Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1812 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer
4. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 10:08 Alamar

Darks wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 09:57:
Yes it is nin, but some of the loot changes like 2H weapons are still a no go. Why would anyone use a 2H weapon when using two 1H weapons give you more damage and better stats all around over the 2H weapon? No one uses 2H weapons in the game, the stats are still way to low on them. Use loose way to much damage and stats when comparing them.

I play as a monk, and Diabos drop all the time, but im still not giving up my 1H weapons. Again, the stats!

Krovven made this point in game a few weeks ago, concerning Wizards...

But, as I'm running a ray of frost build, 2h is the way to go, even if the damage value is a bit lower...

I had built my char around efficiency, so getting 15s of constant ray of frostness was great for some of the bigger enemies, but when I got a 1h upgrade, I switched, and that 15s was quickly turned into 8s... Yes, my 'mana' was sucked up twice as fast, and my damage may have been increased about 5-10%...

I looked into it and found a helpful post, and it has to do with attack speed using up resources faster, but not providing a dps gain... I believe this is also why whirlwind Barb's are 2H. Not sure, what in the monk uses this dynamic, other than the Tempest Rush (I think it's called), but that's not a dps ability.

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
9. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 16, 2014, 18:38 Alamar

I've played 20+ hours of DS II on the 360 so far (because I couldn't wait for the PC version), and it looks... Exactly as I expected... Which is not good.

It looks a lot like the previous two Souls games, with new assets, which is really shocking, since the 360/PS3 have been out for a decade...

Edit: After looking at the comparison video, I'm really hopeful for the PC version ; )

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2014, 19:01.

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD This Month
5. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD This Month Mar 13, 2014, 22:21 Alamar

I enjoyed this a lot more than Lords of Shadow, which I've had for years, and can't be bothered to beat...

In large part, it's simply because I like me some 2D Castlevania...

-Alamar

News Comments > BAFTA Winners
2. Re: BAFTA Winners Mar 12, 2014, 19:55 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 19:28:
If it's not available on all platforms it should be a contender to begin with. How is everyone else to judge otherwise?

Indeed, only games on PC, PS3, 360, Wii-U, iOS and Android should be allowed... That's what, like three games?

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 9, 2014, 13:05 Alamar

Holy crap... Dark Souls III is already on the list... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > PC Dark Souls II Next Month
2. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 18:13 Alamar

Forty Bones...

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
14. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:34 Alamar

Angrius Maximis wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 10:12:
http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3418426

All the changes...all for good. Path of Exile fanboys kindly fuck off

Thanks for this; was a good read.

Adventure mode sounds more interesting than it did, which previously, for me, held just about nothing... I like progressing through a story, which is why I don't play MP often. Most MP groups just want to grind a few 'high return' spots of the game over and over, and that bores the shit out of me.

And speaking of loot changing playstyle or build... I just got a Legendary Pants item that any time 3+ mobs are around me, it drops a cloud of poison for 10s that does like 260% damage per second... It's crazy OP (which is what shiny phatty lewts is all about : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced
12. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced Feb 27, 2014, 23:29 Alamar

Looks cool... Hopefully it plays well... PoE has taught me that I like games that play/feel fluid.

-Alamar

News Comments > Meet the Flockers
5. Re: Meet the Flockers Feb 26, 2014, 23:11 Alamar

Squirmer wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 21:32:
"This is the most important game we've worked on in over a decade,"

Don't they say this when they announce literally every new game.

And it's true every time...

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses
8. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses Feb 25, 2014, 11:30 Alamar

Likely picking this up around launch, so on the one hand, free stuff, yay.... On the other, wings I will use once to see what they look like, and something from a game I likely won't play more than a few minutes of (MOBlAh's)...

So in the end, nothing has really changed... Still have a bunch of stuff already in March to look into... And a crazy backlog that keeps getting moved out ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - EvilQuest
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - EvilQuest Feb 21, 2014, 13:41 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 12:21:
Gee, another 16 bit "retro" game. Sigh. Please, just stop. We had to play them back then. We didn't have a choice. Why would you want to drive a Model-T when you can zoom around in a McLaren F1?

What kind of gas mileage are you getting on your F1?

-Alamar

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead Feb 21, 2014, 13:23 Alamar

Darks wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 12:14:
Anyone know if this is real time or turned based combat?

Took me 3 or 4 gameplay video's to see a few seconds of combat, and ya, it appears turn based... Or just very slow.

Game seems to have a lot of dialogue, which isn't all that surprising if you've played Grotesque.

-Alamar

News Comments > More Frequent Starbound Content Updates Coming
2. Re: More Frequent Starbound Content Updates Coming Feb 21, 2014, 12:24 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 12:19:
Good! Much as I like the game I regret doing the early access thing. I think it's a bad thing for developers that do well with it. Makes them slack and lose focus as the money rolls in. Imagine getting paid before you actually go and do work. You might lose some motivation when the money is already in the bank, right? They need to stay lean and focused. Eye of the Tiger, baby! Rocky learned that hard lesson!

I disagree, and you seem to be forgetting that, by the time you can get a product into Early Access on Steam, your team has already put in a lot of work...

As for the disagree, greed wins for most people... If you're already selling your product, you have to figure that it's going to generate a lot more income when it's complete, so that's more motivation, not less, to get it finished...

I think most of what the problem with Early Access is, is that there are a lot of inexperienced indies that just don't know how much more time they're going to need to finish a project. Even when things go perfectly, and bug free, which they never do, shit takes a long time.

-Alamar

News Comments > Dark Souls II "Hollow Lullaby" Trailer
5. Re: Dark Souls II Feb 21, 2014, 11:47 Alamar

I don't think I'm going to be able to wait for the PC version...

-Alamar

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - EvilQuest
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - EvilQuest Feb 21, 2014, 11:34 Alamar

Only differs by 2 letters, but a few second look at the game, you can tell there shouldn't be any confusion...

Looks like fun, and it's only $2... May have to add that to my queue.

-Alamar

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video
21. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 19, 2014, 19:33 Alamar

Don't care much for the video... Would rather play, than watch...

But I'm looking forward to the changes, and new content... Will likely try the new class out first, but assuming I enjoy it, like I did at launch, I may re-roll some of my 60s...

I find the whole 'fiasco' interesting, because it appears that the answer to all the loot complaints is better gear, more often... Which just makes the/any game easier, sometimes too easy, which can be pretty boring. I didn't mind the original loot system, as it didn't feel any different than all the other ARPGs I have loved, and I enjoyed the skill-unlocking leveling system, and trying out new skills/combos/builds. I like not having to through out a character, because of a few bad choices (tree based advancement), but I also enjoy leveling anew, so I'm a bit conflicted ; )

March is a busy month though, DS2 is what I'm looking most forward to, but not sure I want to pick it up on the PS3 vs waiting for PC.

-Alamar

News Comments > Sacred 3 This Summer
8. Re: Sacred 3 This Summer Feb 19, 2014, 19:07 Alamar

Have never been a fan of this series, but I'm hopeful #3 will be fun...

Not that it has any effect on the game, but the trailer was entertaining.

-Alamar

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Feb 18, 2014, 19:46 Alamar

osage no onna wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:36:
Hooray! I've gotten so used to reading people's comments here over the... uh, decades... that it felt surprisingly weird not having that option whenever some half-interesting news broke.

Indeed... Hadn't realized how much I depended on the curmudgeon cranky talk... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Rust Punches Cheaters
1. Re: Rust Punches Cheaters Feb 12, 2014, 09:32 Alamar

I have never cheated in a multiplayer, competitive game... I simply don't see the appeal, because I love winning...

That may seem backwards, but it's really not... If I were to win something, by cheating, it's not really a win.

Now, I've been accused of cheating many times... And there's not much more I boast about, in gaming, than that... Especially when it's in a game I am just very good at (like UT Excessive, 'back in the day').

I can, however, see some of the appeal for others, in cheating competitively... And I assume, for the most part, it comes down to one thing... They're just not good enough at the game. I'm quite out of practice in FPS games myself, and I tried out Loadout when it hit last week... I played horribly... Only played against bots, but looking at my stats, and just the feel of how I was playing, I knew I was a detriment to my team... But even playing that badly, I have no interest in cheating, because of some of the above, and because I know, with experience, I would get much better... I have that patience...

/Ramble

-Alamar

News Comments > Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter
4. Re: Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter Feb 11, 2014, 10:29 Alamar

Can't see enough, so hard to judge, but it doesn't look like my style of game...

However, I think the presentation was great, and that's what sells : )

-Alamar

1812 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo