Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 604 (Apprentice)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
50. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 18:01 saluk

Tom wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 23:20:
Another Star Citizen post, another raft of BN regulars pissing all over it. *yawn*

I've come to hope the game is successful JUST to prove you guys wrong.

Dude. We all hope the game is successful. There are just so many red flags on this project at this point it's highly unlikely. I would be this close to pulling my funds if there were an easy way to do so. I don't think they are intentionally putting together an unsustainable, unfinished product - but that's exactly what they've created. They just are too involved to notice, or really do anything about it even if they do notice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Two Witcher 3 Developers Depart
6. Re: Two Witcher 3 Developers Depart Feb 6, 2014, 17:30 saluk

Witcher has some great DNA - cool to see some of it getting spread around. There was that other game announced a few weeks back (can't remember what it was now, with the God mountain?) and now some more sprouting up, unless this is the same thing.

Ah found it. Deck13's Lords of the Fallen.

Interested to see what this turns into.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
101. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 5, 2014, 00:10 saluk

Couldn't even watch the whole trailer. So boring. I think this is the least offensive footage I've seen of this game so far, but it's just really bland.  

News Comments > Rain World Trailer
5. Re: Rain World Trailer Feb 4, 2014, 23:54 saluk

Such a weird looking game! But I kinda love it.  

News Comments > Steam Music Beta Nears
10. Re: Steam Music Beta Nears Feb 4, 2014, 01:44 saluk

Didn't ask for this.

But I like it

At least the idea of it. Hopefully the implementation doesn't come woefully short like everything valve has done lately.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 4, 2014, 00:45 saluk

"Rules preventing Internet service providers from blocking or discriminating against content were vacated last month because the Federal Communications Commission did not properly justify its authority to implement them." I like that summary. None of the fights in legislature have anything to do with the laws themselves. All that matters is who is in charge.  

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
8. Re: Limit Theory Video Feb 3, 2014, 14:18 saluk

It's nice to see some gameplay showing up in these vids. I've been impressed by the technical acumen on display, but until this scanner we really haven't seen anything new design-wise.

I think we'll see a lot more of that in the updates this year - the technology is really polishing up at this point.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Octodad: Dadliest Catch
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Octodad: Dadliest Catch Jan 31, 2014, 04:57 saluk

And with this, we leave January having seen 3 of the oldest kickstarter seeds produce fruit. I believe this is one of the oldest kickstarter games to finish so far; from all the way back in 2011.

It's a lot of fun. It's clear a lot of time was spent tuning the controls - they are flimsy and odd (which is part of the gameplay, trying not to cause too much ruckus) but for the most part they make sense. The scenario is just hilarious, writing is charming, graphics aren't spectacular but they sell it well enough. It's a huge improvement from the freeware version.

I've heard it's short though. Even with a level editor not sure it's worth the 20% off asking price. But of course like everything else it will be on sale at some point. Everything is priced for the eventual sale now. If you start too low you have nowhere to go :/ I'm glad I kickstarted this though, I don't have to pay for it again and I had totally forgotten about it. It's like christmas in january

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 28, 2014, 18:26 saluk

Come on Nintendo. "It's not as simple as just getting mario running on smartphones." "We have no plans to do anything with smartphones"

It's headless chicken time.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Broken Age Act I
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Broken Age Act I Jan 28, 2014, 14:32 saluk

It's a GREAT setup for act 2, but it hinges on act 2 delivering, which is worrying. The length was less of a problem for me than the brevity of each scene. It just keeps moving on to the next thing without really giving me time or reason to smell the roses. Still, pretty happy with it!

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2014, 15:19.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
18. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 23, 2014, 15:25 saluk

"What we saw in Batman: Arkham Asylum is a very cool system, and I don't want to draw any comparisons, but that's definitely part of the motivation for us."

Oh God. Witcher 2's combat is a bit rigid, but at least it's not the terrible "cutscene generator" that modern open world combat engines all copy from each other.

I hope this doesn't turn out like Gothic 3... too ambitious for it's own good.

News Comments > 50 More Steam Greenlights
3. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Jan 21, 2014, 21:56 saluk

I've been following rain world, and timerifters was a pretty cool little oculus demo from last year.

All in all... too many games. I think I'm going to quit.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 20, 2014, 19:49 saluk

My solution for Nintendo. Come out with a new console. Give it a really cool name. Do some better marketing.

And then put the wii u in the box. Everyone I know who has a wii u really likes it. But the large portion of casuals who would buy in think it's some weird wii upgrade and they already have a wii.

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
39. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 15:11 saluk

My guess? It's the shooter that they preinstall in cyber cafes.  

News Comments > Thief System Requirements
23. Re: Thief System Requirements Jan 18, 2014, 21:09 saluk

1badmf wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 20:54:
personally i don't think this game will be as bad as the lot of you are moaning about. it probably won't be the Thief game you remember, but it can still be a great stealth/actioner. i mean qtes, jumping, all that accounts for like 5% of the game. it's like complaining a car is terrible because its doorhandles are weird. we haven't seen like 90% of the game, so imo any criticism of the game as a whole is completely unwarranted.

The fact that they are there (or were there) are a bad sign. Since we can't take it for a test drive, the weird doorhandles really stand out. They aren't just weird doorhandles, they're doorhandles with... ehem... very suggestive shapes.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jan 17, 2014, 14:59 saluk

I thought sony was crazy for trying to enter the ring when sega and nintendo were the big dogs. I thought microsoft were crazy for entering the ring when sega was a pile of rubble and sony was the big dog with nintendo a distant second.

I thought valve was crazy when they introduced steam.

I think they are crazy for introducing steamos. You have to start somewhere, and usually that somewhere is crazy. I'm not betting for them or against them at this point.

News Comments > Call of Cthulhu - The Video Game Revealed
6. Re: Call of Cthulhu - The Video Game Revealed Jan 17, 2014, 14:53 saluk

Dark Corners was an amazing game. At least until the part after the ship where a bug prevented me from continuing *grumble grumble*.  

News Comments > Stronghold Crusader 2 a Steam Exclusive
5. Re: Stronghold Crusader 2 a Steam Exclusive Jan 17, 2014, 03:43 saluk

So disable achievements in the drm free version then...

Sim City requires online because of all the online features in the game, right

News Comments > Octodad This Month
4. Re: Octodad This Month Jan 16, 2014, 15:07 saluk

Finally! The second game I backed on kickstarter, a year before Broken Age, when I didn't even really know what KS was. The first game was a really fun little bit of silliness. The second looks like a much more complete experience! So weird to not hear about something for so long and then have it just *poof* be ready to go.  

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Ending
20. Re: Steam Greenlight Ending Jan 15, 2014, 21:55 saluk

ViRGE wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 17:48:
Creston wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 16:18:
Panickd wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 16:14:
His theory is that any developer will eventually be able to put their games on Steam.

And won't that make Steam so wonderful to attempt to buy things from...

It'll basically turn it into any app store. Where there's a few good things buried amidst millions of pieces of crap.
It's not as if Steam doesn't already sell crap games. That titles like A:CM and Ride to Hell are sold on the service means that it's clearly not functioning as a quality filter in the first place.

A:CM and even Ride to Hell are leagues ahead of what kind of stuff is going to wind up in the store if it becomes a free for all.

604 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo