Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 710 (Apprentice)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews
51. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 17:31 saluk

Loving the game. I'm having more fun in the first 4 hours than I did in SR3 or GTAIV; about on par with Sleeping Dogs so far. And the invasions are really fun, and surprisingly well integrated. I never feel like "oh crap, someone is invading me and I have to stop what I'm doing" like I did in Dark Souls. No, it's like "hooray I'm being invaded!"

There were reports of a bitcoin miner in the Skidrow release guys, so check your selves before you wreck yourselves. Would easily explain stuttering in that version, bitcoin kills your pc

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 24, 2014, 15:14 saluk

"HBO shows now available through Amazon."

Holy crap. Of course, their current bread and butter isn't in there... but I thought they were going to fight gravity for a few more years at least.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Launch Trailer
22. Re: Watch Dogs Launch Trailer May 22, 2014, 21:59 saluk

Just release the game already! I watched some of the gameplay on twitch, it looks pretty solid. Definitely more in the veign of Assassin's Creed than GTA. A lot of collectibles, crafting, unlocking viewpoints I mean ctOS centers... It wont be much more than a diversion for most people, and I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed. (Or would have been if it had released 6 months ago) But I am looking forward to it.

Ubisoft messaging has been really bad, and this launch trailer is not helping. This is a new IP and nobody knows what the fuck it is. It looks kinda like some other games, but it's not obvious to anyone from anything ubi has put out what the game really will be like, or is even trying to be like.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 for Linux/SteamOS
3. Re: The Witcher 2 for Linux/SteamOS May 22, 2014, 21:26 saluk

Hrm... DRM free + closed operating system; or DRM to heck, reliance on closed source drivers, + free operating system. World is full of too many dumb tradeoffs.

Ah well. I wonder if this will sell more than 2 or 3 copies.

News Comments > ZeniMax Sues Oculus
32. Re: ZeniMax Sues Oculus May 22, 2014, 16:31 saluk

Cutter wrote on May 22, 2014, 13:01:
commonperson wrote on May 22, 2014, 08:04:
Cutter wrote on May 22, 2014, 02:00:
Cabezone wrote on May 22, 2014, 00:47:
VR will eventually make it, whether it's occulous or someone else.

Yeah. Sure. Just like 3D. If you're envisioning Snow Crash, there's a long way to go brother.

Just like Smartphones were a fad or tablets would never catch on.

We can't easily predict what is going to click and what isn't. Given companies like Sony are jumping on board with their own product it's entirely possibly this MAY take off. It's at least a 50/50 chance at this point.

What is going to make this move beyond the VirtualBoy is how well it permeates the market. This is where Occulus was smart in forging a relationship with Facebook. Carmack wants to create Snow Crash, that's the point. If you listen to what they are saying this is the exact type of world they are trying to forge with this relationship and Facebook is one of the few companies with the capital and technology to make it potentially happen (Microsoft being one of the others). Their experience at the server level is where Occulus benefits.

Sure it may crash and burn, but I'd rather people try daring things and they not catch on than they try nothing at all. A world where people go "oh that's going to fail" and "it's a fad" is a world where we're still sitting around the radio listening to Little Orphan Annie save Daddy Warbucks for the billionth time.

Actually it easy to predict. Everyone needs a phone. People may not need music players or cameras but they like to have them. So having them all rolled into one with something that fits in your pocket is a no brainer.

A niche market toy that is basically strapping a TV to your head is nothing most people need, nor even want. People couldn't even stand wearing 3D glasses so why do you think this is any different. If you think this is going to be the next big thing I have some swampland in Florida I'd like to sell you cheap.

It's a no brainer now, but 15 years ago it wasn't. We've come through a slew of terrible phone tech, music player tech, internet tech and consolidation of those things to get to where we are now. Everyone was aiming at some kind of destination, but no one was quite sure where we would end up. VR is the same way, there are a lot of people now aiming at something in the distance - but it's unclear at this time what the eventual target will look like, if anything.

I don't see Facebook spending 2 billion on swampland in Florida. Of course they are spending a lot more on dumb little apps, so who knows.

News Comments > ZeniMax Sues Oculus
31. Re: ZeniMax Sues Oculus May 22, 2014, 16:16 saluk

Frijoles wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:48:
commonperson wrote on May 22, 2014, 08:05:
DangerDog wrote on May 22, 2014, 03:30:
Maybe but even with the advances they've made with the technology all I seem to read is how it is fatiguing to use for any length of time.

There are a ton of developer and semi-public events here in Toronto. All of the people who've used the latest iteration have said these problems have been resolved.

I've heard the same thing. And since I get sick in the DK1 within about 10 minutes, I'll be a good test case for DK2. Will find out in July, I hope.

Brendan Iribe, Oculus' ceo also suffered from motion sickness with the DK1 - but tried valve's prototype and had no problems. Then they picked up Abrash from valve.

They are either going to solve the sickness problem, release the rift, and be a success... or they wont, and they wont. I think it's just a matter of time.

Zenimax has a case - at issue is the collaboration between Luckey and Zenimax when testing his prototype, and the input from Carmack on the direction of Oculus and it's kickstarter, what Carmack's contract looked like, and how his help was really construed. I think there is enough wiggle room on both sides to make it really interesting. Oculus is going to say that they didn't actually use the input from Zenimax, the code from Doom 3 BFG, or John's suggestions in the end, but came up with their own solutions; since Palmer didn't agree to the equity deal between Oculus and Zenimax; and that Carmack's work didn't constitute a competing side project under his contract. Zenimax is going to argue that without their input or Johns help, Oculus would not exist, and they should be financially rewarded for the boost that gave the company.

But the lawyers will fight it out and whatever happens will happen. I don't think it will have much of an effect either way on the plans for the rift.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
58. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 21, 2014, 02:05 saluk

Dang. Wasn't looking forward to this but it looks like a pretty sweet 90's era fps reboot. Not sure where to slot it on my playlist...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 19, 2014, 15:17 saluk

Henry Dorsett wrote on May 19, 2014, 12:36:
Well, Google can't possibly run Twitch any worse than Twitch does currently.

I don't know, have you seen youtube lately? Can't wait for content-ID on twitch.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
9. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 17, 2014, 13:56 saluk

Hey that's cool. The announcements of more money and the next ridiculous stretch goal are really tasteless to me; but a clear, well defined set of what we should expect to see and when we should expect to see it is more appreciable. Barring any delays, looking forward to taking my ship out for some trial runs in two weeks.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 14, 2014, 19:54 saluk

wtf_man wrote on May 14, 2014, 15:21:
gsilver wrote on May 14, 2014, 11:04:
I just may jump into this one.

I played the demo last year, and it was a ton of fun, and besides, who doesn't want to be Neo? I'd really like to play a full game of it.

Uh... wasn't that what the first Max Payne was supposed to be, with bullet-time?

Yeah max payne is pretty much neo (and a great series). Superhot feels quite a bit different than that, because when you are moving time is not slowed. It's more about taking on targets in the right order and the right timing, almost like a puzzle. The demo was really fun, I still remember it quite clearly a year later. It definitely felt too short, like there was way more potential there. The graphic design seems to have improved with the ks. I am past my ks limit, but I look forward to the polished version.

As much potential as the demo implied, I too am worried at how much potential gameplay there really is. 4 hours? 6? Endless mode might extend that depending on depth.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Watch Dogs
1. Re: Gone Gold - Watch Dogs May 14, 2014, 19:44 saluk

Yay can we move on to the next overhyped excessively developed game now? Anyone have any guesses on what it will be or where it will come from?  

News Comments > Free Unreal Tournament Plans
19. Re: Free Unreal Tournament Plans May 8, 2014, 16:44 saluk

LittleMe wrote on May 8, 2014, 16:39:
Awesome news. Yeah the quality of mod content will be better and more organized. It's going to encourage and reward quality material and support from modders and the community. Reading this I'm hopeful it will turn out for the best. I'm left wondering if they are going to do some sort of open sourcing for the engine and let modders charge for their clients (ala Darkplaces or Qrack for Quake, etc).

With the code and content freely available to all UE4 developers (all the way down to the UE4 engine level), I don't see how they can PREVENT this.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure May 7, 2014, 19:38 saluk

Awesome! Reviews seem to be pretty positive too.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 7, 2014, 14:22 saluk

Pretty poor campaign for a huge Outcast fan like me only to have heard of it now.  

News Comments > Space Engineers Sells 500K
5. Re: Space Engineers Sells 500K May 6, 2014, 21:50 saluk

They burned me on miner wars, no way I'm giving them anything before it's finished. (Although to be fair, a lot of the cool stuff that was planned for miner wars seems to be finally going into this)  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 6, 2014, 18:03 saluk

Valve should make a fork of mesa and call it mesa black.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 5, 2014, 18:50 saluk

Unwieldy and imprecise for what exactly? The kinds of movements they are good for are obviously different than mice. Using a stick to aim is not the best thing in the world. But they are ideal for running around in 3d and making quick positional adjustments, not to mention that the game itself is optimized around a controller, as far as button placement and the number of buttons it expects you to be able to hold at once (not a keyboard's strong suit).  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
73. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 30, 2014, 02:54 saluk

Tumbler wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 16:59:
saluk wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 15:21:
I can't wait to try out my combat armor! Woo! And that "mystery object" sounds amazing. Whatever could it be? I hope I win the prize. Chris Roberts I adore you!

The mystery object has been revealed! And you can still earn it if you jump in before we hit 45,000,000!

Hadesian Artifact – The mystery of what happened in Hades has been one of the great archeological puzzles ever since the system was discovered in the early 26th Century. The evidence suggests that the Hadesians nearly erased their entire civilization in devastating civil war that left a planet cracked in half, but so many questions remained. Who were these Hadesians? How did the war get started? Over the centuries, even the public became enamored by the mystery of this system. This curiosity was inflamed when scientists recently discovered a lone Hadesian artifact on the black market of all places. Trinket manufacturers quickly tried to capitalize on the resurgence of interest by building exact copies of the artifact for sale to the public, even replicating the unidentified symbols along the base…

I recommend this one for people who don't want to over commit. You'll also need this to get access to the DFM and you'll need additional passes to see other modules before release. (Planetside and Social...whatever those mean) Total is about $50 currently, you could go down to $45 with the ship package and pass but I think the $5 upgrade for the LN model is a no brainer. That thing has more guns and better missiles and you'll want those if you're going to fly against people in Hornet's. (You are...and you are probably going to get your ass handed to you.)

1) Already have alpha access (original backer)
2) Wasn't serious

but
3) Thanks anyway

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
25. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 02:02 saluk

I like them bringing back more of the stealth from the first game. Doesn't look spectacular, and I'm not really into straight fps anymore.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
49. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 15:21 saluk

I can't wait to try out my combat armor! Woo! And that "mystery object" sounds amazing. Whatever could it be? I hope I win the prize. Chris Roberts I adore you!  

710 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo