Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 770 (Graduate)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
23. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2014, 15:19 saluk

I support an artist not being happy with a business arrangement, but Swift's diatribe really rubs me the wrong way. It sounds like the kind of thing an RIAA exec would have written in the 90's.

I do think spotify should have a few more controls for artists though. Similar to how steam lets developers choose what price their game is going to be sold their for, I think streaming services (video and audio) are leaning a little too far away from creatives control with the all you can eat model.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Crew Trailer
4. Re: The Crew Trailer Nov 13, 2014, 19:36 saluk

Haha I wonder how much the Unity fail will hurt sales of Crew and FC4. Ironically, with less advanced tech, and the numerous beta periods, The Crew should fare pretty well bug wise. There isn't a whole lot of there there.  

News Comments > Mount&Blade Free on GOG.com Fall Sale
13. Re: Mount&Blade Free on GOG.com Fall Sale Nov 13, 2014, 15:27 saluk

Lol all games are work. Context is what is important. Papers Please has great context. Beyond that, I actually find the core mechanic pretty fun, in a professor layton "how are they trying to trick me now" kind of way.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog
20. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 13, 2014, 14:10 saluk

I really like the game. A shame Ubisoft rushed this out. In 3-6 mo I think this could have easily been the best of the series and blown people away.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews
10. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews Nov 12, 2014, 02:40 saluk

Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 00:51:
NKD wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 00:00:
I have a 4.2GHz i7-3970K six-core processor and three Titans and I can't get anywhere near a steady 60fps with everything maxed at 1440p.

Holy shit, that is some truly fucking terrible coding.

I imagine there's a few bugs involved there though, rather than just performance scaling. Because changing settings, for me, doesn't really improve my framerate.

Yeah that has to be some kind of code loop somewhere that just destroys performance. (Or, as Egosoft calls it: "Every other line!" HEYYYYOOOO!)

It's still fucking terrible though, especially seeing as how the consoles are reportedly also running like shit. So the amount of testing apparently done on this game was... I'm gonna guess -15%?

Ubisoft is quickly going down the crapper again. First Watch Dogs, now this... If FC4 also sucks performance wise they're not going to have fun weathering the PR shitstorm.

Pretty sure they didn't test on a 3-titan system lol. That's pretty rare.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
39. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 19:53 saluk

Also looks like this is the next game to have around to test pc upgrades. Haven't really had a definitive one of those for a while!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
36. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 17:53 saluk

Looking forward to playing this when I get home, but glad I didn't let myself get too hyped. I am such a fan I made it through Liberations and didn't hate it, but this is definitely sounding like one of the duds so far.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
4. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Nov 10, 2014, 19:11 saluk

Ouch. If it looks good enough to justify that performance, great.  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
25. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 9, 2014, 04:15 saluk

Yeah the license is pretty clear. First dang clause:

"Steam and your Subscription(s) require the automatic download and installation of Software onto your computer. Valve hereby grants, and you accept, a limited, terminable, non-exclusive license and right to use the Software for your personal, non-commercial use (except where commercial use is expressly allowed herein or in the applicable Subscription Terms) in accordance with this Agreement, including the Subscription Terms. The Software is licensed, not sold. Your license confers no title or ownership in the Software. To make use of the Software, you must have a Steam Account and you may be required to be running the Steam client and maintaining a connection to the Internet.

For reasons that include, without limitation, system security, stability, and multiplayer interoperability, Steam may need to automatically update, pre-load, create new versions of or otherwise enhance the Software and accordingly, the system requirements to use the Software may change over time. You consent to such automatic updating. You understand that this Agreement (including applicable Subscription Terms) does not entitle you to future updates, new versions or other enhancements of the Software associated with a particular Subscription, although Valve may choose to provide such updates, etc. in its sole discretion."

And no it's not the first time this has happened or people have noticed it. But when they abuse the system they are going to get grief.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
5. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 8, 2014, 15:03 saluk

Woo, just beat SA a month ago and never plan to play it again

Still this is really really shitty.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on December 16
37. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 19:50 saluk

This is an amazing remake of Elite, but don't touch it if you are looking for something with "modern" gameplay.

Also multiplayer seems a bit hit or miss right now. I don't think it will ever really feel like an "MMO" - it's more of a single player experience that happens to take place in a world inhabited by other players.

With those qualms aside, I do actually think the game will be ready in a month for release. I think the fans who have followed it for a long time may be disappointed about things they hoped would be in it that aren't there yet, but people who don't know of those things and are looking for a classic sandbox will find it.

This is how you do development. Yeah, you won't please everyone, but you make a good, releasable, solid core that can than be expanded.

Much better than, say, developing 25 completely independent games and hoping that at some point they will magically fit together. Or, like, putting a lot of effort into cool helmet wearing animations when the ship flying animations don't work.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 18:03 saluk

Ordered my HOTAS, Hoping it makes this game a bit less annoying to control than the xbox controller. Just need to borrow someone's DK2 and I can finally have the feeling that I am myself!  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
7. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 17:49 saluk

X-Wing last week led me to playing Wing Commander 1 which I've had on GoG for a while but never got into. It's really a pretty decent game, although like Star Citizen, it emphasises a lot of weird things for such a simple base game.

Anyway, from there, I decided to finally give Arena Commander a try. I've had it, but every time I open it, I just get really sad at all of the niggles and weirdness that is still in that experience.

But I managed to get into a dogfight and get about ~30 minutes of pretty good fun out of it. Progress! ~2 years for 30 minutes of play, imagine the hours of gaming goodness we'll get in the next 2 years! I think I'm turning around. Star Citizens unite!

Cya all later, I'm going to go have a Star Wars fan's wet dream.

News Comments > Blackguards 2 Video
4. Re: Blackguards 2 Video Nov 6, 2014, 13:04 saluk

Damn Daedelic is nothing if not prolific.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer
7. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Nov 6, 2014, 02:28 saluk

Excited! Trailer is a bit too hyperbolic, but it looks solid. Because of co-op I'm probably going to have to buy at release so I can get in on those missions before my friends tire and move onto the next game.

With all of the emphasis on the co-op (active skills, character customization) it better not be like a paltry 4 missions or something stupid like that.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed
36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 4, 2014, 16:29 saluk

Almost worth the delay. Could have been patched in later but whatevs. Go pimp those lousy consoles.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
16. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 31, 2014, 05:52 saluk

I really had fun with this game for as long as I played it, but no denying it was a bit shallow/illogical. All the effort that was clearly put into it had really diminishing returns.

But then, we've been playing and enjoying the hell out of shallow, highly illogical games for decades. So. Um. Hype + massive backlash + base game is actually decent = oh it still sold well. What do you know.

Hopefully they go back to the drawing board a little bit with the sequel and figure out how to make it really sing if they do more, rather than just tweaking a basic formula that is not quite there.

News Comments > The Evil Within Demo
24. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 31, 2014, 03:55 saluk

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:54:
Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:26:
Yahtzee is the last person I would trust when it comes to giving an unbiased and fair review.

Your vehement disagreement and unabashed defense of the game comes off as no less biased, from where I'm sitting. Yahtzee isn't always correct, and he has his tastes, but he's known for brutal honesty more than making shit up.

Woah, since when? Yahtzee is known for making really funny videos that highlight sometimes obscure flaws in games and making a big deal about them, but making you laugh even while you are a little offended at his rant. There is truth and his opinion shines through the videos, but brutal honesty isn't really the point. They are for entertainment.

News Comments > The Long Dark Alpha Grows
2. Re: The Long Dark Alpha Grows Oct 30, 2014, 16:11 saluk

I really like the sandbox, it feels more put together than other survival games, but I'm really much more interested in story mode. I hope they don't sacrifice that to make a good alpha experience. Feels like their direction could be muddled.  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
7. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 14:29 saluk

How can they possibly make stretch goals without releasing more ships to buy?  

770 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo