Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1792 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2012, 22:47 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 17:12:
Walking Dead Season 3 trailer has been been released.

Thankie : )

I like this show : )

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
35. Re: On Sale Jul 14, 2012, 17:00 Alamar

Ahhh... the 'evils' of 'community'... and air quotes...

Looked at Two Worlds II... again... and thought... nah... Then saw the comments, and it bent my rubber arm...

Also bought From Dust, Ys: Origin... and would really like the new Spellforce 2 to go back on sale... Downloading has been kind of crappy, though expected... Will maybe try one of em out tomorrow ish...

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Jul 14, 2012, 10:14 Alamar

Prez wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 09:09:
I hope everyone bought Trine 2 when it was on sale yesterday - what a gorgeous and nifty game. I am not one for sidescrollers, but the game's originality in design, smart co-op play, and its beautiful art keep me interested.

I bought it at (I think) full price, many many months back... That's a company I want to support (I also really enjoyed the Shadowgrounds games).

Ironically, I didn't load it up and play it (a little) until last week...

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
161. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 19:55 Alamar

Prez wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 11:15:
Alamar wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 11:05:
Steam fucking POS Bullshit...

The one and only game I went into this sale wanting... And steam gives me errors while trying to buy it (not the first time)...

-Alamar

Which one? I'll buy it for you and you can paypal me the money (or gift an equivalent game when Steam is working again for you).

Thanks for the offer, but it had already expired when I posted... Otherwise I wouldn't have cared as much, since I would have had other ways to do it (like what you suggested).

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
143. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 11:05 Alamar

Steam fucking POS Bullshit...

The one and only game I went into this sale wanting... And steam gives me errors while trying to buy it (not the first time)...

-Alamar

News Comments > R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War Trailer
1. Re: R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War Trailer Jul 11, 2012, 11:11 Alamar

Don't recall ever hearing about this, but we surely need more iso action RPGs : )

Little worried about the console direction... Touting 'local coop!' doesn't help... But at least it looks like the person joining has their own gear (unliked DS3).

Graphically, I liked the environments, but the font bugs me for some reason (both damage numbers, and especially items on ground).

-Alamar

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Film Plans
37. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Film Plans Jul 10, 2012, 23:47 Alamar

Hmmm... Wonder if it's been long enough, that I could finally replay this game... And instead of the sneaky/stealthy/one-shot... Go for the guns a blazin psycho...

As for on topic... I wonder what the boss fights will be like... /duck

As for Silent Hill... Ewww... I thought the movie was crap... Which is partly due to knowing NOTHING about the game... But that kind of makes my point for me; it shouldn't be a requirement for a good movie.

-Alamar

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jul 10, 2012, 23:46 Alamar

Enahs wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 22:41:
PA is the most overrated thing on the internet anyway.

As opposed to Facebook, Reddit, Google, etc?

If I knew more popular sites, I would add them to the list : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Re:Yoga teacher fired over cell phone ban at Facebook. Jul 10, 2012, 23:26 Alamar

Enahs wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 22:40:
In its termination notice, the company suggested the Facebook incident was part of a pattern of strict behavior on Van Ness' part; she had previously asked a Cisco employee not to take photographs of the class while it was in session.

Really? That is a pattern of strict behavior? Asking somebody not to take pictures during a Yago class. As a fellow student, I would be annoyed if some random person was taking pictures of me in an awkward position.

Everything about that comment is just stupid!

Agreed...

This may seem unrelated, but people (generally adults) complain so much about 'kids today' (and have been for generations)... I totally agree with that, but holy hell, so many adults are freaking kids today : )

As a parent, I'm trying to teach my child that different homes, businesses, schools, etc... Have different rules... And this situation is no different... If the rule is to leave your distracting shit at the door, grow the fuck up and do it.

-Alamar

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Trailer
8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Trailer Jul 10, 2012, 23:11 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 21:08:
Soooo...I don't even know where to start or what to say that hasn't been said already about this franchise since 2007.

I just die a little inside with each modified new release they put out for 59.99 each year and break sales records.

Gotta give em props (whatever that means heh)... They did episodic gaming 'right'... By right, I mean, yearly, and making a wad of cash ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Rockstar Toronto Expanding; Vancouver Closing
11. Re: Rockstar Toronto Expanding; Vancouver Closing Jul 10, 2012, 15:36 Alamar

Fantaz wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 01:36:
The Game Informer headline reads "Rockstar Opens New Toronto Studio", which is misinformative because they're opening another studio in Oakville (probably next door) and not exactly in Toronto (maybe far suburbs of Toronto). It's like half-way between Silicon Knights and Ubisoft Toronto. If they close the Vancouver studio they may as well just rename to Rockstar Canada, (or Rockstar Oakville) since they're not exactly in Toronto.

Good to know... I loathe Toronto, but I'd be willing to work in Oakville : )

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 13:20:
And the Leafs who haven't won a cup in decades still sell out the building every season. Canadians are strange.

How is loyalty strange?

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Announced
25. Re: Steam Greenlight Announced Jul 9, 2012, 20:53 Alamar

Having actually read (gasp) the page, I fully support this...

But I'm not silly enough to think they're doing it to help hobby/indie developers out...

They're doing it, because they're losing a lot of money, both by the approval process, and the rejection of games that will sell well.

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Announced
23. Re: Steam Greenlight Announced Jul 9, 2012, 20:43 Alamar

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 18:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 18:18:
Dades wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 18:04:
An interesting project, crowdsourcing project viability and approval for Steam distribution. I'm not sure publishers will need this kind of thing but it will probably be a big deal for small teams.

Valve isn't making enough on digital distribution, they need a cut of the kickstarter like funds directly as well. They sound more and more like EA every day.

Interesting no one mentioned EA except you. Troll harder.

'no one'... In two posts... Troll harder indeed nin : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Details
41. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Details Jul 9, 2012, 20:39 Alamar

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 20:25:
Axis wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 20:05:
Cutter wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 14:41:
Axis wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 14:09:
Is this the test that makes the game worth a shit? no, it is not.

Arena net have committed themselves to mediocre. Just like D3, this game is already dead.

Lol! Your nerdrage is so satisfying. You can take your ball and go home any time now. We'll all be playing GW2 and having fun there sport.

You sound like all the d3 fanboys who are now butthurt acting so surprised d3 is a snorefest.

Ya, you'll enjoy any mmo for about a month. GW2 is amazingly stale once you get past all the faddy mmo elements.

There is zero character specialization, nothing at all like GW1, just 'story' (I recall 'story' being a huge excitement from the d3 and swtor fanboys too). So hope you enjoy your PvE for a month, cause pvp is horrid in GW2 - lackluster and boring on all fronts.

D3 will probably be enticing in 2 months again for you nubs with little taste and even less experience in what makes a good game.
deqer?

deqer?

If you can't tell the diff between his post, and one of deqer's (or Cutter's) rants, I feel for ya : )

-Alamar

21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Details Jul 9, 2012, 15:37 Alamar

fatguy wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 15:04:
I hope this game turns out to be as awesome as people say, but it really seems like most people who say goods things have just fallen in the big ball of hype rolling down the mountain. Much like many other hyped up games previously released. No open beta to see for myself sucks, it means I have to trust people from the internet... ugh... or even worse... Review websites... uuuugh.

Sadly, PC demo's have been a dying breed... Though while an 'open beta' isn't quite the same thing, it's much worse in some cases, as it's still in a beta state... Why try to convince people on the fence with a broken game?

The trend, and it makes a lot of sense, has been to offer a limited trial post launch... It makes sense in a financial way - A large enough group of 'on the fence' people will buy it because there is no demo/trial at launch, and people aren't patient... It makes sense in an effort way, because the people working on it, in crunch time, no less, are too busy to add an alternative that won't pay for their red bull addictions ; )

My suggestion/advice, is to wait until there is a trial, and there will be one... It may not be for six months, but GW2 is hardly a game where that's going to matter much; what with not having an end game and an easy learning curve...

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Omnicorp teaser Jul 9, 2012, 13:39 Alamar

kanniballl wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 11:05:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 00:40:
That teaser commercial was bland. In comparison to the zany over the top Omnicorp commercials in the original films. I realise it ain't the early 90s anymore but I hope they keep things at least a little over the top. I'm not sure I'd buy that for a dollar.

Yeh, one of the things I liked about "Robocop" was the parody of the super-capitalistic stuff going on. As well as other things. Heck, even the short-lived TV series picked up on some of that: both with humor AND deep stuff.

It's also one of the things I liked about the film "Starship Troopers"

Would you like to know more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faFuaYA-daw

-Alamar

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Details Jul 9, 2012, 12:54 Alamar

It's nice to see that gnomes and night elves will finally be playable, though I'm not sure that'll be enough; as with any beta, I don't want to experience to much, because mostly, I don't want to experience anything twice : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Rewards Borderlands 1 Vets
11. Re: Borderlands 2 Rewards Borderlands 1 Vets Jul 7, 2012, 10:51 Alamar

All this talk is making me want to play some more Borderlands (if for no other reason than the music que'd when low on health/overwhelmed in the first area)...

Never did play far with the shotgun/rocket launcher/uzi... I'm all about the sniping weapons/pistols...

-Alamar

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules
11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules Jul 4, 2012, 19:15 Alamar

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 16:01:
Cutter wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 15:08:
Co-op is indeed key. It's amazing how much more fun and cool your fellwo players are when they don't have to fight for the same mobs and resources. I'm still blown away by how helpful and friendly the vast majority of people are simply by using this model. It boggles the mind no one has done it long before now. And yes, let's get some more beta action happening asap!

Different Dev mindset. Blizzard devs actually like the player base at each others throats.

How times change (or not)...

I see Cutter's comment, and I thought he was talking about WoW... I remember those times, even years after people were bitching about the community...

Sure, people had to go that extra step, and actually interact with someone for half a second (to 'ninja invite') on a quest/quest-mob/rare, etc... But that's what WoW was to me... The massive of 10s groups.

So ya, it's nice that A-net is expanding on that model, just like WoW (and their playerbase) had done previously... Back when spawns took an hour (or even 15m) to come back, you wouldn't want to take a chance on someone tagging it first, which actually seems like an ironic argument to me (as in, the longer it takes, the more likely people should be to share the credit)...

I truly hope GW2 adds as much good to the genre as WoW did, but I'm just not seeing it yet.

-Alamar

News Comments > Radical Entertainment Slashed
6. Re: Radical Entertainment Slashed Jun 28, 2012, 23:12 Alamar

Jerykk wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 22:53:
So... what does this mean for the PC port of Prototype 2? Is there a skeleton crew of Radical devs still working on it? Has it been outsourced to another developer? Cancelled? Given the huge delay between the console and PC releases, I have to assume that work on the port hadn't even begun until the console versions had shipped.

Crapple... This is one in a very small list of games I preordered well in advance... It better make it : )

Maybe I should go for a refund before the summer sale starts...

-Alamar

1792 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo