Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1831 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3: Awakened
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3: Awakened Mar 12, 2013, 19:18 Alamar

I swear this game just came out like last week...

Though, I'm actually thinking of Crysis 3...

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shackleton Crater Kickstarter
2. Re: Shackleton Crater Kickstarter Mar 11, 2013, 21:10 Alamar

Perhaps it's just me.. But stretch goals, especially as lofty as 6 times the original ask, is just absurd, when you haven't yet made a dent into the original ask.

Also... 700k to fund it, but MORE than double that, just to hand off a second copy to everyone... That 'math' is just insulting. Even if every backer doubled their donation, for, you know... A second copy, it wouldn't be enough...

Anyhow... G'luck ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted
9. Re: What's a CD? Mar 10, 2013, 17:52 Alamar

jimnms wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 17:05:
I notice a lot of people still use the term "CD Key" when games haven't been on CDs in a long time. Even when DVDs replaced CDs, people continued to call them "CD Keys."

A DVD is a CD : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
15. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 20:05 Alamar

rist3903 wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 19:47:
For those of you thinking of playing this, I highly recommend starting on hardcore. When your hardcore char dies, he gets put into the non-hardcore league.

This adds quite a bit of frisson to the experience of playing it, especially for the first time in my opinion.

That... is a really interesting take on what hardcore means...

I imagine some will hate it, but in some ways, it gives the benefit of both.

-Alamar

News Comments > Dead Space 4 Cancelled?
15. Re: Dead Space 4 Cancelled? Mar 5, 2013, 10:37 Alamar

Must have been all the piracy...

-Alamar

News Comments > On Diablo III's Future
7. Re: On Diablo III's Future Mar 1, 2013, 20:54 Alamar

Trevellian wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 19:37:
Heres a fucking idea, get rid of the Auction House that no one asked for and make better item drops.

Bam, fixed your fucking game Blizzard. Send my check in the mail.

Dipshits.

Are you new here, or to gaming in general?

As much as the AH is arguably a failure, it is somethings hundreds of thousands (I counted and verified identities) of gamers asked, begged, and pleaded for...

Personally, I vend everything I don't need, because I don't want to waste time 'playing the AH', so you can imagine how much less likely it would have been for me to use the old, much-more-effort-required system of spamming 'trade chat' or the like.

-Alamar

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
14. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 11:26 Alamar

briktal wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 11:22:
Tumbler wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:37:
It's a weird move to sell something you call a season pass but then exclude certain things. But they did explain the dlc included by the pass from the beginning so it is what it is.

So not only are devs cutting content from games to sell as DLC, they are cutting content from DLC to sell as more DLC?

heh... well put... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 26, 2013, 10:53 Alamar

Re: Apple refunds...

On the one hand, I feel bad for the parents... On the other, just disable the functionality... iOS let's you disable in app purchasing, and Android lets you assign a PIN to allow purchases...

Though as the 'kids' get older, the more likely they'll know the pin, in which case, hopefully you can remove CC information from the accounts.

-Alamar

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
8. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 10:39 Alamar

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:34:
Shataan wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:26:
Shouldn`t that read.... Randy "Ego-Maniac" Pitchford? Or Randy "Stupid is as Stupid does" Pitchford? Both work. ;p

"No one likes to be called a liar, especially if their intent was pure and they always spoke the truth when they spoke it."

He's PURE! And he speaks the truth when he speaks it (whatever the fuck that means).

You really don't know what that means?

Let's use Blizzard as an example... A Blizzard 'blue' says 'we would like to have feature YYY'... Feature YYY never happens... Fan(atic)s say 'Liars!!! You promised us feature YYY!!!'...

-Alamar

News Comments > Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite
16. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 20, 2013, 00:32 Alamar

zombiefan wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 21:53:
I'll be waiting for the reviews. I've finally made the decision to only play the cream of the crop when it comes to games. Too much other shit to do than waste my time on shit.

This sentiment is what I find 'wrong with the world'...

If something is not 'the cream or that crop', it is 'shit'...

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup Feb 20, 2013, 00:08 Alamar

Quboid wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 20:12:
Should be fun, I too had to get past the "it's not Far Cry" mental barrier but once I did I enjoyed Crysis 2 for what it was, a game equivalent of a Jason Statham movie.

DangerDog, was that final code?

I never understood all the hate for aliens in Crysis... Though I imagine this is part of it, and the fact I didn't play far cry helps my lack of understanding...

As for the 6h campaign length, I'll wait for some real numbers... Almost every shooter in the last decade has had the same complaint, and the times listed are always somewhere between 'normal' and speed runs...

For some 'actual' values, Crysis was about 10.3h (Warhead at 5.5h), and Crysis 2 was about 8.75h, so assuming 6h is off by the usual amount, it may be just slightly shorter than the previous...

Values taken from howlongtobeat.com ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC
1. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 16, 2013, 12:29 Alamar

I really need to get back into the SpellForce games... I really enjoy them, but they're sooooo long... Which is both good and bad...

-Alamar

News Comments > Crysis 3 Preorders Soar
17. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 12:08 Alamar

Redmask wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 12:00:
Announcement to tell people that yep, people are preordering the game so you should too. I always hate these things, they seem like such a waste of time.

And yet, it works, and the sheep lap it up...

Just like every second game is a game of the year, etc...

-Alamar

News Comments > Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games
20. Re: Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games Feb 14, 2013, 14:22 Alamar

But... What about Wildman?

-Alamar

News Comments > Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game
6. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 11:33 Alamar

Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 10:17:
Alamar wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 10:03:
Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 09:37:
So..gambling basically? Weird.

If you like ALL their other games, is it?

It's hard to say because we don't know if this game is like all their other games

Let's go back to a time before Blizzard garnered tons of hatred...

If they had pulled something like this, they would have made millions of sales...

And personally, I think that, the smaller the studio, the more likely their games will have similar feel/humor/etc... Even across genre's. As an example, if this were the Trine developers (I also liked Shadowgrounds)... I might throw money at them sight unseen...

-Alamar

News Comments > Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game
4. Re: Video Teases Preorders for Unannounced Game Feb 14, 2013, 10:03 Alamar

Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 09:37:
So..gambling basically? Weird.

If you like ALL their other games, is it?

Personally, I couldn't pass up a sale like that, even though I've never seen their games... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Developer: Demos Kill Sales
14. Re: Developer: Demos Kill Sales Feb 12, 2013, 10:24 Alamar

Just like all other blanket statements, this one doesn't fit every game/company/etc...

Beamer made a good point; Games with high expectations don't need demos...

Which supports my point, which is that, as always, demo's are a great way to get people interested... And is nothing new... There have been complaints here/everywhere for a decade+ that new IP doesn't happen enough, and this is a big part of why...

Now, for my own stuff, and any other indie outfit, demo's are still required to get the word out, so to speak... And honestly, humble bundle and the like are just an extension of this (each developer making under a buck per sale is basically demo price - Not that a few hundred sales, even at a buck, is ever bad : ).

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2013, 13:50 Alamar

Blue,

Year after year... That joke never gets old...

Thanks for the good times ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Why Borderlands 2 Level Cap is Still 50
20. Re: Why Borderlands 2 Level Cap is Still 50 Feb 8, 2013, 12:05 Alamar

ItBurn wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 10:41:
It's a failure of design if when you reach the cap you have "all skills" and are just like every other character. You plan in advance a system that works. A good excuse may be lack of time/funding, but again, planning.

I agree, but I see 'all skills' and 'just like every other character' as different things...

But let me elaborate... If you can unlock all skills by/at max level, but can't use them all in your build, you're not just like every other character... Except... The Internet... Popular builds are posted, and a good percentage of players use them, so you could argue that unlocking skills (instead of following a skill path and having all skills out of that path locked, always) means that everyone ends up the same, so 'all skills' and 'just like...' are the same...

Except that even if skills are locked in when you choose them, people research builds earlier and all end up the same anyways, so it's kind of moot : )

I'm personally (hobby dev) using a design where you can unlock stuff as you level, and then choose your focus (let's say, offense vs defense vs movement), and that lets you 'slot' a given number of skills from each focus... Letting you swap your focus (at your base) in between 'adventures' let's you not be gimped (as badly)... But in the end, some people just want to be locked in, and want to have to make a new character. Others want to be locked in, but know beforehand (again making locking moot)... And hopefully many just want to build a new character based on a new item/skill found (For example, D2's low-mid level unique items).

Anyhow, I'm ranting, so I'm done ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 10:10 Alamar

We had about a foot of snow here last night... Don't think I'll be making the trek into work this morning ; )

-Alamar

1831 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo