Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rhialto

Real Name Rhialto   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://Rhialto.com
Signed On May 6, 2005, 19:01
Total Comments 387 (Amateur)
User ID 23064

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups
25. Re: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups Feb 5, 2016, 10:18 Rhialto

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 20:54:
Rhialto wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 20:48:
Anyone else frustrated it won't be on Steam?
Nothing new there...
First was and is still on Steam so...

If they want better sales they should, and they know this! But why they think limiting distribution to their platform is better is a mystery. Every president will tell you that where there is money you should go... or something like that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups
5. Re: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups Feb 4, 2016, 20:48 Rhialto

Anyone else frustrated it won't be on Steam?  

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin
3. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin Feb 2, 2016, 21:15 Rhialto

I liked the 1st which came with the wheel and was also wondering if I should grab it or not, the fact is I don't have Origin and don't want to install it only for a game which also require internet connection.

I think I will pass and let the wheel in the box.

News Comments > SUPERHOT This Month
4. Re: SUPERHOT This Month Feb 1, 2016, 12:48 Rhialto

Art style in SH is either you like or not I guess and I have yet to find out if it works in 3D. If you like the genre, Shadwen by Frozenbyte will also feature time moves only when you move and I know it will be gorgeous in 3D as it is usually the case with Frozenbyte.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: the car is almost sentient Dec 17, 2015, 19:12 Rhialto

He's a genius to me and I hope his skills will be used wisely.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 15, 2015, 12:53 Rhialto

Yes, very hard game trying to remember each move and the right moment to do the move. There were flashing cues but not all the time.

If you want to revisit some scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6uEx5gWovA

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 6, 2015, 15:44 Rhialto

BTW Reveal the Deep is less than 1$ so you're probably able to buy it just be selling a few cards in your inventory.

I bought it because of good critics and obviously the price. If you like the atmospheric puzzle genre then go ahead.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 4, 2015, 20:38 Rhialto

Hate Québec laws preventing me from a chance to win 1 million.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 25, 2015, 08:30 Rhialto

Julio wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 08:02:
Moving to Indigogo because it's cash up front (regardless of how much) and more scammish. Makes me glad I didn't buy into this one. Let them pay for their own movie.
I'm not on any of these crowdfunding platform but KS sure sounds better for a name. If you have read some comments, many are asking to delay after Holidays for better chance of success, let's see what will they decide but I'm not sure either gogo was the best idea, I would have rethink all the pledge and come back on KS in a few months instead. Anyway, I would really like a Dragon's Lair movie.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 23, 2015, 12:12 Rhialto

El Bandito seems a copy of famous Ready Steady Bang by Cowboy Games.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam
25. Re: MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam Nov 14, 2015, 20:33 Rhialto

RaZ0r! wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 19:11:
I hope it fails miserably on Steam. I passed on the Battletech Kickstarter due to Piranha Games involvement.

http://www.gamefront.com/mechwarrior-online-forum-ragesplosion/
That's a 2 years old article. Have you played lately? Whatever, I find that pretty low to wish nothing but bad luck so I'm not sure I want to meet you online.

24. Re: MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam Nov 14, 2015, 20:27 Rhialto

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 18:14:
Also the 500$ gold mechs was a fucking terrible idea.
Please explain why it was so f* terrible? Because it was not accessible to you? I don't have the numbers but they sold a few so money came in and that was the goal of that special offer. Even if they had sold only 20, that's $10000 no one would refuse. That's business.

I was able to afford one but like you and many in the middle class I wasn't able to justify the reason to spend that amount on a camo.

10. Re: MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam Nov 14, 2015, 16:16 Rhialto

I think I need to weight in. I enjoy MWO quite a lot. While not totally different from 2-3 years ago, I must admit a lot have improved since then and it has to be believed that it's better since IGP left the house.

I'm no expert in F2P but from what I know I can tell MWO is doing it pretty well and if you had spend some time there (notice I haven't said spend money but time) you would have found they are pretty generous. I started from scratch 2½ years ago and today I now have 37 Mechbays. When I look at my purchase history I see I bought 10 Mechbays (and always at half the price) so this mean I got like 20 participating in events.

I'm not the kind of person to spend a lot of money for games and it's not different for MWO, but they did convince me to spend some money ($60-$80 maybe) and as of today I'm happy with that. I use money to buy the Hero (when on sale) I feel are different enough from others that I want to play those. I also bought a few warhorns because I like to hear the sound of a kill.

My only complain would be that they are sometimes slow to fix what was considered important bugs to me. One example is 3D Vision, which look good in MWO but it took a full year after introdicing it to fully solve the problem about it. Exactly the same happened with warhorns, introduced a year ago. I was told the next patch will solve the annoying misfire after a kill which was too frequent. I mean I paid to get those a year ago so I was expecting those to work correctly since then.

Other than that, I think Russ does a great job and is very close the the community. Send him a tweet and chance are that you'll get a reply. Kudos for the man.

Oh and he's a fan of BlueNews

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2015, 16:23.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Nov 12, 2015, 21:49 Rhialto

I used to love that thing too and rushed to buy one when it was available but long time haven't see it here... There's also the fact that I go at McDo maybe once a year.

Not sure I'll rush out to eat one next time I see it now that I've read about it. Thanks previous poster! Or maybe I should be good for a single one, abusing is the killing factor, right?

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Bot Maker
4. Re: Blizzard Sues Bot Maker Nov 11, 2015, 21:39 Rhialto

having received hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars in profits from the sale of the Bots.
That much? Seriously? If I was a bit good at programming, I would give it a go and would be happy to stop at $30K.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Nov 4, 2015, 18:01 Rhialto

Dunno when last time you played but UI is now pretty decent.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 1, 2015, 14:32 Rhialto

hehe I posted the news to Blue, I thought he deserved it. And as a warning to botters!

Here he answers some questions if you missed the link from the video.

News Comments > Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play
18. Re: Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play Oct 28, 2015, 20:34 Rhialto

vacs wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 18:55:
Brink?
No... thanks for trying.

News Comments > Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play
15. Re: Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play Oct 28, 2015, 17:49 Rhialto

What's the name of a similar game, name is very short, like 4/5 letters IIRC. Anyone have names in mind?  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 21, 2015, 21:16 Rhialto

Looks like the DeLorean link was pulled at the end of the day, here is a screenshot.  

387 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo