Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1767 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access
19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access Mar 13, 2012, 11:28 Alamar

nin wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 11:21:

Can GW2 be played / adventured, alone? as I have no friends.

We had a Blue's group years ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see it reforming, in some configuration.

But then we'd have to play with the likes of you!

heh : )

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access Mar 13, 2012, 11:08 Alamar

Teddy wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 11:00:
The PVP thing is NOT an unlock. It says itself "Earn some Glory with this ONE-TIME USE Chalice." It sounds very much like it's a currency bonus for PVP same as the one time use guild currency bonus. Either way, one time use bonuses are pathetic offerings for the extra money they're asking.

'Earn some extra Glory with this one-time use chalice. Use Glory to unlock rewards in PvP as well as compare your progress against other players.'

Ok, so semantically, if 'Glory' is the PvP currency, it's not directly an unlock, but that doesn't change the argument that it makes sense being one time (either per character or per account and shared across characters).

-Alamar

News Comments > Gratuitous Tank Battles Preorders Get Beta Access
1. Re: Gratuitous Tank Battles Preorders Get Beta Access Mar 13, 2012, 11:02 Alamar

Ya know... The first third or so, I was pretty unimpressed (needs more explosions maybe? Plus, I couldn't hear anything, so maybe the volume is too low), but the amount of customization shown later in the vid... (easy mode map making, unit modifications) Good stuff ; )

So I'm glad I watched the whole thing, and nice work : )

-Alamar

12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access Mar 13, 2012, 10:54 Alamar

Teddy wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 10:42:
Having just checked the game's site, the DDE looks WEAK. For the extra $20, you get a one time use PVP bonus, a one time use Guild influence bonus, a mobile banker that says you only get to use him for 5 days, and one elite skill unique to the DDE/Collectors buyers.

So 3 of the bonuses simply vanish on you after use or x amount of days, leaving you with the only worthwhile bonus of the skill which has to be balanced out so it's not OP anyways.

Edit: Forgot there's also a non-combat pet (miniature) that doesn't vanish.

Why is that worth another 33% cost?

The PVP thing is an unlock, and the guild thing gives your guild 'currency', so it makes sense they're one time uses...

The banker though, for 5 days, makes no sense... So you can access your bank for the very early part of your character's 'career'... If it's per character, maybe the idea is for twinking, but I'd imagine the bank would be available in major cities at least, so yes, very odd it's time limited.

Also, Blue, any idea why your text says 'three-day head start', and the press release you copied says 'one-day headstart'? Their site also listed three... Odd...

-Alamar

News Comments > "Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month
24. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 12:07 Alamar

I had bypassed the Crysis hype, so Crysis 2 was the first I played... I enjoyed it enough to pick up the first and first.5 (warhead).

Going from the second to the first kind of sucked in some ways, such as the controls not being as friendly, but I adjusted well enough...

I think I enjoyed all the games, but I'm not a fan of running through forests (where mobs can snipe you from a mile away, because the 30 trees and bushes in the way aren't hiding me or something).

I also didn't (gasp) like Far Cry... I think I got far enough to get to some beached boat, and lost interest... Haven't even seen what FC2 was about.

-Alamar

News Comments > Scrolls Will Be Scrolls
16. Re: Scrolls Will Be Scrolls Mar 11, 2012, 17:40 Alamar

The most disappointing part of this entire fiasco was the lack of some good Q3 action ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Scrolls Will Be Scrolls
5. Re: Scrolls Will Be Scrolls Mar 11, 2012, 13:58 Alamar

Beelzebud wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 13:40:
I don't care what anyone says, this was a scumbag move from Bethesda.

I totally agree, other than changing your sentence to Mojang : )

-Alamar

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
45. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 10, 2012, 11:50 Alamar

Prez wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 11:41:
This is something they have steadfastly refused to do in the past; time will tell if it marks a change for the worse or the better for Blizzard.

Can you elaborate on what you're referring to? Blizzard has delayed 'major' features in every single game (and expansion) they've released since D2 (and likely every other game before that, including lost vikings ; ).

This is also a company that is patching Diablo 2 and Warcraft III, how many years later? I'll take this kind of devotion, and feature delay, over other companies (EA? Ubi?) shoveling shit out and forgetting about it months later : )

-Alamar

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
35. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 10, 2012, 08:47 Alamar

Dades wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 08:44:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 22:19:
To be fair, Blizzard games tends to evolve over time. It's very much like TF2 in that respect, as the launch game bares little relation to how it will end up. The lack of any one particular feature at launch isn't important to the overall legacy of the game. At least this way people can enjoy the storyline and get into PVP later, which will actually make for a better experience.

To be fair nothing, this is an essential multiplayer feature that shipped in previous games. Stop making excuses for them.

To be fair, you need to realize that, as much as you want this feature in, they want it in more. Unlike this thread, they deal in real priorities and cost-benefit ratios.

-Alamar

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month
13. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 9, 2012, 12:52 Alamar

Never did play a Tribes game I liked...

But I did love excessive UT gameplay, which involved a lot of 'rocket jumping' and what not... Lil different than what I saw in the vid, but it could be fun : )

-Alamar

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 9, 2012, 10:19 Alamar

Alawar Entertainment

So confusing...

-Alamar

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: When Gaming Is Good for You. Mar 8, 2012, 00:41 Alamar

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 21:37:
People who played action-based video and computer games made decisions 25% faster than others without sacrificing accuracy

Too bad 75% of the time that decision is to play more videogames instead of doing some work.

heh nice : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
34. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 16:03 Alamar

Signatus wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 15:56:
Cutter wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 14:53:
More and more I'm starting to see all these old overhyped developers like Molyneux, Garriot, et al. as people who really weren't all that talented but only surrounded themselves with good talent and took credit for it.

I think (and hope) that the reason why these people started churning out hyped games that turned out to be nothing were the publishers behind them.

I have a lot of respect for both, as I have for Will Wright and Sid Meier. Sadly only Sid seems to still try to please us.

Sadly, I agree with Cutter... ptooey... bad taste.

Anyhow, this is also true in any other form of media... We like certain actors or films because of the hundreds if not thousands of people involved, not just because they have <insert recent popular actor>. Not saying these people aren't talented (or those mentioned), but it's a team effort, but we, as humans, need labels and other forms of simplification, ergo celebrityism ; )

I remember back when this push was just starting in PC Games, and that it was a purely intentional (and fake) process to try and bring PC Games 'up to' where hollywood movies were at, at least for easy recognition, but again, all it really means is that the majority of people who put in a lot of good/quality work don't get 'credit' (or rather, fame).

-Alamar

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
32. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 15:53 Alamar

Optional nickname wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 11:00:
I actually really liked Black & White, and am sad that there may never be another sequel to this again, although PS3 recently has something called: 'From Dust' which may or may not be similar.

To all who bash Peter and his pioneer works, FU.

eidle eidle eee... eidle eidle eee...

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2012, 11:58 Alamar

kanniballl wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 10:30:
Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 10:25:
The only reason Terra Nova even got a full season order with those production costs was Spielberg's backing. Very poorly executed show overall, I've rarely been so bored while watching something with so much potential.
It really did have potential, to the point where I can't see HOW they managed to screw it up. It had:
  • Time Travel

• Dinosaurs

• Conspiracy (people in the future want to do... something)

• Bad guys in the past

• Guy from Avatar (did a great job here)

• Guy from US-version of Life on Mars (also did a good job)

• Skye was alright (I remember her from "Kings")

• It had a lot of cool things going for it... and yet it just failed.

I blame part of it on dedicated too-much-time each weekend on the family-oriented stuff. I'm fine with SOME family stuff going on (keeps the main character grounded, shows what they're all fighting for) but it just seemed like too much. Add to that, the son was the worst character on TV in the past year (annoying + stupid + inconsistent).

Some people whined about the SFX, but considering it was a TV show it was alright. My only gripe was that "animated gif" of the large fish they showed... that was weak sauce. But besides that, even their worst effects were passable for TV.

I know NOTHING about this show, but based on your Life on Mars comment (and the list), it makes me think this is another copy of a good BBC show, that I can't remember the name of.... Primeval.. I think...

-Alamar

News Comments > Darksiders II Preorder Upgrade
    2. Re: Darksiders II Preorder Upgrade Mar 6, 2012, 11:46 Alamar

Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 10:14:
    THQ really boned this type of stuff with SR3 so be careful if you're plunking down money. Many people didn't have access to any DLC for up to 2 weeks after release. I really enjoyed the first game for what it was so I'll probably grab it regardless.

But there shouldn't be any DLC in the first 2 weeks after release... And if there is, BluesNewsian's will again join in the uproar : )

I also enjoyed Darksiders, and am considering a pre-order (though more likely, within the last week before launch), but it depends on the timing of other goodies, like Diablo 3 : ) April 17th FTW

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2012, 20:29 Alamar

Made a pot of chili myself recently...

Ground beef, some cumin, some chill powder, a can of tomato soup, a jar of salsa, a can of Hunt's Spicy Red Pepper (THE black label heh), let simmer until hungry ; )

Very simple, and I enjoy it, though certain body parts I won't mention don't always appreciate it ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Preorder Bonuses
    1. Re: Borderlands 2 Preorder Bonuses Mar 3, 2012, 17:07 Alamar

Steamworks game that you can't preorder on steam first... Rather odd.

I don't doubt it will be added, but now I have to wait some more : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Steamworks Support
    18. Re: Borderlands 2 Steamworks Support Feb 29, 2012, 15:14 Alamar

finga wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 14:26:
    They didn't mention mods, just DLC. Steamworks doesn't necessarily come with mod support, even though it did with Skyrim (but that's it for now).

As far as the DLC thing, I don't think Gearbox has ever done the "day one DLC" thing, and only have launched their DLC post-release. And, I think more importantly, their DLC is actually pretty good and often worth the money, with the exception of whatever they put out for Duke Forever (due to the game itself) and that Moxxi DLC since it was just one big arena to play in.

I disagree with your 'exception'; I thought the first Borderlands DLC was nearly worthless. The others were well worth the 66 or 83% off; about as much as I want to pay for any new content.

'B2' will get much more of my money though. Day 1 most likely, but DLC after the inevitable GOTY edition.

-Alamar

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light Kickstarter
    21. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Kickstarter Feb 28, 2012, 15:25 Alamar

I also want to point out... I love the rewards for this...

Named crew member, Named enemy in a custom event... That's good stuff : )

-Alamar

1767 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 36.
    < Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo