Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2028 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
4. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 09:51 Alamar

McTurbo wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 09:42:
they have no one to blame but themselves. wow didnt die because it got old.. it died because the developer shot themselves in the foot from lack of content and deciding they knew what the players wanted more than the players did.

Which players are these that actually know what they want? Within the realm of reality that is...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anno 2205 Released
2. Re: Anno 2205 Released Nov 3, 2015, 20:38 Alamar

I know just about nothing about this series, and that video doesn't help other than 'It appears to be an RTS'...

Is the previous Anno any good?

News Comments > Paragon Revealed
2. Re: Paragon Revealed Nov 3, 2015, 20:35 Alamar

ViRGE wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 20:12:
Am I missing something or is the game genre not even described?

'Reveal a char a week' screams MOBA (Ugh) or whatever Overwatch is...

I don't get the point of this teaser shit though... I imagine they think it excites people to hear more, but it does the exact opposite... The only reason I was interested up to this point is the name Paragon, and that's gone...

News Comments > The Technomancer Trailer
1. Re: The Technomancer Trailer Oct 30, 2015, 21:55 Alamar

Combat looks a bit wooden... But hopefully that'll get polished out.

Otherwise, looks neat ; )

News Comments > How to Survive 2 Early Access
1. Re: How to Survive 2 Early Access Oct 29, 2015, 22:08 Alamar

I think I'll finally reinstall the first, and get through it... Thought it was a very neat game ; )  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 10:35 Alamar

InBlack wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 10:22:
nin wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 10:07:
Glad you're ok, Blue!

If you don't mind me asking, what age are you that you had your first procedure?

You are not his telecom provider, you didn't make his OS. You are not Google, you are not the NSA, so you have no right to ask for that information! It's private!

Do those entities ask for that information?

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Released
2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Released Oct 27, 2015, 21:18 Alamar

hehe... The one negative Steam review I could see "this game is kind of like skyrim but the camera is not as good."

I recall a lot of praising this title upon launch, but I'm pretty sure it's not my style... Nice to see their improving it, but jacking the price back up kind of turns me off...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 27, 2015, 20:56 Alamar

jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 19:20:
Why one software CEO agreed to meet a patent troll—and then fought it to the end.

I love it when people take these patent troll fuckers on.

And win... Setting a precedent that can be used in future attempts...

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches Oct 27, 2015, 20:44 Alamar

'a new free expansion for those giving us money'...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 25, 2015, 18:40 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 13:46:
... it has been like 3-4 weeks in a row now... how is Counter Strike:GO still on this list? Who doesn't have CS:GO at this point?

Unless there was a mass banning recently, and cheaters are stockpiling more keys or something.

Never played any flavor of CS.. Don't intend to... Same goes for CoD and BF (I did own 1942 though)...

News Comments > Descent: Underground Early Access
1. Re: Descent: Underground Early Access Oct 22, 2015, 18:30 Alamar

Wow, that does not look like a $30 game... Cashing in on the name I'm guessing...  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 21, 2015, 22:44 Alamar

I picked this up long long ago.. Probably in a bundle... Put an hour or so into it, but Adventure games just aren't my thing now... Haven't really played them since DOTT, Monkey Island, Kyrandia... Loved those back then though : )  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Tales of Zestiria
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Tales of Zestiria Oct 20, 2015, 17:44 Alamar

killer_roach wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 14:54:
Then again, at 4K most of the time you're limited to 30Hz refresh rate anyway unless you're using DisplayPort (which I'm not).

I had a weird set of circumstances with my 4K...

Had a 770, and bought a 4K 50" TV and plugged it in... I could be mis-remembering, but I think it was fine at 4K x 60Hz... But I wanted to run it better on newer games, so upgraded to a 970, which broke it... Read some things, and picked up a higher end cable, and did some other stuff, and got it to work at 4K x 60Hz...

My TV is a pain in the ass with picking up the 4K properly, and it's at 4:4:2 instead of the proper color setting (not possible on this TV's hardware), but it's damn fine for some games at 4K : )

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 19, 2015, 00:40 Alamar

Improve your life by not bothering to read that article...  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2015, 14:38 Alamar

I've always thought TB was an asshole... But Cancer is a bigger asshole, so good luck TB : )  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta This Month
2. Re: Overwatch Beta This Month Oct 14, 2015, 19:34 Alamar

Maybe.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 14, 2015, 19:33 Alamar

'100% realistic'... Means I'm not even gonna look at it... Has to be a joke though...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 14, 2015, 15:03 Alamar

Nice to see Crimsonland is still around, making them money... I bought that game like 15+ years ago...  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 10, 2015, 18:23 Alamar

Jensen wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 16:45:
My PC is several years old, and still does fine for the kinds of games I play. But I'm going to build a new PC soon for VR. If there are enough others like me, and the VR thing takes off, there may be an uptick in sales for a segment of the PC market. Nvidia's gotta love that the minimum recommendation for the Oculus Rift is a 970.

It's interesting to me how the Phone industry is a race to the top, everyone wants the newest fastest phone, but most PC buyers get the cheapest laptop possible. I'd bet that the average phone screen resolution is higher than the average laptop resolution.

That last part is very likely, and will even be so vs desktops soon enough... Cell phone displays have crazy pixel density, and because they're small, it's easier to make a flawless piece...

However, cell phone resolution is kind of a moot metric... Sure, things look a little better depending on resolution, but it's still such hugely different than the usefulness of a higher resolution (more room for shit) on a PC screen. I have a 4K 'Monitor' so that I can put multiple 'full sized' windows on it... Have had dual+ displays for ages, but this is a little nicer in many ways... And the occasional 4k content (video or games) is so pretty : )

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M
14. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M Oct 9, 2015, 12:37 Alamar

siapnar wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 11:58:
PHJF wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 11:28:
So what you're saying is... it will be out of EA and polished to a sheen in no time at all.
Not sure why you'd expect an early access game to be finished in no time at all. It's in early access because it's early in development.

This is actually a really good point... On the one hand, getting something early, could just mean it was a week/month before normal... Early access as a term has existed for a long time in that regard... The press used to get early access to games (media in general) for reviews...

Maybe that's where some of the confusion comes from, but looking at it like what you're saying would make a lot of grumpy people more aware of what they're getting into... It's not beta, it may not even be alpha, or the new favorite of developers showing anything off; pre-alpha... I would imagine most people think EA = beta, which is so far off the mark most of the time...

2028 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo