012 pre-order items are awesome. A football that everyone can play with and a vuvuzela to annoy the crap out of people

If only I had even an ounce of interest in the game

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - MDK2 HD
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - MDK2 HD Oct 13, 2011, 03:15 spindoctor

Can't help but wonder how many sales they'll get by keeping it exclusive to Beamdog.  

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Pre-Purchases; Valve Bonuses
3. Re: Dungeon Defenders Pre-Purchases; Valve Bonuses Oct 8, 2011, 17:08 spindoctor

Bucky wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 12:25:
It's this or Orcs Must Die, though it's hard to choose without a demo for Dungeon Defenders.

If you have Android it's free on the marketplace and you can check it out to see if you like it. The PC version will be different no doubt but it's better than nothing.

Alternatively, they have an old, proof of concept type prototype demo which you can try out - http://www.udk.com/showcase-dungeon-defense

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Released, Midweek Sale
7. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Released, Midweek Sale Oct 4, 2011, 14:51 spindoctor

So I just launched Portal 2 after updating and I can't actually tell much of a difference. The DLC adds leaderboard support for both campaign and co-op levels but that seems to be about it. This sounds absurd but I can't figure out how to access this 'devious new co-op track'... some help please?

edit - Wait never mind. You need to go to the hub to access it. Been a while since I played the game so I had forgotten how it was structured.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2011, 14:56.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 3, 2011, 11:36 spindoctor

Eurogamer gave Dark Souls a 9/10 too.  

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo