Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1814 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
45. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 11:26 Alamar

Nooooooo... We don't want consistency in our Minecraft mod support... Or a better UI... etc...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyforge Paladin Class Video
7. Re: Skyforge Paladin Class Video Sep 9, 2014, 10:37 Alamar

This is the first time I recall hearing about this game... And I think it looks fairly good. Not interested enough to go to the site, but if it comes out, and isn't overpriced, I'll take a gander...

I find the Paladin complaints ironic... Warrior/Mage/Cleric/Rogue are staples, and don't seem to get that kind of 'hate'. And really, it's just a name... The interesting parts, to me, are the variety in play styles... Paladin's in WoW play very differently than Paladin's in other games... It's just another recognizable word, where people can assume something faith/holy based, and a sword n board : )

News Comments > Revised Ryse: Son of Rome System Specs
2. Re: Revised Ryse: Son of Rome System Specs Sep 6, 2014, 16:40 Alamar

DangerDog wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 15:15:
I can see there's a concerted push for 4k gaming being a huge deal and even though I have a 1440p monitor I still prefer to game on a 1080p res screen. I'm sure I'll get there eventually with system upgrades but it's going to be several years from now just from looking at the prices of monitors that I've seen, the inexpensive 4k TV's are all 30hz at 4k.

Only $2500...

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer
4. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer Sep 6, 2014, 10:48 Alamar

That sounded like a different voice for Jack... Which... Really turns me off. It doesn't seem to have that whiny, cocky, attitudinal voice I was expecting...

And Prez, my stats for BL 1 are about what you mentioned, including ratio of SP to MP.

Edit: Just checked.. Same actor... Not sure if it's my memory, or he really just sounds different.

News Comments > Deadhold Announced
6. Re: Deadhold Announced Sep 4, 2014, 10:30 Alamar

Maybe it's because I'm older, but any time I see MOBA in the title, I'm automatically uninterested, and it needs to prove something...

I'm going to start announcing some SOBA games (Singleplayer Offline Battle Arena)...

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
9. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 10:24 Alamar

InBlack wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:50:
netnerd85 wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:49:
Omni wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:36:
Does anyone care ?
Yes. I want this game.

Why?

Because, like every title people on here bitch and whine about, it's not as bad as they claim...

Plus, you know... Different opinions/interests/etc...

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The fighting style took some adjusting, and was too easy in many ways, but otherwise it looked and played great.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus
6. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 10:53 Alamar

I've paid just about no interest to this title... I loved the first, and while I think the second is a better game in most ways, just couldn't get into it as much...

But I just did a youtube search, and clicked on a 'Claptrap gameplay vid', and 2s into it, he jumps... Now I can't play the game if they're going to mess with 'the lore'!

News Comments > Steam Allows Multiple Game Installs
5. Re: Steam Allows Multiple Game Installs Aug 27, 2014, 10:33 Alamar

Now you can not only buy, and not play games, you can install them and not play them!  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King Aug 26, 2014, 11:04 Alamar

Started playing/obsessing WoW again, so not sure I'll get to this tonight, but it's downloaded and ready : )  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 21, 2014, 21:53 Alamar

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 19:21:
“What I learned from doing the first campaign is that while some people cared about multiplayer, the vast majority of people who were excited about the game were excited about the single-player campaign and mod support,”

TLDR nothing more to add

Just for you bluesnewsers constantly trying to piddle coop as the next coming, coop is nice to have, but many games can be UTTERLY ruined by MP

I'm all for a good SP campaign, but coop makes nearly any SP game better : )

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
12. Re: Saturday Interviews Aug 17, 2014, 10:12 Alamar

Xil wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 10:19:
what the point in call it kings quest then ? Those who know the games from the past will expect a point and click adventure. Those not knowing the name from the past wont buy it because its called kings quest.....

Those that really know the games from the past will expect no mouse interaction, and everything will be typed : )

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor in November
10. Re: I'm so confused... Aug 14, 2014, 23:35 Alamar

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 22:59:
I'm really confused by this. In Warcraft 3 it was revealed that the orcs in Warcraft 1 and 2 were assholes because of demonic influence. So in this "alternate timeline", they rejected the demonic influence...yet are doing the same damn thing?

How does that make any sense?

Play the game to find out?

News Comments > Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date
4. Re: Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date Aug 14, 2014, 10:36 Alamar

Task wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:32:
The cinematics are unfortunately nothing like the game. Just click and watch your guy hack away at clicked thing.

You would be what is referred to as a baddie... : )

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
2. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 10:19 Alamar

Sierra was, by far, my fav company back then (25 years ago)... I had a great, under the table, summer job... and half my check went to them every week heh... I think I bought a dozen Sierra games that summer.

That's also when I first taught myself to code, and sent a few letters to Sierra, getting very encouraging responses both times. Apparently, they used a custom mix of C and Pascal at the time : )

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: How I Screwed Myself... Aug 7, 2014, 19:23 Alamar

I guess he's never heard of the mail room...  

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
19. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 13:38 Alamar

I'm apparently in the minority, but I bought this with my XBone, and I enjoyed it... I enjoyed the story, and this is the first time (outside of Dragon's Lair), where I've played a game with this kind of control scheme... It wasn't challenging, but it was interesting enough to keep me going until the end.

Sadly, my XBone has been in a box since I tried to take it back a week after I bought it, so I've barely touched the other game I picked it up with (Dead Rising 3).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2014, 13:56 Alamar

I like spicy food, though I won't order the hottest thing on the menu... I've had some too hot food, and it's a waste of money...

I never wear pants... I shovel 2ft of snow off my driveway in shorts... I do wear a coat though.

I generally don't care about celebrities... Except Blue... : )

I shave twice a week, because my favorite facial time is the day after shaving, when it's short and pokey : )

Cute article though... Being cracked, it's not surprising they go over the top with their ravings, but I've definitely seen examples of 4 of those ; )

Oh, and I need my sleep... Which reminds me of one time when I was... About 12, I 'slept' over at a friends place, but ended up playing on his family's C64 all night... I didn't own one, and the only times I got to play on them previous to that, was when visiting my aunt, because I would go to the mall in front of her place, and play on the C64 there for hours : )

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sacred 3
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sacred 3 Aug 5, 2014, 19:43 Alamar

I didn't like the first 2, but I liked the CGI for the third, so went to the Steam page to consider it... Looked over the reviews... first was negative... Unusual... next... negative... all... negative... Haven't seen that in like, ever...

Clicked on the 'All 178 reviews' linked... Just for fun, scanned through them all... Took like 140 to get to a blue/positive review... Counted 15 out of 178 were positive. Crazy shit.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 4, 2014, 00:29 Alamar

Axis wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 17:49:
Not surprising at all Divinity, but very glad they stuck to their guns and did it the way we knew would succeed.

I can't tell you how many idiot posts sounded like: "Turn based? LOLOL nothkxkbye!". Bet 90% bought the game and are glad they did...

Turn based is a large part of the reason I didn't get it... Does having different interest make me an idiot? : )

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2014, 15:55 Alamar

Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:40:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:15:
Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:12:
nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:18:
Guess Divinity is the new skyrim. Congrats to them!

Dammit, I was gonna say the same thing!

Okay, okay, let's put our wood away. When it's still in the top ten a year from now we can start saying that.

Or we can just give credit where credit is due. DOS is a top notch RPG that deserves the success it is receiving.

Granted, but it's been up there 3 weeks, not 30, so it's not really even close to Skyrim (yet?).

1814 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo