Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1814 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
36. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 22, 2012, 16:59 Alamar

I said it a few times, and I finally did it...

I bought Rage... for $5...

Not sure when I'll get to it, and I know just about nothing about the game, so for $5, I expect to be pleasantly surprised... Sometime this year (maybe), though quite likely post winter-sale...

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hero-U Funded
7. Re: Hero-U Funded Nov 20, 2012, 15:37 Alamar

I have little to no interest, but I'm glad they made it, for nostalgia's sake : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Primal Carnage Free DLC Today
1. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 11:23 Alamar

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation/dino-crisis-2, or am I off on that being a 'dinosaur game'?

Was the first one I could think of, and I don't think I even played any of them...

-Alamar

News Comments > Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch
3. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 15, 2012, 11:17 Alamar

$130k short of their $400k goal and talking about 1 and 2 mil stretch goals... Maybe I'm missing the silly...

-Alamar

News Comments > Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up
3. Re: Linux Diablo III Bans Follow-up Nov 15, 2012, 11:14 Alamar

As an anti-drug user, I've always had a lot of hash criticism... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Ubisoft Pitching CliffyB?
18. Re: Ubisoft Pitching CliffyB? Nov 14, 2012, 15:40 Alamar

w34sl3 wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 12:11:
After reading it all I can think of is the matrix....

Cliffy B picks up the phone and it rings...

Cliffy: Hello.
Morpheus: Hello, Cliffy. Do you know who this is?
Cliffy: Morpheus.
Morpheus: Yes. I've been looking for you, Cliffy. I don't know if you're ready to see what I want to show you, but unfortunately you and I have run out of time. They're coming for you, Cliffy, and I don't know what they're going to do...

heh

I was thinking 'taken'... I have a special set of skills...

But ya, Matrix fits better...

As for rooting for Agent Smith... How could you not have already? Best (and best played) character in the movie (There was only one movie).

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - RIFT: Storm Legion
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - RIFT: Storm Legion Nov 13, 2012, 11:28 Alamar

Smellfinger wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 11:24:
Highly anticipated by who?

Ya... I wonder this about 90% of games released nowadays too... If I don't want it, no one else must...

-Alamar

News Comments > Descent Fan Remake
13. Re: Descent Fan Remake Nov 11, 2012, 21:02 Alamar

Nuukee wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 16:07:
Cool idea and looks indeed great.
But: "the original levels remade" ...that map ist Deck16 from Unreal / Unreal Tournament!!

So for the first half or so, I was like... Ok... they just added freedom of orientation, oh and new weapons... To a map included with UDK...

Then he spun around the corner and the old school bots attacked, which I thought was awesome... They look just as bad as I remember (a good thing heh).

So ya, I'm looking forward to seeing something they put together fully to hold off judgement, but it's looking like it could be interesting... lawsuit pending...

Too bad they can't use all that effort and make something original, even if it plays very similarly... Using the name to get recognition is not the way to go...

-Alamar

News Comments > Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit
34. Re: Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Sui Nov 9, 2012, 21:43 Alamar

Julio wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 19:12:
I hope Blizzard loses big. Piss-poor security on D3 accounts, all in order to sell authenicators as add-ons. Then making the RMAH part of the game only usable if you buy...guess what an extra cost authenticator.

Indeed... What kind of stupid half-assed company doesn't want to deal with that much fraud... FOR SHAME...

I hope a judge knows enough about technology/security, etc, and throws this shit in the trash ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Announcement Announced
5. Re: Dead Space 3 Announcement Announced Nov 8, 2012, 09:39 Alamar

Log in to the Dead Space 3 launch game and mash your O button really fast to see the news...

-Alamar

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Nov 6, 2012, 10:36 Alamar

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 22:45:
It's not like the developers have limitless creative control over the products they make. They should but they don't.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement, because, I am a gamer, and I would like games to continue being made : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2012, 10:33 Alamar

Congratulations on your re-election : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter
21. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Nov 2, 2012, 18:57 Alamar

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 13:26:
They need to change the word Kickstarter to the word computer scam because that is exactly what it is becoming. Most of these games will never get made.

If you are dead set on throwing money away, a better idea is sending it to someone who needs it like a local charity.

So trade one group of people that mis-manages money for another... Great plan : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Patch & World of Warcraft Hotfixes
3. Re: Diablo III Patch & World of Warcraft Hotfixes Oct 26, 2012, 21:50 Alamar

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 14:37:
How about some Guild Wars 2 patch notes, Blue?

But stories/posts should be reserved for games that matter... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend
20. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 25, 2012, 11:04 Alamar

I hate you all... In every thread he posts in... Because you keep quoting him, so I occasionally see the drivel he spews...

Please stop, for the love of all that is good and mighty about bridges... Don't look under, and don't quote... I beg of you...

And nin, I apologize on Blue's behalf that we have no +1 functionality for you to use on this post : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
18. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Oct 24, 2012, 18:26 Alamar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 17:33:
Why in the world would ANYONE buy a DELL or other big brand name. Get raped on prices and they just use whatever hardware is laying around.

If you can't build your own, but from a local store and still save 20% and they put an additional warranty on it.

As someone who has built his own PCs for ~25 years... I fully support the opposite of this suggestion ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 24, 2012, 15:48 Alamar

Jivaro wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 14:15:
For example, the NFL Fantasy Football app. It already requires iOS 6 to continue updating and as of yet they are not promising for how long it will be supported by their system as a means to log in and access your team. There is nothing about that app that requires the new iPads' hardware or iOS6 functionality...which makes it even more aggravating.

I also have a couple of games that work fine as is but the developers are still making updates, including new features and game modes, and they require iOS 6 or the update won't download...even though the new features don't actually require anything from the iOS or the hardware that would mandate a newer iPad then the original.

I have been watching this with iOS 4 for sometime, I have every reason to believe that over the next year it will only get worse for iOS 5.

I would just like to point out, that this is not Apple requiring developers to use new iOS features... This is the developer updating their build to use the newest iOS SDK... And requiring it to be run on iOS 6 devices...

As an owner of an iPod 3rd, which won't be upgrade to iOS 6, I am in a similar situation, but as a developer, I'll be requiring iOS 5 (as opposed to 3.2, that I could, with a bunch more effort, work with)...

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 20:43 Alamar

Kosumo wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 20:34:
Alamar wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 20:09:

Oh and draginol... Can I have a job? : ) I can work remotely ; )

-Alamar

Is that due to teh sexual harassment side of being onsite? Date

heh no... I actually find his response, and the whole 'making good on a bad situation' pretty inspiring, and he needs a mobile division : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 20:09 Alamar

Prez wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 18:29:
Very cool of Stardock to honor their long ago promise. I was kind of expecting them to conveniently forget that. I would have bought it anyway (once they finished it had it shipped like the first), but free is a better price. ;)

heh... Because it would end up on Steam at some point (maybe already is; didn't look first).

Oh and draginol... Can I have a job? : ) I can work remotely ; )

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2012, 20:20.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 22, 2012, 19:57 Alamar

I'd consider being excited if my Nexus 7 didn't just fall a few feet and result in a screen cracked in half... Two months old, and I take immaculate care of it (other than this obviously), and bam... Garbage... Pretty hard to even consider supporting either Google or Asus.

-Alamar

1814 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo