Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1780 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Announced
23. Re: Steam Greenlight Announced Jul 9, 2012, 20:43 Alamar

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 18:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 18:18:
Dades wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 18:04:
An interesting project, crowdsourcing project viability and approval for Steam distribution. I'm not sure publishers will need this kind of thing but it will probably be a big deal for small teams.

Valve isn't making enough on digital distribution, they need a cut of the kickstarter like funds directly as well. They sound more and more like EA every day.

Interesting no one mentioned EA except you. Troll harder.

'no one'... In two posts... Troll harder indeed nin : )

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Details
41. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Details Jul 9, 2012, 20:39 Alamar

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 20:25:
Axis wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 20:05:
Cutter wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 14:41:
Axis wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 14:09:
Is this the test that makes the game worth a shit? no, it is not.

Arena net have committed themselves to mediocre. Just like D3, this game is already dead.

Lol! Your nerdrage is so satisfying. You can take your ball and go home any time now. We'll all be playing GW2 and having fun there sport.

You sound like all the d3 fanboys who are now butthurt acting so surprised d3 is a snorefest.

Ya, you'll enjoy any mmo for about a month. GW2 is amazingly stale once you get past all the faddy mmo elements.

There is zero character specialization, nothing at all like GW1, just 'story' (I recall 'story' being a huge excitement from the d3 and swtor fanboys too). So hope you enjoy your PvE for a month, cause pvp is horrid in GW2 - lackluster and boring on all fronts.

D3 will probably be enticing in 2 months again for you nubs with little taste and even less experience in what makes a good game.
deqer?

deqer?

If you can't tell the diff between his post, and one of deqer's (or Cutter's) rants, I feel for ya : )

-Alamar

21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Details Jul 9, 2012, 15:37 Alamar

fatguy wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 15:04:
I hope this game turns out to be as awesome as people say, but it really seems like most people who say goods things have just fallen in the big ball of hype rolling down the mountain. Much like many other hyped up games previously released. No open beta to see for myself sucks, it means I have to trust people from the internet... ugh... or even worse... Review websites... uuuugh.

Sadly, PC demo's have been a dying breed... Though while an 'open beta' isn't quite the same thing, it's much worse in some cases, as it's still in a beta state... Why try to convince people on the fence with a broken game?

The trend, and it makes a lot of sense, has been to offer a limited trial post launch... It makes sense in a financial way - A large enough group of 'on the fence' people will buy it because there is no demo/trial at launch, and people aren't patient... It makes sense in an effort way, because the people working on it, in crunch time, no less, are too busy to add an alternative that won't pay for their red bull addictions ; )

My suggestion/advice, is to wait until there is a trial, and there will be one... It may not be for six months, but GW2 is hardly a game where that's going to matter much; what with not having an end game and an easy learning curve...

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Omnicorp teaser Jul 9, 2012, 13:39 Alamar

kanniballl wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 11:05:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 00:40:
That teaser commercial was bland. In comparison to the zany over the top Omnicorp commercials in the original films. I realise it ain't the early 90s anymore but I hope they keep things at least a little over the top. I'm not sure I'd buy that for a dollar.

Yeh, one of the things I liked about "Robocop" was the parody of the super-capitalistic stuff going on. As well as other things. Heck, even the short-lived TV series picked up on some of that: both with humor AND deep stuff.

It's also one of the things I liked about the film "Starship Troopers"

Would you like to know more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faFuaYA-daw

-Alamar

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Details Jul 9, 2012, 12:54 Alamar

It's nice to see that gnomes and night elves will finally be playable, though I'm not sure that'll be enough; as with any beta, I don't want to experience to much, because mostly, I don't want to experience anything twice : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Rewards Borderlands 1 Vets
11. Re: Borderlands 2 Rewards Borderlands 1 Vets Jul 7, 2012, 10:51 Alamar

All this talk is making me want to play some more Borderlands (if for no other reason than the music que'd when low on health/overwhelmed in the first area)...

Never did play far with the shotgun/rocket launcher/uzi... I'm all about the sniping weapons/pistols...

-Alamar

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules
11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules Jul 4, 2012, 19:15 Alamar

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 16:01:
Cutter wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 15:08:
Co-op is indeed key. It's amazing how much more fun and cool your fellwo players are when they don't have to fight for the same mobs and resources. I'm still blown away by how helpful and friendly the vast majority of people are simply by using this model. It boggles the mind no one has done it long before now. And yes, let's get some more beta action happening asap!

Different Dev mindset. Blizzard devs actually like the player base at each others throats.

How times change (or not)...

I see Cutter's comment, and I thought he was talking about WoW... I remember those times, even years after people were bitching about the community...

Sure, people had to go that extra step, and actually interact with someone for half a second (to 'ninja invite') on a quest/quest-mob/rare, etc... But that's what WoW was to me... The massive of 10s groups.

So ya, it's nice that A-net is expanding on that model, just like WoW (and their playerbase) had done previously... Back when spawns took an hour (or even 15m) to come back, you wouldn't want to take a chance on someone tagging it first, which actually seems like an ironic argument to me (as in, the longer it takes, the more likely people should be to share the credit)...

I truly hope GW2 adds as much good to the genre as WoW did, but I'm just not seeing it yet.

-Alamar

News Comments > Radical Entertainment Slashed
6. Re: Radical Entertainment Slashed Jun 28, 2012, 23:12 Alamar

Jerykk wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 22:53:
So... what does this mean for the PC port of Prototype 2? Is there a skeleton crew of Radical devs still working on it? Has it been outsourced to another developer? Cancelled? Given the huge delay between the console and PC releases, I have to assume that work on the port hadn't even begun until the console versions had shipped.

Crapple... This is one in a very small list of games I preordered well in advance... It better make it : )

Maybe I should go for a refund before the summer sale starts...

-Alamar

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 August 28th
35. Re: Guild Wars 2 August 28th Jun 28, 2012, 19:54 Alamar

WyldKat wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:20:
nin wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:12:
They just need to tweak everything and make the game run off the GPU not just the CPU.

Was wondering if they fixed that yet. I didn't make the last weekend beta (I have the worst luck and have basically missed both so far, outside of like 2 hours).

They've made some improvements, but still have a lot to go. Tim Collins is completely wrong about the gameplay though. Only a complete idiot would insist on spamming the 1 button, that's the auto-attack...

Only a 'complete idiot' would misread what someone else typed, and look like a fool : )

Edit: And yes, it is just another "fetch x items, kill x mobs" type game? That's the genre : ) They add a few improvements to it, just like City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, etc, did...

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops
10. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 15:09 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 14:53:
Alamar, if you don't have great equipment, a Throwing Barb(I suggest 2h, but if you have a great 1hander you can go that route) is effective in Inferno.

I appreciate the suggestion... I've considered putting some range in my build (maybe even spear with 'rage flip'), but I'm hesitant to put stuff in a build I'm really not going to want around after the one fight...

However, if I can't take him down anyways, I may as well fiddle and get past the fight just so I can get into Act III (I don't expect Belial to be as bad... Breath is the only time I get hit on the post-snake part). And the breath is avoidable (there's a cheeve for it), but I'm not sure how... I've tried the edges, and stuff doesn't seem to come off CD fast enough (haven't tried Leap).

Your build seems to have all damage passives, and I'm not sure I can cope without some bonus armor/reduced damage.. : )

Course, on the other hand... I can kill the giants... Just with a lot of running and quaffing, so some extra damage likely won't make much of a mitigation difference.

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops
7. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 14:33 Alamar

I support these changes... Now if only there were a buff to make more than 1 in 20 rares useful... Annnnnnd go...

Even with the boss drop un-nerf, getting drops from packs is faster, and, for me, much more interesting...

I got to Inferno Kulle on my Barbie last night... Act II was a challenge some of the time... A few groups were nasty... But mostly, Sand Giants, suck... And Kulle has two of them... That hit hard... I took about 5 attempts, and was able to get Kulle down to about 30% before he enraged... I need me some more dps, because I can't imagine stacking enough protection for those giants to not beat the poop out of me...

-Alamar

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 August 28th
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 August 28th Jun 28, 2012, 10:20 Alamar

wtf_man wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 10:17:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 10:08:
Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck!

It's 3 times, right?

Well, if you haven't been in the BWE's to know or not... it doesn't and won't suck, IMO.

I'm not going to say it is perfect, since I don't think any MMO can ever achieve that... but it is definitely a few steps in the right direction.

It does have a few steps in the right direction... but soooo many steps in the same direction...

I expected so much more.

-Alamar

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 27, 2012, 23:48 Alamar

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 22:23:
Any thoughts on the Google Tablet?

I've been looking at 7" tabs a bunch this last month or so... I really wanted an 'iPad Mini', but it wasn't announced... Might be come Oct/Nov, but I don't want to wait...

So the Samsung Galaxy II was in the running... But the Nexus announced today has more power... And either less cost, or more memory for the same cost...

However, it is missing out on some nice to have'ities... Back facing camera (which I would have really liked), an SD slot, an HDMI slot (which I was looking forward to)...

Some of the Jellybean (Android 4.1) features will be nice... And apparently, you can add all your music (pirated or otherwise) to your library, and it gets linked to the cloud (Sounds like they're doing what megaupload did, but legit), so if you're never without wifi, you don't need much storage (or the SD; I'm assuming this is their 'argument' for not including it).

I bought the 16GB model, though a friend (a real Android fan) suggested the 8, partially for what I said above... I want the option of throwing some movies on there as needed though...

Also, it comes with a $25 'card' for google play (apps, movies, music, etc), and the latest Transformers movie, a book (I forgot which), and some magazines...

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear
39. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 11:01 Alamar

Julio wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 06:35:
They increased the feeling the game is like being at work, with grinding out less 'take home' gold due to excessive repair costs from wear and tear from mob killing. Pre-1.03, I might have had one drop that was better than what was on the AH. Then patch 1.03 lowered the drop rate of rare items as well, making it more likely you have to go to the AH for gear.

Uhm... What?

1.03 drop rates increased (unless you're only doing 5 packs and a boss runs, but that's far too boring to comment on : ), and better gear is available earlier...

Minus the apparent Act III/IV drop rate bug (which I don't believe targets rares), that's being fixed this week.

Theo wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 08:28:
InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 08:03:
Boohoo some more? Fuck that.

To be honest, as a life long D2 player (and d1 for that matter); i honestly think that most of the crying is from people "thought" that they were going to be in to the game for year to come; the truth is though they are just casual action RPG fans.

If a game gave you over 100 hours fun; regardless of long term appeal; it was proabably worth the money.

I am still playing - all tho now down to a few days a week (inf solidy on farm), still enjoying the game and dont mind the balance changes at all. my mate was bitching about repair cost, so we did a act1/2 run in inf. we made litterally well over 700k in gold - post repair bills. what. the. f. is the problem.

As a counter to this, which I think is valid for yourself, and myself... Is that while you can have these results, that doesn't mean the general populace does, and that's who is complaining...

For me, the day 1.03 came out, I found Act II challenging, and was having a great time... The next day, it felt like there was a stealth nerf, because I was doing badly... And silly me, still thinking the Blacksmith might be useful, spent my last 200k on some 5-stat belts (dropped recipe), and then died a bunch of times in Act II, and didn't have enough for repairs...

So here's what I did... I logged into the D3 forums, and wrote up a nice long post (in my own thread, because surely there weren't enough before that) bitching about how much the change sucked and blah blah... </sarcasm>

What I actually did, was run through Act I again, and netted a similar amount... I also got like 50 rares, which most were garbage, but that's a genre thing, not a D3 thing : ) The big money maker for me, however, was giving up on the BS... lvl 60 gear is worth 1.5-2.5k vended... So 48 or so of those rares made me about 100k, and the collected gold was another few hundred... Now I'm 'sitting pretty'...

Btw, for 'full disclosure', I once had 1 mil gold, but have never had the crapton that people seem to think everyone else has : ) I don't buy expensive shit on the AH (though expensive is relative - my highest, and only one time, was about 300k).

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2012, 11:08.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear
38. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 10:54 Alamar

RailWizard wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 06:12:
NSanity wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 04:29:
eunichron wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 01:27:
If you're having trouble getting through Act II Hell without using the AH then the problem was not the game, it was you.

Agreed.

Like WoW starts at Level Cap, Diablo 3 starts at Inferno. Or used to.

That's some elitist braggart bs right there. "durrr-yup, da game starts at da end! That's how it's supposed to be...noob!"

Reminds me of that dude that beat hardcore inferno the other day and listening to his shit, you just know that guy lives alone. lol

This post gets my vote for most ironic of the year...

Anyways...

For a lot of people, WoW and D3 start at max level... Personally, I enjoy levelling, so that's a big part of either game for me... However, now that I've played D3 at 60, levelling (or more accurately, the collecting of phatty lewts) is less fun, because it's all going to be vended (or AH'd) at some point...

But the argument could be made for Inferno gear, even ilvl 63 stuff; It just may last longer.

Plus, there's the whole difficulty factor... I thought D3 scaled well (starting about mid nightmare, IIRC), and even Inferno Act I... Act II seemed extreme, but that was the point, so that's fine. Now that Inferno is nerfed, the difficulty curve evened out, and it's more challenging (and less stupid-hard/spiked). But the point is, Inferno is where 'the real game' starts for people that want the challenge... Or like to farm gear for ages, which admittedly, is more fun with a full stack of NV than in previous games (in the genre).

Anyhoo... I'm still enjoying it. My friends are still enjoying it. They haven't done much Inferno and considering how much they stand in the poo, I'm thinking they're going to have a hard time with it (when my OP Barbie isn't there).

-Alamar

News Comments > TERA's $25 Horse
6. Re: TERA's $25 Horse Jun 27, 2012, 10:42 Alamar

Frijoles wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 10:28:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 10:26:
Unbelievable that people buy that crap. So glad I never played WoW...

On a similar note, stop going to sporting events because sports are dumb. So glad I never went to a baseball game.

Don't be silly... At least you come away with something when buying a mount : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Scrolls Alpha Nears; Beta Plans Explained
12. Re: Scrolls Alpha Nears; Beta Plans Explained Jun 25, 2012, 12:49 Alamar

Dev wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 12:11:
They say to hit forums to enter alpha, but clicking on Community says "coming soon" LOL
Tip: If you tell people to enter forums, you might want to enable said link to forums.

After a quick google, here's the scrolls forum link:
http://www.scrollsguide.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

They don't seem to have any details as to entering the alpha.

Hellbinder wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 12:09:
i dont know... scrolls seems pretty memorable to me. Only one of its kind. simple, easy to remember etc.

Its perfect.
I disagree. Regardless though, they agreed not to trademark it. So if it hits it big, someone could easily make a flash version of a similar game and call it the same.

http://www.scrollsguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=567 for a 12 min video of a full match... So at least that portion of the game is viewable (assuming it'll have other portions, which seems unlikely)...

Bring on some Etherlords III : ) With or without RMAH... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Scrolls Alpha Nears; Beta Plans Explained
4. Re: Scrolls Alpha Nears; Beta Plans Explained Jun 25, 2012, 10:46 Alamar

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 10:25:
Looks like a combination of Heroes of M&M and Magic: The Gathering to me...

I don't see any of HOMM in there... I assume you (and others) are saying that because it uses a hex grid (like thousands of other games heh)... But none of the video had any kind of unit control...

It looks, to me, like MTG... You have your summoned mobs, and when you have things attack, they're either blocked (by other mobs in that line), or they get to the back row (which in MTG is the player), which is a wall/fence...

As long as the battles are interesting (Etherlords) without too much stupid complexity (MTG), and the out-of-card-combat game is also fun; maybe even hex-terrain like (HOMM, Etherlords, Kings Bounty), I may have interest... You may have noticed, I liked Etherlords (II), and would like a sequel to that style.

Edit: Just read through the Game info page, and it looks less interesting now... So much for marketing hype... I'm not seeing anything new to the genre...

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2012, 10:52.

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
45. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 23, 2012, 09:40 Alamar

eunichron wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 21:52:
Well, just found my first legendary since the patch (and 3rd overall; it was a Won Khim Lau fist weapon btw). I asked my AH monkey friend what he thought it was worth. He informed me that it was about 150% worthless.

What level and region? : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
101. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 13:28 Alamar

Ray Ban wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 11:01:
Diablo 3 was supposed to carry on the legacy of Diablo 2.

Hopefully Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn and Path of Exile will succeed where Blizzard failed ...

Gawd, I hope not... I think D3 was a great update to the series... It's just crap that they shoveled in so many 'features' (and keep doing so) that are undesirable.

-Alamar

1780 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo