Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 969 (Graduate)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
2. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 19:01 saluk

Nail in the coffin. You guys will be lucky to get any money from pc gamers again.

Maybe that was the idea. Do so bad on the port that they can justify not bothering with ports anymore.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released
21. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released Nov 19, 2015, 17:04 saluk

Kxmode wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 13:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 11:07:
Kxmode, a big factor for me getting a game has to do with the Steam score, but as you allude to first day negs can weigh a game down forever. What we need for steam is a way per game to put in a date range and give us the score from that. This way I can cut out some initial release dates/reviews after a patch addresses those main concerns, then get a solid score.

I believe what you're advocating is what WB did when they re-released Arkham Knight. They changed the release date and then flagged all reviews prior to the new date as "Early Access Game". It was seen by most as complete bullshit. Even the gaming media thought it was uncool.

I understand your point but this could lead to "whitewashing" abuse by publishers. People have the right to know that a game has been "refurbished". The publisher can make it absolutely clear that the updated game is much better but not by changing the date and tagging early reviews as EAG.

My apologies if I'm wrong in your assessment.

Nah. The company essentially hiding old reviews is very bad. A slider to allow the USER to choose what reviews they care about would be really useful. Especially for games that get significant patches or dlc a year or two later.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 19, 2015, 16:58 saluk

That could be a great film!  

News Comments > Disgaea on Steam "Soon"
13. Re: Disgaea on Steam Nov 17, 2015, 18:51 saluk

Love the bit of older jrpg resurgence. I wish there were more good modern ones being made. The rpgmaker army is nice to have but not ideal.  

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources
29. Re: Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources Nov 17, 2015, 16:25 saluk

I had a key go bad and they credited my account and sent a new one. More often they've let me buy the game even though they had run out of keys, meaning I had to wait for them to get more stock, which was pretty annoying. For the price, and knowing that they will always work through the problems that are unavoidable with a third party key store, it's not a huge issue. If you can get good savings, great.

Save money, keep some money away from valve, and give them at least a little bit of competition, while STILL having the game on my steam account? A few bad keys that are resolved every once in a while is worth it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 16:01 saluk

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 13:45:
SlimRam wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 13:04:
Charlie Sheen says he has HIV virus, has paid millions to keep it secret.

I think I would have been more surprised to hear that he DIDN'T have HIV?

WINNING!

Turns out that wasn't tiger blood in him after all.

The timing lines up. I think he had these antics right after finding out.

The millions he spent covering it up is concerning, but might lend credence to the idea that he has told his partners.

Still, quite concerning. I wonder who was about to go public anyway that he is getting out in front of.

News Comments > Ancient Domains Of Mystery on Steam
1. Re: Ancient Domains Of Mystery on Steam Nov 17, 2015, 15:48 saluk

One of the best.  

News Comments > EA's "Gigantic Action" Game Plans
11. Re: EA's Nov 17, 2015, 15:47 saluk

Haha I love how the AC series is just boiled down to "action genre". Are none of the other EA title in the "action genre"?  

News Comments > Obsidian Game Announcement Coming
14. Re: Obsidian Game Announcement Coming Nov 16, 2015, 04:11 saluk

Squirmer wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:01:
I don't know if Obsidian has some bad management or they've just been really unlucky in getting fucked over by publishers again and again.

I don't know why you presented this as an either/or. They go hand in hand. Management takes on projects that couldn't possibly be completed by their team on time and within budget; makes promises to publishers that can't be kept; and doesn't have the negotiation to push for those delays that all of their games desperately need.

I feel for them because clearly they have the passion, and technically they are able to finish good games. It's just that whole budgeting side (money + time) that seems to elude them.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 14, 2015, 13:24 saluk

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 12:28:
They can shove their clouds up their dumb asses. I will never put any of my personal data on a server that I can not control at all times. It's bad enough to have local data on a PC that is connected to the Internet 24/7 and not knowing which services are collecting data and spying on me in the background but outright putting data on a foreign remote machine? F.u.c.k o.f.f.

Err, so don't then. No one is forcing you. Though I bet you are lying.

Do you run your own email server? Those things are a pain to maintain. I'm guessing you go "to the cloud" for that. Or maybe you don't have email?

Moreover the article is more about how cloud computing has become a part of businesses, with many of the things that would have been in-house applications (like a customer database) have become tools that they use on the web (like salesforce). Though I'm guessing you just saw the word "cloud" and didn't even read it. It's a dumb buzzword, I'll admit.

News Comments > Steam Survey Shows Win10 Advances
2. Re: Steam Survey Shows Win10 Advances Nov 5, 2015, 13:04 saluk

WTF why is the 32-bit version having any kind of increase, and on steam no less. It shouldn't even exist.

28% penetration into the gaming community in 4 months is quite good. Microsoft has been very aggressive with upgrades, and it's paying off for them. Sucks if you are one of the many who want to - and should be able to - keep control of your system.

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
28. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 13:31 saluk

Why the decline? Is it the game itself? Did enough other mmos finally gain traction to drag the userbase away? I haven't tried a new mmo in a while - does everyone in chat still go in and complain about how much worse than WoW it is? Is it cell phones?

Probably cell phones. Stupid cell phones ruining everything.

Wait. I don't care about WoW. Fine cell phones, you can have this one. But I'm watching you.

News Comments > Sonic Lost World for PC Released
2. Re: Sonic Lost World for PC Released Nov 3, 2015, 14:29 saluk

Play Freedom Planet instead. Best sonic game since the genesis days.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 27, 2015, 14:17 saluk

Thanks for keeping us safe Microsoft.  

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 2 Released
6. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 2 Released Oct 27, 2015, 14:06 saluk

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 12:40:
How does Telltale expect to keep making stupid episodic games like this? They feel like empty, uninspired cash grabs.

Erm. Nice logic there. Cash grab -> cash -> can make more gaem

News Comments > The Park Released
10. Re: The Park Released Oct 27, 2015, 14:05 saluk

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 13:45:
I can't stand horror games where your only option is run and hide. Which really amounts to learn the monster's patterns and respond to them. Games like SOMA and Alien would be way better if you could interact with the environment and craft items to fight back with. Trying to avoid the monsters is intense enough but just being a victim the entire time is frustrating and monotonous. It's a shame because the environments in those games are otherwise fantastic.

Of course, this style of horror coming into popularity was a response against the fact that many horror series had become increasingly action focused barely distinguishable from a typical shooter. I agree the pendulum has swung too far.

This looks pretty fun, but I'll wait for the 5$.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 27, 2015, 14:01 saluk

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 13:49:
Hyatus wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 11:59:
Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 11:43:
Sounds more like an inside job from one of the SJWs.

I'm with you on questioning the credibility of the threats, but there is nothing here that supports any notion that it was an 'inside job.' The FBI isn't going to spend time tracking down anonymous internet threats to a gaming convention panel, and it's far easier and cheaper for SXSW to just cancel the panel than have to deal with this.

Oh sure they will, and do. It's part of their mandate - and anything that nets them terrorist related headlines only nets them more power and money. Hell, there was a bomb threat at one of the university's here last week and they shut the school down. Turns out it was a 16 year old punk - and he was found by the FBI helping the local fuzz. I'm pretty sure that all such threats, in fact, have to be investigated now.

School VS conference; single credible threat VS a plethora of loose threats.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Gangs Trailer
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Gangs Trailer Oct 22, 2015, 17:54 saluk

If I finish Rogue before November, the delay may actually mean I can finish my november novel without any distractions for a change.  

News Comments > etc.
30. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 17:39 saluk

Spielberg, Lucas - not wrong, just narrow. "Video Games" encompasses such a wide range of experience as to be almost useless to make a general statement about them. Lucas probably has not played a Telltale for example, and if he had he might not put it in the same category of "games" that he is talking about. Spielberg's baby example I assume was in a scenario where the player could keep trying again to catch the baby, but what about if that scenario was halfway through the game and if you don't catch the baby you have to live with the repercussions? I know that I felt really bad when I accidentally killed the NPC at firelink shrine in Dark Souls about 20 hours in, even though I probably didn't need him for anything, because the game saved that he was gone, and I didn't have him greeting me when I entered anymore.

Non-game guys shouldn't speak on the difference between movies and games without doing their research as they don't know what is out there. Just as I would be a poor one to discuss the merits of, say, Flash Fiction, being that I mostly read novels. At the same time, there ARE certainly differences between movies and games, and there have been a lot of missteps along the way where games have learned the wrong lessons from cinema.

Still, why are we talking about a 2-year old talk

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2015, 14:41 saluk

The issue here was not the quality of Community (which I think most would agree has generally degraded each season), but with Yahoo's lameo attempt to compete with Netflix or Amazon. ONE well known property (and one that a lot of people hate) against those juggernauts? I'm a pretty big fan of community... but I have other stuff I watch too. And I didn't miss it enough to give yahoo a try.  

969 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo