Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1814 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Announced
19. Re: Far Cry 4 Announced May 15, 2014, 17:03 Alamar

I didn't like Far Cry, or #2... But I thoroughly enjoyed #3, so I'm hopeful this will be fun enough.

I did get each for about $5/5/15 though, so #3 was obviously quite a good deal (much like RAGE, Tomb Raider, etc, that I got for $5 to $15 : ).

Can't say I'll get this sooner/nearer-launch, but it seems likely. Been feeling like a shooter lately though... Might re-install the Crysis games or some such.

-Alamar

This comment was edited on May 15, 2014, 17:10.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > I Shall Remain Early Access
16. Re: I Shall Remain Early Access May 14, 2014, 15:31 Alamar

ForgedReality wrote on May 14, 2014, 10:21:
Is it just me or is this trend getting fucking tiresome to anyone else? I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF THIS ZOMBIE SHIT. Everything these days is about zombies. Holy shit, how unimaginative and boring can you be? I'd like to buy some originality, Alex.

Don't you mean Pat?

Pat sold vowels, and Alex bought questions...

verybad1 wrote on May 14, 2014, 13:17:
Seriously, give zombies a break, they're overworked.

We're at a time where Indie's are popping all over the place, which is good, because being that there's so many, you'll see a lot of unique styles/twists/takes/etc... But it also means that we'll see a lot of rehash, because people will play a game, and really like it, and want to emulate, at least portions of it...

Plus, zombies are easy... They don't have to look great, they shamble, which means animations don't have to be AAA, they're bloody, which also makes low quality not as important... In short, they're perfect for Indie's. Not that Indie's are the only ones shoveling out zombie games.

Lastly, almost every game posted on here, and there are hundreds a month, people bitch about it being done before... Many commenters here are sick of platforming, 8-bit anything, zombies, shooters, military shooters, etc, etc, etc... Not everyone is going to like everything, or even close, but it's still better, as consumers, and gamers, to have all these options... You can ignore the massive list of zombie games, if you're sick of everything zombie, and still have a massive list of games to play. It's a good time to be a gamer : )

-Alamar

This comment was edited on May 14, 2014, 15:36.

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
5. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 10:19 Alamar

I really need to get back to the second and force myself through it... Thoroughly enjoyed the first, and didn't like where the second was going, but I'm sure there's lots to enjoy about it.

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Top 10
47. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 03:10 Alamar

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 11, 2014, 23:25:
Paranoid Jack wrote on May 11, 2014, 23:08:
LMAO, got to be one of the best threads in a long time. Thanks...
This thread seems full of trolls if you want my opinion. If I dare actually comment on the subject of the post, I must say that DayZ sucks ass. Not just DayZ but every other zombie game. After the fist 80 zombie games I think we are ready for something new. How about a modern AAA WWII game? Sorry again to actually comment on the subject matter.

I hope you're kidding... We really don't need another rash of WWII games...

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 11, 2014, 21:36:
ochentay4 wrote on May 11, 2014, 18:10:
Gamepads existed since the inception of a PC!

Confused Sure they did, kid. At the "inception of a PC", you were damn lucky if you had keyboard support, real keyboard support, and not just membrane input.

There's 20 years of separation between the "inception of a PC" and when gamepads were even remotely available to the mass market.

Let me guess, you also think that the NES is "old school".

Yes, you're technically correct... But your counter point is moot. Gamepads for PCs have been around, for ~25 years... Does it really lessen his point that PCs were around a few decades before that?

A better point is simply that as they're still not standard with a PC, PC games shouldn't require them. Except, people beg for PC ports of console games, and Dark Souls are prime examples of that. In the end, the way I see it, the only fault is Steam (and other retailers) not specifically stating that a controller is required, or heavily recommended. Actually, the DS page states 'Notice: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows (or equivalent) is strongly recommended' quite noticably... DS2 should have it as prevalent, but it's stated in the minimum specs (as recommended).

-Alamar

News Comments > Free Unreal Tournament Plans
43. Re: Free Unreal Tournament Plans May 9, 2014, 02:15 Alamar

Sounds like it's time to revive CTF-HouseOfCards and RPUT... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack
5. Re: Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack May 7, 2014, 11:50 Alamar

That is a very strange looking game, but it was almost a purchase 2s into the video (Made by the creators of Bastion). : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Crimsonland Remake This Summer
3. Re: Crimsonland Remake This Summer May 6, 2014, 20:23 Alamar

I really enjoyed Crimsonland back in the day, but I'm not seeing anything new in that trailer... Same weapons, same mobs, same crimson land... I'm sure the graphics are turned up a notch, but, I'll just play the version I already own.

Of course, if they add more to the game, a story, RPG stats, etc... I might be interested.

-Alamar

News Comments > Bound by Flame Launch Trailer
13. Re: Bound by Flame Launch Trailer May 6, 2014, 02:56 Alamar

Fantaz wrote on May 6, 2014, 01:01:
netnerd85 wrote on May 5, 2014, 11:58:
Bought it on GMG for $25

wow, that's cheap... nice!

15% off, and FUSWJT-B1DU64-JBV8UY works for another 20% (off the 15% off price), bringing it to $27.20 USD.

Quite tempting...

-Alamar

News Comments > Bound by Flame Launch Trailer
5. Re: Bound by Flame Launch Trailer May 5, 2014, 11:37 Alamar

nin wrote on May 5, 2014, 11:10:
Cheesy...

Very few games and movies are not, so it's not really a factor : )

My hope is that it's a Souls game, with story, but I don't think the combat is that... Tactical... Or punishing...

And if it was, it wouldn't be called Bound by Flame, it would be called, Bound by Flame, dear flame...

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 5, 2014, 11:33 Alamar

Ceribaen wrote on May 5, 2014, 11:05:
nofb wrote on May 5, 2014, 10:57:
Considering the failure Dark Souls 2 proved to be on PC, that 1st position is a real wonder. Apparently this "game" had such a good publicity that it passed no matter how crippled - and this isn't the first time!

Not to mention the total lack of support, I wish I could just get a refund and forget about this mistake.

Had they released that for PC first, they would never have sold so many licences.

I've been hearing plenty of good word of mouth about Dark Souls 2... what's the failure for it?

There were some initial crash upon launch issues, as well as some KB/M issues. I know some of them have been resolved, but I couldn't claim all. So obviously, his 'total lack of support' is a load, but people like to exaggerate, so no biggie : )

The game has always run flawlessly for me, and it looks great, feels great, and beats my ass to a pulp when I get too cocky ; )

I had put off getting a controller for years, until Dark Souls, so I've never even tried to play this one with KB/M, and now that I'm a convert, I just can't ever see not doing it like this. Which is also true for a bunch of other games I've had over the years...

I do agree with his PC first line though... A lot of people wanted it for the PC, but couldn't wait, so they bought it on console, then the real version on PC, so had the PC been first, they likely only would have had one happy sale ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Defiance Going F2P
5. Re: Defiance Going F2P May 1, 2014, 22:39 Alamar

Umbragen wrote on May 1, 2014, 21:08:

The game MUST be better than the TV show, it's simply impossible for it to be otherwise.

I liked the show... And looking forward to it returning... tv.com says June 19 : )

-Alamar

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
20. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 13:46 Alamar

Stanly Manly wrote on May 1, 2014, 10:38:
HorrorScope wrote on May 1, 2014, 10:23:
A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases.

This was my #1 issue why I wouldn't consider it, not saying the only one. But man I asked over and over and players said "It was fixed", obviously it's not since it's on their list. Man it sucks when the player base can't be straight with direct questions.

Fanboys and shills... fanboys and shills...

Don't ever expect a real answer from the kinds of "players" who sing the praises of games like this.

My take is that both yourself, and the players he asked, are ignorant...

If you haven't experienced an issue, and give people an answer based on that, doesn't that make you a fanboy, a shill, or just a human?

When I read the specific line in question, my first thought was... Why bother, it works well enough as it is... And like most other games that have used this technology (City of Heroes, Conan, etc). There's already options in place for players to correct the situation, but that's where the dev's mistake really lies. Expecting players to know about these options 'automatically'... My wife and I did, because we're experienced, but we're not their demographic, so it was a bad design/judgement.

As for the game, and my impressions... I liked some aspects, didn't think a lot of the complaints were as bad as people claimed (both from those ignorant, and those actually playing, again, partly related to being more experienced, maybe more forgiving), but in the end, I just didn't find it fun enough... I often obsess about the (new) games I play, and it just wasn't happening with ESO, which, for me, is the biggest factor. If I'm not thinking about getting back home and logging in, it's just not working out, and it's time to end the relationship : )

-Alamar

News Comments > WildStar Beta Key Giveaway
6. Re: WildStar Beta Key Giveaway Apr 30, 2014, 15:38 Alamar

Fantaz wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 14:45:
Total-Khaos wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 12:33:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 11:18:
Total-Khaos wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 10:32:
"Only users who Like this page are eligible to enter."

So, you're basically holding beta keys hostage in order to force people into liking your page, even if they really don't? That is so lame.

It's give and take. After it's all said and done, you can just unlike.

Absolutely - I just don't like companies doing shady things like this. Why not offer the beta key with no stipulations, and simply ask that users like their page instead afterwards? I'd be more inclined to do so than I would by making it a requirement. Meh.

companies get a lot of money with Facebook likes. this is very smart of them, because a lot of ppl are lazy and don't bother to unlike them afterwards.

Or realize that liking a company that provides a good product isn't much of an issue ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > From Software Sold
42. Re: From Software Sold Apr 29, 2014, 14:06 Alamar

Asmo wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 18:02:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 17:07:
"Good port, I want a good port, blah blah blah." No, you don't. You want an action-RPG just like Dark Souls, that was designed for keyboard and mouse instead.

With the 7 meg patch that came down last night, it addresses the sensitivity problem + the keybinds not sticking + missing functionality like the jump key not working when rebound...

But you wouldn't know that because your playing on controller and have your foot firmly lodged in your mouth with your head stuck up your ass...

The company admitted there are serious problems with the implementation and have moved to address it. That should probably put an end to your ridiculous rants.

Incidentally, 3rd person games are entirely playable with M&KB if the controller scheme is well set up. If it's shit, then yes, it will be more difficult to play... Funny that..

You make some good points, and some not so good points...

That the company is fixing their mistakes should put an end to those ridiculous rants, but hopefully it will end the ridiculous rants on the other side...

As for 3rd person games being entirely playable... Many are, but I can't currently think of any that have combat (moves) as complex as Souls... As much as I love that a keyboard has a crap ton of keys, having a crazy amount of complexity with one hand, and only camera control and ~two buttons on the other doesn't make for a lot of usable combinations.

-Alamar

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Issues
13. Re: Dark Souls II PC Issues Apr 26, 2014, 11:30 Alamar

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 11:07:
PHJF wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 06:59:
Yifes wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 22:40:
Frijoles wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 22:19:
Big soldier guys? Head to the forest. The mobs there are way easier. Unless you mean the pigs in the town.

The big ogre hippo thing... it was worth it though I had less trouble with the asylum demon lol

You are absolutely positively not supposed to be fighting those the first time through things betwixt.

Is there a reward for taking them down like with the asylum demon though?

The Asylum demon is required... And only has a guaranteed reward (the weapon) if you kill it with no heals and the initial no damage broken weapon (that takes a thousand hits).

The first hippo drops a nice ring, and the set of two in the next area give you an interesting weapon (that you get from the cook in the room with all the peoples).

I feel bad for the people that can't run it, but I've had a great ol time. And the asinine comments are unsurprising from the usual bitches...

-Alamar

News Comments > WildStar Devs on Warplots
6. Re: WildStar Devs on Warplots Apr 24, 2014, 11:48 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 11:10:
Being instanced between zones was something that bothered me when I picked up the first Guild Wars title, thinking it was a step backwards from the open world design which was provided in Warcraft.

Now, it's not that much of a big deal as long as the zones are interesting and loaded with content. The starter zones like Levian Bay and Crimson Isle are pretty straight-forward and short but once you hit Deradune, the game really opens up with content, creature variety, a zone boss, crafting professions, and about 10x more points of interest for your path.

For me, these betas have made me more and more excited and it's nice that they are giving us a surprise beta weekend coming up on top of extending the previous beta weekend. On top of that, each beta shows the amount of work they are putting in between weekends rather than use it as a demo and ignore the bugs or optimization.

They really do have a great relation with the community.

Is pre-ordering the only way to get in beta? I didn't see a sign up on their site...

If so, I hope there's an open one close to launch. As is, I know almost nothing about the game, and will keep it that way unless some free option shows up : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
50. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 22, 2014, 00:47 Alamar

Creston wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 23:56:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 23:24:
I didn't say that. I simply reverse his/your way of thinking.

If you've fallen through the world does that mean it happens to everyone?

No!

Okay... then.

You're building a straw man argument. He never said it happened to everyone, just that it happened to him, multiple times, and therefore he didn't like the game. You countered that with a tone of "Well, it never happens to me, so it's an invalid argument."

It's a very, very, very, very, very, very, very often heard argument in PC gaming, and it's a terribly boring one. Be glad you didn't suffer from the issue. Other people are.

You're building a straw man argument. He never said it happened to no one, just that it didn't happen to him, multiple times, and he likes the game.

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2014, 16:25 Alamar

DS II... Only five days!

-Alamar

News Comments > Bound by Flame Trailer
3. Re: Bound by Flame Trailer Apr 12, 2014, 00:07 Alamar

Looks like it could be fun... Reminds me of the souls games, though it doesn't look as slow or punishing, and much much prettier.

No price listed on steam, but the EB link has it at $50... Will add it to a list and check back when it's cheap, or I get bored mid May and some gameplay vids look good.

-Alamar

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
23. Re: Twice the services, twice the fun? Apr 8, 2014, 13:53 Alamar

ColBlister wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 13:33:
The cool thing is that for games you buy on Steam that require Uplay, it doesn't matter which service you launch the game from, it will also launch the other service. Twice the waiting, twice the updates, twice the fun!

The new Might and Magic is the only UPlay game I have that's on steam, and steam updates it, then when I launch it, UPlay shows up, in the background... And there's no noticeable delay... I actually didn't know UPlay was there until I exited the game.

-Alamar

1814 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo