Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1779 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Anno 2070 Content Update
13. Re: Anno 2070 Content Update Feb 13, 2012, 15:53 Alamar

deqer wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 12:54:
My god. Fuck games these days, with in-game purchasing and paid content shit. Seriously, go fuck yourselves. I feel sorry for the newbs that buy into this shit.

Ya... Paid content shit is... shit... I remember the days when all expansions were free... wait, what?

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect 3
25. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect 3 Feb 13, 2012, 11:36 Alamar

Verno wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 10:48:
Give him a break, it's not every day nin posts more than 5 words.

Perhaps not, but based on his post count, it is every day that nin posts : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect 3
24. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect 3 Feb 13, 2012, 11:34 Alamar

Blue, I think you let slip in a typo...

Surely "That is correct. The demo will be released for Xbox 360, PC, and PS3 on Feb. 14th! :)." shouldn't have included the 'PC' part...

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 12, 2012, 19:47 Alamar

Creston wrote on Feb 12, 2012, 19:30:
So, any verdicts on Kingdoms of Amalur?

Creston

You can run around as a 'mage' using dual chakrams for (medium) ranged damage combos... fun stuff : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Tim Schafer on Game Budgets
16. Re: Quoteworthy - Tim Schafer on Game Budgets Feb 12, 2012, 14:46 Alamar

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 12, 2012, 09:27:
Also doesn't help when you have associated one voice to a big tv-role or movie role and suddenly you hear it in Skyrim, it completely jades immersion for me.

The stupid emperor in Oblivion was a prime example, and then there is that Dark Brotherhood guy.....

It depends on the actor... I've heard Patrick Stewart in various games, going back to Lands or Lore, and the first few seconds, it was like... hey.. that's so and so... Then I get back to the content (what they're saying) : )

Now, if it were Gilbert Gottfried, or bobcat goldthwait, that'd be a whole other issue : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Helicopter parents Feb 10, 2012, 14:24 Alamar

Ratty wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 10:56:
So funny. Right out of my favorite Everybody Loves Raymond episode ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cThuaPUD_Q

Good times... One of the few shows where I have the entire collection on DVD... Course, it helps that they were like $15 a season... : )

I stopped buying TV Shows (and movies, I guess) though... Takes up too much room : )

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 9, 2012, 01:41 Alamar

Played through the Scoregasm demo, and I liked it... It wouldn't work on Steam, so I went to their site and grabbed it.

Lots going on, and I found it a bit too easy at times, which is fine for a demo. Kind of reminds me of shatter (different genre, but lots going on, and similar graphics style).

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Feb 8, 2012, 02:51 Alamar

I was expecting a whole thread of bad comments coming in here... Nice surprise : ) Wasn't this the game people were talking about how generic it was? Like any other fantasy story isn't heh...

Anyhow, just played the demo, and one thing I really like, is that the 'mage' path can use weapon combo's... And Chakram's (a mage weapon) are fun : )

I regret not trying the combo for the scepter though...

Looking at the skill trees, that don't really seem to add much overall, do seem to add charge attacks to the attack chains though... Could be interesting...

I don't think it's worth launch day price though, just based on some of the bugs, and needs-some-work UI (clicking items, weapons, equip, etc is not only a tired design, it doesn't always react to my clicks).

When is the steam summer sale? : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition Feb 7, 2012, 23:44 Alamar

Techie714 wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 23:10:
WOOT!!!

And about time... now I only have to wait for it to be on (a steam) sale for $15 : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Press Beta
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Press Beta Feb 6, 2012, 21:37 Alamar

Calwen wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 21:32:
Glad to see they're on track.

Dear Press,

Please tell Anet their game is wonderful and perfect and does not need to be delayed.

Yours truly,
~An impatient fan

The industry (and doubly so for massives) surely need more buggy, rushed releases ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Feb 6, 2012, 11:46 Alamar

Nighthawk wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 11:07:
I wish I still had my old Quake 1 shareware CD...

So you could ebay it for the big bucks? : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 6, 2012, 03:19 Alamar

Bhruic wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 03:08:
ForgedReality wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 01:40:
Skyrim is STILL selling gobs of copies, even with a hugely-discounted game in the running. I'd say that's pretty impressive, rather than the opposite.

I've been told that the top 10 is based on sales dollars rather than sales numbers. If true, then it's a bit less impressive, as W:SM would have to sell a LOT more copies to make up for the sale price difference.

Which, oddly enough, is why they have sales ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday?
8. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 5, 2012, 16:43 Alamar

pagb wrote on Feb 5, 2012, 16:31:
Why is people so retarded about RAGE and it's textures? Megatexture is a tech that will do better as hardware progresses... RAGE is 22gb and uses ~1,2gb of video memory in my system.

Why on earth would you want higher res textures? To whine about a 50gb download? Or to whine because your video card can't handle it?

I'll ignore the irony in your post for the sake of discussion.

But as a game where the PC version is limited by outdated consoles, hardware has already progressed quite a bit, and considering the number of complaints, I have to assume it looks bad : )

Edit: Plus, it's an id game; 'Superior' by way of graphics and nothing more. If their newest continues with flat gameplay AND it doesn't look amazing, what is there?

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 2, 2012, 22:49 Alamar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 22:20:
Space Marine is 12.00 at greeman for a couple more hours. No one answered me.....think i wil just get it.

This is really tempting, but I believe that, by the time I can put the effort into it, it'll have been on steam for $5, so I'll wait : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Previews
11. Re: Morning Previews Feb 2, 2012, 18:21 Alamar

{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 15:55:
Got mine last night as well.

With the amount of people that received them yesterday, I think it is safe to say the beta will not last much longer.

This was my original thinking, but looking at the later posts, and my own experiences, I highly doubt it...

I logged in around 6 ish I think last night... latency was ~300, but over the night steadily rose to 800 or so... At times the game was really unresponsive, such as being booted, but not really, and having to Alt+F4 (this is quicker SirKnight : ) to close it... WoW has had this exact same problem, likely for exact same reasons... requiring a network response to leave a game... Such a bad little bit of design...

In short, the game reacts like it should... Requiring you being online, and constantly validated is crap... I got to play the game with a lower latency/ping, and I enjoy it, but they also choose an odd thing for projectiles... Instead of lag making it go super fast (because you don't know about it until half a second after it started), it puts the projectile where it should be, but half a second later... All I really mean is, my spells weren't visible because by the time the server said yes, ok, you cast <insert spell>, the mob is already dead from it : )

There are a few other annoyances in game, like a stupid pop up that tells me that not all my armor slots are filled (you can't get shoulders and necklaces at low level), but they didn't think to add a link between that and whether you have an unequipped item (for that slot).

So ya, maybe it's close to being ready from a non-network point of view, but I highly doubt they'd let out something running this badly... But they've gone through this process before (WoW's launch sucked for similar reasons), so it might not take a long long time (months).

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Feb 2, 2012, 11:50 Alamar

Seems that a lot of beta invites went out yesterday... Stress testing? Nearing completion?

I got mine, then my boss got his (we played till 2am), then found out the wife got hers... If I had any more friends, I'm sure they got theirs too : )

-Alamar

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
8. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Feb 1, 2012, 20:57 Alamar

shinchan0s wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 18:58:
Oh look, it's Alamar, Blizzard's Shining White Knight.

I wasn't going to respond to this, because, seriously...

But the timing was too good to pass up... Got a D3 Beta invite today : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Demo
13. Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Demo Feb 1, 2012, 20:38 Alamar

Prez wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 18:44:
Well, Silent Storm was real time until you ran into enemies, at which point it went into Turn Based mode. But, you could force real time by cancelling out of TB mode, which was actually pretty useful if you wanted to run up and katana some people, for example.

That's exactly how JA2 worked, but not how this game works. This game has more in common with Synapsis, which makes it a lesser game imo. It went from a 'must-buy' to a " maybe on a sale" with that change.

Dude... who the hell are you kidding? We 'all' know that if this game is on steam (and it is), you'll own it... I dare you... hell, I double dog dare you to not buy it ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2012, 13:39 Alamar

Wasn't your snowstorm also pre-winter? : )

We've had a few up here, but I've been able to maintain my shorts-wearing nonetheless : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Star Conflict Closed Beta Signups
2. Re: Star Conflict Closed Beta Signups Feb 1, 2012, 13:37 Alamar

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 12:15:
This is basically a fps in space that is called a MMO.

It's not clear on whether you thought that was good or bad : )

fps - first person shooter... So that already fits most 'space combat/sim' games...

Don't know that the MMO part adds anything, but I didn't take a deep look... Does look like it could be fun though ; )

And F2P fits, so hopefully Blue lets us know when it hits 'shelves' : )

-Alamar

1779 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo