Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1864 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light Launch Trailer
11. Re: Dying Light Launch Trailer Jan 27, 2015, 10:31 Alamar

My boss picked it up for me, so I'll check it out tonight... Been loving Lords of the Fallen though, so may not do much with it yet.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Void Destroyer Released
1. Re: Void Destroyer Released Jan 22, 2015, 21:05 Alamar

Did not expect that kind of shading in a space sim.. But I think it works well, and the game looks interesting.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2015, 14:37 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 14:35:
Blue wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 14:22:
Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 12:33:
Concept 2 Rowers. Rowing is by far the best combined cardio and strength exercise there is, bar none. Everything else is a waste of time and money comparitively. 20 mins every other day on one and you'll be in near Olympian shape in six months. Forget treadmills and all that other garbage.

This helps a discussion about the dangers of working at a desk how?

That you offset your sedentary lifestyle by working out intelligently, Stephen. You can work harder, or you can work smarter. It's not rocket surgery.

Did you buy one of those models? And where? If from the US company, what was the extra cost for shipping/duty? Amazon.ca has it listed, but not in stock.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2015, 13:22 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 12:33:
Concept 2 Rowers. Rowing is by far the best combined cardio and strength exercise there is, bar none. Everything else is a waste of time and money comparitively. 20 mins every other day on one and you'll be in near Olympian shape in six months. Forget treadmills and all that other garbage.

I used to go to Champions (later, Family Fitness), in Hamilton, about 20 years ago, and I loved their Life Rower (I think it was called)... They had a bunch of machines like this at the time, with screen displays showing your speed and some animations and stuff... It was fun to use for that, but also for the workout, which was great...

I've always been heavy, and since I walked a crap ton back then, my legs were pure power ; ), and ya, I could rock the shit out of a rower.

Now that I'm an old man, and heavier, it's hard to find equipment that can sustain my weight, or girth, but a rower is an interesting option... I'll check out the site, but if you know of options for those of us with larger asses, call it out ; )

News Comments > Technomancer Revealed
3. Re: Technomancer Revealed Jan 21, 2015, 13:04 Alamar

I really should go through Bound By Flame... It wasn't horrible, but it was lacking and underwhelming (damn the boredom that makes me buy launch titles when I really really shouldn't...)  

News Comments > Diablo III Lag Fixed
1. Re: Diablo III Lag Fixed Jan 21, 2015, 13:03 Alamar

Interesting... I guess the tens of thousands of traceroutes they got from players were moot (or pointed to a specific Blizzard hop).  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack Jan 20, 2015, 21:09 Alamar

Had the install button on my launcher for months.... Finally installed it a few weeks ago, and played through the tutorial, and one very laggy AI match... It was a big bowl of meh... But I'm not a bit MOBA fan, so maybe that's moot ; )  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Blackguards 2
1. Re: Ship Ahoy - Blackguards 2 Jan 20, 2015, 20:57 Alamar

I put 6h into the first... And see it sitting there, taunting me... I was enjoying it, but like most partially finished games, I got side-tracked... Much like over the holidays... Finally got Dragon Age... Obsessed through it... Got #2... Got halfway ish... Got #3... Got halfway ish... And started playing a bunch more D3... Not I'm not sure what to day... Maybe I should buy more games... heh  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences
16. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences Jan 20, 2015, 15:01 Alamar

Flatline wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 14:02:
I guess my hope to get the PC to walk to the loot pile when I click on it to open it up is too much to hope for then.

You have like a 12-inch radius around you that you can pick shit up in and if you don't have that you have to strafe and run around until you get just within the goddamn tiny radius of pick-up.

This is shit that's been solved already. Like, even in Mass Effect it's been solved. It shouldn't be a thing. I shouldn't feel aggravated *looting* something.

At least walking will let me be more precise so I won't overshoot the 12 inch loot zone when I sprint/strafe. Probably.

This would also be my most requested feature, and I don't understand why it's missing. It's not missing functionality (Mobs do it), so it must be a design choice... The game isn't click to move, but it'd still be nice to have that option for these cases.

-Nathan

News Comments > Diablo III "Major Lag"
1. Re: Diablo III Jan 19, 2015, 10:18 Alamar

Oh wow... I thought it was on my end heh... Instead, like most cases, it's not on my end or 'their' end... It's in the middle ; )  

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
31. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 17, 2015, 22:36 Alamar

verybad1 wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 14:38:
So a PTW, Zombie, Early Access game ISN'T a new idea...!

Well gosh golly, I'da thought that would get everyone excited.

Seriously, WTF are there so many damned Zombie games? I don't mind a few sure, but it's effing ridiculous.

Not a big fan myself, but I'll take it over some of the previous trends, like military shooters...

News Comments > Diablo III Celebrates Patch With Buffs
8. Re: Diablo III Celebrates Patch With Buffs Jan 15, 2015, 00:04 Alamar

Dual goblins... Great... I can miss two chances at a time... heh  

News Comments > Hellblade for PC Revealed; May Support 4K, Mods
2. Re: Hellblade for PC Revealed; May Support 4K, Mods Jan 8, 2015, 16:50 Alamar

Yay 4k... Just got my Samsung 50" 4K TV (Main monitor) set up yesterday, and was surprised my GTX 770 2GB is handling it as well as it is... Test drove a few games at reasonable rates (WoW/D3 at 80-100 ish, and even raided last night in WoW with no noticable issues)...

Dragon Age: Inq was at 5FPS, but disabling aliasing upped it to ~15... Playable, but not nearly ideal... Might pick up a 970 (potentially SLI) or 980 though.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2014, 11:32 Alamar

Legless Peach...

There are currently another eight listed for sale on eBay. The highest is currently priced at $800.

I don't understand people... Sure, those other auctions could also skyrocket, but probably not... What made that one worth so much more?

News Comments > Scrolls Launch Today
19. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 11:22 Alamar

Thatís remarkably cheap when you think about it.

Well, no, not necessarily... And not based on what I've seen.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon Nov 26, 2014, 17:43 Alamar

Hadn't heard this coming, and saw it on sale, so looked on the page... Looked at the screenies, which made me look for a 10 year old release date... Then I looked at the high price... Suffice it to say, I am thoroughly confused...  

News Comments > Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details
6. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 17:41 Alamar

Overon wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 16:57:
I anticipate this will be heavily pirated and this piracy will be easily rationalized by the people who pirate it.

As opposed to all the other piracy?

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Announced
4. Re: SpellForce 3 Announced Nov 24, 2014, 19:49 Alamar

Awesome... I enjoyed some of their previous games, and it's about time they updated the engine... I'm assuming... : )

I haven't put enough time into the many expansions they added the last few years though.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches
15. Re: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches Nov 13, 2014, 17:59 Alamar

Koshmar wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 16:24:
Is there a Blues guild on Area-52, I recently started playing there?

I don't know any other Blues people in WoW, let alone on the server.

But again, launch week is crap for a server like Area 52... Being high pop means queues... Being 99% horde means everyone is in the same area, so those areas run like crap. I should go to sleep for a week : )

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches
9. Re: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches Nov 13, 2014, 15:30 Alamar

nin wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 15:15:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 15:12:
nin wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 11:39:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 11:37:
Wait, they didn't release on a Tuesday?

Went live overnight. Mine shipped out yesterday and should be here today.

What server are you on, Nin? Just got my CE from Amazon. Starting area is a great idea. Highly phased so you aren't competing with everyone for kills like every other expansion on release day.

I'm on Garona primarily, but I've not played in a long time. I suspect it'll be like previous expansions where I show up for a few days and lose interest. Not that thats the games fault, it's more of burn out w/ mmos in general.

If you ignore launch week, US-Area 52 is a good Horde server... And we need some raid members (Wed/Fri 9 to ~12 EST)... : )

1864 Comments. 94 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo