Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1831 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2012, 20:29 Alamar

Made a pot of chili myself recently...

Ground beef, some cumin, some chill powder, a can of tomato soup, a jar of salsa, a can of Hunt's Spicy Red Pepper (THE black label heh), let simmer until hungry ; )

Very simple, and I enjoy it, though certain body parts I won't mention don't always appreciate it ; )

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Preorder Bonuses
1. Re: Borderlands 2 Preorder Bonuses Mar 3, 2012, 17:07 Alamar

Steamworks game that you can't preorder on steam first... Rather odd.

I don't doubt it will be added, but now I have to wait some more : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Steamworks Support
18. Re: Borderlands 2 Steamworks Support Feb 29, 2012, 15:14 Alamar

finga wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 14:26:
They didn't mention mods, just DLC. Steamworks doesn't necessarily come with mod support, even though it did with Skyrim (but that's it for now).

As far as the DLC thing, I don't think Gearbox has ever done the "day one DLC" thing, and only have launched their DLC post-release. And, I think more importantly, their DLC is actually pretty good and often worth the money, with the exception of whatever they put out for Duke Forever (due to the game itself) and that Moxxi DLC since it was just one big arena to play in.

I disagree with your 'exception'; I thought the first Borderlands DLC was nearly worthless. The others were well worth the 66 or 83% off; about as much as I want to pay for any new content.

'B2' will get much more of my money though. Day 1 most likely, but DLC after the inevitable GOTY edition.

-Alamar

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light Kickstarter
21. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Kickstarter Feb 28, 2012, 15:25 Alamar

I also want to point out... I love the rewards for this...

Named crew member, Named enemy in a custom event... That's good stuff : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games
69. Re: Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games Feb 28, 2012, 15:19 Alamar

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 14:38:
That said, you are aware that the only way to have privacy online is to not be online, right? If you don't believe that, and constitute it as a strawman, then well, there's no hope for you.

I admit my ignorance as to what the 'strawman argument' is, but will you admit that you don't know what the word hope means? : )

Hope implies the results of the future, not the present... You mean it as an insult, but I'm allowed to call it out; like fixing grammar in a post about poor grammar : )

-Alamar

67. Re: Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games Feb 28, 2012, 15:09 Alamar

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 11:44:
EA has a very long, nearly two decades long history of fucking people right in the face. Then pissing on them, and telling them that it was their hearts desire.

Hey now... some people like this kind of thing, so let's not judge ; )

-Alamar

17. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Kickstarter Feb 28, 2012, 13:56 Alamar

Prez wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 13:50:
EA and Activision and their ilk can't go the way of the fucking dodo fast enough to suit me.

Same here. I suspect the industry would be in disarray if every project was community-sourced, but at the very least I'd like to see the soulless, mega publishers completely and utterly devoid of any vision beyond dollar signs gone forever.

As far as this project goes, $10,000 may not sound like much, but I can't imagine that "Space Pirates and Zombies", a space combat game itself, had a development budget of much higher than that, and it was ridiculously addicting and fun. At least to me it was, anyway.

I enjoyed SPAZ, or at least the first half (or so)... need to go back to it : )

But let's throw around some numbers...

A lot of hobby projects (that go somewhere), start with two people, and they take half a year to make (not unreasonable). Two half years makes one full 'man year'. Given that arbitrary example, I would have to argue that 10k is not nearly enough : )

Even given a 3 month cycle, that's half a 'man year', and 10k isn't enough... I'm assuming 'no other significant sources of income', and lots of noodles, and rent/heat/elec/food/etc still costs more than that (unless they live together : ).

I make a lot of assumptions, as your post seems to, but in the end... Hobbyists will get shit done for cheap, but a 'reasonable' cost of living is far different : )

Mmmmm... Noodles...

-Alamar

14. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Kickstarter Feb 28, 2012, 13:16 Alamar

I'm not quite sure what's going on in that video, but it does look interesting.

I'm confused though, because when I looked at it (years ago and weeks ago), it said projects could only be started by US 'entities' (an amazon banking/escrow type limitation), but I guess even if you're outside the US, you can use a US account/address/whatever.

-Alamar

15. Re: Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games Feb 28, 2012, 10:59 Alamar

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 10:54:
Alamar wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 10:50:
As a security minded person, this annoys me, because they're scanning my system without my permission...
It depends how it is being done. The serial keys are stored in the registry and if Origin is simply accessing the registry keys for EA products then there is no security concern. It can only be considered a positive move.

In many ways, reading the registry could have more of a security impact... Either way, I'm sure someone will watch procmon closely and let us (the world) know the results if they find anything...

InBlack wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 10:52:
So Origin checks the files on your computer, but somehow does that without reading them?? I never heard of any software to be capable of divination before this but I gotta say Im impressed...

You can generate a list of files on a Windows PC without opening any of them.. As well as get the file size.

-Alamar

12. Re: Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games Feb 28, 2012, 10:50 Alamar

As a security minded person, this annoys me, because they're scanning my system without my permission... (assumption)

As a gamer, this annoys me, because they're wasting resources that could be better spent with a .01 fps increase...

As a consumer, I love this shit, because now I have two 'copies' of my games...

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Skill Calculator Updated
29. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Updated Feb 27, 2012, 21:11 Alamar

Hammer wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 20:43:
What? Are you saying, that because you're not OBLIGATED to do so, that you won't enjoy it as much??!?

Hey...I find a different weapon...I might go down a difficulty level and try out a different playstyle - but I don't be FORCED to start from scratch to do so!

I can see both sides of that... While you can just level up a new character, and use new skills, and I have always been so very pro choice (yay for respecs), a lot of people don't like it... In part, maybe, because of the inability to use the OP abilities when the other ones are available. But also because in the D2 style, you made a specific ability (or set of) stronger each level. D3 abilities all automatically get stronger, and a lot of people don't like not being locked in.

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Skill Calculator Updated
23. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Updated Feb 27, 2012, 18:21 Alamar

Krovven wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 13:42:
Optional nickname wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 12:50:
meanwhile we know nothing about it

Edit: I should have looked at your previous posts before wasting my time with a response. Optional is a troll, just like Wildone. So very very sad that some people have no lives.

I'm sure I've had the same thoughts about some of your posts, and I'm sure others have had those about mine...

That's the nature of any online community : )

Edit:
Prez wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 18:13:
Communication involves listening and understanding as well as speaking.

I find this funny, because I'm pretty sure he was responding to Hammer's comment : )

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2012, 18:37.

News Comments > Hawken Gets $10M in Funding
17. Re: Hawken Gets $10M in Funding Feb 27, 2012, 18:12 Alamar

This is good news...

Not sure I'll like this game, but it's pretty impressive nonetheless.

-Alamar

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 26, 2012, 12:33 Alamar

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 12:16:
Is Anne Marie Rasmusson too hot to have a driver's license?

Every guy clicks article link and immediately scrolls to pictures.

hahahaha.... ya... Though my first thought was... Why is this on a gaming site... And that's still my question : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Sons of Anarchy Game?
14. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 25, 2012, 23:13 Alamar

born2expire wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 17:37:
Cutter wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 13:52:
I've never understood the appeal of bikers. I've always viewed them as dirty criminal scumbags.

I've always viewed them as antisocial loaners who don't see anything good from "society" and created their own brotherhood.

Do those antisocial, or loners, really create brotherhoods? : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Syndicate Solicits Pirates
55. Re: Syndicate Solicits Pirates Feb 25, 2012, 23:08 Alamar

Luke wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 19:25:
And yet another console game has been released to pc smashing your keyboard to open this door or getting free from chair...once there were games for pc now its all converted console games Clown īs

I will agree this is a typically-Console aspect... But I hate it equally across any platform : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears
107. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 25, 2012, 10:52 Alamar

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/ was updated for Patch 13... Though it's buggy... You have to manually match up the sections, as the calculator (and not the game) will let you pick basic LMB skills for other slots (for example).

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 25, 2012, 10:49 Alamar

$4 for The Baconing seems like a good deal, but the previous titles in the 'franchise' are not on sale, and I don't want to start on a later instalment...

Wonder when the next Steam sale is... Summer is too far away... How about a march break sale? : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears
100. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 22:55 Alamar

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 21:56:
Prez wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 21:35:
The anger, hurt, and resentment towards Blizzard is so strong that it's almost like a bad breakup.

Yeah, in a way it kind of is. I've spent almost as much time with Blizzard games as I have ever spent in a relationship, and my 20th wedding anniversary is right around the corner!

That's it exactly. I'd read years ago (which I could find it now) about how basically your best customers (and fans, in this case) become emotionally invested. And how, once things go south, they can also turn into your most vocal detractors.

Nexflix's implosion last year is a fine example of that too. People, myself included, used to love them. But once they felt like the company had strayed too far, the knives came out, and it got ugly in a hurry.

Converts, whether to or from, are usually the strongest believers/supporters in a product/idea/theology/etc... In part, because they started on the other side, and the argument won them over... If they finally 'saw the light', then it must be the best answer...

-Alamar

News Comments > Syndicate Solicits Pirates
12. Re: Syndicate Solicits Pirates Feb 24, 2012, 22:53 Alamar

Dev wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 22:12:
I didn't even know this had come out yet. I welcome comments from anyone who has tried it.

This isn't out yet.. I just checked Steam...

-Alamar

1831 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo