Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1831 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Engineers Early Access
1. Re: Space Engineers Early Access Oct 23, 2013, 22:05 Alamar

Was looking at this game earlier...

Seems neat, and they had fun with the collisions (the entire second video shows that), but it needs a bit more game before I jump in...

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer Oct 21, 2013, 17:39 Alamar

The preload, is available on Steam, kind of... 180 MB came down, so it's a little confusing, but now that that's there, maybe it'll automatically update when it's available... Though, I don't leave steam running all the time, so maybe moot for me.

-Alamar

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
46. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 21, 2013, 00:31 Alamar

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 23:40:
Who knew Blue's attracted so many self-described experts in all things. Economists, lawyers, historians, everything is right here at a video game website for my disposal!

Uhm... Why wouldn't this site have Economists, Lawyers, or Historians, along with the other variety of professions Blues News readers are involved in?

-Alamar

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2013, 16:23 Alamar

Beamer wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 14:32:
I still disagree with you guys. If someone is still actively using a copyright, why should it lapse?

The argument is typically that it would encourage innovation - why would allowing some guy to make a Mario game encourage innovation? Yeah, I know the argument is that Nintendo couldn't keep kicking out Mario games because the brand would be so diluted that they'd need to come up with new characters.

But why? For one, we'd get an endless flood of shitty Mario games, which seems to help no one. For another, shouldn't we be encouraging the people, like the guy here, that are making cool Mario games to instead innovate and create their own characters?

I agree with all your points, and think that Nintendo/Mario is a crazy bad example...

I like most Mario games, and don't want amateurs messing it up... But on the flip side, I'd also love to see Nintendo add more/better support for modding, just like every other game : )

I can see why they don't however... Especially going further back, Mario games are generally very simplistic platformers... If amateurs could add their own, high quality levels (as in, well built, using available assets), and Nintendo couldn't monetize on it, they would lose a ton of income, and we don't want Nintendo going away ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 17, 2013, 17:57 Alamar

Eirikrautha wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 15:38:
"Ditching Apple for Android? What you need to know." brought to you by Apple PR, Inc.

I mean, let's make changing over sound as painful and dangerous as possible ("What about all those apps you might lose? Oh NOES!!!11!!one!!!" Shocked2 Shocked2 Shocked2 ).

Please. I've got Samsung and iPhones in the family... there's not that much difference any more...

I skipped the vid, but I didn't read anything exaggerated or biased in the article...

Also, apps are the main reason people stick with their current OS, whichever it may be...

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 10:28 Alamar

Pigeon wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 10:11:
Kutcher being the highest paid TV actor is a sign of all that is wrong in the world. /overdramatic

I do find him obnoxious though and its unfortunate that someone I perceive to have far less talent than many other TV actors is being rewarded so handsomely. The only thing I ever thought he did a half decent job of, was on That 70's show playing a self-centered moron.

Just like in many professions... Skill is not the most important aspect in regards to compensation... Plus, using basic economics, he's in high demand, so he can demand high rates.

Kutcher is young, and pretty... Which means two things... He'll keep getting roles, even if it's almost always the same character (not that he's alone in that), and because he's young, he's got another 50+ years (assuming no drug overdose) in hollywood : )

This news-line comes up every few years, if even that far apart, for various, almost-always-male, actors in TV/Movies... I remember when it was Travolta asking ungodly amounts, not long after he had sunk into obscurity... Jim Carrey was getting ungodly amounts at one point too... As was Tim Allen (I recall 1.5 mil an episode) for Home Improvement.

-Alamar

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins
7. Re: Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins Oct 12, 2013, 13:20 Alamar

Only US players can win, but everyone else can go ahead and go fuck themselves... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Controller Demonstration Video
18. Re: Steam Controller Demonstration Video Oct 11, 2013, 17:31 Alamar

wrlwnd wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 16:58:
Beamer wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 16:09:
The constant swiping and lifting in FPS seems frustrating to me.

Um, that's exactly how a mouse is used on a PC.

Constant swiping and lifting.

Exactly... If your mouse is constrained in +1 inch box...

The example was a shooter... If I flick my mouse in a shooter, I do a 90-180 degree turn... The video showed like 15 degrees from a full swipe...

Doesn't mean the video is showing everything it can do, but why not show the best it can do to generate hype?

-Alamar

News Comments > SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Pushed to the Future
2. Re: SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Pushed to the Future Oct 10, 2013, 11:22 Alamar

Darks wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 10:26:
They really need to stop making add-ons with an old outdated engine and develop a new engine that is modern. When old crap like this comes out, it tells me that they have no new ideas or tech in place to develop a new engine and they are milking this cow to death.

Considering the timing between SF2 and the previous expansion, I'm assuming they don't really have much in the way of developers/resources available for a 'true' sequel.

Assuming that's the case, using the old engine, with some minor feature changes for each expansion is still better than nothing, for those of us that liked the game/lore/interface.

-Alamar

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
21. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 10, 2013, 10:07 Alamar

Verno wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 09:20:
As a parent I don't want a camera in the living room, it's just not a comfortable idea. My cell phone docks off in a forgotten corner of a different room, my girlfriend uses a laptop but we have pretty tight control over that. It's not even about paranoia scenarios involving the NSA or whatever, there just isn't much upside and the potential for problems is high, it makes no sense. The idea that I need to pay more to get some gadget so a corporation can make more advertising bux really offends me too.

Also maybe we're just not "modern" enough but I prefer that each activity is kept a bit separate. I don't bring my cell phone when I'm watching movies or gaming, I don't watch TV and play with the computer or etc. I like some separation between things, it keeps some distinction and makes for less distraction.

Verno... You're just crazy... : )

I originally bought my second monitor so that I could watch TV shows, while gaming... Now, I was leveling up my first Ret Pally, back when they had one 12s CD attack, and maybe another one; I can't remember, as I was busy enjoying TV shows : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
20. Re: Serves Microsoft right Oct 10, 2013, 10:05 Alamar

DukeFNukem wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 02:02:
How does forcing a Kinect camera to be in every system and driving the price up for everybody even those who have no interest in the web cam have anything to do with the 'engineers' knowing better than the customer?

One of the big reasons consoles are so crazy popular, and PC gaming is 'dying', is because of consistency... Developers know their product is going to work, without any extra time spent on the myriad of variations in hardware available. If every XB-One Dev knows that a feature is available, from day one, they know every consumer has access to it, and can build games and features around that knowledge...

For better or worse ; )

This is also not so different with Apple's design goals, and why they still sell a crapload, compared to the 'better' Android offerings (as in, from a hardware perspective, Android devices, being more dispersed, like PC manufacturing, are much stronger). The fact I my daughter can't play Plants vs Zombies on my Nexus 10, but could on my phone, is why apple is still in business... Their shit is outdated (resolutions, performance, form factor), but they're consistent, and people can keep using the apps they love, across every (current) device.

As for Windows 8, and the crappy tablet UI... People want their start menu back! The start menu, that customers flailed against when it was first introduced... Engineer's designed it, and knew it was a better approach, but customer's hated the change... And do again ; )

So say hi to the uranus'ians for me ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Space Hulk Free Campaign Released
6. Re: Space Hulk Free Campaign Released Oct 7, 2013, 11:45 Alamar

InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 10:58:
ForgedReality wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 10:54:
InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 09:48:
What I would give for a proper Space Hulk sequel or even a remake/reimagining. A proper PC game though, like the first Space Hulk.

Yeah. Screw this boring turn-based crap. >:\

I dont have a problem with 'turn-based'. XCOM was one of the best games of last year. What I dont want is a boardgame for the PC. Its like the shitload of card games for the PC. Fuck off already, if I wanted to play a card game I would you know....play the card game.

If I wanted to play a card game, I would, you know... Play the card game on PC...

-Alamar

News Comments > Terraria 2 Plans
11. Re: Terraria 2 Plans Oct 4, 2013, 10:42 Alamar

Slashman wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 09:01:
Can we please have it be 3d this time?

I'm full up on retro 2d games. The prospect of a 3d Terraria is really appealing.

I'm not going to disregard this by saying, 'just play Minecraft', because if you've played both games, you know they're quite further distinct than simple 2D vs 3D...

However... Just play Minecraft, because I don't want Terraria ruined with 3D graphics (unless it's done like Trine - 2D movement, but 3D spectacular graphics - not likely).

Another option, if you don't hate MMO's, is EQ Next, which is a 3D Voxel based game, but doesn't look horrible (Minecraft), and has much RPG aspects (Terraria)... It may end up being a nice mix, assuming it's F2P : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Warlock 2: The Exiled Announced
1. Re: Warlock 2: The Exiled Announced Oct 3, 2013, 10:15 Alamar

Great trailer : )

I enjoyed the first game, but really only went through it like twice... So not sure on a sequel for me, but we'll see.

-Alamar

News Comments > Terraria Patched
24. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 2, 2013, 09:12 Alamar

Bhruic wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 19:01:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 17:47:
Forget all the new content... The in-game map is a game-changer! Stacking up to 999 instead of 250 is great, too.

I refuse to forget ropes, they are awesome! I also love the ability to run up single blocks. I knew that was going to really help, and it does.

This is by far, one of the best, worst Quality of Life features... Or worst, best, in some cases...

Why, for the love of all that is good, could this be bad?

Because clearing out rows is a pain in the ass now... Used to just hold the mouse in front of the feet, and walk along a long line... Now you can't do that.

As for MC vs Terraria (or 'the little character game', as my daughter originally called it), sure, they're mostly the same genre (block based sandbox?), but that's about all they share. I haven't played more than an hour of an early alpha of MC, but for me, what it lacked, was a game... Terraria is an action RPG, and if they made better dungeons (now they have, but not what I meant), it'd be castlevania with ore heh, while MC is a block building simulator (basically lego), with minor game elements (from what I've heard).

-Alamar

News Comments > Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend
19. removed Sep 27, 2013, 15:40 Alamar

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 28, 2013, 09:06.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2013, 10:20 Alamar

Blue wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 09:39:
nin wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 09:37:
No doubt! My luck has always been the time I had a dental emergency was a day they were closed (frequently a Friday), or a weekend.

Yeah, I caught myself thinking that it was feeling like a toothache, and that I would find out soon if it became an emergency. Then I realized how idiotic that was and called the dentist before it came to that.

I admire your ability to not procrastinate...

I went a decade without Dental visits, twice... And the later one, I finally 'got off my ass' and made an appointment when I was having near constant pain on my right side...

Turned out, one of the many cavities I had, infected the root (which is why the pain was the whole right side of my lower face, instead of just the mouth), and took some antibiotics to prepare for the root canal (that was not nearly as bad, for me, as it is advertised/perceived)... Had to have my gum lowered to make room for the cap, and the whole process took like half a year, but it's all good now (and I floss now too! : ).

I really should go see a doctor... Have a physical... Haven't had a family doctor in 20 years... heh Well, maybe when of my other pains becomes constant...

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Sep 25, 2013, 11:12 Alamar

nin wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 08:31:
Maybe once/if they strip out GFMFWL.

I find Steam more intrusive/problematic...

But hey, Steam isn't an MS product, so all the shit it's down to people's PC's can be excused : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2013, 10:24 Alamar

I don't think Valve is stupid enough to make HL3 a SteamOS-exclusive...

The idea of the project is cool and all, but having to maintain another PC, that won't likely be used outside of gaming (which I rarely do, so partially moot), isn't so good.

-Alamar

News Comments > Hellraid Interactive Prequel Trailer
1. Re: Hellraid Interactive Prequel Trailer Sep 23, 2013, 21:24 Alamar

Open the Chest? Boom... Try Again? No thanks...

-Alamar

1831 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo