Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1949 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule
49. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 13:52 Alamar

Slick wrote on May 12, 2015, 13:38:
gamesradar so far has the most negative review that I've found, still a strong %80.

It's an interesting read (although i'm skimming all of these), focusing on how it's not really an "open world game". apparently you're strongly guided through missions in the order that the game wants you to take.

That's actually great news to some of us ; )

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 11:26 Alamar

Quinn wrote on May 12, 2015, 11:12:
I don't ignore people. I think it's too insulting from one person to another to do this, especially because 9 out of 10 people here have posted ridiculous shite more than once but those same people have participated properly in this community even more.

Right now, however, after CJ_Parker tried to piss over us even more with his patronizing bullshit retort.. he's literally the first person EVER that I'm considering putting on that list. Motherfucker...

Edit/Add: However, I know for as certain as I can be that he knows he's gone too far and I think he knows this for a while now. Now he's stuck in this image he's created for himself, because his insecurity lets him from admitting this and trying to change. I feel sorry for him, and I will support him by putting neither him on ignore.

I'm a little shocked by this... I never saw one non-childish-bullshit post from Wildone/deqer before they went on the list...

12. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 10:18 Alamar

Quinn wrote on May 12, 2015, 10:15:
CJ_Parker, you must be mentally ill or seriously unhappy in life. You call a guy who's exclaiming happiness a dumbfuck. Get a fucking grip of yourself.

Before this announcement, there was no way to know whether CDProjekt was releasing the game 00:00 PT, ET, BT, UT, JT or CET. In other words, Frag4Fun had all the reasons to be excited by the news.

I'm excited too... If I get my GMG key in time... : P That whole fiasco doesn't make me want to avoid GMG... Makes me want to avoid GOG/CDPR...

10. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 10:16 Alamar

Darks wrote on May 12, 2015, 09:44:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 12, 2015, 09:34:
Can't wait for the first dumbfuck European (I'm from EU, too, so STFU) to complain about Amerikanskis getting preferential treatment.

EDIT: Ah, ladies and gentlemen, that didn't take too long now, did it? I proudly present to you the first dumbfuck in the thread right below this post. Congrats, Frags4Fun!
I mean you do realize that the game was always scheduled for release on May 19 by a European developer/publisher, right? Now let's do some time zone math and some really hard thinking whether it is REALLY a day early or not. Hmmm... weeeeeellll... hmmmm... I know, I know... tough shit but you can do it, man. Come on! Just a little more using that brain! Go, go, go!

Seeing how you want to be the first asshole in this thread, allow me to be the first to tell you to blow it out of your ass you shit heel.

There was no call for that kind of bullshit CJ.

I'm confused... He's calling someone dumb for something they didn't do? That seems a tad... Can't quite put my finger on the appropriate word here...

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming
23. Re: Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming May 9, 2015, 19:15 Alamar

Was just checking this game out earlier... Played some Strike Suit Zero, but the crashes are making me want to say 'fuck it'... Also realized my Origin acct has a few Wing Commanders, so I may give that a whirl...

Don't much care for Elite's current price, so was thinking about looking for alternatives, but now I can't pick up a key (on ebay or wherever), as I can't be sure it's not one linked to this announcement... The extra key isn't meant for extra people; just convenience... But they'll be sold... A lot...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2015, 09:51 Alamar

Well, that didn't last long... Installed the GOG Galaxy client for Witcher 3... Had an issue with the videos... Not horrible, just very inconvenient...

'Closing' to sys tray though... Uninstalled...

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
24. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer May 7, 2015, 23:55 Alamar

Agent.X7 wrote on May 7, 2015, 16:04:
Steam has the Witcher series on sale right now, if - like me - you want to catch up.

Just bought both for $4.48. WHAT A DEAL! I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!

Buy both for $5... Get (another) 10% off Witcher 3 for owning the previous two...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2015, 11:13 Alamar

Those Last Of Us Teens React are so entertaining (saw the first, and now part 6)...

Kinda confusing that they 'bleep' out cursing early on, then the girl accidentally says shit, and then the other kid drops the F-bomb all over the place later... More authentic, which is good, but what the fuck?

News Comments > Starfighter Inc. Kickstarter
15. Re: Starfighter Inc. Kickstarter May 5, 2015, 22:36 Alamar

jdreyer wrote on May 5, 2015, 19:42:
Yup, MP only. SP isn't even a stretch goal. At the very least they could do offline MP with bots. "Multiplayer space warfare from the minds behind X-Wing, Crysis and Desert Combat." All games/mods that had substantial single player options.

These people never learn.

Don't these people pay attention to the medium they're marketing/funding on? Didn't a project JUST die horribly for the exact same reason?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 4, 2015, 11:40 Alamar

MindStalker3 wrote on May 4, 2015, 09:39:
FTA: Sponsorship work adds up to 10 to 15 hours of extra work per week, according to Ruiz. That includes playing video games live on a brandís Twitch channel, filming promotional videos, doing special events, or having lunch or dinner with a sponsor.

Umm, ok, negotiating contracts, having lunch with sponsors, etc, can get annoying, but I don't see how you can say playing games and filming videos is an annoying side task as that is literally your primary job. That is exactly what you are getting paid to do.

If <insert your profession> was literally your 60h a week job, would it be okay to add another 10-15h a week?

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Delayed
10. Re: Dead Island 2 Delayed May 1, 2015, 01:17 Alamar

Freddie wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 22:10:
How many more games are going to be delayed til next year ? My money is on Just Cause 3, Doom 4 & the 2 Tom Clancy games

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my Wild Hunt...

News Comments > Dark Souls II DS2Fix64 "Softbans"
9. Re: Dark Souls II DS2Fix64 Apr 30, 2015, 22:03 Alamar

Wow... From, doing it right... Great way to do it ; )  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 25, 2015, 14:01 Alamar

"[Fnd a way to pirate them. That's what we all did when we were kids with no money," he said. "Valve's job is to make it more convenient for you to not pirate stuff."

That's awesome ; )

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
68. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 18:47 Alamar

KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 18:31:
For anyone that is confused how much actual mod creator takes from sales and everyone else like valve or game maker:

The default Workshop contributor split is 25% (not including taxes). Valve receives the standard micro-transaction percentage and the rest goes to the game developers.

Enough f said.

25% is a good deal less than I expected, but after Valve's 30%, that leaves 45% for the people that actually put in the time/money to make the game... I'm trying to empathize with those complaining about any of this, but as a developer, and previous mod maker, I'm not seeing much of a realistic downside. I add the realistic part because of all the conspiracy theories that have been thrown around. But people react, instead of consider, so it's not an unexpected reaction...

One thing to consider, is that if this continues, it will have a few effects. If this becomes an alternative revenue stream for developers, that will urge them to make better tools... Skyrim may be crazy modded, and that's great, but imagine a world where it was developed for modders, instead of them having to hack their way into the game. Modders could provide actual content, supported by a better game design, and the end result is that the player gets to choose if they want to spend $10 on DLC content, or on modder content. The DLC should be higher quality, but that isn't always the case... More options for players is a good thing...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 23, 2015, 11:25 Alamar

Really depends on peoples definition of mainstream... Plenty of people don't consider golf a 'sport' for example : )

A few years back, I might have just automatically scoff, but considering how popular watching other people playing games has become (both twitch/streaming and life e-sport evens in WoW, LoL, Dota, etc), it seems likely.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2
1. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 10:01 Alamar

Awesome... Still not my preferred genre, but it looks great ; )  

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
36. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 12, 2015, 16:03 Alamar

jdreyer wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 20:01:
NKD wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 15:38:
I tried really hard to get into this but I found myself playing a lot more Diablo 3 in the long run. It's got a lot of the stuff I wanted from Diablo 3 but didn't get, but it also feels, I dunno, old school in a bad way? Clunky? I can't really put the feeling to words.

I haven't played D3 since the "reboot" but last year when I played them both, I ended up playing a lot more PoE than D3. It was simply better. That being said, I heard the D3 reboot patch makes it a much better game. Once I find the time, I intend to get back into D3.

I have played PoE since the D3 "reboot' but last year, when I played them both, I ended up playing a crap ton more D3 than PoE. It was simply better. That being said, I heard that the PoE changes since then make it a much better game. Once I find the time, I intend to get back into PoE.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
5. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 19:13 Alamar

Watched a 'first 15m' vid... Kinda sold, so finally put some real time into Witcher 2... And by that, I mean about 4 hours heh... Looking forward to some more tonight, but we'll see how far I can get...

Might... 'Pre-order' W3 launch day or the day before, but not entirely sure... Would like to see it on GMG though.

News Comments > WoW Tokens Explained
1. Re: WoW Tokens Explained Apr 7, 2015, 10:56 Alamar

Well, guess I know where all my gold is going... At 30k, if you put in some effort, you can make it all back long before account expiry too : )  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 13:13 Alamar

siapnar wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 11:30:
Any tips on where to get GTA cheapest?

Looks like GMG has it for $10 less than Steam, which is kind of surprising

What is surprising?

GMG has a near constant 20% off coupon... If it's not currently active (check their blog), wait a day... I haven't bought any near-launch AAA title from Steam in years, because GMG is always cheaper...

1949 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo