Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1810 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
1. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Dec 11, 2011, 16:55 Alamar

I found that to be pretty disappointing (too)... Partly because the music vs scenes didn't exactly mesh, for me...

Speaking of, having played through Shadowgrounds (both) recently, I really liked their use of music during 'frenetic encounters'...

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2011, 16:49 Alamar

So... It's out of the way, so no 4:16 pm ET updates on the 25th? : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY
1. Re: Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY Dec 11, 2011, 16:45 Alamar

I find this very disappointing...

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale - Amazon Dec 11, 2011, 14:19 Alamar

Dead Island for $20... Dungeon Siege 3 for $5... Dungeon Defenders for $3...

Must be D day...

-Alamar

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer; Launch Events
22. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer; Launch Events Dec 10, 2011, 23:33 Alamar

Ant wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 18:52:
Sad, I was not able to get to play its beta even though I got in twice! Stupid free time and HDD crash.

In Soviet Russia, HDD crash you!

I have no idea why that came to mind : )

I feel for you though... I enjoyed my beta time enough to pre-order, and stopped (to not waste time, ruin more, etc)... And I skipped the next round (obviously for the same previously parenthised reason : ).

-Alamar

News Comments > GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday
25. Re: GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday Dec 10, 2011, 21:37 Alamar

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 19:34:
I dunno, to me it strikes me as just as silly as criticising a car for the curvature of it's windscreen...

I didn't like riding 'shotgun' in my friends F-150 because the windshield angle made me nauseous... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 10, 2011, 16:49 Alamar

D4rkKnight wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 14:30:
LA Noire was on the most disappointing list and honorable mention for best PS3 game as well as best new IP. The descriptions are great, in one category it's no fun to play, in the other its a "classy, mature, unique" game.

Was going to mention I thought it was funny Bulletstorm was in the Best New IP and Most Disappointing lists... Seems rather silly, but also a good example of divergent opinions... If nominations are simply just that XX people chose it, I can see this... Lots of clashing opinions on most games these days ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Unused System Shock Items Detailed
6. Re: Unused System Shock Items Detailed Dec 10, 2011, 16:44 Alamar

Hudson wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 16:17:
Ahh yes, good times indeed. Use to rocked the Atari 800XL with a tape deck (which later was customized for turbo loading, lol I know) than had a brief moment with Commodore Amiga and moved onto x286 with a Hercules gfx card which later became Pentium 1

Also worth mentioning:

Another World, Moonstone, Police Quest, Space Quest, Future Wars, Dragon Lair, Duck Tales, X-Com Series (def were ahead of their time) and the list could go on and on =)

Another World was neat... And I forgot about the quests... Started with King's Quest I, and loved Sierra at the time, even sending them fan snail mail... Had a few KQ's, Space Quest III, Manhunter I/II, and the entire Quest for Glory series (when it started as Hero's Quest). Really liked that they added RPG to the adventure games formula they used...

Lots of fond memories, and lots of games to look forward to... A good time to be alive : )

-Alamar

4. Re: Unused System Shock Items Detailed Dec 10, 2011, 14:58 Alamar

Ratty wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 14:26:
The original System Shock, Fallout, Ultima - those were games I really regret not ever having played in their time.

Populous, Magic Carpet, Day of the Tentacle, Kyrandia series, Syndicate... I could go on, if my memory was better heh...

I didn't care much for Fallout or Ultima back then (or now), but I was around : ) X-Com should be on that list too... (both lists for me, around, but uninterested).

Ahhh nastalgia... Good times... I can't even imagine not being a gamer; I started with an Odyssey 2, around age 4-5, and an Atari 2600 not long after... Pitfall, etc... Good times ; )

-Alamar

-Alamar

News Comments > GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday
5. Re: GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday Dec 10, 2011, 14:31 Alamar

Rosco wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 14:10:
Please please let this just be a rumor! I have not played any game, in the 16 years I have been playing them(I am 48 as of today), that has engrossed me so as the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series has.
Still looking forward to the Lost Alpha mod Dezodor and team are working.

Gratzies : )

I do feel bad for the first 32 years though ; )

-Alamar

2. Re: Unused System Shock Items Detailed Dec 10, 2011, 14:21 Alamar

El Pit wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 14:05:
Ultimate Mod: System Shock with all the additional stuff remade in the Doom-3-Engine. Just do it!

I would like to see that, but I recently played back through both SS's...

And they're dated (expectedly)... It's not nearly as scary/spooky when the enemies are more comical than scary because of how much graphics have improved...

However, I'm sure the many will agree that the audio is a big part of what made the second so freaky, and that doesn't really get old : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Battle.net Balance Coming
15. Re: Battle.net Balance Coming Dec 10, 2011, 12:13 Alamar

PropheT wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 11:39:
DaZ wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 11:06:
Blizzard added a wallet to battlenet, OH NOES, now they are the supreme evil? Steam has had a wallet for a long time and they get a free pass?

I don't personally have a problem with them adding a wallet to Battle.net, but do you seriously not see the difference there? They aren't even remotely similar services.

I seriously see plenty of differences, what with one being a retailer, and the other being a retailer with some matching functionality...

What I seriously don't see, is the bad part of this announcement/addition.

-Alamar

News Comments > Bastion DLC Next Week
6. Re: Bastion DLC Next Week Dec 10, 2011, 12:08 Alamar

Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 04:54:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 23:02:
I've really got to play more of this but I just have too many games... I haven't completed Skyrim yet, I haven't even start LA Noire, I've got back into Defense Grid (I played for 18hrs recently because of the addon), I've just picked up Payday: The Heist and still have a backlog of other major games (Crysis 2, Assassin's Creed II, Dragon Age II, DOWII-Retribution, F1 2011, etc.

For what it's worth I really enjoyed the 4-5hrs of Bastion that I've played so far.

Hmmm... I haven't finished Skyrim either. Maybe its TOO long. I have two different level 30 chars [archer & assassin] who are pretty damn powerful gear/perk-wise. I need to jump on one and just plow through the main story line.

But then I got into the D3 beta and played that for a while, then Bastion came out, and soon I'll give SWTOR a try. Someday, Skyrim... someday.

Honestly, the Skyrim main quest is s[no different than any other larger quest line... Like the Mage quest line... So if you have just a few hours, and can ignore other quests, knocking it out won't take much.]s

As for Bastion DLC, it'll get installed, and I thought the game was great, but I don't see myself trying it.

-Alamar

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer; Launch Events
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer; Launch Events Dec 9, 2011, 23:50 Alamar

Looking good : )

One week'ish, to go.

Sith Inq was my original plan, so happy to see the trailer, but it's funny, because he one shots an elite mob that has a bit more hp than that one attack has... Good ol advertising : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Battle.net Balance Coming
6. Re: Battle.net Balance Coming Dec 9, 2011, 23:42 Alamar

So... What's the bitching about for this feature?

Sounds to me like it's just like any wallet (like steams), but they're adding the ability to use it across games...

I think the name is stupid however... Yes, it fits, because it lists your balance, in a financial sense, but this is so not the company to use that word 'properly'...

And if it turns out to be points, instead of dollars, like XBox crap, that'll suck.

As for the WoW Visa, I could see that converted to this system... WoW is dying, and Bliz would rather have your CC linked to their on going service.

So again, I'm failing to see the negative in this one... Anyone? : )

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 9, 2011, 23:36 Alamar

Of what little I played of Oblivion way back, I recall hating the advancement system...

Sadly, I don't really remember any more about it than that...

But I am tempted for $5/6... Likely hard to go from Skyrim to Oblivion though...

-Alamar

News Comments > Bastion DLC Next Week
3. Re: Bastion DLC Next Week Dec 9, 2011, 23:33 Alamar

Rattlehead wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 22:16:
I could have sworn the developer specifically said there would be no DLC for this game because they wanted to the deliver the entire experience on launch.

Oh well, free DLC is never a bad thing and Bastion is freaking awesome.

I could have sworn the developer specifically said there would be no planned DLC for this game because they wanted to deliver the entire experience on launch. ; )

Some developers do still like to 'give back' after impressive sales, and free is a pretty good way to achieve that : )

-Alamar

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 9, 2011, 21:02 Alamar

That's so gay... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 8, 2011, 21:11 Alamar

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Dec 8, 2011, 21:02:
Anyone think Homefront is worth $7.50?

Someone does, but they don't visit here, because this site is for REAL GAMES...

Seriously though... I have never played it, nor seen a video... I just know some people bitched about it ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > The Old Republic Preloads; Early Access Next Week
23. Re: The Old Republic Preloads; Early Access Next Week Dec 8, 2011, 13:55 Alamar

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Dec 8, 2011, 10:51:
Teddy wrote on Dec 8, 2011, 07:37:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Dec 8, 2011, 02:08:

After playing the beta and reading the forum I've realized that this MMO is anything but even remotely like WoW. This is a "themepark" MMO: Your hand is held throughout the game, in this way it's absolutely useless to return to old areas and the exploration factor is hardly in there. It is true that WoW had this too, but it was heavily disguised due to the fact the game was OPEN WORLD.

I loved the beta but since I didn't wanna spoil too much for myself I played almost every class up unil the end of their starting planet. I am doubtful.

Then you missed a good bit of the freedom allowed in the game. After the newbie area (which includes the planet after the starting planet) you're free to go where you will. The game certainly didn't hold my hand when I walked into an area 6 levels above me on a random planet I chose and the enemies decimated me while I barely scratched them.

I didn't mean to imply that you won't be able to stray into a too high-level area. I meant -- and this is based on what I've read on the forum which many people agreed upon, so I can't call it a fact -- that one quest leads you to the next and eventually the quests tell you to advance to the a next area without there being the option to choose between multiple equal level areas like in WoW.

I admit that this has been contradicted by other comments, but I was stunned by the amount of members agreeing in dismay with the first.

As a very specific example, added as a spoiler, even with pretty generic info/wording, when you finish the second world (the first being the 'tutorial area'), you're given a choice of 2 worlds to continue on... As a story driven progression style, this is harder, but at this point, it's more like, go find pieces A and B of the blah-blah, so it matters not which you get first...

So really, it's an argument disputing what you said, but also supporting it... You can choose A, then B, or B, then A, but it's the same thing essentially...

However, it's up to the individual player whether this is good or bad... For over a decade, massive players have complained that massives don't have enough story, don't have enough 'effect on the world', etc... SW 'solves' one with a butt load of story, and GW2 'solves' the other, with Dynamic Events...

-Alamar

1810 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo