Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1753 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Areal Fundraising Resumes In-House
11. Re: Areal Fundraising Resumes In-House Jul 23, 2014, 12:01 Alamar

Jerykk wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 11:21:
The fact is that there are a lot of companies that make their livelihood on STALKER, so when we showed up on the scene, they saw us as a threat and did everything that they could to stop us.

Really? Like what? I can't think of a single company whose livelihood depends on STALKER. Unless you count modders as companies. Even then, their mods don't make them any money so... yeah.

Really?

I haven't paid much attention to this fiasco, but the first news item I remember about it, was a competitor (another STALKER 'spin off' developer) calling it out...

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls II Crown of the Sunken King DLC Released
7. Re: Dark Souls II Crown of the Sunken King DLC Released Jul 22, 2014, 23:20 Alamar

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 22:56:
Thank you all for the help. I am definitely going to play some DarkSouls on the PC as soon as I get a bit of time. I remembered on Saturday that I had Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen on my PS3 from my Plus account... not sure when it was on there. Think it is gone now, they seem to have taken it down. Anyway, I got hooked on it and I'm have blast play it at the moment.

Seeing the news of this release has got my DarlSouls monkey jumping all over my back.

I picked that one off ebay last week... Hasn't arrived yet, but I've heard good things : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 20, 2014, 17:22 Alamar

Jerykk wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 16:58:
Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 14:47:
DayZ is the current meme, like Minecraft was. It's the in thing to buy atm.

I don't think you understand what a meme is. Minecraft is still super popular, btw. Nothing past tense about it. They've sold about 54 million copies thus far and are still going strong. If Minecraft were available on Steam, it would probably be the top seller.

Seriously... You're not new here... Stop feeding him...

-Alamar

News Comments > Areal Videos
5. Re: Areal Videos Jul 18, 2014, 11:19 Alamar

I have no interest in this game, but, taken by itself, I don't see why using Unity assets (which are not directly limited to Unity), is a bad thing... Making a 'quick n dirty' prototype is exactly what those assets are for.

-Alamar

News Comments > Hearthstone Expansion Next Week
4. Re: Hearthstone Expansion Next Week Jul 18, 2014, 11:14 Alamar

I loaded this back up last night (haven't touched it since earlyish beta), played a game, which went well (for me), but found myself wondering, even then, where the longevity was. Your very basic options are to play AI, players, or some arena thing I didn't check out.

I'm curious what the Naxx stuff will offer, but I'm expecting it'll just be some new AI opponents, which sounds a bit too boring. I like the idea of having some progression based goal, so I'll give it a whirl, but the whole card collection thing is NOT doing it for me. I did like MTG way back, and then again 5-10 years later (now 15 years ago), so the concept can be appealing to me...

The lack of being able to chat with your opponent, unless I just didn't see the option, is a bit of a turn off... Sure, most games, all that would be exchanged is a 'gg' or 'fu' at the end, but even that would have been nice... I think you can accomplish that with some kind of emotes, unless the game was automating that all along...

-Alamar

News Comments > Star Citizen at $48 Million
7. Re: Star Citizen at $48 Million Jul 14, 2014, 22:22 Alamar

Wow... Blue really likes Star Citizen... First time I ever saw a news post pushed to the top of the page...

-Alamar

News Comments > Humble 2K Bundle
14. Re: Humble 2K Bundle Jul 9, 2014, 00:06 Alamar

Squirmer wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 23:51:
That's what I'm saying. Beamer's heart is bleeding for the large corporate body that's missing out on cash, whereas I'm suggesting that charities are more deserving of the money. I think we need to question Beamer's motive here.

Money given to a charity has about as much chance getting to someone needy, as money going to a publisher getting to a developer ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Firefall This Month
18. Re: Firefall This Month Jul 8, 2014, 16:21 Alamar

DangerDog wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 15:19:
I think some of the core devs were responsible for making Starsiege Tribes, oh how the mighty have fallen.

You couldn't pay me to download and install this crap game again.

So you're saying I should put this crisp $5 bill back in my pocket?

-Alamar

News Comments > Meridian: New World Demo
1. Re: Meridian: New World Demo Jul 4, 2014, 22:57 Alamar

Wow, that looks surprisingly nice/crisp...

-Alamar

News Comments > Sacred 3 Preorders
1. Re: Sacred 3 Preorders Jul 2, 2014, 20:59 Alamar

This'll be going on my list...

For next years Summer/Winter sale...

-Alamar

News Comments > Underworld Ascension Announced
22. Re: Underworld Ascension Announced Jul 1, 2014, 16:44 Alamar

Yakubs wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 15:15:
You do realize this guy was an exec at Zynga right? And you do realize that at his time at Zynga he had a lot to say in support for the world of mobile gaming?

Ok, I get the Zynga hate... But your second sentence... Was that meant to be positive or negative?

-Alamar

News Comments > Underworld Ascension Announced
10. Re: Underworld Ascension Announced Jul 1, 2014, 12:05 Alamar

Ultima Underworld's were the only Ultima's I liked... Though I don't recall the advancement system being all that interesting.

-Alamar

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jun 30, 2014, 22:28 Alamar

Looks pretty... And it had me up until Turn Based...

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 30, 2014, 13:09 Alamar

Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 12:22:
in his mother's basement wearing a fedora, trench coat and My Little Pony graphic tee.

You say those things like they're bad...

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 30, 2014, 11:39 Alamar

I've never been big into MOBA's... I tried Dota 2, and I enjoyed some aspects, but there just wasn't enough variety, and the playstyle didn't pull me in... Though really, I haven't played competitively for a decade (UT Excessive baby!), so maybe it's more me than the genre.

As for Blizzard's foray into it... It's sounding good so far, at least from the aspects of what I disliked in Dota 2... Last hits, xp/item focus, etc... Again, not getting into enough to play competitively, I didn't see the benefits of these options... My 10s overview of these games is, if you fuck up early, you're fucked... The time/xp/gold wasted means you're going to lose the leveling advantage and get steamrolled.

Anyhow... I will likely try it at some point, but I don't see the everlasting appeal (of any MOBA), but if you compare it to where I was playing obsessively, the lack of micro management looks like a great choice, because I'm all about the combat, and the skills in a fight, rather than overgearing opponents...

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2014, 01:19 Alamar

jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 00:12:
How is Dust: Elysian Tale? I'm not really into platformers, but this looks like it has some interesting RPG elements, and word of mouth has been good. It's on flash sale for $3 right now.

Oh humble bundle (I assume)... Read this comment, and remembered I had thought about checking out this game... Head to the site, click on it, watch the video... $3... Ya, I should get that...

Green bar underneath says I already own it...

Edit: Holy crap, I also own Dustforce, which I was considering trying out too...

-Alamar

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 11:53 Alamar

I've been ordering burgers at all the restaurants in the area, for the last year or so... And I've found almost all of them to be extremely bland... Maybe that's what condiments/toppings are for, and maybe it's my taste buds dying off, but ya, have not found anything amazing...

Sadly, I do like fast food burgers better than all of these...

-Alamar

News Comments > STYX: Master of Shadows Gameplay Video
4. Re: STYX: Master of Shadows Gameplay Video Jun 28, 2014, 11:25 Alamar

I quite enjoyed that video, and I don't remember ever hearing of this game before... Also very rare I'll watch a whole 14m video...

Not gonna call it a day one purchase, but I'll keep it on my radar : )

Also thought it was very pretty : )

-Alamar

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 26, 2014, 18:12 Alamar

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 13:01:
That kleargear trial went...as expected. KG sent no representative, and I doubt anyone at the company ever responds again. They're long gone by now.

As for the best buy thing, I don't think it's a shady move, particularly, just a bit desperate. I doubt BB treats its retail employees any worse than any other retail chain. Retail is a shit job, and requires so little effort on the employee's part that they're easily replaceable.

I do wonder what cities people live in where jobs are hard to find. I can't drive a block without seeing a Now Hiring sign. Maybe it's just my part of the US isn't in as dire of circumstances, or maybe it's people who can't swallow their pride and get a less-desirable job than they wanted/had. I had a buddy who almost lost his house because he refused to get a job that wasn't IT management, because that's what he had done before. I offered to put in a good word for him where I work, but he didn't want it. Finally he ended up working in a call center, which pays WAY less than the job I could have helped him get. But call center hiring is fast, and he held off until the bitter end. It takes, on average, 3 months to get a job where I work, he had plenty of time when I offered.

Again, maybe it's different elsewhere, but HERE, when people say there aren't any jobs, they mean "there aren't any jobs in the niche field I want one in".

Assuming you don't want to punish him for his foolishness... Can you just do the same thing now? He's likely more interested in a better job ; )

-Alamar

News Comments > Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold
19. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 10:56 Alamar

Minecraft really is this generation's Lego... And without all the complications/limitations that Lego has... Also without some of the benefit, but Minecraft has no choking hazard, so it's all good : )

-Alamar

1753 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo