Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 870 (Graduate)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems
29. Re: Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems Jul 2, 2015, 01:19 saluk

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 14:06:
Almost a year ago...

That's against the "two month port job" quote from before. One of them is clearly a lie.

Stop worrying. Get your refund and see if they right the ship. Meanwhile, fire up terraria again and get lost in its absurdly huge content expansion.

Article may be false, unsubstantiated, and probably true anyway... but there is no contradiction. The 1 year ago is when they were having trouble getting the game running on CONSOLES and shifted all resources to the console side. Which would explain WHY they had to outsource the pc port later, as they had stopped work on it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WB Games Montréal New IP Referenced
7. Re: WB Games Montréal New IP Referenced Jun 30, 2015, 14:51 saluk

Spektr wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 12:25:
Maybe they are not the one to blame for the Batman Arkham Knight PC Port but that incident does not really make me interested in what they are working on next.
I am actually taking sides for studios that recently took pains to offer quality console ports. I have in mind Rockstar. Those that required me to upgrade from my dual core processor to play their games like Far Cry4 or Dragon Inquisition are not going to see the color of my money any time soon.

I get dinging really bad ports such as AK or AC:Unity. But PC gamers can't have it both ways. Do we want the games to be focused on min-spec on pc, med-spsec, or high-spec? Most games target med-spec, which tends to be a bit higher range than the current consoles. We want our games to be meatier on pc than on consoles, we expect it. Sometimes that means you need to upgrade past min-spec. Dual core is really outdated.

Though targeting med-spec means we don't get as much of an upgrade as we kind of expect, while still not having great performance for less than med... PC really sucks to develop for because of the heavy fragmentation. Fortunately there is enough of a spread to make money on us and keep porting games.

Rockstar is great, but they sure took their time. I don't know if smaller games than GTA or titles from PC-focused companies will ever warrant such attention.

News Comments > GMG Arkham Knight Refunds
5. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 14:05 saluk

Sadly the result may be, let's just not release on pc at all because it's too easy for people to get refunds.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 24, 2015, 17:38 saluk

On the money.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
30. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 13:58 saluk

Arkham City deleted my save game twice, I barely was able to get the will to finish it after that. Admittedly it was a GFWL problem, but it swore me off of these Batman games. I'm glad I missed out on this one!

Edit: Oh crap, I remembered I did get Origins on sale for a couple bucks a few months ago, played a couple hours and realized it was the same game, and haven't gone back to it yet. The same may happen here, though it's not looking good right now.

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 11:41:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 11:17:
Here's the inevitable, SHOCKING interview with a Rocksteady developer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBngocx0DhI
This is beyond any doubt the greatest fake translation I've seen. It's perfect.

Thanks for almost getting me fired. TFFW (too funny for work)

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2015, 14:20.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 23, 2015, 21:29 saluk

Spector: "I worked really hard to avoid games that had a 4, 5 or 14 after their names."

Spector: "I had the Deus Ex experience and, for a change, I didn't know all the secrets. That was pretty cool. I'm really looking forward to Mankind Divided."

You mean Deus Ex 4?

Also, he was asked this question: "Did you experience any of it at the show?" And his answer was: "I've been pretty consistent in my belief that VR is a fad." He prejudges the tech, and doesn't even say anything about any VR stuff he tried - if he tried any at all.

And anyone who dismisses VR because it makes you look silly is obviously unaware of where the culture is these days. Looking silly while playing games has generated serious revenue for some people.

Spector you sound like a crotchety old man. But I still love ya, just like I love my grandfather who complains about the government spying on him through his radio

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Episode 3 Released
2. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Episode 3 Released Jun 23, 2015, 16:39 saluk

Axis wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 15:56:
Episodics. Never bought one, doubt I ever will.

Thanks for the very useful information.

Anyone playing this yet? Any good?

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
47. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 22, 2015, 02:51 saluk

Slick wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 02:25:
Kosumo wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 01:03:
Leave harlock and his meds out of it, I'm happy I'm helping both him and me by buying them off him for cheap.

P.S. I think Slick really hates what in his mind is most of use Blue's users (a sterotype), he does seem to be arguing with 'you people' which I don't think anyone else knows who it is.

alright, i'm just going to stop repeating myself. if you can't see any logic in my arguments, then leave it alone.

if you can't understand me saying "you people" then you haven't been paying attention. i'm talking to everyone in this thread who's poopoo-ed this developer for A) not being "AAA" mainstream enough, and B) for pre-judging a game that literally no one here has played. and C) for pissing on the wounds of some people who have just lost everything. if you can't understand that, then you like everyone else in this thread are totally immune to irony.

remember this thread next time you see a headline that reads: "blizzard reduces upcoming game to 4 classes to be more user-friendly" and ALL YOU PEOPLE go bananas about it, clamoring for more fringe titles that aren't afraid to "take creative chances" LOL

You have to have something in order to lose it. Having a dream and realizing after a long time that that dream doesn't match reality is not quite the same. This developer has found after much effort that the market they are currently aiming at just isn't big enough. Sucks that they spent a lot in following this path, but now that they have woken up, perhaps they can find their true path - either the individuals who mistakenly believed in this dream, or the collective as a whole.

I'm all for taking creative chances, and I actually really love all of the groups experimenting with interactive experiences to go beyond just games. I think some great innovations for real games may come out of experiments like these. But it's called a risk for a reason. You have to know that the risk may not pay off. I hope they learn the right lessons from their failures.

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Jun 17, 2015, 02:34 saluk

Sounds like they are taking the right approach with the Mirror's Edge sequel. Fuck.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Changes Detailed
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Changes Detailed Jun 17, 2015, 02:31 saluk

The horse carriages and grapple are cool. I also love trains, so...

Sold. Didn't think I was going to be too interested in this one. I just hope they tone down the collectathon and mobile app shit.

News Comments > Gears of War Ultimate Edition for PC Announced
5. Re: Gears of War Ultimate Edition for PC Announced Jun 17, 2015, 02:30 saluk

Jerykk wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 00:06:
So, minor update to the original port? Thanks Microsoft! Now how about Gears 2, 3 and 4?

No kidding. Played through gears with a buddy (only way to play it imo), and have been waiting for the next game ever since.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
9. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 17, 2015, 02:01 saluk

Cram wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 23:55:
nin wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 23:47:
Cram wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 23:40:
The scope of what this game apparently is supposed to be sounds absolutely ridiculous.

I will be watching this one.

It is. I really worry about it living up to everyones expectations. Guess we'll see...

I just imagine repetitive "random generated" scenarios. after a couple dozen hours you've seen them all, and every star offers nothing new.

I am told by a friend that has followed this longer than I have, that this isn't the case. There's some whatever tech that actually makes everything unique. I need to research this one more.

I can't just accept that, after what the E3 presentation showed, there are something like 100000+ unique star systems in this game. That's absurd, and yet I'm interested to learn a lot more.

It's not as randomly generated as you might think. It's procedural... but not exactly random. The artists have a lot of control over what parameters for things are allowed - like they will design a head, and say "this is a spot where hair can grow". We still don't really know what the gameplay is like, but I get the sense that it will work in a similar way, and it will have a lot more of a progression than something like minecraft. For example, the planets you start on might have less aggressive wildlife.

In my head I can solve these problems pretty easily. Whether they have actually done so is still quite the question mark though

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
32. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 17:31 saluk

Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 14:08:
I find it dodgy that Sony announced this. Next up, publishers will want you to pre-fund every fucking thing in existence.

Other than that, cool for whatshisname that his Kickstarter is doing so well, and shame on those of you who don't know Shenmue.

I think you said all that needs to be said here.

Shenmue was revolutionary. All games are now Shenmue.

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
14. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 15, 2015, 01:49 saluk

With the impressive demos Vive has had, and the super-slick final headset design from Oculus that looks as light and unassuming as I think we can get for this generation, (not to mention the long arm of Sony) how do you have the balls to enter the ring with THAT?  

News Comments > LEGO Jurassic World Released
4. Re: LEGO Jurassic World Released Jun 13, 2015, 03:55 saluk

Movie good, not great. Not quite the disappointment I had hoped it would be.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
55. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 14:22 saluk

Turning with the controller doesn't work, but if you have a controller and a swivel chair, you can turn reasonably well physically and then do all other input with the controller.

Until you get tangled in the wire of course

Really, unless their new input system was really ready (which it's not), bundling a controller is the most sensible move. It's not at all surprising. Annoying for those who already have it... you can always sell it.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
13. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 11, 2015, 19:49 saluk

The assumption is that there are better built in drivers and handling of the external devices microsoft is putting into win10/dx12 specifically designed around better supporting VR. Anyone who has messed with the oculus dev kits knows that treating them as just a monitor can lead to some bad times. And DX12 actually has some pretty serious performance increases.

Why this has to be an OS upgrade rather than a driver update... siiiigh. But I'll be upgrading to win10. It looks better than 8 and it's free, kind of a no brainer.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Jun 11, 2015, 04:22 saluk

People keep going into it because they love games, and love knowing that they helped make a good game good or a successful game successful. There are definitely cool stuff to build and be proud of in the business world as well, moreso now than ever, which may be why more GD's are wising up to their industries conditions and retooling. I was smart and went into the business world from the beginning, but I would be lying if I didn't wish I was in games every now and then; even with the bad conditions, they are working on what I dream to work on. When I play games I am way more interested in discovering how they are put together than the enjoyment I am personally getting from the experience.

Thousands of others like me took door A instead of door B. Many of us grew up under the baby boomers, where the mantra wasn't "go to work, work hard, and make enough money to be successful"; it was "follow your dreams and make sure that your job is something you really love". No wonder they keep going into crappy jobs that smell nice and stick around hoping that the reality will someday match the fantasy.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 11, 2015, 03:37 saluk

But they haven't received reports of harassment from the other sites. Reports of individual harassment is their metric, rather than some dumb arbitrary rule.

I think banning subreddits is a bad idea. If you don't want to be exposed to that shit, don't go in there, and at least it has the chance to keep some of those elements in hamsterdam rather than spreading into the nicer areas.

However, using actual data (people reporting that they were receiving harassment in a subreddit) is the way I would want them to police it if they have to.

And FINALLY Don Quixote is really happening. If Gilliam is up to finishing it. Up for debate lol. And it probably will be lackluster. Zero Theorem was the worst he's ever done in my opinion, and Parnassus was not great, although I think I could at least watch it a few times. He takes longer and longer and spends more money to finish things that don't come close to his earlier greats; but I guess this happens to most creators over time.

News Comments > Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian
8. Re: Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian Jun 9, 2015, 13:13 saluk

I don't think it dropped in the charts because it wasn't good enough, I think it dropped fast because the market for it bought it right away - and that's kind of that. When you have a small enthusiastic niche market that's what you see. It will spike again, but smaller when it goes on sale. People like me with huge backlogs haven't bought it yet.  

870 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo