Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1780 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
32. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 15:02 Alamar

deqer wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:57:
Alamar wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:46:
a nice helm with 44 int, 102 vit, +9 xp (blah) and a socket (currently at 13% MF)...

blah blah, blablablah ?

Finally, we can agree on the content of all your posts...

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:46 Alamar

Just played around with the AH myself... There is SOOOOOO much stuff on there, it's a pain in the ass... Can't sort by time left, or bid... The two sorts I would find most useful... So I spammed through 10-20 pages per item for stuff nearly done (and cheap enough)...

Beyond that, it's addictive... I picked up three pieces for about 30k, one of which is a nice helm with 44 int, 102 vit, +9 xp (blah) and a socket (currently at 13% MF)...

Edit: heh... regarding the Hot Fix notes... Never seen Mehtan before, but just got him twice...

-Alamar

This comment was edited on May 24, 2012, 15:00.

1. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 12:25 Alamar

Lots of complaints from peeps that built their chars around Smoke Screen or the Force Armor rune... Game breaking bugs get fixed... More at eleven...

I'm looking forward to trying out Force Armor myself... Looks like a real handy ability... If I don't foret to keep it up... Not a big fan of short term buffs in general, but 2(or 4 with a juicy passive) isn't that horrible, especially with 1-2 other 5m buffs in my build : )

-Alamar

News Comments > ShootMania Storm Beta Signups & Trailer
15. Re: ShootMania Storm Beta Signups & Trailer May 24, 2012, 11:33 Alamar

This takes me back to my UT Excessive nastalgia...

And the one (of many) times I was called a cheater... There is no bigger compliment in an FPS : )

I was all about the shock boom... Love that shit : )

As for SM... I agree with earlier comments, and I'm unlikely to buy it, or even play for free, now that I'm older and slower : )

As for easy mode map making... It's a bad idea... Back when it took a lot of effort to make (and publish) a map, the choices for players were easy (and few)... Now that everyone can put together their own crappy map, and get it on the ever-increasing list, it just becomes too much work to find a map to play with... Brick Force is the same; there are hundreds of published maps that have 0 download/play count, because it's not worth the time for people to try out the new maps... Maybe the Planet sites need to come back and rate maps ; ) Then I can re-release CTF-HouseOfCards, with some environment (non square walls/tunnels) enhancements : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Security
45. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 23, 2012, 09:50 Alamar

InBlack wrote on May 23, 2012, 07:52:
While its true that most users are to blame when it comes to their account security there have been a number of reports of people loosing their accounts by simply playing in open games with 'hackers' who somehow manage to bypass the security wholesale?

First, you're going to trust the judgement of those that were hacked (that they know precisely when it happened)?

Surely, it couldn't be that they heard some (officially) disputed rumor and jumped on that bandwagon...

It's always astounded me how badly (and often) people connect things, usually based on two occurrences... I washed my car last week, and it rained 36m later... Then I washed my bike and it rained 6m later... Which totally makes sense, because I used rain-barrel water, and the car weighs 6x that of the bike.

-Alamar

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Security
30. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 23, 2012, 01:23 Alamar

Sepharo wrote on May 23, 2012, 00:48:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 23, 2012, 00:22:
Considering you can glean the answers to most security questions in about 30 seconds because people are idiots and post everything online, I'm sure you can see the problem already. Facebook makes circumventing that trivial, especially since most people use a school, town, pet, or current s/o as their questions.

I'm on all the social networks and I post a lot of info publicly. I challenge you to go find my mother's maiden name and my pet's name in 30 seconds (or I suppose just one of them in 30 seconds)... GO!

No cheating either, you only get 30 seconds, and I'm pretty sure the info is out there somewhere.

I thought this might be fun... But 30s isn't very long heh... Couldn't find the stuff you mentioned...

However, Initials of T.B. (or A.B. if we're talking legal names... Same initials as your sister or perhaps cousin)... And I think it's cool where you Interned in 07... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
147. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 20:19 Alamar

Prez wrote on May 21, 2012, 19:13:
Remember the days when a big game was released and the main story was the game itself, not the DRM, broken servers, and cash shop hacking? *SIGH*

Blizzard was better when they were game-makers first, not businessmen.

I don't think that observation is related to Blizzard or Diablo at all... This is just the state of the world now... Even this site is a good example of it... Every story/product about anything people are interested in gets scrutinized like crazy, and that's not likely to ever let up...

The thing people don't seem to understand about security, however, is that while they might (ignorantly) think you can just throw money at a problem and it'll go away, the security landscape is always changing... Some exploits discovered today weren't even conceived when some software was made, so how do you protect against the future?

-Alamar

25. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 12:51 Alamar

ASeven wrote on May 21, 2012, 12:21:
Yifes wrote on May 21, 2012, 12:18:
ASeven wrote on May 21, 2012, 11:58:
Anyone who bought this game under the premise this wouldn't be hacked:

WE FUCKING TOLD YOU SO

Who said this couldn't be hacked or are you just arguing with yourself and winning?

Hmm is this a new tactic from rabid fanboys, denying what they said in the past?

Were you referring to yourself, or the previous poster? : )

Give it a second and let it sink in...

-Alamar

11. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 12:10 Alamar

DeadlyAccurate wrote on May 21, 2012, 11:55:
There are several seriously delusional fanboys who are insistent that there's no way in hell Blizzard could be at fault. Even though people with strong passwords got hacked (they should've had an authenticator); and even when people who had authenticators got hacked (they're lying about having one). They're pulling out the old "it never happened to me, so it couldn't have happened to you" response. I'm pretty sure I've never felt that much blind loyalty toward anyone, even my awesome husband.

While it's possible that Blizzard could be at fault, the likelihood is; so does that make me delusional or just educated : )

I do find the comments that 'online DRM' should prevent this funny... Did these people never play a massive?

Blizzard has done quite a lot, even if it's not noticeable to most, to combat hacking, but like every other compang that has to deal with it, they know it's ongoing and will never be solved.

I've never had any accounts of mine hacked, mostly due to my usage habits and knowledge, but that doesn't mean it can't/won't happen, but you can bet your butt I won't be whining to whatever service it happens to be for about it : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive
22. Re: Wasteland 2 May 19, 2012, 15:56 Alamar

Creston wrote on May 19, 2012, 14:02:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 19, 2012, 12:52:
For all the hate some here are putting on D3, I hope they give the same hate to EA and didn't buy BF3.

I didn't, actually. I also never bought any of the Ubisoft games that came with the always-on DRM. I also have not bought D3.

Ah, consistency. How many others here can say that? (I know Seph can.)

Creston

Oh oh oh.. I'm consistent... I have D3 because I like it, and don't have BF because I don't : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 13:37 Alamar

Bucky wrote on May 19, 2012, 12:26:
My Barb is level 30 and chugging through Act III. I've created one of each class, but none of the others have even gotten past the Skeleton King yet. Once I finish normal with the Barb I'll probably take another class (non-melee) through; any votes on which one?

I've died a few times with the Barb, mostly because of the play style that class encourages: rush in and keep swinging. It's easy to get in over your head if you're not careful.

I went through on a Barb first... And am messing around with a Wizard now, so that's what I would suggest ; )

As for Barb... past lvl 15 (maybe a bit earlier), I stopped dying... I would Furious Charge into a group... Ground Stomp (with suction) to stun, then Rend and if it's up, Revenge... I'm hoping most of this spec will be viable in later content, but I may have to change Charge to Leap or some such...

-Alamar

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed May 19, 2012, 13:33 Alamar

deqer wrote on May 19, 2012, 12:05:
oh hai guys,

this might seem off-topic, but here's a link to 28 pages of refund threads.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?q=refunds&f=post&forum=3354739

This brings up a really good point...

If you want to 'vote with your money'... Don't not buy something... scream for a refund instead... Taking money away from a company is tracked... not buying (much like piracy in general) can't be.

-Alamar

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
49. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 13:13 Alamar

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 18, 2012, 13:05:
Creston wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:56:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:53:
Have they announced a release date? Wasn't obvious on the site so I'm guessing not, but figured I might as well ask..

No, they haven't yet. Obviously they're going to give Diablo 3 a wide berth, so—barring any unforeseen issues—it'll be out somewhere in July or August, I'm guessing.

Creston

I thought it was more of a fall release? Did I pull that out of thin air? Sticks in my mind for some reason...what else is this fall that I might be confusing this with? When is GTA5?

Steam says summer for TL2, if that's worth anything : )

I'm also one of those odd people enjoying D3, and will enjoy TL2 (hopefully)...

Edit: Oh and Grim Dawn : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Darksiders II Trailer
2. Re: Darksiders II Trailer May 18, 2012, 11:26 Alamar

Nice trailer, but nothing about the game... Sadly, like most trailers...

Anyhow... likely a close to release purchase for me... Enjoyed the first one (and need to run through it again).

-Alamar

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
28. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 11:16 Alamar

InBlack wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:51:
Darks wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:46:
InBlack wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:31:
I really, really hope they iron out the bugs in the Diablo3 engine. Im having a lot of fun with the game but jesus christ their engine SUCKS MAJOR BALLS....Its playable....sort of....but I cant imagine anyone making a hardcore character for D3 at this moment.

What the hell are you talking about? What issues? Other then the launch issues that have been fixed, there have been no other problems. In fact we spent the last two days playing the game 3 or more hours at a time and not once did the game crash out or boot anyone out with a problem. I think some needs to take his meds.

You are either A) a Liar B) a Blizzard fanboy C) One of the few people who can play the game without the INFAMOUS STUTTERING, ASSET LOADING ISSUE.

Telling the truth, and being wrong, are two separate things...

But hey, let's not answer his question, because that would be silly... I'm curious what about the engine 'SUCKS MAJOR BALLS'... I've put about 24 hours of playing in, have seen a few minor issues, but have no idea what you're freaking out about...

So in short, I think, you are either A) a Liar B) a Blizzard hateboy C) One of the few people who have had the INFAMOUS STUTTERING, ASSET LOADING ISSUE.

For myself, I've had a few rubber bands, one at a time (thank Zeus), and noticed the achievements are fucked (and saw a post about it), but even playing on my 'shitty' 6MBPS connection, and downloading (using the whole pipe), the game was laggy, but playable... Course, I was on a low lvl wiz at the time... If I were on my barb in NM, I could be foaming like you, unless of course I just paused my download ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Gratuitous Tank Battles
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Gratuitous Tank Battles May 17, 2012, 21:49 Alamar

Gratzies... That's looking pretty cool : )

Though, I think it should have been called Gratuitous Land Battles, but I'm sure you had your reasons ; )

So the good is, you get a steam key from the official website... but it costs ~25% more (than on steam).

-Alamar

News Comments > Two Borderlands 2 CEs Announced
26. Re: Two Borderlands 2 CEs Announced May 17, 2012, 15:03 Alamar

Verno wrote on May 17, 2012, 14:05:
I think he means the permanent treasure find buff is what bugs him and I guess I can see that.

I'd be pissed having that buff... Because every time another POS item dropped, I'd be like... fuck... what happened to the extra I payed for this worthless shit : )

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 17, 2012, 14:47:
And gotta keep your eyes open, SR3 was 15.00 at GMG yesterday....

Friend o mine just picked this up for like $7 (he just said about 4 heh) or some crazy shit a week or two ago... Not quite sure how; perhaps just a steam trade thingy, which is apparently popular on reddit... But the one time I visited that site, I didn't see it : )

-Alamar

This comment was edited on May 17, 2012, 15:19.

News Comments > Two Borderlands 2 CEs Announced
16. Re: Two Borderlands 2 CEs Announced May 17, 2012, 13:57 Alamar

I generally stay away from CE's, but I think the Ultimate Loot Chest LE is awesome, even with sauce...

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
256. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 15:07 Alamar

Verno wrote on May 16, 2012, 09:16:
It's pretty hilarious and I don't know how I will ever give up the Fists of Thunder + Thunderclap rune.

Talking Barbie here...

I felt this way about Cleave (in beta), and enjoyed it up until the level I got Frenzy, which holy crap, I am having fun with... with a slow weapon, it was great... Big numbers very fast... With a fast weapon, it's insane... And then combined with the Frenzied shrine, holy crap...

I have a really nice combo now, which btw... Furious Charge is so OP... As is the Ground Stomp... with suction hehe... omg I am having so much fun with my carnage ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
255. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 14:50 Alamar

Holy crapple, this game is so much more fun than I had expected... I am loving my Barbie (lvl 26, somewhere in Act 3).

I truly feel sorry for those that won't buy it because of the 'DRM', though I respect that choice ; )

-Alamar

1780 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo