Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for asrof

Real Name asrof   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2005, 18:12
Total Comments 522 (Apprentice)
User ID 23011

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
6. Re: Is this the patch... Oct 11, 2005, 17:12 asrof

I really can't figure out what people see in Guild Wars, but I guess they probably can't understand why people play WoW. I don't think WoW is that great, but it can be pretty fun sometimes. If they ever made an MMO that was really fun all the time no matter how much you played it, then we'd probably need a government agency to regulate it. I don't know how people expect a game you can play for several years to be as continuously fun and exciting as a game that lasts 1 or 2 days, it's just not realistic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
2. Re: sweet Oct 11, 2005, 16:19 asrof

Yeah all the game needs is MORE paladins haha.

Oh well what can you do. After they buff paladins they will just buff other classes then paladins will be back saying they suck again.

Everyone thinks their class sucks but everyone elses is "uber", so it's kind of funny no matter what class forum you look at on the wow site everyone is complaining. Paladins are a great support class, but apparently players don't want a support class, so we'll see if Blizzard caves in and makes them into a real warrior and priest combined, wouldn't surprise me.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Revo Oct 11, 2005, 14:16 asrof

I think a low cost is the only chance Nintendo has, they say they want to get people who don't normally play video games... well... people who don't normally play won't pay 300-500 for a system but they might pay 100, if they make nintendogs revolution.

I just hope they come up with better game ideas than were in that japanese tv ad.

News Comments > Until I'm Gone Revealed
4. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2005, 16:01 asrof

I for one find broken english press releases adorable.

But that doesn’t mean that other things will be neglected!

Awwwww!

News Comments > Irth Online Dated
10. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2005, 15:58 asrof

Has SOE made any improvements to Matrix Online since they purchased it?

Hahaha, you just made my day, thanks. SOE... improvements!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Graphics Processors Capable of Physi Oct 7, 2005, 17:25 asrof

Was anyone REALLY going to buy a physics addon card? I sure as hell wasn't. Their best example of how AWESOME these addon cards would be is ACCURATE WATER DROPS wow.. yeah, cause I really care about how the rain drops in my video game are colliding with the puddles on the ground... no really, I do... please take my 300 bucks!

It's like they are on this hype train of how great more powerful physics would make gaming, when it's bullshit, sure I want the world to react to my actions but do I care if its 100% accurate when calculating how that crate falls down? Nope.

And what publisher was going to have the balls to make a game where you NEED the addon card? Seems like it'd be best used for tech demos and not actual games.

News Comments > CoV/CoH Pricing
5. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2005, 11:44 asrof

I think there are separate cities, and then PVP zones. I've had interest in the game but never played it because everyone tells me it's fun for a short while and then you get bored out of your mind. Which is just the normal MMO cycle I guess, but I prefer not to get completely bored for at least 6 months.

News Comments > Call of Duty 2 This Month
26. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2005, 11:40 asrof

My PC has been outdated for a while now, but I'm always amazed at how playable new games are. I'm still using a 4200 and CoD2 demo was very playable with 1024x768 and no AA, but I realize some peoples definition of playable is 200fps with everything maxed out... mine is more like 25-30fps with nothing fancy.

Still can't wait for this, I think CoD was the last FPS game I played all the way through, and I loved it the entire time.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
3. Re: Spend the Night Oct 5, 2005, 14:02 asrof

They will get a lot of "female" players, you know, the ones with penises.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
5. Re: Ummm... Oct 5, 2005, 13:58 asrof

I guess I don't understand why scripted is "shallow" but letting your AI run around randomly isn't. I think the CoD games have an intense, cinematic feel that keeps me playing while other games just bore me.

I don't know what people want, scripted sequences that aren't actually scripted I guess? People get all excited when the enemies in a game duck behind a corner but it's "cheap" when the game designers took the time to make something exciting happen.

News Comments > Condemned Movie Plans
2. Re: ugggh Oct 5, 2005, 13:47 asrof

It's disgusting to see what these business/marketing guys come up with when they are trying to force a "hit". Species X? Wow dudes that is totally X TREME! Give me a fucking break. Good luck reproducing Star Wars, everyone knows George Lucas hired a team of market research people before he came up with the idea.

STAR WARS XTREME: EPISODE X3R0 H4X0R TEH SIZZITH oh crap i probably just gave them ideas.

News Comments > Gold - The Movies
25. Re: No subject Oct 5, 2005, 13:36 asrof

Oh yeah, well I BETA tested pong, no wait ALPHA tested!

Sad.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. RPGs Oct 4, 2005, 12:45 asrof

3 upcoming RPGs, let's hope at least one doesn't suck. Oblivion looks pretty amazing in the e3 video, though the combat doesn't look all that great... hope it's more fun to play than to watch, but it can't be worse than morrowinds.

With the graphics though I can't wait to see what Fallout 3 looks like, I still have the horrible feeling its going to be a real time FPS type game though, from a company that has no experience doing FPS... bloodlines anyone?

News Comments > Gold - Dark Age of Camelot: Darkness Rising
2. Re: god why? Oct 4, 2005, 12:30 asrof

I decided to try playing again during their promotion a couple months ago... that lasted about 2 minutes. It looked like everyone deserted the old servers for the new ones that exclude the trials of atlantis content, literally single digit populations on the normal servers. I guess thats how you measure success of your expansions over at mythic, do people hate it enough that you need to make new servers without it or do they hate it but not enough to start from scratch.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: end of the PC due to convergence Oct 2, 2005, 17:24 asrof

Maybe Lenovo just had a ton of cash because everyones got a giant hard-on for China nowadays and they decided to buy a prestigious American companies PC division to increase marketshare and brand recognition? Nah. Must of been cause Lenovo are a bunch of suckers and IBM was lucky enough to find some chumps to buy them. I wonder why the "corporate world" that has seen what's going to happen in only a few years invested all that money.

News Comments > Site Seeing
2. Re: No subject Oct 2, 2005, 16:28 asrof

*crickets*

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. No subject Sep 29, 2005, 17:37 asrof

Why is there a new interview about Horizons every freaking day? So many websites dying to get interviews with employees of a dead MMO?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Motorola CEO Sep 27, 2005, 11:57 asrof

He sure seems like a jackass, but to be fair, if it wasn't for piracy most people wouldn't have near enough music to fill out an ipod. Most people really don't need 1,000+ songs and most people don't have that many, or anywhere near it, unless they do download songs illegally.

News Comments > MMO Mania
1. WoW Weather Sep 27, 2005, 11:45 asrof

I've been too busy to play WoW lately but I think weather effects will add a lot to the game, having it actually snow around Ironforge would be nice. I never understood why they didn't have any weather, or why the sky graphics are so ugly and basic (not to mention blurry), when they obviously put so much effort into making everything else look stylized and artistic.

I'd rather see some info about hero classes though, come on Blizzard it's getting close to a year now since release.

News Comments > The Shadow of Aten Revealed
2. Re: You have got to be kidding Sep 27, 2005, 11:37 asrof

But it's a game about an attractive hero, set in an attractive setting, with an attractively elaborate plot about the attractive god Aten who is attractively ah screw it.

BEWARE THE HALF-TRUTHS!!!!!

522 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo