Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 728 (Apprentice)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
77. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 17:32 saluk

DanteUK wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 17:00:
Irony: techies hate Windows 8 because it's dumbed down and designed for a touch screen that the vast majority don't have - but instead they like the idea of an OS dumbed down to basically only browse and play games on a TV with a controller!

Thanks, but I prefer my Linux with a proper desktop and open for every use I can think of.

PS: those complaining they don't want their gaming rig in the family room on the main TV all fall into two categories, Kids living at home and Married guys with a wife that actually wants to watch TV, not watch her husband play some stupid game. ( I fall into the later category )

I would imagine most of the improvements steamos can bring to the linux world will be applicable to whatever desktop linux you are using. This didn't happen with android (what linux benefits did that bring again?) but from what I gather, steamos is more linux than android is.

But we will have to see how open it truly is.

Consider me cautiously optimistic at this point - not for steamos itself but for what developments it may lead to.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
38. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 19:50 saluk

If you are a bad little boy or girl, santa wont bring you nice presents this year...  

News Comments > 25 More Steam Greenlights
10. Re: 25 More Steam Greenlights Sep 19, 2013, 15:13 saluk

SUPERHOT. SUPERHOT. SUPERHOT.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles
32. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 15:09 saluk

PC gamers complain when companies don't port. PC gamers complain when companies do port (even if lacking the resources to do an excellent job). What're you gonna do.

I've been playing DS1 after hearing a lot of good things about it. Amazing game. Worth the little bit of extra effort. Far from unplayable - the gameplay itself is what's unplayable, because it's so dang hard and unforgiving! But that's what's fun about it.

In this day and age when so many games like to hold your hand, it's refreshing to have a game push back and ask a bit more of you without feeling unfair.

News Comments > The Inner World Trailer
2. Re: The Inner World Trailer Sep 19, 2013, 14:56 saluk

I would argue that the reason to play a P+C are the puzzles/story. The art looks really interesting and bizarre, though I agree not great. But even I wouldn't buy this at 31$. MASSIVELY overpriced.  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
59. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 00:57 saluk

yonder wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 00:35:
Kosumo wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 18:00:
Having not played RDR since I don't own console or TV, was it not designed more with the controller in mind be that it had the 'dead eye' system which would be silly on a PC for starters? As I said, never played it , only watch some youtube videos of it.

Dead Eye was just glorified bullet time, and we all know what platform Max Payne is best on (or, at the very least, started out best on).

RDR != GTA. I'm sure rockstar knows how well their gta games have fared on the pc. They also know how well their non-gta titles have fared. It's unclear that RDR would be a success, and it's also been a while since that game came out. Maybe if there had been a nice window in there where they weren't really working on anything and they wanted to make some extra cash... But yeah I think we missed the boat. But I don't begrudge them any for that miss. Fair enough.

OTOH, the console exclusive stuff is pretty shitty. It also makes perfect economic sense - multiplatform owners will be inclined to get a console version making microsoft and sony happy, rockstar gets to pocket the incentive cash, and the pc only player wont NOT buy it just because it's a few months later - but I begrudge it. I really really begrudge it.

News Comments > Space Engineers Announced
13. Re: Space Engineers Announced Sep 10, 2013, 01:25 saluk

I'm fine with it as long as they don't do any crowdfunding this time... It looks closer to what I was expecting from Miner Wars, so maybe on the right path.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer
6. Re: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer Sep 6, 2013, 02:14 saluk

They ripped off the whole viewpoint idea from Far Cry 3. And the punching sharks in the nose for upgrades. Come on guys  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Aug 29, 2013, 13:37 saluk

Nice. Is it time for me to go actually finish GTA3, GTA3:SA, GTA4, GTA4:BoGT so I can be ready to play GTA5 in like 2016?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 12:12 saluk

nin wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 09:56:
wtf_man wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 09:49:
Well.. I'm getting Watch Dogs for both. AC4, I'm not sure about, yet.

I'm leaning towards the PS4 for both, just for comfort and the bigger screen...

This is the first AC I'll be buying at launch, as they're finally making one that really interests me.

What, you don't have a controller hooked into your pc hooked up to your tv in front of the couch?

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 100 Titles
13. Re: Steam Greenlights 100 Titles Aug 29, 2013, 03:56 saluk

Yeah I don't get what took them this long. And why 100. If you are going to do curation, do curation. If you aren't, just put a threshold on the damn thing and call it done.

Greenlight is so fricking weird.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Aug 29, 2013, 03:54 saluk

I was a tmnt fan back in the day, but the ip has aged horribly. Might as well try and revive the power rangers ip.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Video
7. Re: Wasteland 2 Video Aug 29, 2013, 03:52 saluk

Yeah blue, the dev diaries are not marketing materials. They were incentives for people to buy in at 30$.

I always like watching behind the scenes stuff. This one wasn't terribly interesting, but after watching a wonderful "lets play" of wasteland 1 (not sure I could bring myself to slog through it myself) it was cool to hear them talk about the stuff that will carry over in the sequel.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Trailer
3. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Trailer Aug 28, 2013, 02:53 saluk

Loved it up until the point where it became assassin's creed and I remembered what I was watching. Can we get a sid meiers pirates 2013 or something instead of this tired franchise?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Lost Planet 3
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Lost Planet 3 Aug 28, 2013, 02:47 saluk

I haven't played 1 or 2, but this... looks pretty epic actually.  

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Aug 26, 2013, 16:18 saluk

Wow. Indie devs + kickstarter = serious entitlement issues.

Some steps for a better go next time around:

1) Polish and scope the product. Be original somehow, and sell that originality in your product itself. As someone who really enjoys the genre their game was in, the video was boring and didn't make me care enough to even download the demo.

2) Speaking of the video, wtf was that? Who the heck are you guys and why should I give you money? Floating text on top of the current demo's very incomplete implementation is just not exciting. Some of the text didn't even really make sense. You need to get in front of the camera and sell me on your concept, what is the game going to be like AFTER the 5k you raise. If the demo is good enough to sell itself, you don't need a kickstarter. And if it's not good enough to sell itself, you have to actually do some WORK to sell it.

3) Targeting. You guys posted to 68 forums and sent messages to a bunch of unknown youtubers? You have to be strategic about it. Who is likely to give you the coverage you need. Otherwise you just sound annoying.

Of course all of this is basically moot if you don't have a strong concept to begin with.

News Comments > Memoria This Week; New Trailer
2. Re: Memoria This Week; New Trailer Aug 26, 2013, 16:01 saluk

Thanks Daedelic for continuing to pump these out!  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 23, 2013, 02:41 saluk

Nixon was a much easier scapegoat, there was actual evidence implicating him specifically, and we actually protected rather than vilified whistleblowers.  

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
61. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 21, 2013, 03:24 saluk

pretty cool. Too bad steam is a total monopoly and this wont really help the struggling origin out at all. But whether it's evil corporation ea or evil corporation valve, I like it when an evil corporation at least pretends to put consumers rights over profit.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 21, 2013, 02:55 saluk

I think it's smart. The hardware might not be ready now, but in a couple years? And with further vr experimintation, being mobile and not having to be tethered to a big clunky desktop just makes sense.

At the same time, the OR isn't even out yet. Aren't there more pressing things to be done in other areas?

Finally got mine. Loving it. Still a bit curious of where it's actually going to go, or if its really going to take off.

728 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo