Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1810 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Next Month
2. Re: SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Next Month Sep 20, 2013, 16:09 Alamar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 11:25:
Wow, I enjoyed Spellforce 2, the original, but they have milked this game entirely too much. Get to work on Spellforce 3, people.

This is like the 4th expansion already, most of which came with rather aggressive DRM...

But... If the expansions are fun... And you enjoy the gameplay/story/etc... What's different about a new major version (that they can't change in an expansion)?

I've enjoyed these games, but they're a big time investment at times... When I picked up Faith, I started playing through 1, and 2... Never finished them this time, so I need to just play Faith 'by itself' and see if it's worth picking up this new one.

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 14:58 Alamar

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 13:24:
Redmask wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 13:17:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 13:03:
Wouldn't want the resident PC crowd to label you intolerant or anything of that sort.

PC means Progressive Conservative in Canada.

I think when most folks see that term, they think politically correct don't you?

I thought he meant the Person Computer crowd...

-Alamar

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 11:54 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:38:
If you've ever known anyone who's been raped you know it's not a joking matter in any way, shape, or form. So yes, boycott the shit out of it. In fact, do everything possible to see that they lose money.

Indeed... If you've known anyone that's been hit by a drunk person (or driver), Or you know a mentally or physically handicapped person, Or you know a teenager, a senior, a baby, or a toddler...

Let's just ban comedy altogether...

www.DownWithStandUp.com!

-Alamar

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 11:25 Alamar

I hope the announcements at this years PAX aren't too gay...

Too much? : )

Is ghey better? : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Warhammer Online Ends in December
12. Re: Warhammer Online Ends in December Sep 19, 2013, 10:35 Alamar

My first thought was... That's too bad, this was a fun one...

My second thought was... This is still going? : )

Seems contradictory though... They did a fine job with a lot of features, but they didn't go with the WoW design (which Blizzard obviously 'improved' upon as time passed), in that there was too much content (Mostly PQ's) that required the multiple people to complete, that just don't exist a few months after the game.

-Alamar

News Comments > 25 More Steam Greenlights
3. Re: 25 More Steam Greenlights Sep 19, 2013, 10:33 Alamar

I personally find this type of (steam) announcement pointless... For me, I would love to see these titles when they're launched, or at least, available... Maybe I'm just impulsive... I don't want to know a game that could be interesting is going to come out in a year : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles
11. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 10:23 Alamar

Zyrxil wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 09:59:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 09:44:
I refuse to play the first one because of the horrible terrible port. I fear I won't play the second one because of that.
Well that just seems silly. The logical outcome of that is eventually you won't be playing the 10th game of the series because of one poor port (which has excellent mods working around the problems) from years and years ago.

I believe he meant that the port for the second one will be just as bad, and therefore, not worth playing...

I picked this game up way late, on a $7.49 amazon sale, and was hugely pleasantly surprised... I agree that the Mouse/KB controls are horrid, and I finally picked up an xbox controller for the PC to play it (so didn't really save on the sale). After getting used to the controls (I didn't play this style much, especially with a controller), and getting used to the combat, I rocked the game : ) Have gone through a bunch of times, with different builds, and really enjoyed Dex/Int based gameplay. Due to all this, DS2 was going to be a day one purchase, but now I'm not sure I want to 'waste' getting it on console, or wait who-knows-how-long for the PC version.

-Alamar

News Comments > Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles
10. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 10:18 Alamar

Those son's o bitches...

Might be because the PC version will coincide with new consoles, and it'll look absolutely bad-ass-er... : )

Edit: Just watched the vid... And I'm surprised how bad it looks... Hopefully the PC delay will come with some PC vids (maybe this is why it's delayed) that show how it should really look.

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2013, 10:26.

News Comments > iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues
26. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 17:10 Alamar

I would just like you all to know... I don't care : )

Have a nice day.

-Alamar

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 14, 2013, 21:16 Alamar

Google knows your Wi-Fi passwords!!!!

Maybe...

Being able to retrieve it, with your account info, doesn't mean that Google has access to it. But in the end, turning off the feature this article mentions doesn't mean anything... You're still using the device, which means, if Google wanted to (was 'forced' to), they could do it anyways... Just like with every other device/computer where you store information, or account info...

-Alamar

News Comments > WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst
35. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 12, 2013, 18:17 Alamar

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 12:48:
So the Pandas were a disappointment?

People like having a reason... And panda's a popular reason...

The reality of it, and every other decision/action/thing in the world is there are tens/hundreds/thousands of reasons...

But let's blame panda's... That's easy.

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sep 10, 2013, 22:48 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 22:31:
Mon dieu! L'Antichambre pour $6.79?!

C'est magnifique n'est-ce pas?

-Alamar

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
18. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 11:49 Alamar

Undocumented Alien wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:34:
Why does this have to be so phucking hard to understand?

I totally agree... I see the same BS (and lack of thought) spouted by the same people in every single D3 thread... And half of them bitch about others complaining/trolling in threads about games they won't/don't play/like.

I realize you're not all developers, or even computer people, but shit takes time...

Why is the drop rate (supposedly) better in PS3 over PC? Outside of confirmation bias, consider that the next big patch (the expansion) already announced, has talked about the major loot drop changes... It's in the PS3 version first, because they've likely been working on it for a while, and the PS3 version is next...

Why is there no RMAH in the PS3 version? Sony likely wouldn't allow it, at least without their cut, which would make it not worth it... Why can't it just be arbitrarily removed? The common claim is because Blizzard makes a lot of money on it... Think about that... If they're making money on it, it's because people use it... How many of you would bitch about a product's feature you enjoy using getting ripped out because some whiners bitched about it?

As for it affecting drop rates... I believe some 'blue name' already confirmed that it does, but I'm not going to find the source, because it doesn't actually matter... It's just a trigger for people to bitch about : )

/rant

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 11:36 Alamar

Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:20:
I think I need to put a sign on the gate reminding people to close it.

Or check the gate before you let them out in the yard.

(I have to. The first thing my dogs do is check to see if that gate's open.)

To reiterate the above, what do you have control over? Checking the gate, or trying to make sure others do...

Also, signs don't work for those that see them frequently.

-Alamar

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced
12. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 17:32 Alamar

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 10:02:
nitpicky stuff first:
46 second teaser trailer.. the actual trailer starts at 19 seconds in, then ends at 33 seconds, everything else is who made the game/logos etc.

I can't think of the last new FPS I played? Maybe Planetside 2? I am seriously in a rut with FPS's.. has there been anything new and good in the last 6'ish months? It's almost to the point where i am going to buy BF4 just because I have no other FPS's to play

I have been playing a lot of Warframe this past week... As in, started a week ago, and I'm obsessive, so many hours... Already farmed Rhino mats, and started building it this morning, so in less than a week...

Already made Scindo, Kunai, loving both, and the weekend event that just past, got a shotgun, that I am loving the hell out of : )

The game has two, fairly large, drawbacks though... Well three if you consider it's 'online only'... The first is the lack of a story... There is a story, but it's minimal... The second, is that it's not friendly to new players. The drop system is random, which is great at times, because people love finding shit, but if you don't get a good run of mods early on, you may never play again. I still don't have good rifle mods (but I had already found good shotgun mods, so another reason I liked the switch).

Anyhow... That's my suggestion, and for anyone that plays, I'm AlamarAtWF, so feel free to contact me for a few missions : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III 2.0 Details
20. Re: Diablo III 2.0 Details Aug 29, 2013, 16:19 Alamar

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 15:42:
Verno wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 13:28:
We designed the game to be online, we can't do offline even if we wanted to guys!!

I remember the Blizzard defense force doing their best to justify that one too, look pretty dumb now.

Funny how none of those folks post much anymore. Go figure.

They might be off playing D3 : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2013, 14:25 Alamar

I nearly lost my leg to a kid, about 8, with a gun...

Was while my family was visiting a friends family, and the other kid, and myself were playing in the basement... Not sure what I was doing, but he grabbed a gun, loaded it, and shot it near me (blew a ~6 inch hole in something right beside my leg).

Now, being about 30 years ago, gun safety awareness was much less than it is (should be) now...

My point, mostly, is that it doesn't matter if guns are loaded... 8 year olds have the dexterity to load them... As well as unlock them, if they know where the key is.

-Alaamr

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2013, 21:27 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Aug 24, 2013, 16:42:
The guy who started the petition said Affleck isn't built. Um, did he not see him in The Town? He was friggin' buff, man. Physically he has the chops to plat Batman. It's just his style doesn't jibe.

I miss the old styrofoam containers.

Plus, that's just more proof that people are stupid (and have no memory)...

Edward Norton was a puny kid in most (all?) his movies... Up until American History X... Shocked the shit out of me... Maybe not crazy 6-pack ripped, but still...

This is what (fit) actors do; Buff up, or down, for a role. As much as people like to bitch about how overpaid they are, some of them work a crap-ton harder than most North American's I have known : )

Redmask wrote on Aug 24, 2013, 21:26:
People said the same thing about Heath Ledger, Michael Keaton and Daniel Craig more recently.

I remember expecting the first (with Keaton) Batman movie/character to be shit, but it was a great film... Nicholson also did a great job (though more expected).

As for Affleck, I'm not a big fan... I like him in some things, and mostly think he's an idiot, but I'll judge it when I see it.

-Alamar

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter Fails
1. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter Fails Aug 24, 2013, 10:13 Alamar

The fans have (not) spoken...

This is why you set your goal low, and enjoy the gravy... Instead of setting it high, getting close (not in this case), and get 0...

-Alamar

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch
12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch Aug 23, 2013, 11:22 Alamar

Slick wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:16:
so for someone largely uninitiated into MMOs, is this a good one to pick up? I tried SWToR with my RL friends, and we lasted a month and a half, the gameplay was just boring as all hell.

1) tab target

2) spam 30 buttons of mostly identical spells

3) repeat

zzzzzzzzzzz

what is the "twitch" pvp you speak of? is this just an evolved wow clone? same mmo schlock as always? or do i actually get to "aim" at stuff, or do anything which requires skill beyond that of an almost turn-based system of unresponsive awful global spell cooldowns..., in that all i usually see is a very removed strategic layer of decisions as to what order to cast my spells in. I was amazed how physically moving around is never really useful once you've engaged your target, sometimes even negative as your healers can't heal you, so you're encouraged to just try to aggro one baddie at a time, then not move, spam buttons, then engage the next one... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ tell me GW2 is different?

It's not different... enough...

What you have described is a result of the massive, in MMO... A few recent additions to the genre do some new things with combat, but it still comes down to what you have simplified... For levelling.

Typically, leveling is one long grind of standing around mashing buttons... End game content (and even some group content while leveling, such as dungeons, pvp, etc) has more priority on movement, but even so, it's often quite (necessarily) obvious where to stand and what not, and the challenge moreso comes from seeing the queue's/hints through a mass of spell effects than finding what makes sense : )

Anyhow, I suggest you stay away from MMO RPGs and maybe look into MMO FPSs instead.

-Alamar

1810 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo