Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 702 (Apprentice)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
9. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 17, 2014, 13:56 saluk

Hey that's cool. The announcements of more money and the next ridiculous stretch goal are really tasteless to me; but a clear, well defined set of what we should expect to see and when we should expect to see it is more appreciable. Barring any delays, looking forward to taking my ship out for some trial runs in two weeks.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 14, 2014, 19:54 saluk

wtf_man wrote on May 14, 2014, 15:21:
gsilver wrote on May 14, 2014, 11:04:
I just may jump into this one.

I played the demo last year, and it was a ton of fun, and besides, who doesn't want to be Neo? I'd really like to play a full game of it.

Uh... wasn't that what the first Max Payne was supposed to be, with bullet-time?

Yeah max payne is pretty much neo (and a great series). Superhot feels quite a bit different than that, because when you are moving time is not slowed. It's more about taking on targets in the right order and the right timing, almost like a puzzle. The demo was really fun, I still remember it quite clearly a year later. It definitely felt too short, like there was way more potential there. The graphic design seems to have improved with the ks. I am past my ks limit, but I look forward to the polished version.

As much potential as the demo implied, I too am worried at how much potential gameplay there really is. 4 hours? 6? Endless mode might extend that depending on depth.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Watch Dogs
1. Re: Gone Gold - Watch Dogs May 14, 2014, 19:44 saluk

Yay can we move on to the next overhyped excessively developed game now? Anyone have any guesses on what it will be or where it will come from?  

News Comments > Free Unreal Tournament Plans
19. Re: Free Unreal Tournament Plans May 8, 2014, 16:44 saluk

LittleMe wrote on May 8, 2014, 16:39:
Awesome news. Yeah the quality of mod content will be better and more organized. It's going to encourage and reward quality material and support from modders and the community. Reading this I'm hopeful it will turn out for the best. I'm left wondering if they are going to do some sort of open sourcing for the engine and let modders charge for their clients (ala Darkplaces or Qrack for Quake, etc).

With the code and content freely available to all UE4 developers (all the way down to the UE4 engine level), I don't see how they can PREVENT this.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure May 7, 2014, 19:38 saluk

Awesome! Reviews seem to be pretty positive too.  

3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 7, 2014, 14:22 saluk

Pretty poor campaign for a huge Outcast fan like me only to have heard of it now.  

News Comments > Space Engineers Sells 500K
5. Re: Space Engineers Sells 500K May 6, 2014, 21:50 saluk

They burned me on miner wars, no way I'm giving them anything before it's finished. (Although to be fair, a lot of the cool stuff that was planned for miner wars seems to be finally going into this)  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 6, 2014, 18:03 saluk

Valve should make a fork of mesa and call it mesa black.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 5, 2014, 18:50 saluk

Unwieldy and imprecise for what exactly? The kinds of movements they are good for are obviously different than mice. Using a stick to aim is not the best thing in the world. But they are ideal for running around in 3d and making quick positional adjustments, not to mention that the game itself is optimized around a controller, as far as button placement and the number of buttons it expects you to be able to hold at once (not a keyboard's strong suit).  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
73. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 30, 2014, 02:54 saluk

Tumbler wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 16:59:
saluk wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 15:21:
I can't wait to try out my combat armor! Woo! And that "mystery object" sounds amazing. Whatever could it be? I hope I win the prize. Chris Roberts I adore you!

The mystery object has been revealed! And you can still earn it if you jump in before we hit 45,000,000!

Hadesian Artifact – The mystery of what happened in Hades has been one of the great archeological puzzles ever since the system was discovered in the early 26th Century. The evidence suggests that the Hadesians nearly erased their entire civilization in devastating civil war that left a planet cracked in half, but so many questions remained. Who were these Hadesians? How did the war get started? Over the centuries, even the public became enamored by the mystery of this system. This curiosity was inflamed when scientists recently discovered a lone Hadesian artifact on the black market of all places. Trinket manufacturers quickly tried to capitalize on the resurgence of interest by building exact copies of the artifact for sale to the public, even replicating the unidentified symbols along the base…

I recommend this one for people who don't want to over commit. You'll also need this to get access to the DFM and you'll need additional passes to see other modules before release. (Planetside and Social...whatever those mean) Total is about $50 currently, you could go down to $45 with the ship package and pass but I think the $5 upgrade for the LN model is a no brainer. That thing has more guns and better missiles and you'll want those if you're going to fly against people in Hornet's. (You are...and you are probably going to get your ass handed to you.)

1) Already have alpha access (original backer)
2) Wasn't serious

but
3) Thanks anyway

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
25. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 02:02 saluk

I like them bringing back more of the stealth from the first game. Doesn't look spectacular, and I'm not really into straight fps anymore.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
49. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 15:21 saluk

I can't wait to try out my combat armor! Woo! And that "mystery object" sounds amazing. Whatever could it be? I hope I win the prize. Chris Roberts I adore you!  

News Comments > From Software Sold
21. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 15:35 saluk

Plug in a 360 controller, and they are great pc games.

And no, using a 360 controller on a pc doesn't suddenly make it NOT a pc. IMO, screw kb+m, they shouldn't have wasted time trying to appease gamepad haters. Just be upfront and stick a "gamepad required" label on it. More honest anyway.

Anyway, yeah this doesn't necessarily mean the end of the series - but From Software doesn't ever seem to stretch a series very far, so I would expect they would be moving on soon anyway. Then again, they've never had a series this popular - and I would think their new owners would have bought them because of DS doing so well and want to capitalize on that somehow.

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
50. Re: Star Citizen Apr 27, 2014, 04:57 saluk

Every SC post is practically a repost anyway. Copy/pasting old comments is the sanest response I've seen.  

21. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 18:47 saluk

[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 17:15:
I investigated the Star Citizen craze to try to find out what was going on with the millions and millions of dollars of crowd funding and here is a full report of what I found:

1. A bunch of Star Wars geeks are Star Citizen fan bois
2. Every time Roberts Space Inc tweets a shiver goes up their legs.
3. Due to the nerdgasm in the SC forums nothing can be discussed.
4. Every stretch goal makes a million dollars and they produce nothing

So Star Wars geeks have a nerdgasm and shivers shoot down their legs and apparently money shoots out their butts. That is pretty much the extent of my findings.

After that, well, apparently the developers add another stretch goal and laugh their way to the bank while smoking crack and loading hookers on their yachts.

Meanwhile, the game looks like it was made in 1999 with a second rate engine....

Haha well played sir.

20. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 18:42 saluk

Star Citizen is coming together? Great!  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Multiplayer Video
22. Re: Watch Dogs Multiplayer Video Apr 24, 2014, 18:21 saluk

The stealthy hacking pvp stuff looks like a nice diversion, and reminds me a lot of Dark Souls "you are being invaded" oh know where is this guy coming from! I like seeing those innovations bleed into other games. I am quite distressed that less than a month from release there is next to 0 info about the primary single player gameplay/story.  

5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 24, 2014, 16:33 saluk

Nice to see Exogenesis launch their KS. I've been following them off and on in the Ace Attorney fan community as they've been eliciting feedback on their project and then later the demo. Hope it turns out well.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent's Curse: Episode Two
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent's Curse: Episode Two Apr 16, 2014, 21:17 saluk

More goats!!! I remember the annoying goat in the first game hehe.  

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
61. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 18:03 saluk

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 17:30:
Beamer wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 11:03:
I always find it kind of interesting when people "play games for the story."
Outside of a small handful, almost every game story is pretty weak and poorly presented.

When I'm out just for story, I read, which I probably do as much as game these days. Books, those have stories. Video games? They have ideas that sort of form into a bit of a story.

Story here might as well mean atmosphere. I'm currently playing through Metro 2033 (God save the backlog) and while the shooting, stealth, scavenge gameplay is good, it's really the setting that makes it good. I'm enjoying wandering the mutant infested subway tunnels and sprinting across the toxic wasteland surface. I wouldn't really call that the gameplay because its the narrative adornments that make it fun, not the control implementation.

Sure most games aren't very eloquent but a lot of them do create a living breathing cohesive world that you experience through the story.

Story can also mean MY story. The story of what it's like for me to play the game. Often, the narrative is a part of this, but the interesting thing is not the narrative itself, but how that narrative integrates with the dynamic experience. While the story of The Walking Dead is pretty good, and the choices don't really matter all that much, the way that narrative feels with you directing it - I think it's that experience most people refer to when they say they play for the story.

Even a terrible or simple narrative that can resonate well through the gameplay can be a great experience. See almost every zelda game.

702 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo