Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1697 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift
7. Re: Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift Aug 3, 2012, 23:06 Alamar

But will it have mega textures? That's the real question.

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 3, 2012, 00:21 Alamar

With the same hardware, Windows 7/OpenGL/L4D2 clocks in at 303.4 fps compared to Windows 7/DirectX/L4D2 at 270.6 fps. In short: OpenGL is faster than DirectX.

So... If I find a game that runs faster on DirectX than OpenGL... Can I write an article saying that 'OpenGL is slower than DirectX'?

-Alamar

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today
25. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today Aug 2, 2012, 15:57 Alamar

NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 11:23:
Kinda regret preordering this. Got more and more unimpressed with this one as time went on. Giving my account to my brother. Can't play it on this craptop right now anyway.

Or.... Just get a refund, like I did...

The game may be a huge disappointment, but their CS was awesome... I really can't compare it to competitors though, as I have never asked for a refund before...

-Alamar

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! 2
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! 2 Jul 30, 2012, 23:13 Alamar

Noticed this available for (disreputable) download.. Didn't know it was this close. I thought the first (demo) was great, but ended up barely playing retail... Steam claims about 90m played.

It is one, of many, that I need to 'power through', but I'm just not feeling it...

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 30, 2012, 13:28 Alamar

So it WOULD be fair to say that Bluesnews.com is a pimple on Facebook's ass... Or the like...

That's meant to be silly, not insulting...

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2012, 23:55 Alamar

Disappointing Parkour vid.. So much showboating, so little cool shit...

-Alamar

News Comments > Castle Story Kickstarter
9. Re: Castle Story Kickstarter Jul 28, 2012, 17:27 Alamar

DrEvil wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 16:59:
Not surprising; Markus Persson (aka "Notch") posted about this on Twitter yesterday and their donations skyrocketed.

Wonder if Cutter will come in here and say something bad about him : )

As for DG2... I feel bad doing it, but I have to laugh at them jumping on the KS bandwagon, and not making their goal, when they (from the start) listed extra goals at 2, 3, 4x the initial (far too high) goal of 250k...

I also expect their game to get made either way, and reserve (my) KS donations to those that need it.

Edit: On topic... Not sure it's my style of game, but the first few mins of the (Castle Story) vid looked pretty cool... I'm glad they made their goal : )

-Alamar

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: Blizzard/Valve and Win8 Jul 27, 2012, 22:47 Alamar

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 22:12:
They haven't done a 'big' game in years

I could have sworn that Portal 2 had shipped...

Sure, but when was the last big game they did?

As for Win8 adoption, the fact they're letting consumers as far back as XP upgrade for $40 means they'll get some numbers.

-Alamar

News Comments > INVERSION on Steam
1. Re: INVERSION on Steam Jul 27, 2012, 21:06 Alamar

Don't recall ever having heard about this, but saw it on steam, and the video looked alright.. Not enough to do more research though : )

No demo listed either, so maybe never...

-Alamar

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Digital Preorders
27. Re: Borderlands 2 Digital Preorders Jul 27, 2012, 17:01 Alamar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 14:22:
Alamar is buying from GMG.

I have 2 BL2 copies.

1 going to Creston for 38 USD (on hold).

I have 1 more copy fr 38 USD.

Sorry again about that... Not living in the US, it ended up less of a hassle for me to get it this way. Plus the other person I was 'going in with' is a bit flaky on the decision.

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 26, 2012, 23:02 Alamar

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 17:19:
For me, not even worth it for $5. I felt so disappointed by DarkSiders, not because it was a bad game or full of bugs, but because it was so consoly. I just couldn't stand the gameplay: linear paths through levels, button mashing, etc.

Wrong thread, or did you mean Prototype?

I have about 20 hours in (80% through), though that may be steam afk 'exaggeration', and I'm loving it... As I've mentioned elsewhere, the game plays like the first with some improvements, and a few not-so-improvements...

It may be worth noting two things... I'm not as picky about consolitis as the other curmudgeons, so big UI and more keyboard (vs mouse) control is preferred. And... I have botha PS3 and 360, and I waited to pick it up on steam; only games I buy on consoles are exclusives.

-Alamar

News Comments > WoW Mists of Pandaria in September
14. Re: WoW Mists of Pandaria in September Jul 25, 2012, 12:54 Alamar

So when LK was coming out... Arthas was a big figure... We knew he was the foozle (props to the oldies - CGW FTW)...

When Cata came out, Deathchin made a big presence, and we knew he was the foozle...

Now, sure, admittedly, I haven't followed Mists dev, but... Who the hell is the foozle?

-Alamar

News Comments > Indie Royale July Jubilee Bundle
8. Re: Indie Royale July Jubilee Bundle Jul 25, 2012, 11:44 Alamar

Kitkoan wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 17:44:
Rattlehead wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 14:29:
I would get unepic but to me it's borderline plagarism. I hate the excuse of "homage", "tribute", and "reference", to me it sounds like a cheap, cop-out way of using someone else' work to include and use in your game. I mean easter eggs are one thing, but this is a direct rip off of castlevania.

How is it borderline plagarism? I don't understand that part.

Because of its game style? If so, then every FPS could be said to be a copy of Wolfenstein, many JRPG's would be copies of Dragon Quest, etc... Or is there something about it I'm missing? (never played it beyond the demo's first save point).

I'm with this guy... I haven't played the game, but the gameplay vid I just watched doesn't look anything like Castlevania to me, and I'm a HUGE fan of the (2D) series...

Which again, just in case one of them is watching... Make the next Castlevania using the Trine engine (or similar).

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 25, 2012, 11:34 Alamar

A link so nice, he posts it twice...

As an owner of an iMac... Meh... It's a required upgrade, which I'm going to be always bitter about, but I don't know what, if anything, it adds...

-Alamar

News Comments > WoW Mists of Pandaria in September
2. Re: WoW Mists of Pandaria in September Jul 25, 2012, 11:33 Alamar

nin wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 11:23:
Oh god! The itch! It's back! Fuck!

heh...

I'm usually wary of Digital Deluxe versions, but this one has a D3 sigil, so I'm all over that...

Seriously though... I may partake, but it's hard to say... I imagine I would enjoy the new leveling content, and possibly the monk (which I'm sure will be crazy OP for the next 6 months)...

But my huge letdown with GW2 makes me wonder if that's mostly my waning interest in massives... Hard to say though, as I thoroughly enjoyed both Rift and SWTOR (for the short time that I played them).

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PROTOTYPE 2
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - PROTOTYPE 2 Jul 24, 2012, 21:49 Alamar

WyldKat wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 17:07:
Totalbiscuit &#8207;@Totalbiscuit

Confirming game runs like crap on a 3930k and GTX680 as soon as you leave the tutorial. Turning off options yields no results. AVOID

Sounds like a poorly optimized, shitty console port at that.

Quoting a dumbass FTL...

I imagine, like many games, there are some H/W kinks to work out... Hopefully it gets fixed...

However, for me, and my 5+ hours played today... no issues... No noticeable rendering 'lag' or choppiness... I'm also running a 3840x1080 res (dual monitors), but playing on one, so the game is in 1920x1080.

i7-2700k, GT 560i 448...

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PROTOTYPE 2
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - PROTOTYPE 2 Jul 24, 2012, 13:56 Alamar

I'm enjoying it : )

Some (obviously) changes from the first... some good, some not so good...

Has a similar feel, which is good, but power progression is more... structured... In the first, you just racked up points and picked which powers you want... In this one, powers are in categories... Some unlock with missions, others you get a point for, to choose one of ## available... And you have levels now, which give you points to put into 'stats' like health, regen, movement, etc...

As for being a console port, I don't feel it... But I also don't have as much issue with it as others, so who knows... I'm sure some people will find shit to bitch about ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Minecraft Patent Lawsuit
16. Re: Minecraft Patent Lawsuit Jul 22, 2012, 18:13 Alamar

Kastagir wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 18:05:
Certainly no offense meant to Blue for posting the story, but I stopped reading at "giving his outlook on such litigation." I could care less what the defendant opines about the litigation he is facing, particularly when his strategy is outlined as "throw piles of money at making sure they don't get a cent." Personally, I'm more interested in whether this case has merit, and this story doesn't offer any illumination on that question.

"by or through making, using, offering for sale, selling and/or importing Android based applications for use on cellular phones and/or tablet devices that require communication with a server to perform a license check to prevent the unauthorized use of said application"

That seemed pretty clear to me... And while I wouldn't jump on the 'All software patents are evil' bandwagon, this kind of patent is annoying...

So while I think some software patents are valid (no, I don't have examples), I wouldn't mind the practice being abolished... And the money spent on tracking down plagiarism (of code) instead... Because I and millions of others have had original ideas that someone already thought of : )

-Alamar

News Comments > WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements
14. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 23:48 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 19:19:
In other news, the Guild Wars 2 beta is alright.

I may be pretty damned disappointed with the game, but their support (I'm assuming the other 99.999% of it is the same) was good... Processed my refund request in 3 minutes flat... No muss, no fuss...

-Alamar

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Development Complete
27. Re: Borderlands 2 Development Complete Jul 20, 2012, 17:28 Alamar

ochentay4 wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 12:54:
This is fantastic... On the old days thet would release that unfinished class to E V E R Y O N E on a later PATCH. YES. A PATCH. NOT DLC. A PATCH.

Dont forget everyone who likes this game will get RAPED by PAID DLC. I will not make the same mistake with Borderlands 1. I will buy the game a year and a half later as a GOTY for 5 bucks with all DLC.

I'll never ever ever ever buy a game at launcha again. NEVER. PERIOD.

EDIT: Of course they announced on Twitter they just began making DLC!!!! Why not fixing the bugs that slipped through gold (of couse they game will have bugs, remember Borderlands 1? It still needs an external config tool made by people to improve the game) Of course they can make further changes to the game!!!!!!!!!!!!

EPIC RANT hahahahahaha Middlefinger

I also miss the old days when new content (not just fixes) came in patches... Companies of old, were so damn happy you bought their game, they wanted to keep you as a customer (even when they weren't getting much extra from it)...

As for being 'raped' by DLC... Not so much... DLC is optional (for me), so if I pick it up (and that's very likely - I enjoyed all the non-arena DLC for Borderlands), it'll be at $3 each, or less... Just like I did with Dead Island's Ryder White this last week... Which was worth $3, but not much more ; )

As for fixing bugs... I didn't really take 'being done' meaning that won't happen, though their wording sucks... And the lack of support for Borderlands sucks more... I don't need what the config app adds, but I do appreciate the options, and the fact that they never fixed this shit (including font sizes for extra 'affix' guns, and not being able to hover over the sniper weapon level bar) is disgusting...

I'll still throw my money at them, near launch (shortly before for the inevitable discount & 'VIP' shit), but having just stopped playing a session of the first, which clocks me in on steam at 238, I can't imagine not getting my money's worth.

-Alamar

1697 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo