Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hard Reset: Extended Edition Announced
9. Re: Hard Reset: Extended Edition Announced Dec 13, 2011, 16:47 spindoctor

They better announce that it will be free to existing owners ASAP otherwise they are going to lose sales when the Steam Christmas sale starts next Monday.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Epic IP Reveal Saturday
12. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 00:40 spindoctor

Epic makes fun games, so I'm looking forward to this. I really do wish Bulletstorm had sold well enough for a part 2 because it was a really fun game to play.

It's kind of odd that developers are starting to treat the Spike VGA as a big deal. There are quite a few big announcements scheduled for this year's event, and even last year they made some pretty big announcements/reveals there (Skyrim was first revealed there too).

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 6, 2011, 00:35 spindoctor

The article missed out on an important bit of news that was revealed yesterday... the Vita will be region locked for all practical purposes. It will only allow one PSN account to link to it (unless you do a factory reset) so you can only every buy content for and from that one region to which your PSN account is registered.  

News Comments > Trine 2 This Week
3. Re: Trine 2 This Week Dec 5, 2011, 23:32 spindoctor

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 21:49:
Now, should it be Gamersgate or Steam...

It has been available on Steam for a month or two now. 15$ price and pre-ordering gets you access to the multiplayer beta and a couple of TF2 hats if that's your thing. It's pretty fun too, although I haven't tried MP yet.

News Comments > AVault for Sale
3. Re: AVault for Sale Dec 5, 2011, 22:40 spindoctor

Man it has been years since I visited avault but I do remember that at one time it was in my daily rotation of sites to visit. It was a pretty slick site even back in the day. For some reason, this story reminded me of sharkyextreme, another site I used to visit almost every day. Just checked and that's still around too.  

News Comments > BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates
18. Re: BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates Dec 2, 2011, 15:43 spindoctor

SXO wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 14:49:
That being said, I think everybody needs to take a step back and look at what EA is actually doing.

Everybody can see it. It's just that because it's Battlefield, they give it a free pass. Or more accurately, because it's not Call of Duty, they give it a free pass.

If people found out that Activision was creating a map pack 6 months before release and it would have 4 old maps in it, they would be screaming bloody murder. But when Battlefield does it, hypocrisy kicks in and everyone is okay with it. Everyone complains about how Call of Duty costs 60$, but BF3 is a 75$ game on release day unless you pre-ordered it and everyone is cool with it.

News Comments > Dead Island German Ban
9. Re: Dead Island German Ban Nov 30, 2011, 03:02 spindoctor

Banning the game 3 months after release seems so... pointless. Banning a game when it can be imported from one country over also seems pointless. This is all the more strange because I believe Germany is a pretty big gaming market, so you'd expect them to behave a little more sensibly on these issues.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Sells 8M
18. Re: Battlefield 3 Sells 8M Nov 30, 2011, 02:56 spindoctor

So that's less than what MW3 sold in it's first few days?  

News Comments > Anno 2070 Patch
8. Re: Anno 2070 Patch Nov 25, 2011, 11:55 spindoctor

Steam is downloading another 97mb patch for the game. Can't seem to find a changelog. Does anyone know what it does?  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
47. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 24, 2011, 00:36 spindoctor

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 20:55:
PropheT wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 20:54:
Bucky wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 18:25:
Edit: Huh, Steam seems to have forgotten all of my payment information. That's a sign I'm going to choose to ignore....

I think they cleared all of it from the system after the forum hack rather than requiring people to come and do it themselves.

meh. Mine was still there.

Steam removes linked credit card information when a user changes his password.

News Comments > Torchlight II Delayed
5. Re: Torchlight II Delayed Nov 17, 2011, 15:05 spindoctor

Verno wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 14:51:
Makes sense, right now is way too crazy for games to release anything else.

At the same time, they have a window that is fast closing as Blizzard gets ever closer to completing Diablo 3.

News Comments > Avalanche's Project Mamba Revealed
4. Re: Avalanche's Project Mamba Revealed Nov 17, 2011, 09:30 spindoctor

It has to be Just Cause 3.  

News Comments > Dead Island Bloodbath Arena DLC Next Week
6. Re: Dead Island Bloodbath Arena DLC Next Week Nov 14, 2011, 18:13 spindoctor

Snabel wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 17:35:
The patches has in no way fixed the situation and yet the dlc marches on as it always does. Fuck this publisher, fuck their dlc and fuck their shoddy coding.

Did you try the dead island helper tool? It fixes most of the issues with the game, including some of the stuff you mention. The only thing it really can't fix are actual ingame bugs.

News Comments > Dead Island Bloodbath Arena DLC Next Week
3. Re: Dead Island Bloodbath Arena DLC Next Week Nov 14, 2011, 16:18 spindoctor

I think I read that the item duping bug was fixed, but those were console patch notes. I don't know if the same patch came to PC or not.

I enjoyed the main game and played it for 30+ hours in co-op, but it really is too late to go back to it now. If this had been proper story/co-op DLC, there was a small chance that I would have checked it out. Arena DLC doesn't interest me in the slightest.

News Comments > No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations
13. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 14:04 spindoctor

Brotherhood didn't have the always on DRM either. PC gamers were too busy complaining about it anyway to notice.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Sales Records
6. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Sales Records Nov 9, 2011, 11:02 spindoctor

The revenues generated from map packs alone would make it the third largest console title of the year.

That's quite amazing.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Nov 8, 2011, 19:20 spindoctor

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 16:44:
It's not a bad game, but I would suggest Mafia II over this, or wait until it hits a 20-25 price tag during a sale.

I agree. Finished it on the PS3 and it was decent, but not something I'd rush out to buy at full price knowing what I do about the game now. A solid 7/10 for me, worth playing but also wait for a sale.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials; New Assassin's Creed Game Next Year
3. Re: Ubisoft Financials; New Assassin's Creed Game Next Year Nov 8, 2011, 18:47 spindoctor

Prez wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 18:33:
Expecting a "double digit decline in sales compared to AC: Brotherhood" sounds like they are planning are using their idiotic DRM on 'Revelations'.

You make it sound like PC sales numbers (or lack of) can actually come remotely close to causing double digit dips in total sales numbers.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Preloads & Other Launch Prep
3. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Preloads & Other Launch Prep Nov 5, 2011, 11:10 spindoctor

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 10:50:
I just ordered the DL from Amazon and input the key in Steam. Pre-loading. I do notice that it says 3 days almost to the minute right now, so that means it will release on Steam at 10 am on the 8th? Seems stupid. Even if I went to the store and got a boxed retail copy for the PC, I wouldn't be able to play until then......pretty lame, as I have that day off....

Last year the Steam unlock time for Black Ops was continuously delayed and it finally unlocked a full day after people who bought retail copies started playing. Something similar might happen again this year, although I suspect your Amazon key will be counted as a retail key.

In my experience, expecting a midnight launch or putting too much stock into the Steam release countdown timer is almost always setting oneself up for disappointment.

News Comments > The Humble Voxatron Debut Expands
2. Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut Expands Nov 1, 2011, 23:39 spindoctor

Tumbler wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 23:02:
I dropped $2 on this thinking I'd just add the games to my steam library and move on. Turns out spending $2, all to charity, only gets one game and no steam codes. (i don't think anything is via steam code)

You can get the other 2 games by increasing your donation to beat the average, which is currently 4.47$, so you'd have to pay about 2.5$ more. The other 2 games are both on Steam and you'll get a Steam key for them.

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo