Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for saluk

Real Name saluk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname saluk
Email saluk64007@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.spinheaddev.com
Signed On Apr 30, 2005, 21:54
Total Comments 734 (Apprentice)
User ID 23037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
16. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 31, 2014, 05:52 saluk

I really had fun with this game for as long as I played it, but no denying it was a bit shallow/illogical. All the effort that was clearly put into it had really diminishing returns.

But then, we've been playing and enjoying the hell out of shallow, highly illogical games for decades. So. Um. Hype + massive backlash + base game is actually decent = oh it still sold well. What do you know.

Hopefully they go back to the drawing board a little bit with the sequel and figure out how to make it really sing if they do more, rather than just tweaking a basic formula that is not quite there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Evil Within Demo
24. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 31, 2014, 03:55 saluk

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:54:
Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:26:
Yahtzee is the last person I would trust when it comes to giving an unbiased and fair review.

Your vehement disagreement and unabashed defense of the game comes off as no less biased, from where I'm sitting. Yahtzee isn't always correct, and he has his tastes, but he's known for brutal honesty more than making shit up.

Woah, since when? Yahtzee is known for making really funny videos that highlight sometimes obscure flaws in games and making a big deal about them, but making you laugh even while you are a little offended at his rant. There is truth and his opinion shines through the videos, but brutal honesty isn't really the point. They are for entertainment.

News Comments > The Long Dark Alpha Grows
2. Re: The Long Dark Alpha Grows Oct 30, 2014, 16:11 saluk

I really like the sandbox, it feels more put together than other survival games, but I'm really much more interested in story mode. I hope they don't sacrifice that to make a good alpha experience. Feels like their direction could be muddled.  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
7. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 14:29 saluk

How can they possibly make stretch goals without releasing more ships to buy?  

News Comments > Spacebase DF-9 Released; Free Hack n' Slash for Backers
7. Re: Spacebase DF-9 Released; Free Hack n' Slash for Backers Oct 28, 2014, 15:47 saluk

Still interested in Massive Chalice (I've really appreciated the open nature of its development and progress has been decent) and the finish of Broken Age, of which the first part I actually rather enjoyed. I suppose I'll have to do grim fandango as well. Past that, I dunno if I can suffer to follow DF any longer. Choosing to rush this to a 1.0 and drop it is probably the worst of their many bad decisions they've made in the last couple years.  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
4. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 20:15 saluk

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 20:04:
Webcache

jpg, for if/when the webcache expires.

Goddamn, let's hear it for the maushaus! Never dreamed I'd be thanking Disney.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce a new partnership with ©Disney that allows for the DRM-free release of about 30 classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucas' most famous gaming franchises, so that the Disney/Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam & Max Hit the Road - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition
Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Sam & Max Hit the Road, Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Disney/Lucasfilm catalog, you can expect to see Lucas games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

Good news everyone!

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo
9. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo Oct 25, 2014, 00:23 saluk

Can someone explain to me what "demo" means? Is that like free to play?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dreamfall Chapters Book One
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dreamfall Chapters Book One Oct 22, 2014, 15:15 saluk

It's... good! Aaaand short. I wanted to wait for a complete game, but gave in. They definitely need to work on those performance problems. Unity does have problems with multiprocessing - I think if they just tone down a few of the high-poly areas they can achieve the same look and feel without killing my 780ti, pfft. Still looks very good for a unity game.  

News Comments > Jon Shafer's At The Gates Video
3. Re: Jon Shafer's At The Gates Video Oct 17, 2014, 19:21 saluk

Nice to see this project coming along. It does feel a lot like civ, but also different in a lot of ways. The clans, weather, and survival feel make it a bit more intimate. I love the watercolors, and the hints in the fog of war. I'm glad the tech tree made it in too. The design updates have been really interesting, but also a bit worrying because so many things have been changing all the time.

For instance, clans were added in august. They seem like the core feature the game is built around now.

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Announced
11. Re: Rebel Galaxy Announced Oct 15, 2014, 15:47 saluk

Looks... good!  

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
24. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 15, 2014, 15:40 saluk

SirKnight wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 13:03:
I would definitely like a client to organize all my GoG games in a nice STEAM-like way.

Yeah I missed this too. So I made my own It works nice for me but would take a lot of work to make it good for other users. The nice thing is it is storefront agnostic, so I can quickly find what games I own no matter where I bought them from. I've found it makes it more likely for me to buy games that aren't on steam, or buy them on sale from a different store.

I'm kind of curious how galaxy may or may not have a place in that. There are times I buy on steam over gog because of achievements, multiplayer, or steam workshop type stuff.

News Comments > Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary Edition Released
7. Re: Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary Edition Released Oct 15, 2014, 15:33 saluk

I think this is actually the best time for Grimrock 2. People are greased with some big releases in the last few weeks, but Mordor and Alien both are short shelf-life games. There are some hot titles on the horizon - but they aren't here yet.

And genre-wise it pretty much stands alone, the closest being wasteland 2 which was in development a bit too long and lost a lot of hype. Grimrock 2 came out of nowhere, and it's a pretty impressive upgrade from the first game.

Oh this is the discussion for GK? One adventure game that really didn't need an update - and especially didn't need new voice actors. Need me my Tim Curry, sorry.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 15, 2014, 15:25 saluk

Cutter wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 09:40:
And MS continues to shoot itself in the foot. Why should I upgrade when you don't want me to utilize the advantages of the PC to begin with? The left hand isn't even aware of the existence of the right hand with that company, is it?

Rolleyes

I know, right? MSFT competes with itself way harder than they compete with anyone else.

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Oct 14, 2014, 22:22 saluk

Update: she's canceled the event.

These threats aren't fake. So many women with any kind of platform get these things all the time. It also really has very little to do with gaming, but it's been increasingly framed that way for long enough that it's now a "thing". I don't think that frame is helpful to the actual problem, rather it has escalated it.

I still feel bad for these people who just want to follow their passions without getting constant abuse.

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
21. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 21:58 saluk

Game has been getting really good reviews... just a bad port. I might pick it up on sale, after the community makes it not suck.  

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed
5. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed Oct 14, 2014, 03:13 saluk

I'm a sucker for these games. Glad I wont have to miss this one! I always wished we got to see more from the templars side - this isn't quite what I'm looking for but it's closer.  

News Comments > Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test
12. Re: Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test Oct 10, 2014, 04:33 saluk

Dont... like... puzzles? The hell is wrong with you people. I guess my only complaint against the first game was that other than the snazzy graphics, it was really no better than what inspired it. Definitely enjoyed it though, for whatever reason those grid-based 3d dungeon crawlers are my cup of tea. Eye of Beholder, Lands of Lore, Anvil of Dawn, Dungeon Master... mmm goodness.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 6, 2014, 19:27 saluk

"Mixed" reviews? The only reviews I see on metacritic below 80 are not in english. Unless you count IGN or Gamespot. Which I don't. Reviews on steam are mostly positive, though obviously just reviews of the first part. Sure I'm still gonna wait - probably for potential winter sale - but it's looking pretty up for the alien license for a change.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
37. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 6, 2014, 03:45 saluk

jdreyer wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 23:45:
loomy wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 23:07:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 19:04:
one of the most mismanaged gaming projects in history

that is such an exaggeration I'm stunned silent

It's even more mismanaged than Duke Nukem Forever. VGReagle told me so.

It's a bit too early to tell. They haven't rewritten the whole game 3 times yet.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
53. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2014, 03:25 saluk

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 13:41:
No Wasteland 2? I'm honestly shocked. Game is excellent. I've found it to be a lot more entertaining and challenging than D:OS.

It's been in EA for quite some time at this point, and it's been on top-10's before. I guess there weren't that many still sitting on the fence?

I didn't get into D:OS, yet, waiting for my co-op buddies to get ready for it, but I'm really liking wasteland 2 so far. It's a very solid old-school rpg with prettier graphics - I especially like the depth of the dialog system.

734 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo