Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 726 (Apprentice)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Jon Shafer's At The Gates Video
3. Re: Jon Shafer's At The Gates Video Oct 17, 2014, 19:21 saluk

Nice to see this project coming along. It does feel a lot like civ, but also different in a lot of ways. The clans, weather, and survival feel make it a bit more intimate. I love the watercolors, and the hints in the fog of war. I'm glad the tech tree made it in too. The design updates have been really interesting, but also a bit worrying because so many things have been changing all the time.

For instance, clans were added in august. They seem like the core feature the game is built around now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Announced
11. Re: Rebel Galaxy Announced Oct 15, 2014, 15:47 saluk

Looks... good!  

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
24. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 15, 2014, 15:40 saluk

SirKnight wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 13:03:
I would definitely like a client to organize all my GoG games in a nice STEAM-like way.

Yeah I missed this too. So I made my own It works nice for me but would take a lot of work to make it good for other users. The nice thing is it is storefront agnostic, so I can quickly find what games I own no matter where I bought them from. I've found it makes it more likely for me to buy games that aren't on steam, or buy them on sale from a different store.

I'm kind of curious how galaxy may or may not have a place in that. There are times I buy on steam over gog because of achievements, multiplayer, or steam workshop type stuff.

News Comments > Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary Edition Released
7. Re: Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary Edition Released Oct 15, 2014, 15:33 saluk

I think this is actually the best time for Grimrock 2. People are greased with some big releases in the last few weeks, but Mordor and Alien both are short shelf-life games. There are some hot titles on the horizon - but they aren't here yet.

And genre-wise it pretty much stands alone, the closest being wasteland 2 which was in development a bit too long and lost a lot of hype. Grimrock 2 came out of nowhere, and it's a pretty impressive upgrade from the first game.

Oh this is the discussion for GK? One adventure game that really didn't need an update - and especially didn't need new voice actors. Need me my Tim Curry, sorry.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 15, 2014, 15:25 saluk

Cutter wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 09:40:
And MS continues to shoot itself in the foot. Why should I upgrade when you don't want me to utilize the advantages of the PC to begin with? The left hand isn't even aware of the existence of the right hand with that company, is it?

Rolleyes

I know, right? MSFT competes with itself way harder than they compete with anyone else.

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Oct 14, 2014, 22:22 saluk

Update: she's canceled the event.

These threats aren't fake. So many women with any kind of platform get these things all the time. It also really has very little to do with gaming, but it's been increasingly framed that way for long enough that it's now a "thing". I don't think that frame is helpful to the actual problem, rather it has escalated it.

I still feel bad for these people who just want to follow their passions without getting constant abuse.

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
21. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 21:58 saluk

Game has been getting really good reviews... just a bad port. I might pick it up on sale, after the community makes it not suck.  

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed
5. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed Oct 14, 2014, 03:13 saluk

I'm a sucker for these games. Glad I wont have to miss this one! I always wished we got to see more from the templars side - this isn't quite what I'm looking for but it's closer.  

News Comments > Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test
12. Re: Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test Oct 10, 2014, 04:33 saluk

Dont... like... puzzles? The hell is wrong with you people. I guess my only complaint against the first game was that other than the snazzy graphics, it was really no better than what inspired it. Definitely enjoyed it though, for whatever reason those grid-based 3d dungeon crawlers are my cup of tea. Eye of Beholder, Lands of Lore, Anvil of Dawn, Dungeon Master... mmm goodness.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 6, 2014, 19:27 saluk

"Mixed" reviews? The only reviews I see on metacritic below 80 are not in english. Unless you count IGN or Gamespot. Which I don't. Reviews on steam are mostly positive, though obviously just reviews of the first part. Sure I'm still gonna wait - probably for potential winter sale - but it's looking pretty up for the alien license for a change.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
37. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 6, 2014, 03:45 saluk

jdreyer wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 23:45:
loomy wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 23:07:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 19:04:
one of the most mismanaged gaming projects in history

that is such an exaggeration I'm stunned silent

It's even more mismanaged than Duke Nukem Forever. VGReagle told me so.

It's a bit too early to tell. They haven't rewritten the whole game 3 times yet.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
53. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2014, 03:25 saluk

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 13:41:
No Wasteland 2? I'm honestly shocked. Game is excellent. I've found it to be a lot more entertaining and challenging than D:OS.

It's been in EA for quite some time at this point, and it's been on top-10's before. I guess there weren't that many still sitting on the fence?

I didn't get into D:OS, yet, waiting for my co-op buddies to get ready for it, but I'm really liking wasteland 2 so far. It's a very solid old-school rpg with prettier graphics - I especially like the depth of the dialog system.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailer
8. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailer Oct 3, 2014, 15:30 saluk

Yeah I hated FC2. I never finished it, recently went back thinking maybe I didn't give it a fair shake, and wasn't able to stomach getting even as far as I got the first time. FC3 I didn't love as much as a lot of people, but I never was bored. All of the outposts were set up a bit differently, and the gameplay worked pretty well. I'm guessing fc4 will be essentially more of the same, since fc3 was so well reviewed, but it has potential to be pretty good. If they tighten up the plot and flow of the campaign and fix the in-game economy (omg ubisoft SUCKS at their game economies though. Like OMG soooo baaad. You unlock everything worth having 10% of the way through the game in every one of their games) I'll pick it up.

If it's just fc3++ I'll skip.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 2, 2014, 18:04 saluk

Netflix is the perfect place for his "films".  

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
42. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 2, 2014, 04:43 saluk

jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 14:33:
BadIronTree wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 12:20:
Minecraft , KSP , Natural selection 2 and more were crow-funded before kick-starter just by word of mouth :D

Those crows are pretty prescient. Makes me think "The Birds" was not a work of fiction, but actually a documentary. They probably secretly run the world.

Crows are really rather intelligent. I wouldn't put it past them to try and rule the world.

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
24. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 23, 2014, 02:43 saluk

I just love some of the cynicism in here. This release is freaking sweet! It comes close to meeting almost all of the complaints I had for the old storefront. I love that I can hide any game! There are still some niggles. I would like to not be reshown games that are already on my wishlist (but at least it tells me that it's on my wishlist), and hiding a game does not actually hide it from a lot of areas. I do hope we don't have to wait 5 years for updates to THIS layout.

But it's clear a lot of effort went into this, and it's about time.

News Comments > Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans
35. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 20, 2014, 23:29 saluk

Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 17:32:
Project management is easy if you're organized and know what you're doing. And most developers don't. How hard is it to compartmentalize a project?

Base Project = X number of employees + X number of days + X number of dollars.

Stretch goals = See above. Stretch goals commence and are completed after base project is finished and good.

Of course you have to actually have a defined goal to work toward, otherwise you're just screwing around wasting time and money. Quit screwing around! You kids screw around too much!

Where is your game development studio? I'm sorry, but some types of projects are easy to do project development, and other types are hard. Most engineering oriented projects are hard. The schedule at work scares me, and I'm just glad I'm not the guy who spends at least 20 hours a week organizing all of that stuff after every sprint to see if where we really are is where we meant to be. (And the other 30-40 hours calling people and pushing people to make sure everyone is going in the right direction throughout the week!) And at least at my job we are completely business focused and there is no artistic junk messing things up. We stay relatively on schedule - but stuff slips, goals change, people get sick at the absolutely worst time, and bugs make it through QA and hit customers. If it was so easy, there would be way less blunders and missed dates in the industry.

All of that said... DF is being pretty shitty for throwing SB under the bus like this. The LEAST they can do is release the source - but I think most of us expect a lot better. How complete/good the project is... that's kinda not the issue. I mean, no matter how much money/time/effort is thrown at a project is not what defines if it turns out to be a GOOD game.

This is the first systems oriented game the studio has made, and those are harder than they seem. If the foundations are not strong, throwing more time and effort at it wont necessarily turn it around. But the attitude... Doublefine has run into this time and time again - they come across as double-faced the way they always try to sugar coat everything. Going back to splitting up broken age. Every time they mess up, they act like it's the best thing ever.

News Comments > Road Redemption Early Access
5. Re: Road Redemption Early Access Sep 19, 2014, 00:54 saluk

I was actually quite impressed with the early alpha of this. Definitely got a bit of that road rash vibe, and the raining killer cars level is hilarious. Most of this trailer is actually new so that's encouraging.  

News Comments > Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin
12. Re: Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin Sep 17, 2014, 19:48 saluk

Woohoo! This is what I'm talking about!  

News Comments > Borderlands Replaces GameSpy With Steamworks
3. Re: Borderlands Replaces GameSpy With Steamworks Sep 16, 2014, 14:55 saluk

About time! Finally finished the game with my friend and we started working dlc. Yeah, it seemed to reset the graphics settings etc, and reactivate dlc, but at least it kept the saves. I would have had a fit if those had been wiped out.  

726 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo