Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1696 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2011, 13:23 Alamar

Creston wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 10:43:
I literally died five times last night during that game.

And I literally don't know what the word 'literally' means.

Creston

Simple, nearly all-the-time rule for literally is that if you're using it, you're using it wrong : )

Not very exciting to say that you figuratively did something though... Literally...

Came in here to comment on xkdc though... That one is gold... And I always thought the double email fields were made for people that don't know what Ctrl + C/V do... : )

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2011, 12:51 Alamar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 22:24:
Put in a 10 hour session into Dead Island via 360 to 360 link. Damn that is fun. 2 big screen tvs next to eachother, laughing, drinking beers, hanging out. Good times. The game is a hell of a lot of fun.

I used to lug about 100 lbs worth of computer equipment around for lan parties... That is, a 19" CRT (50 lbs), and a monster Antec (made of steel) case, and accessories...

But Taking a big screen to a friend's for a 'lan party' sounds crazy...

Maybe that's not the case... Maybe you have two... But either way, I find it funny : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Oct 28, 2011, 12:37 Alamar

Verno wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 11:45:
It's the journalism equivalent of your newspaper editing out mistakes in their online issue or failing to give correction notices. Granted I doubt most of us expect much from IGN but it's situations like this that help perpetuate the whole "lol gaming journalism" attitude.

Tonight at 11! We apologize for all the fear mongering we spout to keep consumers fat and happy...

-Alamar

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
208. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 28, 2011, 12:11 Alamar

InBlack wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 04:50:
Recently a friend of mine got fired from a decent job for being....straight....*I* *shit* *you* *not*.

Ok its not your typical job, he was working as an assistant to a clothing designer, she fired him because he made the models and others in the workplace feel "uncomfortable".

How's that for discrimination....

That doesn't sound like discrimination to me..

However, I don't have enough factual information about the situation, becuase you didn't offer enough (and likely don't have it)... What I can assume from the limited information, is that your friend was fired for staring/leering at women in the workplace... Am I right? Am I way off base? Who knows... There isn't enough information available, and I sure as shit don't take your (or anyone's) word for it : )

People bitch about unwanted results for all sorts of actions, that have NOTHING to do with the cause (some could argue this thread is all about that, but I won't : ).

I hate to bring up a WoW example, but I will : ) I constantly see threads all the time about people being kicked from a group for 'doing blah blah'... And yet, when you read their comment, they admit to being a total asshole to the group... But somehow, it's the 'blah blah' that they were kicked for? Why? Because people have to convince themselves they're not assholes, and that their actions are alright, to soothe their own ego's...

Short form; Don't be an asshole : )

/rant

-Alamar

News Comments > Magicka: The Stars are Left Announced
6. Re: Magicka: The Stars are Left Announced Oct 28, 2011, 10:15 Alamar

space captain wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 22:38:
hulu has an awesome cthulhu-mythos flick online, starring Jeff Combs (Weyoun on DS9).. its about ethereal eel type creatures feeding on emanations from peoples pineal glands

http://www.hulu.com/watch/111989/from-beyond

its fucking quality

That's cool... I've always liked Jeffrey Combs... or at least, since one of my fav movies; The Frighteners.

-Alamar

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 28, 2011, 10:10 Alamar

Tanto Edge wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 23:55:
Die Zynga.
Slowly, but surely, die.

Truth be, they'll just spend scads of money and figure a strategy.

I don't feel this of many game companies; I'm not an EA or Ubi hater, as many here seem to be... But ya, I'd be quite happy to see Zynga die... Not because of their games... Just because of their rampant rip-off policies... Which isn't exactly unique in the industry (hell, I'm working on a minecraft/terraria inspired project). I'm conflicted : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Trine 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta Access
2. Re: Trine 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta Access Oct 28, 2011, 10:06 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 23:45:
Hrmm, as much as I want Trine 2(which is quite a lot), I have no desire to play the beta version, at all.

Finish up testing this game, removing bugs etc. and I look forward to playing the polished, FINAL version!

I agree with this... I'm not so super hyped that I have to play the new version NOW... But then, I was really impressed with the first, and have yet to beat it... Kind of an odd contradiction really...

Anyhow, I want to pre-order it just to show support; they deserve it : )

And seriously, like I've said before... License the engine out for a new Castlevania game...

-Alamar

News Comments > Free Diablo III with World of Warcraft Annual Pass
20. Re: Free Diablo III with World of Warcraft Annual Pass Oct 21, 2011, 22:39 Alamar

Tumbler wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 22:14:
This is a really smart move.. But I don't know why anyone outside of PR/press uses the word 'free' to describe a 144? Dollar expense...

That is what I was looking for. $144 hunh. That is a lot. I guess if you're going to play wow for a year there is no reason not to get the newest game free. Smart marketing move. Assuming you already wanted to buy Diablo 3 you're looking at $65 so that means you could get a year of WoW for $79 with purchase of Diablo 3.

I'm not sure the official #, but 15 a month, 14 for 3, 13 for 6, and I assume 12 for 12, so 144...

For the many many subscribers that want a reason to leave, this offers both... Assuming they can afford it... This hurts the 'dad pays' demographic, but that's probably not as big as most think : )

Edit: holy hell, never mind.. Apparently it's an 'agreement' that you lock in for a year (and choose your payment schedule/price), which also puts it at 13/m minimum... So 156.

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2011, 22:44.

News Comments > Blizzard DOTA Trailer
4. Re: Blizzard DOTA Trailer Oct 21, 2011, 21:57 Alamar

Stitches... Epic : )

So DOTA... Basically just war 3, but the goal is to kill the hero?

-Alamar

16. Re: Free Diablo III with World of Warcraft Annual Pass Oct 21, 2011, 21:52 Alamar

Hammer wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 21:45:
Alamar wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 21:14:
This is a really smart move.. But I don't know why anyone outside of PR/press uses the word 'free' to describe a 144? Dollar expense...

-Alamar

Depends how you see it. If you always planned to keep on playing WoW anyway, and wanted Diablo III...you're basically getting 3-4 months free.

Well sure, but everyone at Blues knows no one plays WoW anymore : )

-Alamar

14. Re: Free Diablo III with World of Warcraft Annual Pass Oct 21, 2011, 21:16 Alamar

Drezden wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 21:04:
Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:30:
Drezden wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:03:
Talisorn wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 18:55:
I smell fear of SWTOR.

Naaailed it.

Wrong. They have nothing to fear from SWTOR. GW2 on the other hand...

If the sales for the completely fucked up Blu Ray release of Star Wars proves anything. It's that there are people who will buy a Star Wars product just because it's Star Wars. So anyone who has played a Bioware game, or a Kotor game, is going to pick up SWTOR. GW2, as innovative as the combat is, does not have that distinction.

Sure, but Bioware doesn't already have a proven track record with massives... Like... Uh... Or right...

Seriously though, I doubt Blizzard is 'scared' of either game.

-Alamar

13. Re: Free Diablo III with World of Warcraft Annual Pass Oct 21, 2011, 21:14 Alamar

-Alamar

News Comments > World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced
18. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 21:12 Alamar

Finally.. I feel vindicated... I used to joke back in 'the day' that all that agi cloth was for the monk coming 'next expansion'.

Good times : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Blizzard on Gold Sales
3. Re: Blizzard on Gold Sales Oct 21, 2011, 15:27 Alamar

I always said I would stop playing WoW when something better came along... Nothing has... But I did stop playing a while back... Just can't get back into it...

Am (now) looking forward to SWTOR, and have always been looking forward to GW2.

-Alamar

News Comments > Christina Hendricks in Need for Speed: The Run
13. Re: Christina Hendricks in Need for Speed: The Run Oct 17, 2011, 19:54 Alamar

I still don't know who she is... I clicked the people link, and it scared me... I assume it's just a bad pic though, but I don't have enough interest to find out : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Top 10
47. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 19:47 Alamar

Darks wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 21:59:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 17:20:
Overon wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 15:54:
People once again show that whatever new game comes out that has a little bit of name recognition or marketing, it will sell number 1 on steam. It's no wonder that publishers don't like to release their big games at the same time for fear of competition.

RAGE is not worth 60 bucks people! I am offended!

I sure as hell didn't pay $60 for it, $20 from online cd-key site.

It's well worth that amount, but not $60 by a long shot.

That shows how much you idiots know. RAGE is well worth the price. You guys are just to fucking cheap, and pathetic on top of that.

I love how you guys who havenít even played through the game will sit in here and bitch about the game. Now if you had played it and didnít pay for it. then youíre a fucking low life scum sucking pirate and its morons like you guys who have helped destroy PC gaming and brought it to what it is now.

Dammit... Maybe I am getting grumpy, but I'll do it for the second time lately...

You're an idiot...

I'm late to the thread, so it's likely already been pointed out how...

'Worth is relative'...

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2011, 16:11 Alamar

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 16:04:
Overon wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 15:54:
People once again show that whatever new game comes out that has a little bit of name recognition or marketing, it will sell number 1 on steam. It's no wonder that publishers don't like to release their big games at the same time for fear of competition.

RAGE is not worth 60 bucks people! I am offended!

Of course, big name publishers release their big games at the same time pretty often, so your statement is kind of flawed there.

That said, I agree that it's not worth 60 bucks. Pick it up when it's on sale for 10.

Creston

I likely won't... : )

I did however, get both Orcs Must Die, and Dungeon Defenders... Enjoying the first, looking forward to the second, but also still having fun with Dead Island (a lot better than expected, and a bit more interesting too)...

Second play through, going with the blunt weapons guy, though mostly head stomping, so weapons are often moot... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic EU Launch Advanced
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic EU Launch Advanced Oct 15, 2011, 13:11 Alamar

AnointedSword wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 11:51:
I will say this. I cannot say too much, but I will hint towards the truth. The reason for the change of heart is not the outcry of lack of release in other countries. Rather, the world wide launch would mean more people would buy it before they hear the reviews that will come out shortly after release (or the NDA is lifted). That is all what I am going to say. Oo

Peeps like labels... so ya, some sales will suffer, because every single massive that comes out is just a wow clone...

Not to me though... I didn't start gaming with WoW, and I know what the word genre means... so no biggie : )

As for SWTOR, it wasn't on my radar... I had very little interest (not a SW fan; watched each movie once), but I am enjoying this weekend's beta...

It definitely feels like a merging of MMORPG and Bioware... Which for some will be great, and others shite... Just like every other game : )

I'm not totally sold on getting it yet, but if a few friends/co-workers get started in there, I'll like pick it up, and some of them are raving about it, so that seems likely : )

For some background, I love massives... but I haven't played any for about 6 months... Just nothing out I felt like putting the time into... And I have never played SWG, nor even seen a gameplay clip (that's how little SW games have pulled me in : ).

I will likely post some specifics when the NDA is lifted...

-Alamar

News Comments > Syndicate Gameplay Trailer
40. Re: Syndicate Gameplay Trailer Oct 14, 2011, 12:13 Alamar

Fletch wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 11:13:
Not Syndicate. Looks boring, too. Wouldn't matter to me if it looked awesome, though. They wasted the Syndicate IP on a game that uses so little of it (except the name) it could have been called anything else and no one would have confused it with Syndicate. This isn't Syndicate. Fuck off, EA. Fuck off, Starbreeze. Not buying. And the rest of you drones who continue to purchase crap like this (and Rage, and X-Com, and Dragon Age 2, and From Dust, and Dungeon Siege 3, and Duke Nukem Forever, and Red Faction: Armageddon, et al) can fuck off as well. Companies will continue to produce PC shit as long as you fanboys and console monkeys keep buying it.

Damn, it's like some of you ADD kiddies grew up on a fricking XBox and just have NO CLUE what a good PC game can be. Just give you aim-assist, an over-the-shoulder third-person view, a lame cover system, insurmountable knee-high barriers to steer you through the map (which you'll likely have to navigate multiple times, with fresh new enemies every time), and you have every consolized piece of dreck released on the PC in the last 5 years. Lost Planet, the Just Cause's, the Dead Space's, Far Cry 2, the Halo's, etc... all games that could have been so much better on the PC.

Not exactly on topic... sorry. Had to vent, though.

I don't say this often, here, or anywhere, but... You're an idiot...

Simple truth: People have different tastes... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 11, 2011, 14:08 Alamar

Tim Collins wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 12:49:
as soon as I saw it was the xbox manuel I stop'd bothering.

Sold in mexico?

Edit: Meant to add the OT part... I miss manuals... Now that I buy ~80% of my stuff on steam, I don't end up seeing a manual... Most games don't seem to have a version on there (though I did just check for Dead Island, and will skim through that in a few seconds, even though I already beat it (27.75h - not bad at all... Enjoyed most of it). So ya, in short, I would definitely like to see more manuals pre-release, as I would consider it about equivalent (sometimes better, sometimes worse) than gameplay videos...

-Alamar

1696 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo