Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1812 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed
5. Re: The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed Jan 17, 2012, 12:59 Alamar

zodden wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 12:51:
Illumin wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 12:29:
While I enjoy the game for the time being I see them comeing to a point where its putting out content for lvl 50s or fixing all the crap that is wrong with this game either way they have their work cut out for them.

The game hasn't even been out a month. Whose fault is it that there are people with too much time on their hands who feel the need to get to the cap right away?

Whose fault is it that there are people with too much time on their hands who feel the need to post on forums? : )

Some people like to level... Others like to claim they've put in 200 hours before touching the 'main quest line' in some games... To each their own...

Myself... I'd have a few 50s by now if I hadn't gotten burned out some... I have a 41 and a 32, and the 32 I haven't touched in weeks... The 41, I mostly log in for about 30-60m a day to do some space missions, and maybe work on the class quest lines with the wife... And some crafting.

In short, as with just about every other new massive, getting to max doesn't take a lot of time... Quite a bit less than people (here) claimed they put into Skyrim in launch week (or two) : )

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 16, 2012, 22:54 Alamar

zombiefan wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 18:36:
I too switched cell carriers recently here in the US, from Verizon Wireless to Virgin Mobile, and couldn't be happier. $45 USD/month gets me 1200 minutes (anytime, no waiting until 9pm to make free long distance calls), unlimited data, unlimited texts, unlimited email, etc. at 3G with an Android smartphone. And since Virgin rides Sprint's backbone, I get decent service too. Haven't had a dropped call yet. I don't need to stroke my ego with an iPhone or newer Android. Just want decent service at a decent price.

-No $30/month bullshit surcharge for having a smartphone.
-No xx/month surcharge for data.
-No xx$/month extra for texting.
-Don't have to wait until 9pm to make "free" long distance calls.
-Oh, and I don't have to wait 2 years to upgrade or pay a bullshit $350 cancellation fee. Bought my LG Optimus V for $99 and can upgrade to a newer phone anytime I like.

If I were on a major carrier, with these features? I'd being paying double what I am now. No reason for it. If you like what you have more power to you. Personally, I like having more money in my wallet.

I'm happy for you : )

But the last part makes me chuckle... I like having $45 a month more in my wallet : )

That's $540 a year... That I could better spend on these $1 bags of Crispers I just picked up... Mmmmm simulated Dill Pickle...

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 16, 2012, 22:51 Alamar

I personally think the most amazing Super Mario 64 speed run should be a test of how quickly someone can turn off the console and TV...

I really didn't like that style (then or now)...

Last time I looked at (and bought) Mario was Sunshine, and I'm pretty sure I barely played it.

-Alamar

News Comments > Dead Island DLC Next Month
11. Re: Dead Island DLC Next Month Jan 16, 2012, 20:35 Alamar

Ludomancer wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 14:19:
BROKE-ASS SHIT GAME

I cursed out loud when I read that they were releasing DLC for this pile. Fuck these people.

I feel for you, and it's really too bad you (all) had such a bad experience... But my experience was great, and I would recommend this game to many...

I don't much like the melee centric game play, but I guess that's what 'survival FPS' means ; ) My first play through, I played the guy that could throw weapons, and I did that constantly and thought it was great... The second time, a 'pure' melee guy, not as interesting, but I got into it...

Face stomp (rank 2) is OP : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 15, 2012, 16:49 Alamar

I wonder if Facebook (or the wife) would let me add a girlfriend to my profile, alongside the 'married to' part. : )

-Alamar

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
4. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Jan 14, 2012, 22:49 Alamar

nin wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 22:12:
Odd that one of the recent indie bundles included 3, but not the 4th blackwell game. Oh well, not a huge deal...

I have no actual information, but the limited statement you made makes much sense to me... If I have recently released my 4th game, I might want the previous 3 to go 'for cheap' to generate interest in the 4th full price version...

But then, I guess your argument would be that it's available now, on steam... and to that, I say... ok ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > The Old Republic Update Next Week
16. Re: The Old Republic Update Next Week Jan 13, 2012, 12:22 Alamar

Jonny wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 04:51:
...GW2 are all expanding what they offer for people to do at endgame.

Could you elaborate on this? Maybe there's been an announcement I missed (could be, been busy playing SWTOR), but GW2 has less endgame than just about any massive I've looked at... In the last 8 or so years...

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 10:34:
I like how they padded 30 seconds worth of branding and logos into a video that is really about 65 seconds long.

This has always been a pet peeve of mine as well... And a step beyond that... 'teaser trailers' with all the marketing crap... even less for more : )

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2012, 13:06.

News Comments > Dustforce Next Week
1. Re: Dustforce Next Week Jan 10, 2012, 17:33 Alamar

That's looks awesomely silly ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching
19. Re: SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching Jan 8, 2012, 12:59 Alamar

nin wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 22:33:
mlw wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 17:08:
I have been playing since early start and have many days of played time. I have not noticed any 'responsiveness' problem at all.

I've only noticed it when I cast Crushing Darkness immediately followed by Force Lighting. It's like there's an extra second or so of animation for CD after the cast, which in turn appears to clip the damaged of FL, since it's channeled.

Hope it's fixed soon...

In my case, force lightning often starts one handed, and goes to two (as a Sorc). The damage shows up right away though...

Either way, I see the claims that the damage is delayed, but can you really tell? Sometimes, the scrolling text is slow, but that doesn't mean the damage went out at the same time.

-Alamar

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up
31. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 3, 2012, 14:14 Alamar

KilrathiAce wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 13:50:
This reminds me of WoW... oh wait this game is basically WoW in star wars theme lol.

But it has space missions that are basically Wing Commander II in a star wars theme lol...

-Alamar

News Comments > Horizon on the Horizon
6. Re: Horizon on the Horizon Jan 3, 2012, 12:52 Alamar

Illumin wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 12:05:
Yeah read the message board on / suggestions. A person very politely commented how the game looks promising, and he can't wait for it to come out but suggested they work on their graphics... He promptly got jumped by one of the developers as an idiot. Nice crew. Oh and btw the graphics do look like claymation.

Did he use words like 'crap' when referring to the graphics? : )

I'm not interested to look for a link myself, but if someone else where to throw it in here, I might click : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Top 10
48. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 2, 2012, 22:03 Alamar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 21:50:
Bumpy wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 19:23:
Interesting that RAGE is on nobody's best seller list, heh. Still waiting for it to hit $5.

It was 15.00 recently on steam and is wroth 2x that....

I disagree, and am (not) waiting on a $5 sale too... If I never end up playing it, I'm fine with that... : )

I will admit I was tempted at $15, but it looks so generic and boring to me, and a co-worker has nothing but meh things to say about it heh...

So in 2011, they had the summer sale (big), US Thanksgiving sale (small), and the winter/holiday sale (big)... Wonder if 2012 will bring a march'ish big sale to even things out a bit? : )

Maybe I'll get Rage for $5 during that... And any others I missed this go.

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 22:07 Alamar

Kajetan wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 15:10:
jimnms wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 15:00:
... because then I'm not achieving anything
You think, you can actually "achieve" something? You waste time playing video games while having some fun. But you do NOT achieve anything.

Too bad you didn't get this comment in on time for '2011's most contradictory comments'. If you can't understand why, I feel for you : )

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
32. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2011, 21:45 Alamar

Yay for today's 'cheeves', but boo for constantly getting nothing... 18 (I think) items, and not a single one useful... I say this, because tomorrow, when I win every game on Steam, I can feel silly... : )

Knocked today's out real easy like... Still didn't get a few for games I have though (Isaac, Dungeon Def, uhm... one or two others I can't think of... and a lot of the 'free' ones - Spiral Knights, etc)...

I think I spent about $20-30 for the whole sale, so I'm fine with that, and have put in like 10 hours on S.P.A.Z. so far, so yay : ) I had tried the demo, and didn't think it was worth 'full price', maybe partially because of the silly humor.

Tempted to get Dark Messiah, as so many have raved about it, but I remember giving it a 'demo' when it hit, and not being able to put more than an hour or so into it... But at 2.5 doll hairs (heh), I may just do it...

Almost bought Hitman, until I watched some gameplay videos (is not the game I was thinking it was).

Guess that about sums it up... How has everyone's 'cheeve' action been?

Happy Holidays ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: 5 Video Games With the Worst Bugs of 2011 Dec 30, 2011, 23:26 Alamar

Prez wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 17:11:
The wonderful thing about abstaining from buying games until several weeks or months afteer release is that I don't have to deal with the epic launch problems many games have. In another couple of weeks I'll be playing actual working and feature-complete versions of Stronghold 3 and SotS 2, while likely having paid considerably less than their launch prices. I am currently making my way through a wonderfully NON- broken Dead Island right now, with a totally-works-on-Win7 64 bit 'Arkham City" up next.

Not disputing your argument, as I agree, but I picked up dead island about a week after launch for a NON- broken set of play troughs.

-Alamar

News Comments > Guild Wars Interview
2. Re: Guild Wars Interview Dec 28, 2011, 11:57 Alamar

Wildone wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 10:57:
Can anyone say...featureeeee creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Don't worry, the creep will be in this thread shortly : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Dec 27, 2011, 23:48 Alamar

This has always been a tough argument, and I am kind of surprised by the lack of support here, where so many love the indies.

On the one hand, it hurts to come up with a cool idea, and have it ripped off by a group with more money, but that's in part, the nature of competition and consumerism.

Blizzard is a massive entity because of this... They 'stole' the RTS concept and made it into a great (set of) games... Same with Diablo and WoW...

Angry Birds made a crap ton of money 'ripping off' some guys idea and cute'ifying it...

But all this is exactly what the industry (and really, just about any creative industry) is based on...

Doesn't stop me from feeling bad for the 'little guy' though.

-Alamar

News Comments > On The Old Republic Queues
31. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 22, 2011, 12:20 Alamar

justice7 wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 11:17:
As for right now, there are 8 single player stories that are quite engaging to play through, and that should allow for plenty of time for new content to be released. I have read that they have the full development team still on staff, still working on new content.

Just want to point out, for those still 'on the fence', that this is a bit misleading... It's true that each class (not advanced class) has a unique story... However, that's like 20% of your questing, if not less... Meaning, 80% of your time is spent doing the same shit you did on your last character, and unlike some other games (WoW, for example), it is just about all in the same place and same order.

Each faction has 2 starting areas, but once you leave that one, you're in the same location as the other 2 classes.

But again, a lot of people seem to only level one character (even more so in the first <insert time period>), so you may forget most of these quests if you go back months later for your second char : )

I do recommend the game however... I'm enjoying it for what it has; a new/different story, involved story elements, etc... And I love that the wife and I can duo flashpoints, as they all require 4 people, but our 2 companions make up the other 2 slots... It hasn't been 'faceroll' easy, but once we learn the dynamics of a boss fight, we adjust and knock it out : )

-Alamar

7. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 21, 2011, 22:33 Alamar

heh... I came into this thread to mention my results... And wrote a rant : )

I was going to mention how I haven't seen much of the queue stuff yet, other than about 30-40 min (for a 15m estimate) queue yester-morning at 11am, but it was gone when friends logged in around 6 (which seems so backwards; on a work day).

Tonight however, I got one of those DCs where the game isn't smart enough to close for me... Instead, it gives me a server screen that I can't log into, because I've been disconnected for real this time, and I need to relaunch... Which put me in a queue... Which then DC'd me, and restarted the queue...

I should take the hint and play some more steam winter sale games, but I haven't played much TOR today, and I wanna : )

-Alamar

6. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 21, 2011, 22:30 Alamar

PropheT wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 21:52:
Bhruic wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 20:29:
That an MMO would launch today without thinking that maybe, just maybe they should have character transfers ready for launch is mind bogling.

Well, if the game came out yesterday and you had to re-roll on a new server you'd be out one day worth of low level character.

Not that it wouldn't be nice, I guess, it's just not something I'd want taking away from development time pre-release when it's not really a big deal coming out of the gate. Doing it because of queues at this point just moves the problem around rather than fixes it anyway.

While your point sounds logical and what not, I think it's flawed...

First of all, because of an entire week of pre-release... Which are typically the servers bogged down the most after launch day. A week is a long time for people obsessive enough to pre-order and get in to early launch...

Secondly, because it's simply not your time/investment... Losing 'a few hours' doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's still a few hours wasted... Somewhat inevitable in other cases, like the reason I coordinated with various groups of people to get on one server (so that I didn't have group A on server Z, and group B on server Y).

Thirdly, this complaint isn't going away in a week, month, etc... It's still going to be the exact same problem and complaint with people that have put in a bit more time.

Also, a lot of people really enjoy fresh content... I assume the number is astronomical, considering how many people have a 'main', and it's their only 'over XX level character', so they're even less likely to want to see the same shit over again, even (or more so) a day later.

My thoughts/stance? I find it disappointing that free transfers aren't avaialable on pre-launch day... It's not a new concept, and working it in from inception is easy enough that it won't be the big fiasco it was (with WoW, for example, when it was introduced).

-Alamar

1812 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo