Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1765 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls 2 Video
2. Re: Dark Souls 2 Video Jan 30, 2014, 23:10 Alamar

Little disappointed they show clips from people that are really bad at the game...

I realize they want to keep the illusion that the game/series is really hard, but seriously, at least show some better combat...

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Graphics Comparison
3. Re: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Graphics Comparison Jan 30, 2014, 10:34 Alamar

BitWraith wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 09:45:
I loved the game (played on PC). One of the issues I had with the character was how cartoony Laura looked in comparison with the other characters that they tried to make look like real people. Laura still looks a bit like a barbie doll, doing every movement as sexily as she possibly can. She's a strong female lead, but she looks like what a room full of guys thinks a strong female lead looks like.

Now comes this "definitive" version of Laura which looks even more lifeless and plastic. They took several steps backwards. At least the girl on the right up there looks like it could be modeled after a real person. The "definitive" version just looks like a sex-doll.

Frankly I have been unimpressed with the definitive edition.

I just went through this game (best $5 spent this last year), with Lara (btw), and I didn't notice her being overly sexy in her actions... And she does indeed look how I expect someone in the (impossible) physical condition required to do these kinds of things, should look.

As for the above video, I see what you mean... The face especially.

Also, does the PS4 support voice commands? The video claims PS4 to PC, but at least one of the scenes shows the tutorial text for shouting a command.

-Alamar

News Comments > Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week
5. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 10:28 Alamar

My first thought was... 'Oh neat, I didn't know this was released yet'... Annnnnnnd it's not...

This is why Early Access is offered ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 28, 2014, 18:22 Alamar

Echo Prime looks good, is only $8, gets you a free (currently $15) game... And for a company that makes some pretty cool (unique/different) stuff... Sold!

-Alamar

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots
16. Re: Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots Jan 28, 2014, 11:21 Alamar

I really should beat the first...

-Alamar

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic X Legacy
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic X Legacy Jan 23, 2014, 21:34 Alamar

Since there are always complaints about any DRM that isn't Steam... I'll explain my UPlay experience just now...

I had previously purchased this during early access, but removed it to wait for the final copy... Noticed it was final today, and installed it on steam... Ran it, played for an hour or two, and quit the game... This is the point I noticed UPlay, and what did it have? A popup asking if I want to quit UPlay, which I clicked...

Damned intrusive DRM... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers
8. Re: WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers Jan 22, 2014, 16:32 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 12:54:
Yup, Area 52 is the poster child of Horde dominance, even more so than Thrall it would seem. Every time I went in to oqueue for Ordos (or get a realid invite from a guild member on that realm), it seemed to always default to A52 and I can't say I've ever seen more than a handful of Alliance running around.

We killed off a bunch of big Alliance guilds years ago, and they never respawned...

Lok'tar!

-Alamar

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
38. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 16:09 Alamar

Kawlisse wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 15:56:
Good thing there are private servers, that doesnt have crap like that.

Indeed... It's handy that theft is so rampant that we can enjoy goods at lower prices...

Knockoff purses, clothes, DVDs/Games, jewelry, etc... Yay for theft!

-Alamar

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
21. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 12:00 Alamar

InBlack wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 11:02:
There are definitely games out there that are enjoyable from level 1 onwards. WoW is definitely NOT one of those games. I (un)subbed from Vanilla WoW ages ago after my n-th *insert creature here* pelt piece of quest...

Could you name some MMO's that are enjoyable from level 1? And to be fair, I don't mean the first time, because for myself, and many, new content (graphics, stories, abilities, etc) is fun in itself.

Also curious to know what MMO's don't have kill/collection quests. Not that I'd want to play any, but while people always complain they want something different, they seem to think they want it in the genre, which is a little contradictory : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Ending
25. Re: Steam Greenlight Ending Jan 15, 2014, 23:26 Alamar

Maybe they're combining Greenlight with Early Access... Instead of voting to get a game on Steam, you have to buy it, and when they make enough sales, then it's allowed to stay : )

-Alamar

News Comments > SOE Considering Unified Subscriptions
1. Re: SOE Considering Unified Subscriptions Jan 7, 2014, 12:01 Alamar

I don't think I've ever subscribed to an SOE game, but didn't they have this a while back, but it was $20, or $30?

I like this current plan though; I'm intending to look at EQN, and I'm hopeful it'll be the first EQ that I put in more than a week on : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
24. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 7, 2014, 00:29 Alamar

My first thought about Steam OS was.. Maybe I'll dual boot, when it's ready...

But what's the point? What does it actually offer? Compared to what it takes away...

Btw, I now have a 50" TV (thanks Boxing Day sales) hooked up behind my computer desk, where my recliner is, so my office is both where my PC is, and my (second) living room : ) Got it about a week ago, and I've sat at the desk like once since then.

-Alamar

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves Valve
20. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Valve Jan 6, 2014, 17:27 Alamar

Beamer wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 14:31:
You kind of can.
For a developer like Valve, when someone leaves, it makes news. And you know when a developer leaves because they update their linkedin.

You know when a developer 'of note' leaves because people watch their linkedin...

There are dozens of unknowns at Valve (and every company) who's comings and goings, you'll never hear about...

-Alamar

News Comments > Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed
5. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 11:44 Alamar

At least Lego Marvel wasn't touched ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Deadpool Game Disappearance
20. Re: Deadpool Game Disappearance Jan 2, 2014, 11:43 Alamar

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 02:01:
Cutter wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 23:23:
I do my very best to avoid giving Marvel any money. They're total pricks.
I think you mean Activision... right?

Or EA?

-Alamar

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
50. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 2, 2014, 11:28 Alamar

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 12:13:
If you haven't bought or downloaded the originals by now I would have to wonder why. Why not at the very least sample two of the greatest ARPGs from two decades back? Even if their old school gameplay and graphics are more than you can bare. You owe it to yourself to try them especially when you've seen they are so cheap or even free at times.

I can tell you why : )

Having tried them when they first came out, I didn't like them... I know I'm in the curmudgeon minority though (as opposed to the curmudgeon majority).

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2014, 11:23 Alamar

Sounds like a lot of PC gift giving this season, which still have Win7 on them...

The crazy number is XP is still around 30%... Which isn't really crazy if you think about when the next viable alternative came around (Win7), and that PC's last a long time (for those of us that don't game on them).

-Alamar

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
13. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 17:57 Alamar

Prez wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 16:29:
Overon wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 16:16:
Why can't valve anticipate that when they do something like this their website store goes down do to load. Why not throw some extra capacity at the problem to prevent it from happening? Now people can't access the site to buy games.

It seems so basic yet Valve bungles this every year. Apparently a lot of people still hadn't bought L4D2 by now.

I considered getting it a while back, but it looks mainly coop, and I didn't have anyone to play with...

I did, however, pick up How To Survive in this morning's Flash Sale, and I'm loving the humor...

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
41. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 11:03 Alamar

Prez wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 08:54:
I'm doing quite well on the sale myself. As Verno said it's more small publishers nowadays but that's cool. I bought some lesser games (non-AAA) that I've been wanting for a while all for very little scratch. So far I got:

Contagion
Reus
Cities XL Platinum
The Harvest
Shadow Warrior
YOU DON'T KNOW JACK Classic Pack
Eador: Genesis
Resonance
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
Armada 2526 Gold
3DMark Advanced
Lost Planet Colonies
Dark Void

I got one of those : )

Also going to pick up Tomb Raider on Amazon... For $5 : )

-Alamar

News Comments > On Sale
22. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 21:19 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 17:18:
Acutally, I came up with a good idea for a website or utility gamers would love. A way to check your Steam wishlist - or any other - across multiple digital sales sites to see if it's on for a good sale somewhere.

Not sure if you're just being sarcastic...

I know it's been posted here a whole bunch of times, and I'm pretty sure you live on the boards... But just in case... [url=sThereAnyDeal.com[/url]

-Alamar

1765 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo