Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1780 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: How I Screwed Myself... Aug 7, 2014, 19:23 Alamar

I guess he's never heard of the mail room...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
19. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 13:38 Alamar

I'm apparently in the minority, but I bought this with my XBone, and I enjoyed it... I enjoyed the story, and this is the first time (outside of Dragon's Lair), where I've played a game with this kind of control scheme... It wasn't challenging, but it was interesting enough to keep me going until the end.

Sadly, my XBone has been in a box since I tried to take it back a week after I bought it, so I've barely touched the other game I picked it up with (Dead Rising 3).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2014, 13:56 Alamar

I like spicy food, though I won't order the hottest thing on the menu... I've had some too hot food, and it's a waste of money...

I never wear pants... I shovel 2ft of snow off my driveway in shorts... I do wear a coat though.

I generally don't care about celebrities... Except Blue... : )

I shave twice a week, because my favorite facial time is the day after shaving, when it's short and pokey : )

Cute article though... Being cracked, it's not surprising they go over the top with their ravings, but I've definitely seen examples of 4 of those ; )

Oh, and I need my sleep... Which reminds me of one time when I was... About 12, I 'slept' over at a friends place, but ended up playing on his family's C64 all night... I didn't own one, and the only times I got to play on them previous to that, was when visiting my aunt, because I would go to the mall in front of her place, and play on the C64 there for hours : )

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sacred 3
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sacred 3 Aug 5, 2014, 19:43 Alamar

I didn't like the first 2, but I liked the CGI for the third, so went to the Steam page to consider it... Looked over the reviews... first was negative... Unusual... next... negative... all... negative... Haven't seen that in like, ever...

Clicked on the 'All 178 reviews' linked... Just for fun, scanned through them all... Took like 140 to get to a blue/positive review... Counted 15 out of 178 were positive. Crazy shit.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 4, 2014, 00:29 Alamar

Axis wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 17:49:
Not surprising at all Divinity, but very glad they stuck to their guns and did it the way we knew would succeed.

I can't tell you how many idiot posts sounded like: "Turn based? LOLOL nothkxkbye!". Bet 90% bought the game and are glad they did...

Turn based is a large part of the reason I didn't get it... Does having different interest make me an idiot? : )

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2014, 15:55 Alamar

Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:40:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:15:
Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:12:
nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:18:
Guess Divinity is the new skyrim. Congrats to them!

Dammit, I was gonna say the same thing!

Okay, okay, let's put our wood away. When it's still in the top ten a year from now we can start saying that.

Or we can just give credit where credit is due. DOS is a top notch RPG that deserves the success it is receiving.

Granted, but it's been up there 3 weeks, not 30, so it's not really even close to Skyrim (yet?).

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Pixel Piracy
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Pixel Piracy Jul 31, 2014, 18:41 Alamar

nin wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 18:30:
Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 18:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 15:55:
Luke wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 14:51:
Bundy wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 14:47:
Is this any good?

Like anything that is infected with steam = NO Book

Well at least we know that you are not playing many games then...

Stop.Feeding.The.Fucking.Trolls.

I'm looking forward to Blue's annual housecleaning he tends to do around the holidays.

But Cutter's still around...

-Alamar

News Comments > Areal Fundraising Resumes In-House
11. Re: Areal Fundraising Resumes In-House Jul 23, 2014, 12:01 Alamar

Jerykk wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 11:21:
The fact is that there are a lot of companies that make their livelihood on STALKER, so when we showed up on the scene, they saw us as a threat and did everything that they could to stop us.

Really? Like what? I can't think of a single company whose livelihood depends on STALKER. Unless you count modders as companies. Even then, their mods don't make them any money so... yeah.

Really?

I haven't paid much attention to this fiasco, but the first news item I remember about it, was a competitor (another STALKER 'spin off' developer) calling it out...

-Alamar

News Comments > Dark Souls II Crown of the Sunken King DLC Released
7. Re: Dark Souls II Crown of the Sunken King DLC Released Jul 22, 2014, 23:20 Alamar

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 22:56:
Thank you all for the help. I am definitely going to play some DarkSouls on the PC as soon as I get a bit of time. I remembered on Saturday that I had Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen on my PS3 from my Plus account... not sure when it was on there. Think it is gone now, they seem to have taken it down. Anyway, I got hooked on it and I'm have blast play it at the moment.

Seeing the news of this release has got my DarlSouls monkey jumping all over my back.

I picked that one off ebay last week... Hasn't arrived yet, but I've heard good things : )

-Alamar

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 20, 2014, 17:22 Alamar

Jerykk wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 16:58:
Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 14:47:
DayZ is the current meme, like Minecraft was. It's the in thing to buy atm.

I don't think you understand what a meme is. Minecraft is still super popular, btw. Nothing past tense about it. They've sold about 54 million copies thus far and are still going strong. If Minecraft were available on Steam, it would probably be the top seller.

Seriously... You're not new here... Stop feeding him...

-Alamar

News Comments > Areal Videos
5. Re: Areal Videos Jul 18, 2014, 11:19 Alamar

I have no interest in this game, but, taken by itself, I don't see why using Unity assets (which are not directly limited to Unity), is a bad thing... Making a 'quick n dirty' prototype is exactly what those assets are for.

-Alamar

News Comments > Hearthstone Expansion Next Week
4. Re: Hearthstone Expansion Next Week Jul 18, 2014, 11:14 Alamar

I loaded this back up last night (haven't touched it since earlyish beta), played a game, which went well (for me), but found myself wondering, even then, where the longevity was. Your very basic options are to play AI, players, or some arena thing I didn't check out.

I'm curious what the Naxx stuff will offer, but I'm expecting it'll just be some new AI opponents, which sounds a bit too boring. I like the idea of having some progression based goal, so I'll give it a whirl, but the whole card collection thing is NOT doing it for me. I did like MTG way back, and then again 5-10 years later (now 15 years ago), so the concept can be appealing to me...

The lack of being able to chat with your opponent, unless I just didn't see the option, is a bit of a turn off... Sure, most games, all that would be exchanged is a 'gg' or 'fu' at the end, but even that would have been nice... I think you can accomplish that with some kind of emotes, unless the game was automating that all along...

-Alamar

News Comments > Star Citizen at $48 Million
7. Re: Star Citizen at $48 Million Jul 14, 2014, 22:22 Alamar

Wow... Blue really likes Star Citizen... First time I ever saw a news post pushed to the top of the page...

-Alamar

News Comments > Humble 2K Bundle
14. Re: Humble 2K Bundle Jul 9, 2014, 00:06 Alamar

Squirmer wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 23:51:
That's what I'm saying. Beamer's heart is bleeding for the large corporate body that's missing out on cash, whereas I'm suggesting that charities are more deserving of the money. I think we need to question Beamer's motive here.

Money given to a charity has about as much chance getting to someone needy, as money going to a publisher getting to a developer ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Firefall This Month
18. Re: Firefall This Month Jul 8, 2014, 16:21 Alamar

DangerDog wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 15:19:
I think some of the core devs were responsible for making Starsiege Tribes, oh how the mighty have fallen.

You couldn't pay me to download and install this crap game again.

So you're saying I should put this crisp $5 bill back in my pocket?

-Alamar

News Comments > Meridian: New World Demo
1. Re: Meridian: New World Demo Jul 4, 2014, 22:57 Alamar

Wow, that looks surprisingly nice/crisp...

-Alamar

News Comments > Sacred 3 Preorders
1. Re: Sacred 3 Preorders Jul 2, 2014, 20:59 Alamar

This'll be going on my list...

For next years Summer/Winter sale...

-Alamar

News Comments > Underworld Ascension Announced
22. Re: Underworld Ascension Announced Jul 1, 2014, 16:44 Alamar

Yakubs wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 15:15:
You do realize this guy was an exec at Zynga right? And you do realize that at his time at Zynga he had a lot to say in support for the world of mobile gaming?

Ok, I get the Zynga hate... But your second sentence... Was that meant to be positive or negative?

-Alamar

News Comments > Underworld Ascension Announced
10. Re: Underworld Ascension Announced Jul 1, 2014, 12:05 Alamar

Ultima Underworld's were the only Ultima's I liked... Though I don't recall the advancement system being all that interesting.

-Alamar

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jun 30, 2014, 22:28 Alamar

Looks pretty... And it had me up until Turn Based...

-Alamar

1780 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo