Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 726 (Apprentice)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
18. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Mar 28, 2014, 03:45 saluk

NKD wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 21:21:
wow
such person of interest
so sandbox
watch doge
wow

Haha I want to tip you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Molyneux: Indie Revival "Won't Last"
61. Re: Molyneux: Indie Revival Mar 26, 2014, 02:18 saluk

As much as I despise Molyneux, I think he has a point. These kinds of things wax and wane over time - periods of creativity and anarchy, and periods of consolidation. We've seen it happen on mobile, where in the early days it was very easy to get placement no matter your background; but now the majority of top selling games are produced by huge game factory conglomorates. The amount of indie games being trying to get placement these days is not really sustainable.  

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
84. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 02:12 saluk

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 00:27:
I think FB just bought a huge flop personally.

I know you guys want VR but if you have to wear anything on your face heavier than a pair of regular glasses you are running uphill with the mass market. Who wants to share one of those things either? They have to get sweaty after a while. Nasty.

When the dust is clear another company will have come along and hit everything square on the head. The race has just started and the competitors are just getting warmed up. By the time FB Rift fails some svelt developer with a gaming hardware background will have come along and outdone it anyway.

Carmack will only be there until he gets bored. He's rich and famous and generally well respected. He doesn't have to stick around anywhere he doesn't like.

The story here, IMO, is that VC guys are watching products on Kickstarter and plucking the freshest fruits. If you don't like spending your cash funding R&D and market development for some rich guy's future purchase, think twice about using Kickstarter. It's like loaning Sam Walton money to make Wal*Mart, only instead of company stock you want a can of beans.

My Oculus has been a hit at parties, so I don't know what your talking about. Yeah, it has high potential to be like the wii, collecting dust after a few months, but with that initial uptake nintendo laughed all the way to the bank. With facebook attached... I don't know if that is a positive or a negative for adoption.

Kickstarter to aquisition though - yeah that's definitely ugly. I am going to think twice in future about funding something that could potentially be sold off.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
44. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 21:54 saluk

I can see why facebook made this deal... I just don't understand why Oculus did. They had the vision for the VR future, I thought they wanted to take us there? Best case scenario here, the vr future arrives, and oculus lines facebook's coffers. Worst case, the oversight and attachment to a larger entity dilutes the vision and scuttles the whole thing. Someone else comes in and does VR right (it's a matter of when not if) and oculus will be a distant memory.

Oculus could have been the future facebook if they had remained independant. This feels very shortsighted. So many devs upset by the deal are abandoning their projects. When you rely on the support of the developers, you would think you would do some probing to see what kind of PR any deal would do. Trusting in VR is a big ask to begin with, and one that the team has been slowly building for a very long time. It boggles my mind that a mere 2B (less than previous facebook buys) was enough to be worth blowing all of that carefully earned trust away.

My boss at work, whom I sold on the rift by letting him try my DK1, was hoping to build a new company around the rift. He was one of the first I know of to order the DK2. He's crying in a corner now.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 24, 2014, 17:14 saluk

Wow DayZ really DOES have legs. Which you will need to run around doing nothing for hours.  

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
3. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 19, 2014, 19:32 saluk

too many games.  

News Comments > GOG.com Adding Linux
3. Re: GOG.com Adding Linux Mar 18, 2014, 13:58 saluk

Xil wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 11:49:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 11:03:
Good, but something tells me not very many developers or Gog themselves will spend a lot of time/money making linux executables for old games.

Still, limited selection is better than no selection.

every DOS game they sell can converted by simply adding the linux dosbox executable instead of the windows dosbox executable that's really 5min work

all new games that are on linux can come over

its really the win95/98 stuff (if talking about old games) that won't come over

this whole ubuntu stuff irritates me, ubuntu is going a totally diffrent way in the linux eco system so pick the distro on which ubuntu is based: debian (and no am not using that one either but just makes more sense)

Mint is pretty good though. The most important thing is that they pick one, the linux community can easily adapt from there. Yeah steam was all ubuntu but the OS is now based on debian

A large amount of gog games are running on dosbox on windows anyway, I've ran a lot of my gog games on linux already through dosbox or wine. So it's nice to have the official support, check that box, but we don't really need a whole lot of effort here.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode "Almost There"
29. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Mar 14, 2014, 14:50 saluk

Yeah banished is really great, but it's a completely different type of beast.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 13, 2014, 16:02 saluk

Apparently Dota wasn't the primary issue here, but whatever scolding the grandmother was giving to the boy when they got home. Not that that makes it any less stupid, but at least less sensational.  

News Comments > GameRanger Passes 5M Users
11. Re: GameRanger Passes 5M Users Mar 12, 2014, 22:06 saluk

SlimRam wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 20:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 20:02:
Quboid wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 19:38:
Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 19:29:
Really? Never heard of them.

I've never heard of this either and I'm not sure what it does. Dedicated servers? Store? There's a decent list of games there, Anno 1404 for example, but what you can do with it I don't know.

It basically gives you a browser of available games in games that no longer support that by themselves. Pretty useful if you want to play old games online where the internet function ran over gamespy, for example.
I wonder if it supports 'Hello Kitty Island Adventure'? Everyone knows they ended that MMO WAY before they should have

GameRanger is typically for games that run the servers on client machines, mmo is not really feasible. You can see the full list at http://www.gameranger.com/games/

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - TowerFall Ascension
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - TowerFall Ascension Mar 12, 2014, 17:20 saluk

The last nail in the Ouya coffin.  

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
17. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 20:48 saluk

theglaze wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 19:54:
Draugr wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 19:42:
As you said yourself, the 360 needs to be able to run titanfall

No, I'm saying the opposite. It doesn't need to be on the 360. The quality of the gameplay has suffered because of it.

They're releasing it there to access that large user base, and seeing how low the spec's are, why not make also support low-end, practically obsolete PC gaming systems? I just feel bad for the kids who buy Titanfall for the 360 in 2 weeks and experience a game that is significantly less than what all the hype, commercials, and reviews are showing. And then saving up for an Xbox One and buy the title all over again.

Actually they are releasing it there because it was originally planned to be a 360 game. It's kind of like when Zelda Twilight Princess was released on the gamecube and the wii simultaneously. It was delayed a year to add the wii features, and graphics were not great on the wii, and the gamecube got a delayed release that it didn't need. Both versions tend to suffer on the boundary.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $40M
37. Re: Star Citizen Passes $40M Mar 11, 2014, 18:04 saluk

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and poops like a duck...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
66. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 17:55 saluk

The last MP shooter I bought was BF3, and I didn't get my 60$ out of it (no sleight to the game). I just think I'm not really in this category of gamer anymore. The titanfall beta almost brought me back, honestly. I'd love to run around for a couple weeks with all the new players, but then I know I'll get bored and never touch it again. By the time I wait for a sale, it wont be fresh anymore, and I think the ship will have sailed for me. Too bad. Props to the devs for an interesting collection of mp fps elements though! I hope this is successful, and they can ditch EA for titanfall2.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015
15. Re: The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015 Mar 11, 2014, 17:37 saluk

2014 is ruined!  

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
28. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 16:03 saluk

Exceeded profit expectations vs fell short of expectations? There's no doublespeak going on - it's just a difference of whose expectations are being discussed, and whose expectations were actually reasonable  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2014, 21:25 saluk

As if our traditional banking institutions have a perfectly clean history.

Heck, as if our credit cards don't also get hacked

But yeah, don't use bitcoin. Seriously.

News Comments > 50 More Steam Greenlights
1. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Mar 4, 2014, 17:49 saluk

STAHP MAKING GAMES  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
27. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 14:02 saluk

I've been waiting for another SP movie for a long time.

Instead of a 2 hour movie for $10 I get 12 hours for $60? Where do I sign up?

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support
29. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support Feb 28, 2014, 16:33 saluk

Pr()ZaC wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 12:35:
Not related but I'd like to see the VR solution from Valve. Devs say it's pretty good.

Some of valve's work influenced the changes in the oculus. Nice to see that they are helping each other rather than competing.

726 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo