Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1957 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light Free Hard Mode Update Coming
9. Re: Dying Light Free Hard Mode Update Coming Feb 12, 2015, 10:46 Alamar

'scarce resources'... That reminds me... I never once made a bandage (past the tutorial)... Or more than 3 or 4 weapon upgrades... And one set of grenades to see how useless they were... I ended up with a crap ton of stuff at the end, but it's all in the unlimited inventory, so I ignored it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote
6. Re: Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote Feb 12, 2015, 10:42 Alamar

nin wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 10:08:
jomisab wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 09:17:
The last time I installed a game from a physical disc was probably around the time of Morrowind, so could honestly care less if they ship the rest of my stuff without it.

I think it's cool they let the backers decide, instead of just "this is what we're going to do".

But are they letting A backer decide, or is it 'democracy'?

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
33. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 15:20 Alamar

I put about 34h into DL, ~2 of which was coop, and another ~1 of be the zombie..

I did most of the side quests, but skipped about 5 or 6 in Harran, because I moved on to Old Town and by the time I got back, I didn't feel like mopping them up (collecting random shit annoying quests mostly).

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience... I thought the story was good enough, though I absolutely hated the ending (from a gameplay perspective, not story)... I thought the advancement system was just fine, though my third tree (strength, melee, whatever it's called) lagged pretty far behind, because there were about 10 zombies in the entire game I whacked with a weapon (preferring throwing and kicking). I also only used a gun when pretty much forced (again preferring sneaking up and throwing a melee weapon). If I played through again, I would streamline the skills and have a much easier time... A few of them make certain previously-tough enemies quite trivial, and some that I thought would help had no effect (Jumping over and stunning a zombie for 5s doesn't work on humans for more than about 1s).

As for the DLC... It's a tricky thing to develop... Because if it was an important part of the story, I would bitch, and not buy it because it 'should have been in the game already'... But as it is, those 3 DLC hold zero interest for me, because they're so small.

I do look forward to DL2 though ; )

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 10, 2015, 14:17 Alamar

Far too many caps for me to both clicking...  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Feb 9, 2015, 01:05 Alamar

3 months... 50% off already... Good times ; )  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 9, 2015, 00:57 Alamar

Dacron wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 21:02:
yuastnav wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 19:47:
Heh, just realised that Dying Light is also not available in Germany.

Woohoo. >_>
This is getting really weird. It's just zombies.

Why?

Maybe it's the rare (30 hours, seen 3, all part of missions so far) child zombies you kill by suffocating while reassuring it with "shhh shhh" noises.

If I were to hazard a guess.

Oh man... The first time... Great stuff : )

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
21. Re: Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support Feb 2, 2015, 18:37 Alamar

harlock wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 18:21:
Slick wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 16:44:
fuck me that's funny. I don't think you all appreciate the irony...

how quickly you all forget the threads about Dying Light right here on BluesNews which were %99 riddled with people decrying the EXACT same thing: "oh this game doesn't run flawlessly on max settings? must be a broken game! hey everyone! nobody buy this broken game! anyone who does is a nazi! they aren't making a game pushing graphics to their limit, they're just making a terrible unoptimized steaming pile of shit!"

now tell me that it's still true, it's an unoptimized piece of shit. play the game and look at one fucking palm tree and tell me that it's "just mediocre" graphically. lol

yeh, heres what i said:

harlock wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 15:29:
im not noticing any of these issues.. on a 970

but then again, i have access to omniscience

And a 970 ; )

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 1, 2015, 20:20 Alamar

Played about 9h of Dying Light today... Fun times... I'm running at a near consistent 60fps @ 2560x1440, though, it VERY noticeably lags when a zombie grapples. Seems like an odd time for it to have such an issue... Maybe too much zombie face goodness ; )

Running around at night can be pretty scary, and holy hell, it can get dark... My office is well lit though, so turning that light off would probably make a difference... But I'm also not using the flashlight much during that time, so I smack into a lot of walls ; )

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 1, 2015, 20:14 Alamar

Wetworks24 wrote on Feb 1, 2015, 17:45:
nin wrote on Feb 1, 2015, 17:30:
Wetworks24 wrote on Feb 1, 2015, 17:12:
This game looks terrible. Just goes to show that just because something is popular doesn't mean its good.

Yeah! People that like things you don't like! What the fuck indeed!

My issue is that a game that is mostly style with little substance has become the biggest board game / card game kickstarter of all time by a large margin.

People are free to kickstart what they want, just a shame imo when there are far superior board games out there.

Would you mind spending a bit more time and doing an actual review of the game, and what it is you didn't like about it when you played it?

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 31, 2015, 15:27 Alamar

siapnar wrote on Jan 31, 2015, 12:24:
Dyling Light has had a pretty tame release apart from the performance controversy.

Wonder how this will do for sales

No idea about Dyling Light, but if you want to see some Dying Light action some time, you can watch me play ; )

News Comments > Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop
11. Re: Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop Jan 29, 2015, 01:35 Alamar

Kristian Joensen wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 00:58:
ChaosEngine wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 22:44:
Alamar wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 20:47:
Reminds me of when Apple announced years back they had paid out 100 million or so to app devs...

Assuming Valve takes the usual 30%, and round it slightly to 33%, that means they've made 25 million 'free' dollars just for hosting that transaction...

Where does all their money go, if not (many) new features, or games...

Your math offends me. Please explain where you get 25 million dollars as either 30% or 33% of $50mil?

As to where the money goes, Steam doesn't host itself you know. The data centre costs aren't cheap. Plus each item has to go through a submission process. Most items probably never recoup the costs of that process.

Finally, they're a company, and they like this thing we call profit. Valve are not in any way obligated to reinvest all their money back into games.

Anyway, it sounds like Homeworld is going to participate in this... can't wait.

Cutter wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 22:04:
How about allowing people to sell their used games ya pricks?

On what planet is a digital copy of a game in any way "used"? It just makes no sense at all.

The 50 million is what is paid out, that is after Valve takes its cut, so that is 2/3 in this scenario. Surely half of 2/3 is 1/3? Surely half of 50 million is 25 million?

Thanks for pointing this out for him... His lack of math doesn't offend me though ; )

News Comments > Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably)
9. Re: Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably) Jan 28, 2015, 20:58 Alamar

Ward wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 19:34:
I remember they promised there would never be seasons for D3. Just another example of the POS that this game became.

I would love to see this quote (in it's entirety)...

News Comments > Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop
1. Re: Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop Jan 28, 2015, 20:47 Alamar

Reminds me of when Apple announced years back they had paid out 100 million or so to app devs...

Assuming Valve takes the usual 30%, and round it slightly to 33%, that means they've made 25 million 'free' dollars just for hosting that transaction...

Where does all their money go, if not (many) new features, or games...

News Comments > Dying Light Launch Trailer
11. Re: Dying Light Launch Trailer Jan 27, 2015, 10:31 Alamar

My boss picked it up for me, so I'll check it out tonight... Been loving Lords of the Fallen though, so may not do much with it yet.  

News Comments > Void Destroyer Released
1. Re: Void Destroyer Released Jan 22, 2015, 21:05 Alamar

Did not expect that kind of shading in a space sim.. But I think it works well, and the game looks interesting.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2015, 14:37 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 14:35:
Blue wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 14:22:
Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 12:33:
Concept 2 Rowers. Rowing is by far the best combined cardio and strength exercise there is, bar none. Everything else is a waste of time and money comparitively. 20 mins every other day on one and you'll be in near Olympian shape in six months. Forget treadmills and all that other garbage.

This helps a discussion about the dangers of working at a desk how?

That you offset your sedentary lifestyle by working out intelligently, Stephen. You can work harder, or you can work smarter. It's not rocket surgery.

Did you buy one of those models? And where? If from the US company, what was the extra cost for shipping/duty? Amazon.ca has it listed, but not in stock.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2015, 13:22 Alamar

Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 12:33:
Concept 2 Rowers. Rowing is by far the best combined cardio and strength exercise there is, bar none. Everything else is a waste of time and money comparitively. 20 mins every other day on one and you'll be in near Olympian shape in six months. Forget treadmills and all that other garbage.

I used to go to Champions (later, Family Fitness), in Hamilton, about 20 years ago, and I loved their Life Rower (I think it was called)... They had a bunch of machines like this at the time, with screen displays showing your speed and some animations and stuff... It was fun to use for that, but also for the workout, which was great...

I've always been heavy, and since I walked a crap ton back then, my legs were pure power ; ), and ya, I could rock the shit out of a rower.

Now that I'm an old man, and heavier, it's hard to find equipment that can sustain my weight, or girth, but a rower is an interesting option... I'll check out the site, but if you know of options for those of us with larger asses, call it out ; )

News Comments > Technomancer Revealed
3. Re: Technomancer Revealed Jan 21, 2015, 13:04 Alamar

I really should go through Bound By Flame... It wasn't horrible, but it was lacking and underwhelming (damn the boredom that makes me buy launch titles when I really really shouldn't...)  

News Comments > Diablo III Lag Fixed
1. Re: Diablo III Lag Fixed Jan 21, 2015, 13:03 Alamar

Interesting... I guess the tens of thousands of traceroutes they got from players were moot (or pointed to a specific Blizzard hop).  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Beta Access with Founder's Pack Jan 20, 2015, 21:09 Alamar

Had the install button on my launcher for months.... Finally installed it a few weeks ago, and played through the tutorial, and one very laggy AI match... It was a big bowl of meh... But I'm not a bit MOBA fan, so maybe that's moot ; )  

1957 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo