Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 699 (Apprentice)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
63. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 02:19 saluk

Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 17:51:
The campaign in Divinity's early access is about 20% of the game (at least it was a couple months ago, the game might be even bigger by now), and I shit you not you can spend a game's-worth of hours just playing around with characters till you find a combo you like the most.

The campaign can be played however you like, and it's heavily story based. Initially I paid attention to all the conversations (heck you can even disagree and argue with your own party memebers, who then get different character bonus's based on how *you* think they would respond).

After a few play-throughs I just tried to be as creative as possible with the engine, training the city with orcs, surrounding npc's with flammables, reloading loots, poisoning the locals, burning down locked doors, all kinds of stuff you can do. I cannot WAIT for the mod editor - that will just put the game into epic status.

Hell, me and Horrorscope were talking the other night, I recognized his name and we're all in global chat - how's that for cool... You'll love it man I'm tellin ya.

Sounds really good. Glad Larian is finally meeting the potential they showed back with Divinity 1 (which was a great game in its own right). Still, I think I'll wait for this to come out with all the bells and whistles and maybe go on sale again - just because of backlog issues.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Game Theory of Life
3. Re: The Game Theory of Life Jun 19, 2014, 23:59 saluk

Erm, while interesting this has nothing to do with games. I would have put it under etc  

News Comments > PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up
11. Re: PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up Jun 19, 2014, 23:58 saluk

Jerykk wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 23:10:
So what they're basically saying is that the game is poorly optimized and they can't guarantee a stable framerate beyond 30 FPS.

Eh, sounds more like just covering their ass just in case.

As far as a port, xbox one is pretty much a mid/low end pc, and it makes a lot of sense to keep performance pretty similar to what it already was. The game was originally optimized for 30fps, changing the optimization strategy for 60fps for wide audience machines (many of which have WORSE specs than the xbone) would be quite difficult.

I'm glad they are at least letting higher end users try to push it a little more. Would be gladder if they actually took the effort to support the uncapped mode. Devs lately (capcom more than most) seem to go out of their way to appear lazy. "Uh, guys? We put the exes on a pc and ran it a couple times, and it seems to run. We didn't bother with testing it or anything, it ran OK I guess. Give us money? We did add resolution options!"

News Comments > All Backers Get Wasteland 2 Beta Access
3. Re: All Backers Get Wasteland 2 Beta Access Jun 19, 2014, 23:41 saluk

I want to try it out... but I don't have my key yet. I wonder what "soon" means.  

News Comments > Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter
9. Re: Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter Jun 18, 2014, 20:30 saluk

I love Phil Fish.

He is so fun to hate.

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?
18. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 16:29 saluk

Oh man this brings back so many memories of Deus Ex deathmatch. The powers were a lot of fun, hacking turrets and shooting rockets across the map to find the cloaking people... Blowing off someones legs and watching them hobble around crouched lol. One of the best online games ever in my opinion, though few played it.

Whatever this is I'm sure it's not that haha. A coop mode a la system shock would really rock. As long as they don't take away from the main sp experience, I'm all for it. If it's DX the mmo.... no one wants that.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2014, 06:53 saluk

I have mixed thoughts on this EA stuff.

Most of the games that do really well in EA wouldn't happen otherwise. They are too indie to have finances sunk in by a big company, and too huge to be undertaken without capital. It's definitely ripe for both abuse or bad management - but that happens everywhere so I don't see it as a unique flaw to the model.

All the crap is a bit unsightly right now, but that's true of the steam store in general, even if you ignore EA. There are just too many people making games, and it's getting hard to tell what is worth the time any more. I love my indie games, and there are a lot of excellent titles, but I do worry that we are headed to a major crash, and the EA stuff isn't doing anything to help that.

News Comments > THQ TM to Return
12. Re: THQ TM to Return Jun 13, 2014, 17:34 saluk

It does make a certain kind of sense to publish former THQ IP under the same name.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals
25. Re: Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals Jun 13, 2014, 03:37 saluk

Deciding to end stretch goals - smart. Putting that decision up to a vote - signifies everything wrong with how this project is being run.

No one is steering the ship.

News Comments > VR Game The Assembly Announced
15. Re: VR Game The Assembly Announced Jun 13, 2014, 03:28 saluk

Same. Horror = ugh. Not quite horror, but I recently played this time travel demo where one of the scenarios puts you in a flat in 1941 right before the planes fly over london. Really basic graphics and sounds, but it was enough to cause a real reaction in me enough that I had to take off the headset.

With great power comes great responsibility devs.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details
27. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details Jun 12, 2014, 15:22 saluk

harlock wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 11:02:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 10:41:
This game is going to run very poorly on PC, just like GTA IV did when it came out. I still remember tweaking GTA IV for days on end and I had a pretty beastly machine at the time. It took a few more generations of hardware to max it out at relatively high and consistent FPS. It will look amazing, but I bet it will be at very low FPS. It runs pretty good on an old xbox 360, but that's with most of the graphics options toned down. Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing for such an old console. In a few years, we'll be able to run it on max settings but I doubt that many people will be able to at launch.

for some reason i get the feeling rockstar wont be repeating that mistake

it could just be wishful thinking, but i dont know.. gotta keep in mind this gen consoles are almost exactly the same as gaming pc architecture, unlike last gen

it would be nice to see some footage of it running on pc tho

Yeah I really doubt it will be as bad as IV. Modern PCs run IV just fine, and I don't see V as pushing the tech that much more that it would be a problem. It's also a different era of console-pc ports, most companies have gotten a lot better at it since then.

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
53. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 18:13 saluk

"We have decided not to implement a female assassin in our game out of historical relevance and to fit the story we are telling."

Fine by me.

"We have decided that recreating revolutionary paris with a 1:1 scale of notre dame is definitely feasable for our next title. We thought about adding female assassin's, but... it sounds hard to do."

WHAT. THE. FLYING. I'm not a person who swears. BUT FUCK.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Co-op Support
16. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 11, 2014, 07:08 saluk

OpticNerve wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 04:23:
I hope FC4's co-op isn't like Assassin's Creed 5's bullshit co-op missions crap. It's really grating how they'll now use "co-op" as a feature bulletpoint when it's essentially tacked on separate co-op missions.

Makes sense for AC. Missions should be designed with co-op in mind, and it's unreasonable to expect a full campaign that works equally well with sp and co-op in a game of that nature. Especially with the hack designers behind it

Here... I think they could have done better, but I'll take it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 11, 2014, 07:00 saluk

They have plenty of programmers already. Between Carmack and Abrash they have the top names in VR. As long as they don't just hire names without a plan for growth, people like Rubin are who they need to spin up some 1st party development teams; which by all indications is the direction they are going.

Oculus consumer is going to launch with in-house software available.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 and New BioWare IP Teased
6. Re: Mass Effect 4 and New BioWare IP Teased Jun 10, 2014, 00:00 saluk

descender wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 23:11:
Maybe they can DLC in some gameplay this time?

ME2/3 combat was snooooze-worthy to say the least.

Bingo. And 3 didn't even have a good enough story to make up for it. ME1 was almost great, and I so hoped it would be a springboard to a great series. Bleh.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity in October; New Trailers
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity in October; New Trailers Jun 9, 2014, 23:57 saluk

I'm close to burnout, still haven't finished black flag. The graphics and setting I really can get behind, what I really want to see though is more innovation in the core gameplay. Some of this looks pretty similar, although there are some hints at improvements. Multiple factions, more variations on how to accomplish missions, more interiors... My biggest issue with the AC games are the mission design. It's always so restrictive and linear, they are at odds with the rest of the game. If they can relax this somewhat, I'll buy one more AC game. I love the setting and the story. If it's the same boxed in design I'm not so sure.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Trailers
3. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Trailers Jun 9, 2014, 23:46 saluk

One of the best trailers. I agree Cutter, why is the second group the people we are supposed to root for? Isn't everyone just trying to survive? I hope they play with that more in the real thing.

Also agree on more gameplay footage. Trailers are cool, but they don't tell you anything.

News Comments > Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs
14. Re: Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs Jun 8, 2014, 22:28 saluk

Making money off of someone elses IP is always a grey area. The way I see it, it's kind of been soft frowned upon but not enforced until now - and the reason it needs to be enforced now is because of the servers that have taken the exploits to insane levels. Just another case of bad actors ruining it for everyone.

BTW there are many rights and extra multiplayer features that can be sold in a game like this. Build rights, communication rights, zoning rights. You can restrict the world and charge to unlock those restrictions at least as much as the real world has been.

News Comments > PC FIFA 15 Using Next-Gen Engine
10. Re: PC FIFA 15 Using Next-Gen Engine Jun 6, 2014, 19:07 saluk

Various games have been called football throughout the centuries - and few of them are exactly either what is known as soccer in the US and Canada, or what is known as football in the US. There isn't a clear winner for me. Soccer is a weird name, but though it can make some people mad/annoyed it's a lot less confusing.  

News Comments > PC FIFA 15 Using Next-Gen Engine
6. Re: PC FIFA 15 Using Next-Gen Engine Jun 6, 2014, 17:04 saluk

Next-gen already? So we are going to be hearing about ps5 and xbox, um, two; at e3 this year? Awesome.  

699 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo