Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 885 (Graduate)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
39. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 19:53 saluk

Also looks like this is the next game to have around to test pc upgrades. Haven't really had a definitive one of those for a while!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
36. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 17:53 saluk

Looking forward to playing this when I get home, but glad I didn't let myself get too hyped. I am such a fan I made it through Liberations and didn't hate it, but this is definitely sounding like one of the duds so far.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
4. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Nov 10, 2014, 19:11 saluk

Ouch. If it looks good enough to justify that performance, great.  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
25. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 9, 2014, 04:15 saluk

Yeah the license is pretty clear. First dang clause:

"Steam and your Subscription(s) require the automatic download and installation of Software onto your computer. Valve hereby grants, and you accept, a limited, terminable, non-exclusive license and right to use the Software for your personal, non-commercial use (except where commercial use is expressly allowed herein or in the applicable Subscription Terms) in accordance with this Agreement, including the Subscription Terms. The Software is licensed, not sold. Your license confers no title or ownership in the Software. To make use of the Software, you must have a Steam Account and you may be required to be running the Steam client and maintaining a connection to the Internet.

For reasons that include, without limitation, system security, stability, and multiplayer interoperability, Steam may need to automatically update, pre-load, create new versions of or otherwise enhance the Software and accordingly, the system requirements to use the Software may change over time. You consent to such automatic updating. You understand that this Agreement (including applicable Subscription Terms) does not entitle you to future updates, new versions or other enhancements of the Software associated with a particular Subscription, although Valve may choose to provide such updates, etc. in its sole discretion."

And no it's not the first time this has happened or people have noticed it. But when they abuse the system they are going to get grief.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
5. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 8, 2014, 15:03 saluk

Woo, just beat SA a month ago and never plan to play it again

Still this is really really shitty.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on December 16
37. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 19:50 saluk

This is an amazing remake of Elite, but don't touch it if you are looking for something with "modern" gameplay.

Also multiplayer seems a bit hit or miss right now. I don't think it will ever really feel like an "MMO" - it's more of a single player experience that happens to take place in a world inhabited by other players.

With those qualms aside, I do actually think the game will be ready in a month for release. I think the fans who have followed it for a long time may be disappointed about things they hoped would be in it that aren't there yet, but people who don't know of those things and are looking for a classic sandbox will find it.

This is how you do development. Yeah, you won't please everyone, but you make a good, releasable, solid core that can than be expanded.

Much better than, say, developing 25 completely independent games and hoping that at some point they will magically fit together. Or, like, putting a lot of effort into cool helmet wearing animations when the ship flying animations don't work.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 18:03 saluk

Ordered my HOTAS, Hoping it makes this game a bit less annoying to control than the xbox controller. Just need to borrow someone's DK2 and I can finally have the feeling that I am myself!  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
7. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 17:49 saluk

X-Wing last week led me to playing Wing Commander 1 which I've had on GoG for a while but never got into. It's really a pretty decent game, although like Star Citizen, it emphasises a lot of weird things for such a simple base game.

Anyway, from there, I decided to finally give Arena Commander a try. I've had it, but every time I open it, I just get really sad at all of the niggles and weirdness that is still in that experience.

But I managed to get into a dogfight and get about ~30 minutes of pretty good fun out of it. Progress! ~2 years for 30 minutes of play, imagine the hours of gaming goodness we'll get in the next 2 years! I think I'm turning around. Star Citizens unite!

Cya all later, I'm going to go have a Star Wars fan's wet dream.

News Comments > Blackguards 2 Video
4. Re: Blackguards 2 Video Nov 6, 2014, 13:04 saluk

Damn Daedelic is nothing if not prolific.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer
7. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Nov 6, 2014, 02:28 saluk

Excited! Trailer is a bit too hyperbolic, but it looks solid. Because of co-op I'm probably going to have to buy at release so I can get in on those missions before my friends tire and move onto the next game.

With all of the emphasis on the co-op (active skills, character customization) it better not be like a paltry 4 missions or something stupid like that.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed
36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 4, 2014, 16:29 saluk

Almost worth the delay. Could have been patched in later but whatevs. Go pimp those lousy consoles.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
16. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 31, 2014, 05:52 saluk

I really had fun with this game for as long as I played it, but no denying it was a bit shallow/illogical. All the effort that was clearly put into it had really diminishing returns.

But then, we've been playing and enjoying the hell out of shallow, highly illogical games for decades. So. Um. Hype + massive backlash + base game is actually decent = oh it still sold well. What do you know.

Hopefully they go back to the drawing board a little bit with the sequel and figure out how to make it really sing if they do more, rather than just tweaking a basic formula that is not quite there.

News Comments > The Evil Within Demo
24. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 31, 2014, 03:55 saluk

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:54:
Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:26:
Yahtzee is the last person I would trust when it comes to giving an unbiased and fair review.

Your vehement disagreement and unabashed defense of the game comes off as no less biased, from where I'm sitting. Yahtzee isn't always correct, and he has his tastes, but he's known for brutal honesty more than making shit up.

Woah, since when? Yahtzee is known for making really funny videos that highlight sometimes obscure flaws in games and making a big deal about them, but making you laugh even while you are a little offended at his rant. There is truth and his opinion shines through the videos, but brutal honesty isn't really the point. They are for entertainment.

News Comments > The Long Dark Alpha Grows
2. Re: The Long Dark Alpha Grows Oct 30, 2014, 16:11 saluk

I really like the sandbox, it feels more put together than other survival games, but I'm really much more interested in story mode. I hope they don't sacrifice that to make a good alpha experience. Feels like their direction could be muddled.  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
7. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 14:29 saluk

How can they possibly make stretch goals without releasing more ships to buy?  

News Comments > Spacebase DF-9 Released; Free Hack n' Slash for Backers
7. Re: Spacebase DF-9 Released; Free Hack n' Slash for Backers Oct 28, 2014, 15:47 saluk

Still interested in Massive Chalice (I've really appreciated the open nature of its development and progress has been decent) and the finish of Broken Age, of which the first part I actually rather enjoyed. I suppose I'll have to do grim fandango as well. Past that, I dunno if I can suffer to follow DF any longer. Choosing to rush this to a 1.0 and drop it is probably the worst of their many bad decisions they've made in the last couple years.  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
4. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 20:15 saluk

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 20:04:
Webcache

jpg, for if/when the webcache expires.

Goddamn, let's hear it for the maushaus! Never dreamed I'd be thanking Disney.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce a new partnership with ©Disney that allows for the DRM-free release of about 30 classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucas' most famous gaming franchises, so that the Disney/Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam & Max Hit the Road - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition
Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Sam & Max Hit the Road, Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Disney/Lucasfilm catalog, you can expect to see Lucas games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

Good news everyone!

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo
9. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo Oct 25, 2014, 00:23 saluk

Can someone explain to me what "demo" means? Is that like free to play?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dreamfall Chapters Book One
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dreamfall Chapters Book One Oct 22, 2014, 15:15 saluk

It's... good! Aaaand short. I wanted to wait for a complete game, but gave in. They definitely need to work on those performance problems. Unity does have problems with multiprocessing - I think if they just tone down a few of the high-poly areas they can achieve the same look and feel without killing my 780ti, pfft. Still looks very good for a unity game.  

News Comments > Jon Shafer's At The Gates Video
3. Re: Jon Shafer's At The Gates Video Oct 17, 2014, 19:21 saluk

Nice to see this project coming along. It does feel a lot like civ, but also different in a lot of ways. The clans, weather, and survival feel make it a bit more intimate. I love the watercolors, and the hints in the fog of war. I'm glad the tech tree made it in too. The design updates have been really interesting, but also a bit worrying because so many things have been changing all the time.

For instance, clans were added in august. They seem like the core feature the game is built around now.

885 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo