Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1696 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Shank 2 Announced
3. Re: Shank 2 Announced Sep 27, 2011, 21:42 Alamar

I'm pretty sure I've never heard of it.. But I'm happy they're able to make a sequel : )

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 27, 2011, 21:29 Alamar

I'm not a big fan of 'real' theft, but holy hell that's impressive...

-Alamar

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard Rises
4. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard Rises Sep 27, 2011, 21:12 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 20:59:
I'll grab this when it it hits the bargain bin for sure but $30 is just way too much for this. Anyone's who's never playhed LOTRO and looking for a new MMo to pass the time this is a good one. Still the best environments - artwise - of any game. Really feels like Middle-earth.

Did someone steal your blues news acct?

-Alamar

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Video Developer Diary
2. Re: Orcs Must Die! Video Developer Diary Sep 27, 2011, 00:10 Alamar

Seems very odd that I can't pre-order this on Steam...

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2011, 18:11 Alamar

peteham wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 11:31:
The new direction for D3 also leads me to believe that more of the endgame will be built around dinging maxlevel and staying there, like WoW.. I guess we'll see..

How so?

-Alamar

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Sep 25, 2011, 18:18 Alamar

El Pit wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 16:35:
The future is that not only you still won't be able to pause the cinematic interludes, but you also won't be able to pause the game itself (Diablo III).

I knew someone would work this into the thread...Thank you : )

Hell, even a thread about dog feet would end up including a nod to Diablo 3 : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Patch
15. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Patch Sep 25, 2011, 09:32 Alamar

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 08:22:
bigspender wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 00:30:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 15:36:
Ridiculous, though given the reviews I'm not in any hurry to grab this one.

The game is great, I think the reviews are a bit harsh, they compain about the story not being amazing(and its not, but its still entertaining) - yes its not perfect, but it is really fun game and you get absorbed by the experience.

easily worth a purchase if you can get cheaply.

I am looking for a good deal on this one. I loved the demo, and I also gave the full version a try on OnLive. It let me play the first 30 minutes and I like the game a lot.

As soon as I see a good deal I'll grab the game, but I am not in the hurry because way too many games are coming out in a very short period of time that I want to play.

I'm in a similar spot... I really enjoyed the demo; especially the jump mission (being OP is fun). But it's not worth $60 to me (I'm new to 40k, and not a huge fan of it, or regular Warhammer).

I don't have any games on the horizon though, but I'm trying to be super productive (both at work and on my hobby stuff, so really, 80-100h weeks), and some games get in the way : ) At least no massives are due out any time soon : ) Or rather, at least GW2 isn't coming out soon : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Patch
6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Patch Sep 24, 2011, 19:24 Alamar

Drezden wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 17:21:
Flatline wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 16:56:
Weren't we supposed to get co-op in the first month or something?

They said "In about a month" not "In the first month" and it's only been about 3 weeks.

According to most gamers, the words 'maybe', 'would like to', 'will try to', mean that those bastard developers didn't deliver what they PROMISED...

Just saying... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch; Pricing Details
32. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 19:20 Alamar

Rockn-Roll wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 16:33:
Let's see...first you give them like $60 for the standard edition or upto $140 for the collector's edition, then you give them at least $12.99 per month. Eventually, if you play the game for 2 years, you will have paid anywhere from $360 to $400 for one game. Is it really worth that much?

I can't be bothered to calculate how many hundreds, if not a few thousand, dollars I saved playing massives over the last ten years...

So yes, it's worth it; I like money : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch; Pricing Details
27. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 17:19 Alamar

Holy crapple... Dec 20/22... Not cutting it close at all : )

-Alamar

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Pinball Fights to Survive in an 'Angry Birds' World. Sep 23, 2011, 17:54 Alamar

Halo wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 14:38:
Here In Vegas we have a pinball museum with 152 classic machines, still haven't made the trip there yet. =\

http://www.pinballmuseum.org/

But... are you allowed to touch? And does tilt'n get you kicked out?

-Alamar

News Comments > Aion Anniversary Reactivation Offer
2. Re: Aion Anniversary Reactivation Offer Sep 23, 2011, 17:38 Alamar

Metasparks wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 14:33:
Does this game remind you guys of Rift or WoW at all?

No.

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III in Early 2012; Beta to Expand
39. Re: Diablo III in Early 2012; Beta to Expand Sep 23, 2011, 17:04 Alamar

Optional nickname wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 16:21:
to the entire internet posts that claim they won't buy it: See you all in the US EAST ladder come game time!

Challenge accepted... and discarded...

I will likely buy the game... Though that likelihood has dropped per announcement (used to be the opposite)...

But worrying about ladders? In an action RPG? No thankie : )

-Alamar

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 22, 2011, 22:43 Alamar

Holy crapple, it would be about damn time if you didn't HAVE to click to move... I hate that design... I feel like I'm playing the game one handed, because all I can do with my left hand is occasionally open a UI tab, or click a skill...

Don't know that I'd want to specifically play with a game pad (haven't used one on a PC in like 15 years), but WASD support would rock my socks.

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
65. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 20:43 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 19:36:
Here's hoping Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile are all awesome.

Diablo 3 is not only a boycott on principle, but honestly my ISP has been disconnecting me for 3-4 seconds at a time, regularly, for weeks, and of course they have no clue how to solve that conundrum.

Physically unable for Diablo 3.

/me sheds bitter tears.

'Always on DRM' and 'constant uninterrupted connection' are actually two quite different things...

I can't argue that it won't happen how you fear in D3 (since WoW boots you out if you fart too loudly near your modem), but it's easy enough to have 'hidden' reconnects, especially in this style of game.

-Alamar

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Sep 22, 2011, 11:31 Alamar

Watter wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 11:27:
It's interesting that everyone's commenting on the first/third person thing when what really caught my eye was:
It took just three hours before I'd hacked and slashed my way to the main storyline's satisfying conclusion
I hope that isn't true. Perhaps I'm an aberration in that I never once played any of the Diablo's as multiplayer, only single player, but a three hour game? I think I'd have to pass on that.

The DEMO is 3h...

-Alamar

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2011, 11:22 Alamar

Should D3 have been a FPS? Obviously not... Obviously...

Should a FPS be made with Diablo style game play? Hell yes... And it's not like there isn't, but the FPS-RPG 'genre' (sub genre?) needs to expand... One of the aspects I like the most about Borderlands (or honestly, any game), is the 'rpg' elements...

Part of the problem has, and will continue to be, the differentiation (/bigwords) of auto-hit (where your characters stats matter), and player-hit. GW2 is trying to get away from auto-hit a bit, but it's still going to be relevant...

Fallout tried to get away with it by having the RPG elements increase weapon damage (and other stats)... But is still heavily auto-hit (VATS) based...

And on the other end of the spectrum, FPS' are more about player dodging (and weapon selection) than any kind of player stats, but even that has been changing (again, gun stats, but also speed, jump height, etc...)... reminds me of that awesome RPUT mod for UT : )

-Alamar

News Comments > NCIS Game Next Month
10. Re: NCIS Game Next Month Sep 21, 2011, 17:20 Alamar

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 17:14:
NCIS is one of the worst TV shows that I have ever had the misfortune of watching. The acting is appalling, the plots are absurd, the writing is infantile and for a show about the US Navy it seems to revolve far too heavily around land..

Interesting... I'm a big fan of NCIS... For me, I felt it was a much more interesting, with actual characters, forensic-style-show (or in short, CSI with characters).

But then, I have no involvement in the navy or the like... When I see shows about things I know about, it bothers me that they talk so incorrectly about (like just about anything computer related...).

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Closed Beta Begins
48. Re: Diablo III Closed Beta Begins Sep 21, 2011, 13:48 Alamar

Verno wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 10:21:
I agree, can someone enlighten me, please, why people have a mindset to run away from DRM, as it is an actual Ebola Virus? After 15 years of this DRM talk, I still don't understand, am I the only one missing something?

Most DRM has only negative connotations for legitimate buyers and rarely affects pirates. Case in point, there is already a basic server emulator for the Diablo III beta, something that previous DRM defenders claimed would take months if not years. A friend of mine loaded it up and says it's quite rough but they literally cobbled it together in 2 days, it will only improve from here. In this case the DRM is basically an attempt to stave off piracy (DRM doesn't really work at this) and to secure their multiplayer item sale AH stuff.

To add to this... DRM is no different than any other inconvenience in life... If YOU PERSONALLY have not been fucked over by DRM (aka copy protection), then why would you care? It helps keep the game legit, and improves your experience...

For those that it will affect, it's annoying... And us gamers are obsessive creatures... When I get Diablo III (or any other new release), I usually play it hardcore; I eat, sleep, dream, etc the game, so no, I don't want to have to load up some crappy 'old' game (like Deus Ex - the old busted in this example), because I happened to have lost my connection for 5m, 15m, 1h-48h (whatever), and want to play the new hotness...

Anyhow... Complaints on Blues News will rarely (but not never - lots of old timer game devs visit) have an effect, but if you really want your complaints to have an impact, put them in the right place... Companies (and Blizzard specifically) have changed policy when there is enough public outcry... But whimpering in a forum 'over there' won't amount to much ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Closed Beta Begins
12. Re: Diablo III Closed Beta Begins Sep 20, 2011, 19:34 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 19:20:
For me, I simply don't understand the reasoning behind not wanting to purchase the title for requiring an online connection when 99% of the time I spent was through closed battle.net... /shrug

For me, I simply don't understand how you could not want to purchase it either...

As for the hundreds of thousands of people that didn't spend much (or any) time on closed battle.net, it might be different...

For me, with all their crap lately, it's gone from a must buy, to a most likely buy (I'm honest with myself... I can't claim I won't get it...).

-Alamar

1696 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo