Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 726 (Apprentice)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland Re-release Plans
8. Re: Wasteland Re-release Plans Aug 10, 2013, 14:15 saluk

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 13:49:
But I guess it's their idea of good PR. Even watching gameplay of Wasteland 1 is painful nowadays. (Probably even more than playing, because a let's play watcher doesn't have a manual either)

But a good let's play can take care of that for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvYcu5qaO-s

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arma 3 Next Month
25. Re: Arma 3 Next Month Aug 8, 2013, 14:24 saluk

System requirements are pretty intense. It can scale back alright, but of all the games I had at the time on my old laptop it was one of the most difficult to run requiring a lot of tweaking. It runs great on my new computer with a gtx 660.

I'm a little annoyed the sp campaign wont be finished for launch

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2013, 13:35 saluk

Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 12:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 09:11:
And in about 10 to 15 years Amazon or someone locally will have the "food stuff" also figured out with drone based delivery etc. Can't wait ;P

It won't take anywhere near that long. Amazon is already running trials in multiple cities.

Yeah it's a great service too. At my company we just get our soda and snacks in every week from Amazon Fresh.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Support Plans
9. Re: Shadowrun Returns Support Plans Aug 4, 2013, 22:40 saluk

The save system still kind of sucks... But in the snes remake mod you basically get a free autosave on every map transition, so the lack of a proper save can be easily worked around. Almost every limitation in the engine looks like it can be worked around in mods, which is a great sign.  

News Comments > id: RAGE "Not Dead"
40. Re: id: RAGE Aug 4, 2013, 22:37 saluk

RAGE was I'm sorry to say just a little too short in nearly every respect. Thus it didn't garner any respect

Why the heck would they make a sequel to something so mediocre? Just do something else. Try again. Set realistic expectations and meet them.

And I say this as someone who had fun with the game and appreciated what they tried with the tech.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Trailer (Catch Up)
11. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Trailer (Catch Up) Aug 2, 2013, 02:04 saluk

This looks a bit more promising than I expected. I agree the mp doesn't intrigue me much.

And as for U9, it had MAJOR problems, but being 3d wasn't really the main issue. It's a lot easier to develop a 3d game these days than it was then.

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2013, 01:27 saluk

fujiJuice wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 00:36:
I take issue with that PA article somehow thinking that game developers are in a unique position, the only people to ever receive insults or threats over the internet. Sure it goes on to mention other public figures but its central focus is game developers. The overall tone of the article suggests Fish took the moral high ground in this situation, and I feel that is certainly not the case.

"It's not about forgetting or forgiving bad behavior, or saying it's okay to lash out at writers or fans"

I think the PA article, while prompted by Phil Fish, is taking a step back from this specific situation. Their point is neither side comes away clean. When you play the game, you are going to get messy. And there's something unsettling about that. Abuse is just a part of the job? Really?

Also, I don't think the article claims that game devs are unique in this kind of abuse. It's a gaming site so obviously that's the focus.

But I think they ARE somewhat unique. The audience for games today is a bit wider in age range than other forms, and people's interaction with the medium make it a little more personal in a way. When the Call of Duty guns were nerfed, the players whose playstyles were affected felt personally singled out. When I'm really playing a game, more than other media, I think of it as "my game", not just a book I'm reading or a show I like.

Also, the touch of the creator is very light. With other pop culture, music, acting, etc, there is a face to go with the content. You can't watch a Bruce Willis movie and forget that it is Bruce Willis in the role. It's very hard to remember who is involved behind the scenes on games, and most of the time you don't even have a face to go with the name if you have it.

Indie game the movie put faces and story on those names; but the culture still creates this weird celebrity of anonymous people. With actors, you get to know at least a fake version of who that person is. With games, you usually don't get to know much, besides what titles they may have been a part of.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 29, 2013, 02:56 saluk

Someone needs to do a new stronghold like game, right.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 26, 2013, 13:41 saluk

27% is pretty high actually. Higher than I would have expected. Almost 1/3 of Ooya buyers are doing more with it than loading up their existing apps or just emulating crap.

It's waaaay too early to call it a success or failure, but I don't get why you guys are laughing at the number like it's really bad. It's different than say when someone buys a mainstream console, and the first thing they do is buy a game - because that's the only way to get content on it.

I have had android phones for years and have yet to purchase more than a few apps. The games on Ooya that are worth money are making money - maybe less than they should, which could be considered a failure.

But anyway. Ooya, pretty much working as intended/expected.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns
30. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 25, 2013, 23:37 saluk

D4rkKnight wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 21:06:
This game has no inventory? How does acquiring weapons work? No inventory sounds pretty boring.

There is inventory, as far as I can tell. I'm not far but I keep picking up medkits, and just got handed a pistol.

The game was rushed to meet the deadline and it shows. We complain when the devs ask for more money and delay to make the game that they really want to (broken age) and then we also complain when the devs hit the target and the game isn't quite as good as we'd like.

Sigh.

I'm enjoying it, but so far I really was expecting a much more alive feeling world. The snes game is much better in this regard, with numerous areas you travel around in a non-linear fashion. Here, again I'm not far, but it seems like each section is very heavily scripted out, you go through it, and then you move on to the next.

Minor gripes overall. Shadowrun is back chummers!

News Comments > Torchlight II Sells 2 Million
16. Re: Torchlight II Sells 2 Million Jul 25, 2013, 12:55 saluk

Judging by this thread, people's arpg preferences are really weird and personal. Torchlight 2 is probably my favorite of them, I found it an improvement of the first in almost every way.  

News Comments > Redshirt Video
5. Re: Redshirt Video Jul 20, 2013, 17:09 saluk

Buh? Pretty much all of the females I can think of in my life who play games would be all over this. Kind of a princess maker for trekkies.

Incidentally, I think it looks pretty fun as well. The away missions with people getting killed off definitely piques my interest

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer
9. Re: Shadowrun Returns Launch Trailer Jul 19, 2013, 01:02 saluk

Hawt. I still kind of have a bad feeling its going to be terrible, but it's my favorite universe so I almost don't care.  

News Comments > The Lego Movie Videogame Announced
3. Re: The Lego Movie Videogame Announced Jul 17, 2013, 17:26 saluk

Wtf.

*Legos
*Legos + Movies
*Legos + Movies->Game
*(Legos + (Legos + Movies->Games))->Movie
*((Legos + (Legos + Movies->Games))->Movie)+Game?

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound
28. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 17:41 saluk

Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 16:20:
I get a bad Neverwinter Nights vibe from this game. The base campaign will probably be dogshit with too much reliance on fan-made mods to keep it going. And 99% of the mods will be fucking terrible. There's a good gameplay system in place and I love the art. Also the editors seem very user friendly. It'll likely be another year or two for the real meat to come out people can sink their teeth into and enjoy.

Getting that a bit too, but the 1% of amazing content still leaves NWN with some of my favorite gaming memories.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 13, 2013, 13:16 saluk

I love that we have chatbots good enough that they think they can use them for this. Actually doing it? Soooo many issues with it. It uses bad spelling = probably a kid? People in chatrooms aren't known for their fine english skills. Even worse:

"For example, if the suspect does not appear to be enticed into having a conversation, the software can appear offended or get more insistent.

And it will respond to more aggressive advances - like requests for personal information - by trying to find out more about the suspect. This can include details such as their social network profile and mobile number, information which can then be used by police to start an investigation."

Hold the phone! Who is soliciting who here? The guy tried to leave the chat but you insisted he stay? Your asking him for HIS personal info? Whoever this guy is, nothing he is doing with this chatbot is illegal.

I want them to catch the creeps, but this ain't it.

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter Resuming This Month
11. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter Resuming This Month Jul 13, 2013, 13:10 saluk

lolz  

News Comments > LoL Players Athletes
8. Re: LoL Players Athletes Jul 13, 2013, 04:03 saluk

Creston wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 01:50:
Esoteric wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 00:27:
Even if you don't like LoL or e-sports, how would it negatively affect you in any manner whatsoever?

Where do I say it negatively affects me in any manner? I just say that it's retarded that people who sit on their asses and play videogames are considered to be 'athletes.'

And to focus on the word "athlete" is a bit silly, as chess is considered a sport, and the players are "athletes" as well. Same goes for billiards and several other activities I'm sure people would find questionable.

Chess is considered a GAME, not a sport, and its players are most assuredly not considered athletes. Neither are billiards players. Neither, for that matter, are golfers.

Creston

Agree! Pro-gaming is legitimate, but it's not the same category as sport. That's just silly.

This visa thing is cool though, in lieu of an actual professional gaming visa. That would be much more legitimate than just shoving them in with athletes though.

News Comments > Star Citizen Economy Trailer
7. Re: Star Citizen Economy Trailer Jul 7, 2013, 13:23 saluk

Rad! Taking many ideas straight from my head.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2013, 13:04 saluk

Eh, didn't find the article quite as inflammatory as the headline. I am sad the game couldn't have been completed on time and with the raised funds. But would I honestly want them to do anything different knowing what we know now?

Not really.

726 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo