Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1810 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

News Comments > Cancelled "Oblivion-style" Might and Magic Game
17. Re: Cancelled Aug 20, 2011, 20:51 Alamar

Might & Magic, as an RPG... I'm sure I never heard of such a thing...

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Trine 2 Co-op Trailer
1. Re: Trine 2 Co-op Trailer Aug 18, 2011, 16:37 Alamar

That was impressive...

I originally ignored all the chatter about this game, because it read bad 'on paper', but holy hell, they did a good job with 3D side scrolling looking great...

Now if only castlevania could do this...

-Alamar

News Comments > Notch's Q3A Scrolls Challenge
23. Re: Cool Aug 18, 2011, 11:50 Alamar

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 22:38:
ahahahaha This has got to be the absolute *BEST* response to a lawsuit I have ever seen in my life.

Kudos Notch! If they're smart, they'll accept the challenge.. this is great publicity all around (besides the part where Bethesda's lawyers are complete asshats for trying to own the word "Scrolls"). ^_^

You meant Mojang's being complete asshats for trying to trademark the word "Scrolls"?

-Alamar

News Comments > Star Trek: Infinite Space Media
5. Re: Star Trek: Infinite Space Media Aug 18, 2011, 11:46 Alamar

Only interested insofar as to tell you that I'm not interested : )

The battle clip looked alright, but reminds me that I don't enjoy that style.

-Alamar

News Comments > World of Warcraft Transmogrification Coming
14. Re: do you really want to know Aug 18, 2011, 11:41 Alamar

space captain wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 22:30:
how many years have you wasted on this shit?

I played WoW on and off for ~5 years... I didn't waste any time on it : )

-Alamar

News Comments > RIFT Semi-Anniversary Celebration Includes Free Play
7. Re: RIFT Semi-Anniversary Celebration Includes Free Play Aug 18, 2011, 11:39 Alamar

LgFriess wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 11:25:
Illumin wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 11:03:
To tell you the truth I have my doubts about any online game anymore. They all end up being the same thing, raid the same 5 dungeons for months on end, fight in the same 5 warfronts / battlegrounds for months do these same 20 dailys for months on end.

This is what I'm afraid of. I'm really hoping SWTOR will recapture some of the interest I had in early WoW. Something tells me it won't, not because the quality of the game, but because the nature of MMORPGs has gotten SO stale. With any luck, the new atmosphere and fresh start will keep my interest high. If not, there are certainly a number of great looking games on the way!

Well put (both comments)... Though I highly doubt something like SW will do anything good for the genre...

Things is though, if you consider a massive a single player experience, like TES games, you might get a lot more out of it than you expect. Minus the whole having to pay again to play it after the first month.

My point is, massives generally come with a LOT of content, much more (and more varied) than epic single player RPGs, plus you get the MP benefits.

Hadn't really thought much about it like this, but this is why I like massives... Any time I try a SP RPG, I miss being able to (at the minimum) chat with friends in game, but when I play a massive, I prefer to go through the stories solo, at my pace, and enjoy the content everyone else complains doesn't exist, because they're only racing for max level.

-Alamar

News Comments > Skyrim Using Steamworks
30. Re: Skyrim Using Steamworks Aug 18, 2011, 11:33 Alamar

I remember the 'convenience' of having to search my room/bookshelf/desk/wherever for that game CD that I haven't played for a month...

Much easier than just making sure I'm online (if even that), and launching the game...

-Alamar

News Comments > Renegade Ops Upgrades Trailer
3. Re: Renegade Ops Upgrades Trailer Aug 17, 2011, 09:46 Alamar

military-themed co-op shooter

That part really turns me off... Then I watched the vid... Looks like a demo will be worth checking out : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Trailer
2. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 11:03 Alamar

Refer to previous rants about 'teaser trailers'... In short; they suck ; )

I'm not sure what it offers, as it's not exactly a gameplay trailer... But it's likely rendered in game, so who knows...

Definitely looking forward to it : )

Quite likely a day 1 purchase for me.

-Alamar

News Comments > Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities
12. Re: Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities Aug 15, 2011, 14:53 Alamar

Prez wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 14:41:
Even assuming that it's not worth 50 bucks, who's to say that just because one buys it on Steam that they will be paying full price? Likely there will be a 50%-off sale within the first 2 to 3 months.

If I have to wait until the holiday sale for a 50% sale on this and Deus Ex, I'm fine with that...

I'm actually really enjoying being too busy to game... Which is odd for me, but it means I'm getting a lot of stuff done : ) Damn, I sound like I just quit playing WoW... (I didn't) (quit recently)... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Weekly Top 10
7. Re: Steam Weekly Top 10 Aug 14, 2011, 22:04 Alamar

sauron wrote on Aug 14, 2011, 16:58:
Did anyone else here pick up Fallout3:GOTY edition last weekend, during the Quakecon sale? I had avoided it because I thought my machine (laptop) wouldn't run it, but turns out it's totally fine.

The full game plus all DLC for $15 is the sweetest deal I've had all year.

I just picked up Fallout 3 during the summer sale for $11... Went through it; it was alright. But I haven't dug into the DLC much... Went to the island thingy, did the house 'event' thingy, but lost interest (and time)...

Nice seeing Terraria back up there, even if I can't get much enjoyment out of it.

-Alamar

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
4. Re: Saturday Screenshots Aug 13, 2011, 22:33 Alamar

Just showed these to the wife too...

My thoughts were basically that, if I hadn't seen that they were supposed to be screenshots (and for Borderlands 2), I would have thought those were fan art or something...

And yes, holy hell that 2nd (and 1st, shit, all of them) one is colorful...

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Top 10
68. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 11, 2011, 16:43 Alamar

reisub wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 15:58:
J wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 05:36:
reisub wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 21:20:
J wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 20:22:
I'm making an exception for Human Revolution based upon my experiences of it so far. It's my way of saying "Great job! More of this, please."
And if, heaven forbid, the final game turns out to be ultimately disappointing, they'll be very happy you did.

Do publishers really consider pre-order numbers post release when deciding to green light a follow-up? Surely all that matters is final sales.

You need to lighten up, Francis. What happened, did you get burned by previous pre-orders? It's like you have a vendetta about pre-orders.

Let go. Move on.
Whatever Louis, I've never pre-ordered a game. I just find the practice baffling and think it encourages lazy development. Although not so much in this case as it hasn't got much of a name to trade on for most people, especially after the last one.

I know I'm a few days late to the party, but had a thought about this...

For most consumers (my statistics are based on me standing up while talking out of my ass), they buy a product without doing a lot of research... Either before it hits shelves or after, that effort remains similar... So assuming this is mostly true, you could argue that pre-order sales mean nothing : )

Or at least, those that argue that pre-ordering is stupid (myself included; I rarely do it), might be forgetting about how many post-orders are made with just as little 'hard' information.

-Alamar

News Comments > Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM
49. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 11, 2011, 16:25 Alamar

Verno wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 14:46:
I look at it as an either or thing. Generally though I try to "do the singleplayer" first then move onto multiplayer as the storyline stuff is usually more enjoyable without someone yakking at you in voice/text chat. I think it's kind of a hard sell to say that those games no have singleplayer though. It looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck...

I used to do this... I like reading all the quests, experiencing all the 'story', even in those games 'you people' complain don't have it, like WoW... The problem however, is that I'll generally have someone to run through the content with RIGHT AWAY...

Which usually leads to people saying, I'll lvl to max really fast, then go through the quests later...

I don't do that; I force my playing partners to wait while I read all the quests through the first time, because I know I'm going to breeze through them later.

Although, I guess I'll end up with a hybrid... I obsess over games more than most of the people I know... And will likely (with D3, T2, GW2, etc) start 2 chars at launch... 1 to play with the wife, and 1 to play solo, and maybe another to play with friends that are at a different point than the char linked with the wife... In Rift, I got my first char to max, with the wife, then the second to max the same day, becuase I had effectively played twice as much as her.

-Alamar

News Comments > Frozen Synapse Demo and Sale
12. Re: Frozen Synapse Demo and Sale Aug 11, 2011, 16:08 Alamar

Bumpy wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 15:52:
Does it not go higher than 16x10? My native 19x10 is not on the list, fonts look crap.

Can't run it in a window at 16x10? I always run my stuff in a window at 16x10, but my monitor is 19x12 (which helps because of various horizontal bars that would get in the way).

If I remember to, and can find an hour or two, I'll check this out... considered buying it in a previous sale, but not sure I'll enjoy it.

-Alamar

News Comments > 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans
11. Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans Aug 11, 2011, 12:20 Alamar

Blizzard announces 300k (and 600k) leave, and Funcom announces 300k join... Kind of funny, and not statistically connected, but PR never needs to be accurate ; )

I actually really enjoyed my Herald of Xotli (or something) when Conan launched, but I just ran out of solo content in the 40's ish, and haven't been back since... If I wasn't so busy, I'd consider checking out the F2P version.

-Alamar

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sylvari Details and Trailer [Updated]
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sylvari Details and Trailer Aug 11, 2011, 12:13 Alamar

'You haven't seen everything fantasy has to offer, the sylvari are new'...

Ya... Plant people... how shockingly original... never seen that in a dozen places before...

I do hope the game is launching soon : )

-Alamar

39. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 11, 2011, 12:05 Alamar

Personally, I'm more concerned that the last gameplay video I saw, on some trash site (so that didn't help), bored me... I try to take that with some measure or anti-expectation, as the game will feel much different than a gameplay video will feel...

As for the online only, I don't like it, but I'm fairly certain it won't ever be an issue.

On the plus side, even playing an SP game, if I find some uber rare phatty lewts, I can throw them up on the real money AH and make a few bucks... Which may require jumping through some stupid hoops, but if it's worth it, maybe I'll quit my job and do it full time (not too likely heh).

As for 'on topic'... Someone already pointed it out fairly succinctly... Not putting in features loathed by the general populace and pointing that out, is just good PR : )

Looking forward to T2, but hoping it's more fun, and more replayable, than T1... I made the mistake of using that heirloom system to pass on that one piece of gear, but then made a character I really didn't like... Neat idea, but it backfired : )

-Alamar

37. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 11, 2011, 11:48 Alamar

FloorPie wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 01:53:
I have no idea how one can consider D1/D2 anything near a MMO. D3 with the auctions for cash etc, sure but even then its certainly not "massive". How many players in one "game instance"? 4? D2 was what, 6-8 people in one game/server?

Guild Wars was considered by many fan(atics) for years to be a massive... and All it differed from D2 in that regard, was a graphical meeting place...

-Alamar

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer
9. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 17:02 Alamar

Both this and DNF were high on the meh scale... I have tried each a bit, but not sure I will ever pick them up, even a sub $20 (10?)...

I did enjoy 1 & 2 and whichever expansions I have... So likely for story, I'll eventually take the plunge...

-Alamar

1810 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 58.
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo