Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1831 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
38. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 17:37 Alamar

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 11:46:
Eh no loss for me, I pirate all Ubi games anyway, that's my policy. Until they remove fucking Uplay, they are never getting another dime from me.

So go ahead, castrate the game all you want.

We all have our justifications, for the things we do, but I wonder... Do you also have this policy for more invasive, in the way, DRM schemes, like Steam?

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailers
11. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailers Jun 10, 2014, 15:10 Alamar

OMFG... Drop in MP... That's awesome... Though, Dungeon Siege 3 had that, and it was hated, so we'll see...

FC3 MP was cool, but being able to jump into same world is better... Though not being able to do 'solo' missions is unfortunate.

-Alamar

News Comments > Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced
7. Re: Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced Jun 8, 2014, 00:00 Alamar

Axis wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 10:59:
Bout time, looks like something I'd play.

Only pinball games I spent many many moons on was the original Amiga Pinball dreams and Sierra's 3d pinball games.

But... but... Epic Pinball...

-Alamar

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Drivers
13. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Drivers Jun 5, 2014, 19:44 Alamar

Just tried with Dark Souls II... Seems to work fine, but I hate the controller, so it didn't last long.

-Alamar

News Comments > Dark Souls II DLC Trilogy Starts Next Month
10. Re: Dark Souls II DLC Trilogy Starts Next Month Jun 5, 2014, 12:15 Alamar

Warskull wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 08:44:
The best description I have seen equates doing pure melee in DS2 to playing without a shield in DS1.

Maybe it's me, or the changes in the game... I would have to play some more DS1 to find out, but I very rarely bring out the shield in DS2... I'm almost always using a power stance (dual wield) build (as opposed to a 2h build, which generally relies on larger, slower, weapons that I don't enjoy).

I also go pure melee almost everywhere... I've never used a herb (which replenishes castings of spells), and even with a ton of attunement/slots, there just isn't many spell uses available, so I 'save them', then end up not using them.

Even my sorcerer is dual wield Blue Flame (a sword that can be used to cast spells).

-Alamar

News Comments > Defiance Now Free-to-Play
5. Re: Defiance Now Free-to-Play Jun 4, 2014, 22:11 Alamar

Anyone get this shit to work?

Their steps involve installing another client (yay)... And 'clicking on defiance'... which isn't listed... Clicking on it on the store shows a Play link, that does nothing... Even tried with a new acct...

Edit: Still don't see it working in their Glyph launcher, but I re-installed the Defiance launcher to a non-protected folder... UAC related stuff has been around for how many years, and they still can't do this shit properly?

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2014, 23:21.

News Comments > Dark Souls II DLC Trilogy Starts Next Month
2. Re: Dark Souls II DLC Trilogy Starts Next Month Jun 4, 2014, 21:43 Alamar

I vary rarely pick up DLC... But this'll likely be my first season pass purchase...

Steam says 183h so far, and I'm still finding new(ish) ways to enjoy it ; )

I'm kind of addicted to leveling, and trying out new builds (from the start), so I've barely put any time into NG+.

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 2, 2014, 00:04 Alamar

ASeven wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 17:35:
Nice to see Distant Worlds in the list. Despite its hefty price, it's easily the best 4x space game ever made and the devs are making a mistake pricing this game so high.

I don't disagree about the price, but it is kind of a contradictory statement ; )

If it's really the best, it's worth the price.

Nonetheless... A few sales from now, it could end up high on the list, assuming word of mouth is good.

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Machines Delayed
29. Re: Steam Machines Delayed May 28, 2014, 16:12 Alamar

I just want to point out... This is a beautiful example of what a thread should be like...

Lots of good points... Very little of that negative stuff I won't call out.

Thank you : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Early Access Next Month
2. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Early Access Next Month May 28, 2014, 09:32 Alamar

nin wrote on May 28, 2014, 08:56:
Seriously needs a name change...I see "Heretic" and just about hit the roof.

Sooooo disappointing...

Shadows: Hexen Heretic Kingdoms Early Access Next Month...

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Machines Delayed
2. Re: Steam Machines Delayed May 28, 2014, 09:25 Alamar

I am not a believer... And I expect Steam Machines, SteamOS, to go the way of the ouya bird... : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2014, 14:55 Alamar

How can your customers be satisfied if they're not there to watch it?

Most techie peeps have DVRs and a lot of their friends/family, but I would guess most people still don't.

-Alamar

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation May 25, 2014, 14:41 Alamar

PS4's price was arbitrarily raised $50 in Canada... So while I was considering it at some point, that's been held off for quite a while (now the Infamous bundle has to be sub $400).

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2014, 14:17 Alamar

So, Planetary Annihilation is finally down to a reasonable price... Though I'm not sure I'll pick it up at $30... Seems they did add some SP content though, which is what I would play.  

News Comments > Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development?
20. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 22, 2014, 20:55 Alamar

Mad Max RW wrote on May 22, 2014, 18:04:
HL3 concept art was leaked a couple years ago. It's funny seeing all the phony rage at Valve because you know you're going to buy it anyway.

Not within a year or two of launch ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Watch Dogs Launch Trailer
3. Re: Watch Dogs Launch Trailer May 22, 2014, 17:21 Alamar

Don't know anything about the game, but the trailer does nothing for me... Looks like he's just running around casting spells...

And that's how I feel about sci fi vs fantasy : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Crytek Announces Arena of Fate
9. Re: Crytek Announces Arena of Fate May 22, 2014, 10:45 Alamar

Verno wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:32:
MOBA has to be hitting critical mass soon, if not already.

I remember people claiming this ridiculously soon/early for MMO's...

Though, this time I agree, and it may be for the same reason people thought the same of MMO's ~8 years ago... Lack of interest. I just don't like the style/interface of MOBA's enough.

-Alamar

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Announced
19. Re: Far Cry 4 Announced May 15, 2014, 17:03 Alamar

I didn't like Far Cry, or #2... But I thoroughly enjoyed #3, so I'm hopeful this will be fun enough.

I did get each for about $5/5/15 though, so #3 was obviously quite a good deal (much like RAGE, Tomb Raider, etc, that I got for $5 to $15 : ).

Can't say I'll get this sooner/nearer-launch, but it seems likely. Been feeling like a shooter lately though... Might re-install the Crysis games or some such.

-Alamar

This comment was edited on May 15, 2014, 17:10.

News Comments > I Shall Remain Early Access
16. Re: I Shall Remain Early Access May 14, 2014, 15:31 Alamar

ForgedReality wrote on May 14, 2014, 10:21:
Is it just me or is this trend getting fucking tiresome to anyone else? I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF THIS ZOMBIE SHIT. Everything these days is about zombies. Holy shit, how unimaginative and boring can you be? I'd like to buy some originality, Alex.

Don't you mean Pat?

Pat sold vowels, and Alex bought questions...

verybad1 wrote on May 14, 2014, 13:17:
Seriously, give zombies a break, they're overworked.

We're at a time where Indie's are popping all over the place, which is good, because being that there's so many, you'll see a lot of unique styles/twists/takes/etc... But it also means that we'll see a lot of rehash, because people will play a game, and really like it, and want to emulate, at least portions of it...

Plus, zombies are easy... They don't have to look great, they shamble, which means animations don't have to be AAA, they're bloody, which also makes low quality not as important... In short, they're perfect for Indie's. Not that Indie's are the only ones shoveling out zombie games.

Lastly, almost every game posted on here, and there are hundreds a month, people bitch about it being done before... Many commenters here are sick of platforming, 8-bit anything, zombies, shooters, military shooters, etc, etc, etc... Not everyone is going to like everything, or even close, but it's still better, as consumers, and gamers, to have all these options... You can ignore the massive list of zombie games, if you're sick of everything zombie, and still have a massive list of games to play. It's a good time to be a gamer : )

-Alamar

This comment was edited on May 14, 2014, 15:36.

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
5. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 10:19 Alamar

I really need to get back to the second and force myself through it... Thoroughly enjoyed the first, and didn't like where the second was going, but I'm sure there's lots to enjoy about it.

-Alamar

1831 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo