Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1753 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 20, 2012, 18:52 Alamar

PropheT wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 18:17:
They don't mention in the article that it was turned over the to the police and they said there was nothing wrong, it wasn't even a nude picture.

This is why my hobby is gaming, and not watching/reading news entertainment...

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Oct 19, 2012, 14:15 Alamar

Beamer wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 13:35:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 13:27:
Feargus Urquhat can do whatever he wants with my pre-order. Which is why I pre-ordered from Feargus Urquhat.

However, I swear upon all that is good and green and righteous on this fair planet that if I don't get a cloth map, I shall hand him a needle and thread and wait.

Yeah, that's a safer bet, as his kickstarter is for something he's done before. Then again, Haunts seemed to have a strong pedigree, too, but it was a guy really taking on much more than he'd ever done. Fergus, Tim Schafer, etc., are all safer bets because they've actually done this budgeting and understand how the process of going from a concept on paper to an actual release works.

Plus, he asked for a lot of money, and got a ton... Schafer that is...

I'd like to start a KS project and be honest... 'We need 50k to make the project, but if you give us more, we'll add chicken to our Ramen/Noodles'. In other words, we're willing to work for expenses, but if we get more, we will spend it (waste it) on the same things our customers spend their money on : )

-Alamar

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Oct 19, 2012, 12:06 Alamar

It's a tricky balance for small/indie devs to post their ideas to KS...

The biggest mistake I'm seeing is the $25k goal, which, while it was passed, it already started far too low... If you're only paying developers 2-3k a month (below poverty in many countries), time tables/estimation needs to be dead on or the above happens... Plus apparently, they also got 45k from another source, showing just how badly their estimation was off...

But again, a tricky balance, because as I've seen here a bunch of times, for some odd reason, backers don't think they should be paying for salary... Like all Indie devs should (or are able to) work for free to get the product they love out the door... The point, in my mind, of KS, is to turn a hobby project that someone doesn't need to be paid for, that will take a year or two, into something a team can focus on for half a year and get done...

Anyhow, hopefully this one can be picked up, either by the 'friends' company or elsewhere, but I hardly think the story is anything unusual... Just because the guy on forbes just heard about KS this last year, doesn't mean projects haven't been failing to deliver for the last decade : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Indie Royale Fall Bundle
3. Re: Indie Royale Fall Bundle Oct 16, 2012, 16:38 Alamar

Bet wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 13:52:
First 3 listed are all recognized as good. Reprisal looks exactly like the game I wanted to play earlier this summer and had no idea it existed (Populous-like). Bundles like this are a good time.

I remember when Reprisal was shown here a while back... Looked promising : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 11:50 Alamar

As for GMG and fraud, I've had similar issues with this site... In both cases, I'll just assume it's a 'false positive' : )

So I glanced over the kotaku review, and noticed one of the comments sporting 'One of the main selling points for this game is having so much variety in the skill trees.'... I'll leave it at that ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow
12. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 00:15 Alamar

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 00:01:
Can't bring myself to play anymore. The game is just not fun at all. Probably have 400 hours in this game by now and nary a legendary have I seen. Worst itemization in any game made in the last 20 years.

But 1.0.5 doubles the chance for legendaries, so you could put in another 400 for 2 x 0 : )

I believe I put in about that amount, and found 5 or so... I think one may have been useful (I stopped playing before they buffed em, for the most part).

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 21 More Games
11. Re: Steam Greenlights 21 More Games Oct 15, 2012, 21:50 Alamar

Prez wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 21:42:
I am all for supporting indies but I find myself clicking on the "No thanks/Not interested" box for the lion's share of these. Indie or not, I feel that a game needs to look special and exciting, otherwise what's the point? It may be a bias, but I pass on almost all 2D platformers. It's time for indies to step up their game I think. Miner Wars looks exciting, but it's an MMO, so not for me.

Is having to buy every title on Steam getting to you with all these new submissions? : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Transformers Universe Beta Signups
1. Re: Transformers Universe Beta Signups Oct 15, 2012, 21:47 Alamar

I wonder if you'll be able to buy the option to change the sound from the new (crappy) sound in the movies to the old (awesomesauce) version : )

In other words, I'm old ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow
5. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 15, 2012, 21:15 Alamar

LaxerFL wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 20:41:
How can there be no skill points/trees? That was my favorite part of D2, planning a character out and then working towards that plan...

I don't mind the change in D3, I enjoyed levelling moreso actually, but I totally understand the desire to earn those points every level...

Some of the design decisions were to make it so people couldn't mess up their character, but it took away from the people that wanted that possibility, and those that WANT to make multiple alts of the same class; something that is moot in D3.

As for 1.0.5, I like the way the patches are going, but I'm too busy with other stuff to get back into it... I'm 99% sure i'll pick up the expansion when it hits though. I prefer new content (areas, story, mobs) to re-grinding : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 12, 2012, 23:22 Alamar

Was looking forward to the iPad mini, but the new iPod is 300, so I'm not expecting this one to be too much...

-Alamar

News Comments > AAIMIE Kickstarter
2. Re: AAIMIE Kickstarter Oct 11, 2012, 10:40 Alamar

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 14:02:
"a first-person dungeon crawler in a modern environment"

Not to be mistaken with a "modern look".

I also found it uninspiring...

Also, how modern an environment is a power facility on a distant planet?

Wouldn't that be defined as futuristic? : )

-Alamar

News Comments > WoW Toon Genocide Hotfixed
2. Re: WoW Toon Genocide Hotfixed Oct 8, 2012, 10:26 Alamar

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 09:39:
Was someone abusing the sword of a thousand truths again?

Heh nice...

Makes me wonder... Is this a bug that's been around and someone just decided to have fun... Or maybe it's not that complicated... Perhaps it triggers a deathchin type event, as that would just auto kill anyone in the target area...

-Alamar

Yes, I still call him deathchin... Leno's dragon form : )

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 4, 2012, 20:51 Alamar

Watched the clip n YouTube because this one no workie for me, but holy crap, I found that surprisingly bad... I really didn't like the two main chars (the two sons, as it were)...

-Alamar

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
36. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 15:24 Alamar

BobBob wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 15:08:
Beelzebud wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 14:48:
Too much time and effort, for very little real world payoff.

MMOs defined.

Hobbies defined...

I disagree of course... I think entertainment/joy/pleasure/etc are a good real world payoff : ) Otherwise, all anyone could ever justify using their time on, is exercise : )

-Alamar

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
30. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 14:11 Alamar

TheEmissary wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:02:
The question is what will be the drop off be like after two months when the people that only came back to see the expansion. You saw spikes like these around all of the other expansions.

I do agree that GW2 is probably one of the strongest competitors to WOW at the moment. After seeing an MMO implement like one of the previous posters said, the tag-less mobs is hard not to want that in other games. The dynamic events that cycle through basic PVE quests to outdoor world boss is a fun change in that game.

There are few things that World of Warcraft seems to do a bit better such as tying the lore together a bit better. It is probably possible for the games to coexist.

I'm also curious about the two month drop off, but for GW2... Seems every second day, I see a new thread of many posts of people (finally) realizing it's the same ol...

As for Mists... The initial sales are not all that different than previous expansion, and also surpasses one (that is conveniently left out of the bashing report nin linked).

In either case, numbers, and personal opinions matter not... A ton, as in, millions, of people, are thoroughly enjoying both (and even Rift/SWTOR) games ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Mentioned
29. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 15:03 Alamar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 14:01:
Here is that WoW reference I mentioned last week. Have another character in the area and took a pic.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100266453

That doesn't seem WoW related to me...

-Alamar

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing?
59. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 28, 2012, 14:11 Alamar

I love that this thread is all about shitting on Blizzard and sheepishly agreeing with the sensationalist news, but when there's a story about how PC games sales are dying, and 99% of the thread is 'OMG, no they're not, digital!!!'...

Hypocrisy much : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2012, 10:43 Alamar

Wouldn't the 'Luckiest Man on Earth' just have not gotten into the accident in the first place? : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Darksiders II DLC Released
1. Re: Darksiders II DLC Released Sep 26, 2012, 10:40 Alamar

This is so not going to happen for me... Darksiders II took a back seat to everything heh...

Maybe when they're all out, and steam-sale-cheap... But maybe not...

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview
2. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview Sep 22, 2012, 14:22 Alamar

Cyant wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 14:03:
Guildwars 2, Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are out we dont care at this point Blizzard just give up already...

Responses like that are why EA thrives... : )

Seriously, it's stupid to support your products after the first few months... Just let them die, like EA : )

-Alamar

1753 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo