Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1810 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
39. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 17, 2012, 14:23 Alamar

wtf_man wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 13:55:
Alamar wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 13:08:
1440p baby! That's where it's at...

-Alamar

I have zero intentions of buying a new 60" TV anytime soon, and 1080p is more than enough. I can already see the pot marks on actor's bad skin. Any bit sharper would probably make me want to vomit. As for 3D.. zero interest in that too... that shit gives me a splitting headache within 20 minutes.

I'm with you on this... I've watched like 2-3 things on blu-ray (or just simply, higher than DVD quality), and I don't need it...

But that's in the living room... I want a '1440p' resolution on my desktop, because I like screen real-estate... Which may come in the form of the 27" iMac, but I want to wait on the next model, which could be a year+ away...

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
37. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 17, 2012, 13:08 Alamar

Quboid wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 06:31:
They're not going to call it the 720 are they? That's just begging for Sony to come out with the Playstation 1080p and tell everyone that they've got Full HD.

Wow, what a huge mistake that would be for PS3...

Assuming ~10 years is accurate, and why wouldn't it be considering the length of PS3/360... 1080p won't be 'full HD' in half that time...

1440p baby! That's where it's at...

-Alamar

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 17, 2012, 12:42 Alamar

Kitkoan wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 18:53:
Isn't that around the time all the major ISP's become the MPAA's bitches and start sending threating letters to people because they think that sometime, somehow they might just have downloaded something they shouldn't have? And it doesn't matter what the person says, they are guilty and never proven otherwise?

I got such a letter many years ago... It specifically mentions the time and content (movie)...

And warns you to stop and that further action could result in some blah blah... blah...

Edit: Canadian Caps... 3.9% is scoffworthy... And nothing new... Just about every product, even those created locally, are pricier in Canada as compared to the US... Having 10 times the population (the US) changes some things...

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found?
25. Re: Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found? Jun 17, 2012, 11:23 Alamar

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 21:31:
I really cant imagine how much I will hate this game once I get to the centipede arm guys... (yeah yeah, Im bad with names).

I have dubbed them, 'the bitch slappers'... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Jun 15, 2012, 12:04 Alamar

I already have a backlog... Ys, Farcry 1/2 (finally gonna give them a go), some others I can't think of... But I'm looking forward to throwing some more money at Steam for the summer sale.

All I need to do, is stop playing Diablo 3... Which, could happen, because it's hurting my hand... Oddly, I think from the lack of clicking all the time : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Tops U.S. Charts
18. Re: Diablo III Tops U.S. Charts Jun 15, 2012, 11:26 Alamar

RailWizard wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 03:56:
Well of course stuff sells on the PC. Have you seen how many stupid people are on the internet these days? All it takes is a nice, simple shiny thing with flashy colors, and the herd comes. They are still making the Sims FOR FUCKS SAKE!. SOMEBODY is buying that shit, and believe me, people have also pirated the shit out of it too. Yet it goes on...and on...and on.

The whole "Piracy ruins everything!" translates EXACTLY to "We need more hookers and blow. Pay us MORE for less dammit!"

The target demographic for the Sims don't know how to pirate ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Tops U.S. Charts
17. Re: Great... Jun 15, 2012, 11:25 Alamar

Bet wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 23:54:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 21:22:
So they can afford to put in minimap customizaton now!
Lol, but they have so many excuses why that money can't fix it ok. It's not modular, and no amount of money can change that!

I realize you're mocking, but you're actually spot on...

No amount of money thrown at this problem will fix it... Within the time frame people are expecting : )

All they've said is that it's a non-trivial change, and that it'll take time.

-Alamar

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
59. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play" Jun 15, 2012, 11:21 Alamar

omg... I just realized this thread is likely filled with a bunch of 'I told you so's'... By the same people that say the same thing with every new massive...

-Alamar

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Adventure Pack Next Month
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Adventure Pack Next Month Jun 14, 2012, 15:37 Alamar

Not surprisingly, I would like to see a new M&M RPG... : )

Though honestly, I'm not sure what it would add more than Grimrock... Maybe just more content...

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
36. Re: Hotfix... Jun 14, 2012, 15:30 Alamar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 15:25:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 15:07:
I dunno, it seems like the perfect size to me, but I'm all for customization.

See, that's just it, thank you for actually having an open mind. Just because something "works for you", doesn't mean you have to be bias and attack someone who suggests an alternative. All we, and I say "we" because there are 1000's of posts on forums about it, want is for the ability to scale the size of some of the interface. You know, like in so many other games. That's it. But instead, we have fanbois or people who are okay with the minimap size flaming us all day long. If you use default movement keys, and the game doesn't let you change them, would you flame people for asking to? No? Then shut up, because it's the same damn thing.

Out of the 30+ friends list - no one cries about it but you. No one else has had such a bug up their A that they damn near refuse to play the game. It is as though you have this problem that is so severe that it detracts from your game when something is so far out of the play area that you feel the need to stare at it.

I dunno. You appear to make it a bigger problem than it actually is....in fact your only posts on the game mention it, in fact in one post you actually mention that it drives you insane. Might want to look into that. It isn't normal.

I'll ignore your aversion to math or statistics, and maybe help highlight the problem...

'You appear to make it a bigger problem than it actually is, for me'...

Glad I could help...

And all I saw from his original post, was a request for the change... not an 'O M F G, this is BS; I'm quitting until this complete disregard for my eyes is punished... with a whip...'.

-Alamar

33. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 15:13 Alamar

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 14:59:
Verno wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 14:56:
No, it's not the elites per se. It's how they can go from being a fun battle that requires a bit of care to instant death with no opportunity to manage the situation (or should I say "play").

That's exactly what is wrong with the pack affixes right now, some are literally unbeatable when your combine their base mob abilities with the affixes. The terrain you're fighting on makes a big difference too, generally lack of ability to kite will mean death. It's not something you ever really outgear either which makes it a pretty annoying balance issue.

Well except the chap said he only got midway through nightmare. I don't recall it being much of a challenge at all at that point. Maybe he could post what skills he is using? Because I don't think nightmare is really that gear dependent.

The entire game, including normal, is gear dependent... It's just more of a requirement in later difficulties/acts... Some people truly have bad luck with drops, and have trouble on fights in Normal... I know, it's crazy to even imagine ; )

It's also avoidance dependent...

Frozen orbs are launched long before they blow... Move earlier...
Arcane balls are launched long before they 'shoot'... Move earlier...
Molten/Desecration... Watch for it, and move as soon as it touches you... Especially when Jailer or Waller are involved...
Fire Chains... Move often... Don't ever be the monkey in the middle...
Mortar... Is meant to be fought in melee range... If you're purely offensively geared, you're likely already ranged, so you can outrange it, with lots of kiting... But if not, or if melee, get up and personal... Unless they're ranged mobs, because those fuckers will spread out and mortar you from 3 sides... In which case, use corners : )

Some other affixes make the above harder, like vortex with arcane... When there are 3-6 beams down, and you get sucked right into the middle, there's nothing you can do (depending on your OP abilities and mashing/lag timings), except... you guessed it... move earlier... For vortex, don't let the mobs stand in desecration/arcane areas...

Thing is... most of the combinations people complain about, I giggle (yes, like a school girl) at, because I want those easy combinations (which just means I know how to avoid them)...

And that's not to disregard the comment about space... When I enter a cave, and the very first pack, practically in view of the door, has affixes that need space to avoid, well, I die a little inside...

-Alamar

25. Re: Hotfix... Jun 14, 2012, 14:44 Alamar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 14:37:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 14:29:
Minimap no longer big, ugly, and invasive.

kthx

? I don't even notice it on a 23 inch WS.....you running a 17 inch CRT?

Why stop there? Let's imply he has a 14 inch peni... er... monitor... wait, that was somehow backwards...

I notice it all the time on my twenty FOUR inch WS, but that's because I'm always using it...

-Alamar

12. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 13:52 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 13:27:
Anyone else remember their last found upgrade?

I got a String of Ears Legendary the other day.. Made my Barbarian (lvl 55 at the time) very happy : )

Not an ideal roll on the stats, but I look at the bright side... the only Barb specific stat it got was strength, and the strength is crappy (30 ish), so while I could lament on how bad it is compared to the ultimate roll, I'm happy I can pass it on to other chars when they catch up ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > TERA Free Trial
23. Re: TERA Free Trial Jun 14, 2012, 09:39 Alamar

Gawd, what a great community of elitist assholes we have here...

Do YOU remember your first post? Did you finally decide to sign up and share your opinion because you were... wait for it... excited about how much fun you're having in a game?

Actually, I guess you all signed up to correct someone, or talk about how bad a game was...

News Flash for those without the common sense to realize it; not everyone likes the same thing. Liking a game you don't doesn't make them a shill, or a fanboy... Using those terms says so much more about you, than the person you're trying to disregard. It's about time you grow up.

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas
31. Re: Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas Jun 12, 2012, 20:48 Alamar

Damn that shit is addicting... My dude is fully decked, and I can almost beat Inferno Butcher now... And I only spent 2k...

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
80. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 17:13 Alamar

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 17:05:
If they are not willing to invest in the security of the customers that pay their salaries, and provide and ensure the appropriate security measures are available to *ALL* customers, then maybe all of their customers should turn to a major publisher who does invest in the bottom-line security of their customers, out of the box.

Excuse my ignorance, but could you show me a few companies that spend their money for my bad security and inability to not have my account hacked, again, at my fault?

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2012, 16:14 Alamar

Hmmm...

Edit: Nevermind : )

-Alamar

63. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 16:14 Alamar

And in other news... Fools double post... Or something : )

-Alamar

62. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 16:13 Alamar

MrBone wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 14:16:
Anyone that uses real money in this game or any game is a fool. And you know what happens to fools.

Anyone that tells others how using their real money is foolish, is a fool. And you know what happens to fools.

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes and More
31. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes and More Jun 10, 2012, 09:54 Alamar

Fion wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 23:02:
Ah Blizzards classic 'need 4 hours of downtime for this hotfix' followed by 'we need one more hour' shenanigans. GW2 beta weekend is on right now and when you get a patch there, you just have to restart and patch up, servers don't even come down. It's so nice!

True, but the combat is boring as shit...

I couldn't stand more than 10 minutes this weekend... I would like to make myself play some more... And maybe enjoy it a bit, but I have so little desire... (Part of that is that it's beta, and characters get deleted... I hate deleted chars ; )

-Alamar

1810 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo