Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1810 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 22, 2013, 10:15 Alamar

nin wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 09:40:
Looks like amazon is updating their ship dates of PS4, based on the launch date. Got an email overnight, stating it was estimated as November 15th. Can't wait!

But that's what you're doing...

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in February 2014
1. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in February 2014 Aug 21, 2013, 19:51 Alamar

I really need to sit down and get through the rest of the first game... Huge Castlevania fan, but mostly for the Platformer RPGs...

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
7. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 09:19 Alamar

Screw the expansion... I just came here to give 'props' to Blue for his Thanos mention : )

Being a big Adam Warlock fan, I know all about the Thanos : )

-Alamar

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
15. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 10:43 Alamar

avianflu wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 10:37:
something tells me that you can ask for a refund once and you'll get it.

Ask later on a different game? The answer is "no."

Strictly a marketing ploy.

Partially a marketing ploy, but this kind of answers the question earlier in the thread... If people try to abuse the system, it won't let them...

Of the hundreds of Steam games I have, there are probably about 3 that I would have wanted a refund for, and getting even 1 of those would have been great : )

-Alamar

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
14. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 10:41 Alamar

wtf_man wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 09:53:
While this is a move in the right direction... it should be 24 hours after first launch of the game or even 24 hours after actual download... I buy games on Steam Sales and don't get around to playing them for weeks, due to backlog.

And yes... there are a few games in my library that I wish I could get a refund on.

But... You realize that YOU... Have a problem... The system shouldn't be managed for the exception.

I have taken to installing every new game I have in a bundle, and when I'm done with it, will remove it... I'm at about 65 games, of which there are about 5 I've beaten, and can remove (but don't, because I play them again, like Terraria, Dark Souls, Hammerwatch; Going through on Hard now; beat the skeleton boss last night).

-Alamar

News Comments > Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access
7. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access Aug 19, 2013, 23:15 Alamar

Soooo I pretty much have to get this... Considering the name and all... Though maybe not yet, or for early access...

Also, for those interested in gameplay, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gPZiFUreEk

I'm happy to see the turn based combat is not crazy slow, but it's a bit hectic until you're used to it.

-Alamar

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed
29. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 16, 2013, 21:41 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 17:34:
deqer wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 16:26:
Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 11:24:
Have to keep that content coming all the time regularly.
Sorry, but, being a "lifer" at playing video games is not an appropriate lifestyle to have. I'm sorry you're a hardcore that spends all your life in your cave playing games, and therefore you get bored quicker than the rest of the normal people; but that's not our problem your lifestyle is like that.

The first "M" in "MMO" stands for "Massive". With "massive" games, requires massive time to play/enjoy entirety of it. If you spent all that massive time in your cave already, then that's your problem. Don't bitch at the developers because you have an addiction that you can't moderate.

And another troll joins the ranks on the ignore list.

Gratzies on the most ironic statement I've ever seen you make : )

Plus... How the hell was he not on your list already?

-Alamar

News Comments > Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer
16. Re: Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer Aug 16, 2013, 21:03 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 18:40:
I played through the entire Dead Island campaign, even though it got a little grindy for my tastes, mostly due to zombies respawning in areas you just cleared as you make your way back.

The free running aspects seem pretty fun, the graphics look vastly improved, I'll probably at least try this on a Steam sale or something. Although Warner Bros is involved, this may end up being cursed with GFWL.

Hopefully this time the character powers aren't so horribly balanced... did anybody actually play the throwing skills guy in Dead Island?

The 'throwing skills' guy was the first char I played, and the only one fun enough to get through the game... After throwing shock knives that AOE on the target, moving to a blade/blunt weapon, or a gun seemed... weak...

-Alamar

News Comments > Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer
9. Re: Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer Aug 16, 2013, 17:50 Alamar

'near Vancouver'... Every... Damn... Time...

My only option growing up was Silicon Knights, and I bombed my interview, so I ended up making a crap ton more money instead... Instead of making games and being abused... Pro's and Con's all around : )

-Alamar

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch Nears [Updated]
2. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Nears [Updated] Aug 16, 2013, 11:23 Alamar

I didn't think anything would make me want to play again... But there it is...

-Alamar

News Comments > Guardians of Middle-earth for PC This Month
7. Re: Guardians of Middle-earth for PC This Month Aug 15, 2013, 23:35 Alamar

Kajetan wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 16:38:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 16:33:
Is it just me, or is the MOBA landscape completely oversaturated?
It is. And i haven't played any MOBA at all. Not even the first Dota mod for WC3. Life still goes on!

I fought against this claim with MMO's, especially as people made them when the first MMO after WoW came out, which was just silly...

But I've seen like 5 MOBA announcements this month... I'm mostly ignorant to the genre, but it seems to be pretty/too busy.

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Aug 15, 2013, 12:35 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 11:12:
Darks wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 10:22:
All of the games except Dead Space 3 are Steam, in fact you get both sets of keys when you buy this deal.

Fair warning, Battlefield 3 (assuming you pay over the 5 bucks or whatever) is also Origin only. Although hopefully everybody knows about BF3 at this point.

*EDIT* Typo.

No steam key for Sims either... Not that it would affect many Bluesnewsians : )

-Alamar

News Comments > GTA5 PC Confirmed?
36. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 14:45 Alamar

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 14:10:
Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:14:
Rigs wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 10:38:
THEN, and only then, do they start to give in about the PC version. They've gotten pretty much all they can out of the console version, so now it's time to ring the PC version dry.

And? Rockstar may have started as a PC developer, but it wasn't until they switched to the PS2 with GTA3 that they became massively succesful. They've probably sold around a hundred million copies of their games on consoles. Kinda hard to complain when a dev favors consoles when their games sell 20+ million copies, and they were never succesful on the PC to begin with.

Bethesda, otoh...

But at the same time, GTA took a step into the realm of 3D as well with GTA3.

From what I recall of GTA 1/2, it wasn't nearly as story centric as 3+, but I've never been a big fan of the series, so don't quote me on that, unless you're a news person, in which case, facts don't matter anyways, so go ahead : )

My point being... story sells ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Europa Universalis IV
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Europa Universalis IV Aug 13, 2013, 14:27 Alamar

JaguarUSF wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 13:54:
It's really good.

No video review? You're slacking!

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 10:33 Alamar

nin wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 10:27:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 10:14:
DrSquick wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 09:42:
What issues are the steam forums talking about? Just launch servers being overwhelmed?
Crashes, bugs, servers not working, beta being better then retail game, etc etc

Think they uploaded the wrong version?

I know that reference!

-Alamar

News Comments > $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition
34. Re: $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition Aug 9, 2013, 22:29 Alamar

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 18:37:
Prez wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 18:09:
Oh there's no stopping me. I've managed to find $1.83 in my couch cushions and also have earned $2.50 by whoring myself out to all the women in my area (at $5 a pop - it's complicated). Quick - somebody do the math to see how far I have to go!

Can I do the math like the Count?

"One! That's one time whoring yourself out.
Two! Two times whoring yourself out.
*fast forward*
Nine hundred ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety six times whoring yourself out. Ah ah ah!"

You might get a bit tired by the end there. Pack a lunch.

Maybe some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?

-Alamar

News Comments > Strife Announced
8. Re: Strife Announced Aug 8, 2013, 22:48 Alamar

Holy crap, so many MOBA's coming out of the woodwork...

-Alamar

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Next Week
12. Re: PAYDAY 2 Next Week Aug 6, 2013, 14:31 Alamar

DrSquick wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 14:01:
I missed the boat on Payday 1, but I picked up the beta and pre-order of Payday 2 and have really enjoyed it. I would say don't bother if you are only doing single player. The AI is like an ogre - dumb but almost invincible. I have had the stupid AI stand there doing nothing while I'm trying to zip tie a whole lobby of people. The only thing they do remotely well is soak up gunshots and kill cops.

Now with that said, multiplayer is a BLAST! I haven't had a rude person yet, everyone is helpful. And the first smash-and-grab mission is fantastic when done as a team - you have 30 seconds to smash jewelry cases, bag the jewels, and get out. Absolutely impossible in single player, so it turns into a 30 minute firefight. But in MP if you coordinate it's a sub-30 second mission.

Highly recommend this - get the four pack if you have some friends that want it too, then you have friends to play it with, and it saves you about $8 a copy.

I had a dick in my first MP game... Some lvl 30 (max) lvl guy, joining a game with lvl 1's, 2's, and then bitching about how he hates to play with noobs... I saw his level before the game started, so don't know why the 'not a noob' couldn't see that, and choose another game...

Outside of that, a lot of people are inexperienced, including myself, and it's still been a lot of fun... Failing a heist sucks, but it's still neat, and new enough, that it's alright.

As for single player, I only did a bit, and played with a friend and 2 bots a few times. It's not horrible, and if you have a mission with a dozen bags that need to be moved, you're likely fucked, as they just follow you around and shoot. One thing they do, that's awesome, is help you back up (keep an eye on that shield, and use the cover often).

I'm not sure I like it enough to pick it up... I don't like the 'progression'... As in, you do a heist and get a random mod/cash/etc... But at least it has skill trees (ammo/medic bags are crazy useful, but the others, not so much).

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jul 31, 2013, 12:54 Alamar

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 22:24:
You only get two keys in the Humble Bundle (one for the first four games and one for the rest), so keep that in mind if you were planning on giving away keys for the games you already own.

Just to clarify.. You mean one key for SR 2/3, Sacred and Risen? And then a single separate key for DeadIsland/SR3-full? I imagine Riptide would have to be separate, so third key.

I can't think of any combo that isn't confusing...

Edit: N/m... found it on reddit... 3 keys for the 3 levels...

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2013, 13:00.

News Comments > Space Hulk Preorders
21. Re: Space Hulk Preorders Jul 28, 2013, 13:54 Alamar

Dev wrote on Jul 27, 2013, 22:07:
Orogogus wrote on Jul 27, 2013, 21:40:
A train wreck? I like cooperative play a lot a lot, but in a turn-based strategy game it's pretty minor to me. I really can't imagine it being a dealbreaker for a lot of people.
See below

See above...

-Alamar

1810 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo