Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1940 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 27, 2015, 22:56 Alamar

Asmodai wrote on May 27, 2015, 18:23:
"Invasion Force" is everything that is wrong with Greenlight. A static turret shooting game with awful graphics, absurd HUD, shitty action and yet it's cluttering up a shopfront that already has far more products than it needs...

The signal to noise ratio on Steam has gone to shit.

Had to check it out, after your 'review'... This is exactly what Greenlight is for... Niche games with small demographics, given a place to monetize.

The problem isn't that Steam suddenly has a lot of 'shitty' titles (because Steam has always had a lot of 'shitty' titles)... The problem is that Steam as a storefront is shit... Not interested in a game? Great, click on Not Interested, but it'll be in your recommended list tomorrow...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Video
15. Re: Overwatch Video May 27, 2015, 22:46 Alamar

I have played competitive FPS since UT, but when I did, it was UT-Excessive, so I'm all for fast speed, though I'll miss six-loaded super jumps across bigass maps...

Don't have much of an opinion on this yet, other than that I'll likely give it a try (assuming F2P) and judge it when I've played it ; )

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
50. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 17:00 Alamar

Quinn wrote on May 26, 2015, 13:42:
I agree. Nothing wrong with the crafting interface. If a recipe needs a particular reagent that you haven't crafted but can craft, the game takes that into account automatically and you're able to directly create the item that actually needs the other item/reagent created first. Nothing wrong with it. Some people here are getting old, is all.

Nothing? Really? So it's perfect?

Maybe I'm missing how I can compare the crafted item to my equipped item (verbosely; The info on the right missing important details).

And when I do craft a weapon/armor piece, which you can only do at a vendor, I have to leave the vendor (by choosing the stop option, instead of B/escape), just to equip the new item, and then talk to the vendor again to sell the previous piece...

And why keep showing that I have bombs/potions I already created, if there's no way (through crafting) to increase their max held, statistics, etc? Is it so that I can longingly remember how much of a pain it was for me to find that second Calcium Equum? : )

48. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 16:54 Alamar

eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:42:
I dunno about Witcher 3, do you find tons of loot? If you have 5 pages of loot then yeah, grids are stupid

Only thing to go on here is the potion page I saw on a stream, which had oils at the top, tons of crap in the middle, bombs, concoctions and potions somewhere in that mess. With no way to see what is what unless you hover over everything carefully.

I don't know enough about the Witcher crafting world to know what to throw out, so I have a crap ton of stuff across pages of grids so I don't miss out on that one uber Item I'll need in another 100 hours that can only be gotten once... The only thing I consistently sell is weapons/armor I don't need...

Incidentally... You start with 60 Inv space, and I finally found a merchant that sells an upgrade.. All the way up to 70! And it was expensive... But I needed to space, so I threw it on, and went up to 130... Best surprise ever... : )

10. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 10:49 Alamar

Verno wrote on May 26, 2015, 09:19:
Also Geralt really doesn't need to do a silly twist or flip every time he does a move, especially when it exposes you to being interrupted. It's pretty funny considering that they call out Ciri for that kind of crap in the story intro but then go ahead and do it anyway.

My thoughts exactly, but it is part of what makes combat harder (not more challenging)...

News Comments > Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn
9. Re: Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn May 21, 2015, 14:34 Alamar

I am so glad I didn't pick up Project Cars...

Though this teaser does nothing for me...

However... I like NFS games, because I prefer 'arcade' driving, and progression/story... I don't care for the Gangsta story some of the previous games have been going with, but I still enjoy it a lot more than the sim style of, 'race this track/season', then the next, etc... Can't hold my interest very long.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. May 21, 2015, 01:16 Alamar

leaving many users waiting as long as 48 hours to receive their download code

As of the time this 'news' article was posted, 4:10pm whatever time zone that site uses, the game had been out less than 48 hours...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 16:51 Alamar

I think I've put in about 8 hours so far... Finished all the POI's in the first zone, which was a little over half the time played.

I've had about 3 or so lock ups so far, most/all during cut scene's, so maybe related to the comment below. I also have a 970 (not SLI though), and just noticed earlier that hair FX were off, so I turned it on (haven't played since changing that though), so I'll flip that back off if it seems worse.

As for the Wraith Oil comment, if you're talking the noonwraith, I had no issue with it, but was using a slightly upgraded weapon... It recommends you prepare with some stuff, but I didn't have the mats, so I didn't bother, and thought I'd get beat down, but found it reasonable... Second highest difficulty (no healing by meditating). If you need a fairly good weapon set upgrade early on, Two of the POIs have weapon recipes in the first area, one is in a crypt with a power stone outside, and the other is in a fort that is near the first town you ride through right at the beginning.

And now that I think of it, it's probably not the noonwraith, but one of the wraith's usually guarding a power stone, which seemed much higher lvl... Took more damage than the bear though.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2015, 00:28 Alamar

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 17, 2015, 23:22:
jacobvandy wrote on May 17, 2015, 20:48:

Must have been some kind of error, they announced the global unlock times a couple weeks ago and it's always been 4PM pacific, 7PM eastern. They chose to base it on midnight British Time for some reason.

Also, I'm expecting gamepad to rule this one.

Musta been, I'm up for 7 though. I saw someone playing it, can't remember the stream but either they were shit poor with a controller or they simply sucked because they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Fucking OP barns...

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
21. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 15, 2015, 01:01 Alamar

Apparently the bite from the trailer is represented in Witcher 2...

Here...

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule
56. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 14:23 Alamar

Flatline wrote on May 12, 2015, 14:20:
Slick wrote on May 12, 2015, 13:38:
gamesradar so far has the most negative review that I've found, still a strong %80.

It's an interesting read (although i'm skimming all of these), focusing on how it's not really an "open world game". apparently you're strongly guided through missions in the order that the game wants you to take.

It's interesting that the only real criticism of the game is "it's not skyrim".

Anyone even remotely familiar with Witcher games will know that it's not Skyrim. I guess someone, somewhere, at some point, made the comparison to Skyrim and goddamn it that's going to be the metric that they use to measure the game by.

I'm guilty... I described it to a friend earlier as 'Skyrim with non-shitty combat' ; )

49. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 13:52 Alamar

Slick wrote on May 12, 2015, 13:38:
gamesradar so far has the most negative review that I've found, still a strong %80.

It's an interesting read (although i'm skimming all of these), focusing on how it's not really an "open world game". apparently you're strongly guided through missions in the order that the game wants you to take.

That's actually great news to some of us ; )

28. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 11:26 Alamar

Quinn wrote on May 12, 2015, 11:12:
I don't ignore people. I think it's too insulting from one person to another to do this, especially because 9 out of 10 people here have posted ridiculous shite more than once but those same people have participated properly in this community even more.

Right now, however, after CJ_Parker tried to piss over us even more with his patronizing bullshit retort.. he's literally the first person EVER that I'm considering putting on that list. Motherfucker...

Edit/Add: However, I know for as certain as I can be that he knows he's gone too far and I think he knows this for a while now. Now he's stuck in this image he's created for himself, because his insecurity lets him from admitting this and trying to change. I feel sorry for him, and I will support him by putting neither him on ignore.

I'm a little shocked by this... I never saw one non-childish-bullshit post from Wildone/deqer before they went on the list...

12. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 10:18 Alamar

Quinn wrote on May 12, 2015, 10:15:
CJ_Parker, you must be mentally ill or seriously unhappy in life. You call a guy who's exclaiming happiness a dumbfuck. Get a fucking grip of yourself.

Before this announcement, there was no way to know whether CDProjekt was releasing the game 00:00 PT, ET, BT, UT, JT or CET. In other words, Frag4Fun had all the reasons to be excited by the news.

I'm excited too... If I get my GMG key in time... : P That whole fiasco doesn't make me want to avoid GMG... Makes me want to avoid GOG/CDPR...

10. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 10:16 Alamar

Darks wrote on May 12, 2015, 09:44:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 12, 2015, 09:34:
Can't wait for the first dumbfuck European (I'm from EU, too, so STFU) to complain about Amerikanskis getting preferential treatment.

EDIT: Ah, ladies and gentlemen, that didn't take too long now, did it? I proudly present to you the first dumbfuck in the thread right below this post. Congrats, Frags4Fun!
I mean you do realize that the game was always scheduled for release on May 19 by a European developer/publisher, right? Now let's do some time zone math and some really hard thinking whether it is REALLY a day early or not. Hmmm... weeeeeellll... hmmmm... I know, I know... tough shit but you can do it, man. Come on! Just a little more using that brain! Go, go, go!

Seeing how you want to be the first asshole in this thread, allow me to be the first to tell you to blow it out of your ass you shit heel.

There was no call for that kind of bullshit CJ.

I'm confused... He's calling someone dumb for something they didn't do? That seems a tad... Can't quite put my finger on the appropriate word here...

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming
23. Re: Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming May 9, 2015, 19:15 Alamar

Was just checking this game out earlier... Played some Strike Suit Zero, but the crashes are making me want to say 'fuck it'... Also realized my Origin acct has a few Wing Commanders, so I may give that a whirl...

Don't much care for Elite's current price, so was thinking about looking for alternatives, but now I can't pick up a key (on ebay or wherever), as I can't be sure it's not one linked to this announcement... The extra key isn't meant for extra people; just convenience... But they'll be sold... A lot...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2015, 09:51 Alamar

Well, that didn't last long... Installed the GOG Galaxy client for Witcher 3... Had an issue with the videos... Not horrible, just very inconvenient...

'Closing' to sys tray though... Uninstalled...

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
24. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer May 7, 2015, 23:55 Alamar

Agent.X7 wrote on May 7, 2015, 16:04:
Steam has the Witcher series on sale right now, if - like me - you want to catch up.

Just bought both for $4.48. WHAT A DEAL! I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!

Buy both for $5... Get (another) 10% off Witcher 3 for owning the previous two...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2015, 11:13 Alamar

Those Last Of Us Teens React are so entertaining (saw the first, and now part 6)...

Kinda confusing that they 'bleep' out cursing early on, then the girl accidentally says shit, and then the other kid drops the F-bomb all over the place later... More authentic, which is good, but what the fuck?

News Comments > Starfighter Inc. Kickstarter
15. Re: Starfighter Inc. Kickstarter May 5, 2015, 22:36 Alamar

jdreyer wrote on May 5, 2015, 19:42:
Yup, MP only. SP isn't even a stretch goal. At the very least they could do offline MP with bots. "Multiplayer space warfare from the minds behind X-Wing, Crysis and Desert Combat." All games/mods that had substantial single player options.

These people never learn.

Don't these people pay attention to the medium they're marketing/funding on? Didn't a project JUST die horribly for the exact same reason?

1940 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo