Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1915 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 23, 2015, 11:25 Alamar

Really depends on peoples definition of mainstream... Plenty of people don't consider golf a 'sport' for example : )

A few years back, I might have just automatically scoff, but considering how popular watching other people playing games has become (both twitch/streaming and life e-sport evens in WoW, LoL, Dota, etc), it seems likely.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2
1. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 10:01 Alamar

Awesome... Still not my preferred genre, but it looks great ; )  

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
36. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 12, 2015, 16:03 Alamar

jdreyer wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 20:01:
NKD wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 15:38:
I tried really hard to get into this but I found myself playing a lot more Diablo 3 in the long run. It's got a lot of the stuff I wanted from Diablo 3 but didn't get, but it also feels, I dunno, old school in a bad way? Clunky? I can't really put the feeling to words.

I haven't played D3 since the "reboot" but last year when I played them both, I ended up playing a lot more PoE than D3. It was simply better. That being said, I heard the D3 reboot patch makes it a much better game. Once I find the time, I intend to get back into D3.

I have played PoE since the D3 "reboot' but last year, when I played them both, I ended up playing a crap ton more D3 than PoE. It was simply better. That being said, I heard that the PoE changes since then make it a much better game. Once I find the time, I intend to get back into PoE.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
5. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 19:13 Alamar

Watched a 'first 15m' vid... Kinda sold, so finally put some real time into Witcher 2... And by that, I mean about 4 hours heh... Looking forward to some more tonight, but we'll see how far I can get...

Might... 'Pre-order' W3 launch day or the day before, but not entirely sure... Would like to see it on GMG though.

News Comments > WoW Tokens Explained
1. Re: WoW Tokens Explained Apr 7, 2015, 10:56 Alamar

Well, guess I know where all my gold is going... At 30k, if you put in some effort, you can make it all back long before account expiry too : )  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 13:13 Alamar

siapnar wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 11:30:
Any tips on where to get GTA cheapest?

Looks like GMG has it for $10 less than Steam, which is kind of surprising

What is surprising?

GMG has a near constant 20% off coupon... If it's not currently active (check their blog), wait a day... I haven't bought any near-launch AAA title from Steam in years, because GMG is always cheaper...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 4, 2015, 15:47 Alamar

Not that it's not impressive... Not leveling the weapons would be much more so ; )  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Beta Begins
2. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Beta Begins Apr 1, 2015, 11:39 Alamar

So this is the final installment in the $180 SC campaign right? Too bad SC won't be sold on steam...  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - theHunter- Primal
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - theHunter- Primal Mar 31, 2015, 21:13 Alamar

'theHunter'... I really can't take that seriously... Almost as bad as using numbers in place of letters in movie titles...  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
16. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 12:37 Alamar

200+... I realize that's a selling point for a lot of people... But holy crap, even one quarter of that is too much for me... Unless the combat (where you spend most of the game) is amazing, anything over 20 hours starts to bore me... Add that to my inability to stick to one game at a time, I have a ton of half completed games...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 30, 2015, 10:59 Alamar

Wow... All that rampant piracy, and I've never seen a minute of the show...  

News Comments > Asteroids: Outpost Early Access; Other Remakes Considered
11. Re: Asteroids: Outpost Early Access; Other Remakes Considered Mar 28, 2015, 00:50 Alamar

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 23:02:
Parias wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 17:08:
I actually found Outpost 2 to be pretty fun - is that the one you're referring to?

No no. I am referring to this monstrosity.

It was so broken at release that it was literally unplayable. Since the Internet wasn't a thing back then, Sierra sent those of us who were suckers that bought it who owned it replacement discs in the mail after it was truly finished.

At the time, Computer Gaming World was a really big magazine and it spent ten pages ripping it apart savagely.

RIP CGW...

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
20. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 15:13 Alamar

Creston wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 14:10:
Wooohooo! Congrats, Obsidian, and thanks to everyone who KS'ed!

And a big hearty FUCK YOU to every publisher who said these kind of games weren't in demand anymore and couldn't be done anymore. FUCK YOU.

What some publishers seem to fail to realize, is that old people don't want change... And we're at a point where a lot of gamers are old people (hence the success of this site ; )... And who has the most disposable income? Old people... : )

News Comments > Morning Interviews
22. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 26, 2015, 12:02 Alamar

Verno wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 11:33:
PHJF wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 11:32:
Unfortunately this weekend is already reserved by Bloodborne.

Praise the Sunny !

Pistol/Whipcane all the way man. Game is awesome. Already got my ass kicked several times but I'm getting a good feel for the new pacing now.

My first char started with that combo... The '2h' version of the whip was great in that early area with a ton of mobs, and the '1h' version is nice and fast... Then I restarted on an intended str char, picked the axe... Don't like slow weapons, but then I found the Saw Spear... OMG... So fast, so strong... Ripped through the first 3 bosses with 1 death (on the third). Ironically, while the Saw Spear scales D/D, it scales a bit faster in Skill, so I'm about at a 25/25 Quality build. Damn fun game, though, the first few hours adjusting, were frustrating ; )

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched
20. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 20:12 Alamar

ldonyo wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 14:24:
To paraphrase Chun from Remo Williams, "I see the deadly EA has done its evil work."

There isn't a franchise created by an acquired development studio that EA can't turn to shit, usually right before shutting down that same studio.

Chiun... And there's a new spinoff to the series, called Legacy, about Remo's two offspring, for those of us that didn't get into The Destroyer previously... First e-book is only $2.55 on amazon : )

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2015, 10:45 Alamar

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 08:47:
Tees react- Gaming is .. hilarious

I've seen one other of these, and it was also funny... Having just played through Last of Us last week, my memory of the game, and how I felt at certain spots, is present, so it's neat to see the variance.

And yes, I had assumed that Ellen Page was voicing the kid, because holy crap... But it was the Seaver kid instead : )

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 23, 2015, 10:26 Alamar

Having just gotten my PS4, for Bloodborne, I couldn't be certain, but aren't patches forced on you? When I install anything, it starts downloading the patch (there's always a patch) anyways... I didn't have to manually do anything (except with BB, which is a pre-load)...  

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Mar 21, 2015, 00:22 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 19:59:
Warframe pushed their U16 patch today too. New frame, couple new weapons, new 8-man raid, and a lot of other changes/balances/fixes.

I enjoyed Warframe quite a bit... Enough to throw $20 at them, for credits that I never ended up using... But I hate the 'leveling' system... You need to keep leveling unique weapons to level your account high enough to use some of the crafted weapons... I just gave up, and stopped playing.

News Comments > Dying Light Ultimate Survivor Bundle DLC Released
3. Re: Dying Light Ultimate Survivor Bundle DLC Released Mar 16, 2015, 20:32 Alamar

Total-Khaos wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 20:24:
Quboid wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 20:16:
Does this [the basic game, no DLC] develop much after the slums? I've spent quite a few hours mostly doing side quests and enjoyed it but unless the gameplay develops in the main quest, I think I've had my fill.

Yes, the slums area was only half the game!

That's not what he asked...

The second half of the game plays much like the first, though some of the unlocked abilities make mass killing much easier (which is more fun)... The story continues, both good and bad...

But really, all you really need to know, is that the twins story line gets wrapped up... : )

News Comments > Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support
17. Re: Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support Mar 14, 2015, 22:01 Alamar

jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 20:23:
I'm genuinely curious: how do you reconcile your hatred for censorship with your liberal use of the ignore function on Blues?

One is your own action, one is another person's action... People can justify their own actions all day long ; )

1915 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo