Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rhialto

Real Name Rhialto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://Rhialto.com
Signed On May 6, 2005, 19:01
Total Comments 316 (Amateur)
User ID 23064

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
52. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 12:54 Rhialto

I was playing DII on ladder for ladder-items only so I don't mind the persistent internet connection.

But I'm not sure about the auction thing. Not sure this won't stop bots from playing all day long to find/sell items and make a living...and...screw the game's economy?

After 1000 hours in DII I never found a Zod (and Cham, Jah, Ber, Sur for that matter) but it was possible to buy any a few hours only after a ladder reset. I never bought any item and I always dreamed to be the one to find a so rare item in the game, just like winning at the lottery.

I will again play DIII in hope of being the one who will find the ultimate item everyone is wishing for. :-

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RailWorks 3 Announced
10. Re: RailWorks 3 Announced Jul 16, 2011, 17:17 Rhialto

zerobytes wrote on Jul 16, 2011, 14:13:
The RailWorks 2 Steam page says this;

All RailWorks 2 users will receive a free upgrade to RailWorks 3: Train Simulator 2012 on September 23, 2011. Don't worry, all RailWorks 2 DLC is certified to work with RailWork 3: Train Simulator 2012.
True, that should be added in bold in the news...

http://www.railsimulator.com/upgrade/

News Comments > RailWorks 3 Announced
9. Re: RailWorks 3 Announced Jul 16, 2011, 17:16 Rhialto

Just bought RW2 with 75% rebate (laster 24 hours only) so I was extremely happy when they announced that the upgrade will be free. It looks good!  

News Comments > Torchlight Sells a Million
11. Re: Torchlight Sell a Million Jul 7, 2011, 08:24 Rhialto

Golwar wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 07:31:
I guess I'm the one exception then, who regrets his day-1 purchase of TL. I don't know if it was just the missing multiplayer, but I found no joy with that game.

I can't say I have regrets but after a few hours in, I was not enjoying it enough to invest more time. I would prefer play DII again for another run.

News Comments > Gold - Duke Nukem Forever
15. Re: Gold - Duke Nukem Forever May 24, 2011, 12:39 Rhialto

Like I wrote on another board...
"It's an epic tale of four game development studios that banded together"
I think it could be nice in the future if we could see a game or two that would be developped in different studios. I'm thinking of a new concept in fact... A big box start a project then passes it to another big box (usually a competitor) and so on. Each could add their grain of salt, ideas, technics, etc. Some are better in graphics, other in coding, optimizing, network code and so on.

I think it could be interesting to see the end results. They would have to find a way to split revenue but nothing is impossible.

The problem could be to find the 'genre' that will fit to everyone, I mean buyers, not designers as they should expect such a project as a challenge. Another problem would be that developpers would not want their code to be shown to competitors. Oh well!

DNF is a basic idea of this... with four game development studios that banded together.

News Comments > Diablo III Interviews
5. Re: Diablo III Interviews May 13, 2011, 15:36 Rhialto

I'm not able to read page 2... anyone else?  

News Comments > TrackMania 2 Screenshot, Puzzle, Beta Plans
1. Re: TrackMania 2 Screenshot, Puzzle, Beta Plans Apr 7, 2011, 19:02 Rhialto

I remember playing one of the TM demo for some weeks a few years ago and it was fun.

It would be great if they could release something for the 3DS, including internet play.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. From Beyond Mar 31, 2011, 12:50 Rhialto

Pretty interesting game... very short but challenging nonetheless.

Any hints? Best score yet is S rank with 19600.

News Comments > etc.
1. EVGA 560 Ti Crysis 2 edition Mar 24, 2011, 11:08 Rhialto

My current video card is from EVGA, it's the 8800GTS 512 Crysis Edition. There was nothing special in the box other than a special sticker on the card and of course, the game itself.

It's funny because I was looking to upgrade to a 560 Ti in the coming months. Not sure I'll go with this special edition this time. I have nothing to do with the poster and t-shirt are often too large. And for the game, well, I will take a look for sure but maybe much later when on sale on Steam.

I think I would have prefered a 560 Ti with more memory than the original.

News Comments > Trainz 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition [Updated]
1. Re: Trainz 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition Mar 18, 2011, 15:59 Rhialto

Just to be clear, there is only 10 golden tickets in the world. Not sure if it translates to 'one-in-ten chance of winning a Trainz Golden Ticket' like you wrote. This may be me rough translating to french which is my native language.

I would love to have a lot of time to play this but it's near impossible for now. I always liked trains, since my early ages.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity Patch
2. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity Patch Mar 16, 2011, 14:32 Rhialto

Me too... but I believe they will shorten it as usually the link points to full changelog so there is no need to post such a long changelog on the front page.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 13, 2011, 18:47 Rhialto

Link for "Here's an iPad Game Running on a 50-inch HDTV" is broken.

Use http://ca.kotaku.com/5781465/heres-an-ipad-game-running-on-a-50+inch-hdtv

News Comments > Call of Pripyat Complete
2. Re: Call of Pripyat Complete Mar 13, 2011, 18:41 Rhialto

That's a mod to try for sure... but be advised of hardware requirements. I tried to run it and it was a no go. Good thing that upgrading my hardware is planned in the next few months.  

News Comments > Steam Screenshots Live
8. Re: Steam Screenshots Live Feb 25, 2011, 08:52 Rhialto

reisub wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 07:53:
Finally I can hit F12 instead of Print Screen.
Both are next to each other, no?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 18, 2011, 21:02 Rhialto

I believe "3D No glasses by Jonathan Post" should go in Out of the Blue. It's a viral joke going on for 4 days.  

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Footage
7. Re: Diablo III PvP Footage Jan 7, 2011, 12:36 Rhialto

Well, I haven't really liked what I saw. I found there was way too much 'white bloom' or 'white energy' masking characters in combat which make it impossible to see the chars, the weapons action and other small details. It may be because of the way it was filmed thus it may look better in person, it may also be fine tuned more until the release but I wanted to point that out anyway.

Also, I'm not sure I like how the light beam move when the caster turns around. I thought it would look a tiny bit more fluid (I mean like adding a very tiny small delay thus see like a very small curve from caster hands up to the edge of screen) and not a straight light beam. But again I may be wrong, I know a true laser beam would react without delay on such a short distance.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Relaxed?
9. Re: Ubisoft DRM Relaxed? Dec 31, 2010, 15:58 Rhialto

They say players still must be online in order to begin games

What gives? What is different from before?

but apparently are no longer required to stay online after launch and authentication

so what? If for some reason you couldn't get online to play I don't see why you could get online only to start the game.

Oh, you start the game online then put the computer in sleep mode until you want to play maybe?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 2, 2010, 12:48 Rhialto

Why Supermarket Mania 2 is written in bold? I don't see this happen often here. Just curious.  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Interview
2. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Interview Nov 13, 2010, 14:16 Rhialto

Didn't know they had a facebook page now.  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Series?
7. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Series? Nov 10, 2010, 11:59 Rhialto

I would have loved a film, more chance it travels worldwide...

They show some amazing stuff in the trailer, I will try to keep a look on this project.

316 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo