Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 2029 (Senior)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 12:42 Alamar

InBlack wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 09:52:
In before the "rosy-colored glasses" assholes try to ruin some good memories with their stupid shit. Half Life 2 was a genuinely good game. There are games which stand the test of time, HL2 is one of them. As is HL1.

I disagree... Does that make me a "rosy-colored glasses" asshole? : )

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 16, 2015, 13:24 Alamar

Did this actually happen to any of you, or is this the usual BN comment section?

Just checked mine, and no changes...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 15, 2015, 18:18 Alamar

nin wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 16:22:
I'm moving like a snail in F4. So much to see and explore...going to be a loooong game.

It really floors me how much content these games have these days... Sometimes, when I get up high on a building, I just look around and marvel at the crazy number of man-hours it took to just model/texture all this shit... And the amount of detail with placed items and what not... Went into a jail cell earlier, and there were chems stashed in the corner, behind a pillar, so that the cops wouldn't see them...

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
47. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 14:39 Alamar

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 14:22:
Alamar wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 10:36:
So much scrolling... I'm having nightmares about it...

Carry around the usual 200 pieces of crap... Oh look, a T-45 Armor piece I can throw in my 'bank' for later... I should count, but I think I had to flick the mousewheel like 20 times to get down to T to click it, as container management lists every single item...

Like the previous games, you can click the little arrows to the left or right of where it says "My Inventory" or "<container name>" to switch from a full listing of contents to those categories that exist in your Pip-boy, weapons, apparel, aid, misc, ammo, etc. They've also directly implemented a sorting feature that we used to have to install a mod for, you can sort by weight and caps value, maybe a couple others.

Hmmm... Just checked, and I have no arrows on the left side for sorting MY stuff, but clicking on the name cycles through the types, so thanks for that ; )

36. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 10:36 Alamar

Creston wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 10:29:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 08:29:
On a some what related note for those who could not resist, how's the default UI? I know Skyrim's was a mess of consolitis and I ended up quitting and grabbing SkyUI about 10 minutes into the game.

The UI is fine. Pretty minimalist overall. It has the typical Bethesda problem that five items fit in one inventory screen so you wind up scrolling 17 hojillion times, but it's not the terrifying crap that the Skyrim UI was.

So much scrolling... I'm having nightmares about it...

Carry around the usual 200 pieces of crap... Oh look, a T-45 Armor piece I can throw in my 'bank' for later... I should count, but I think I had to flick the mousewheel like 20 times to get down to T to click it, as container management lists every single item...

I do like the one click to dump off crafting 'Junk' though, which I did before scrolling through 200 items above... I did go through and cut my inventory down to the 50 to 80 essential items mostly because of weight restrictions) after this though ; )

11. Re: Refund please. Nov 10, 2015, 22:55 Alamar

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 22:39:
I asked for a Steam refund already.

Sound issues right off the bat, could hear the female speaking, but males lips just moved with no sound. Half the controls would not work, check forums, countless complaints about the interface, gave up. No in-game option for changing FoV or turning off mouse acceleration? I don't care if you can turn it off by editing files *you actually have to edit 3 files each*, this is clearly a console port with not even one ounce of PC-centric effort.

Epic failure. Incredibly disappointing, have been playing Bethesda games since Arena: The Elder Scrolls.

That's pretty shitty... Glad you were able to get a refund at least ; )

I've had a few minor annoyances, but nothing that detracted from the fun very much...

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
60. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 18:26 Alamar

Raven wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 09:26:
I'll just jump in and say that I only had one bug last night, and it was probably a Steam bug where "tab" didn't always work when switching from the overlay.

Happy that quite a bit of the crafting is unlocked at the start. Just gotta get a few more perks to unlock more stuff.

Game looks amazing, though I predictably died when I went off scavenging for more junk to build stuff. Protip - modding a pipe pistol into a sniper rifle is all fine and dandy, but go for the bayonet instead if you're only going to bring 3 bullets with you...

I've hit a few bugs already... One requiring loading a previous save...

The first is that the UI, including weapon, Pip Boy, etc, just disappears... It's still functional, but gone... I just mousewheel zoom out and back in and it's good to go though...

The one requiring a reload was when I made a chair for someone... I made it at the bench, and it just disappeared, and that someone wouldn't let me advance as they walked over to where it might have been stuck under/over the building...

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
68. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 22:01 Alamar

Nuhauser wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 20:50:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:26:
Gamers shouldn't have to edit .ini files to get around a restriction that shouldn't exist. If they want to limit the framerate it should be a in-game option. It's not like high refresh rate monitors or SLI are uncommon.

You're aware that unlocking frame rate can bork the game in many other ways right? AI and Physics are frequently tied to it.

You're aware that the very few companies that connect AI and Physics to frame rate are mocked endlessly by their peers? : )

News Comments > Dark Souls III Collector's & Prestige Editions Revealed
1. Re: Dark Souls III Collector's & Prestige Editions Revealed Nov 9, 2015, 20:44 Alamar

I considered this, then recalled how the Scholar upgrade shit left a bad taste...

Which isn't a definite no (including just launch day'ish purchase), as that also depends on my boredom level at that point in time... Much like why I'm waiting for FO4 tonight : )

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
37. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 15:05 Alamar

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 14:28:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:26:
Gamers shouldn't have to

But that is why we are the master race, drop your pair already, their lodged in your throat. Mamby pambies can't edit an .ini file now if needed.

Agreed though their idiots if it doesn't exist in menu. But my g-pa would roll in the grave at my first world problems.

I agree that Gamers shouldn't have to edit an .ini file, and it's far from an issue of ability...

But from a dev point of view, adding one (hundred) settings in an .ini file is a crap ton easier, quicker, cheaper, than adding the option in the UI (and then localizing it, making sure the window can scale, is on the right pane, etc)... As PC gamers, we've always gotten a lot of in-game options (relative to consoles that don't need that customization), and a lot more out-of-game options.

In the end, money is all that matters... When there is a significant number of purchases based on high refresh monitors and SLI, Devs will take those issues more seriously... And those of us too 'poor' to use that technology will continue to also not care : )

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2015, 14:43 Alamar

Saboth wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 14:00:
I know everyone's hopping up and down for Fallout 4 (I'll probably pick it up when it's GOTY for 50% off), but if you are interested in a Dungeon-Crawling RPG, "The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians" is a great game so far. It looks similar to the Grimrocks, but focuses on combat, leveling, gear more than those excessive puzzles. Definitely worth the asking price IMO.

Nice recommendation, and it's great when they actually have some gameplay right on the steam page... That third video shows members having a pretty huge action bar, and I'm liking the queue'n of attacks...

Already have F4 set up for ~36h from now, but I'm wondering if I can put enough time into this before then to make it worth it heh...

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preloads
39. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 8, 2015, 00:29 Alamar

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 17:39:
I understand people saying "Fallout 3 rehash" because it does "KIND" of look like Fallout 3 graphics.

But, that's not what people should even care about.

People should care about:

#1 - Is the game going to be fun throughout?
#2 - Is it going to have a story you'll talk about years down the road?
#3 - Is it going to have appropriate challenge sliders for peoples levels of enjoyment?

This is what you guys should be worrying about. Graphics are a bonus to a good game, so many game players/developers fail to realize this.

Who still goes back and plays Deus Ex or Legend Of Zelda or Doom 2? I do. Not because of the graphics that's for sure.

As someone that will be playing Monday night at midnight, I disagree with this twice... First off, people should care about what they feel is important; not some arbitrary list...

And for #1, #2, and #2, my answer/expectation is no.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans
3. Re: Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans Nov 7, 2015, 15:25 Alamar

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 15:16:
"We’re adding an additional gold-purchasable stash tab for all players with the Reaper of Souls expansion. If you’re concerned that’s not enough, don’t worry—we’re also adding a way for players to earn additional Stash tabs, up to a maximum of 10, through our Season Journey feature."

Hmm, I hope the "Season Journey feature" isn't too bothersome. Overall... about FREAKING time.

Krovven will have a different point of view, but he doesn't really play from a point of what I call, reality... But I found about half the current 'Season Journey' to be manageable for a not-hardcore player... I mostly solo, so shit just takes longer, but even so, you have plenty of time throughout the season (even casually) to unlock 75% of it, if not more. I think that's about the point I got burned out.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preloads
27. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 7, 2015, 13:03 Alamar

Bucky wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 07:41:
It took me 30 minutes to pre-load, and now it's sitting on my drive and I can't play it. And I have a shiny new GTX 970 that needs a workout.

Is it Tuesday yet?

Walk over to your bed, hit T, and sleep for 60 hours...

Kxmode wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 12:48:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 12:30:
Fallout never seems to match up to the awe of the Elder Scrolls games. It's not that Skyrim had cutting edge visuals but it didn't look dated like Fallout 3 and Fallout 4.

Go compare Skyrim's graphics to Witcher 3's. Skyrim is definitely dated. But that's not why we play the Elder Scrolls games and Fallout games. We play them because of the story and the exploration. Well, that's why I play them.

I play for the dog hair physics...

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion Preorders; Cinematic
2. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion Preorders; Cinematic Nov 6, 2015, 22:01 Alamar

Love their cinematics... Sadly, 'Expected game release on or before 09/21/16'  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
54. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 20:26 Alamar

After looking at the builder, I'm more confused on where to go, but I'm initially thinking a Str/Agi Punch/Pistol/Sneak build... I'm really not sure if the Punch part is going to be a waste, because of how important shooting appears to be...

But there are a few neat perks scattered around that I'd like to try... I don't know if I'll like it enough for a single play through, let alone multiple, so ya, I'm confused what to try heh...

Edit: Looked again, now I want 3 Charisma for the loner perk, and the rest in Luck for the Crit stuff... I'm just going round and round, convincing myself to pick the game up it seems ; )

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2015, 20:32.

40. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 16:31 Alamar

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 14:22:
Dacron wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 14:00:
Gamers: The same group who yell "It's about gameplay not graphics!" then cry "Meh, the graphics aren't as great as I want, no good... skip." as they line up for a BF battlefront.
The issue is that it looks like a mod rather than a AAA game. That wouldn't be a problem if not for the AAA price tag. It's not like they've demonstrated much improvement in the way of gameplay either.

This seems really contradictory to me... What would a mod to F3 add? A hundred hours of content, or a few high res textures?

Of the huddreds of games with mod support I've played, I've seen like three high quality CONTENT mods, so F4 very specifically screams 'not a mod' to me...

As for Dacron's complaint... Does it bother you if I like Action RPGs, but not RTS games? Platformers but not FPS'? A genre is just a collection of accepted attributes, so not liking the graphics of a game is just as valid as, 'oh, it has RPG elements, and I don't want that shit mixed into my FPS goodness' (incidentally, that's crazy, because RPG elements are good in any game ; ).

14. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 12:44 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 11:51:
Yeah, zero interest in this. It looks all around bad and resembles a bad soap opera more than a Fallout game. And no intro by Ron Perlman? So than it's really not a Fallout game except in name and general setting is it? Yeah, I'll check it out...when it hits the bargain bin.

I'm not sure what's up with this, because his voice is in the game... Maybe it's just not revealed yet...

Edit: And he's credited as Narrator

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2015, 13:01.

1. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 11:23 Alamar

Man... I would be all over this, if not for that damn static dog hair... No hair physics, no sale...  

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
32. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 4, 2015, 23:44 Alamar

Slick wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 21:57:
yeah, new engines do take years... so? they're working on a 20 year old engine, they make boat loads of cash from every game they ship with it, why haven't they been working on this in the background?

Why ask questions for which you already know the answer?

2029 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo