Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alamar

Real Name Alamar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2005, 15:11
Total Comments 1780 (Pro)
User ID 22996

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Countdown
3. Re: Legend of Grimrock Countdown Sep 16, 2014, 10:45 Alamar

ldonyo wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 10:35:
This reminds me that I still have to finish the first one.

Same... But it's been so long, I'd likely have to start over (I like continuity, and my memory has issues)... And then I'd get to around the same point and likely get bored...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 09:51 Alamar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 09:40:
Blue - no news article about the MSFT and Minecraft deal? (GI) (deal that was rumor yesterday is confirmed)

What deal?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2014, 13:19 Alamar

Just once, I would like to see the final poker hand winning tournament not be a royal flush, and instead be something realistic, like a three of a kind, or at most, a full house...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2014, 13:11 Alamar

I am not a LOTR fan... I mean, I like the movies... But I don't go around gobbling up everything with their name.

Plus, for the most part, just about any game made from movie/book IP is crap...

But I looked into some gameplay yesterday for Shadow of Mordor, and it looks fun... Yes, the combat looks like batman... Climbing shit looks like AC, which is a good thing...

But the way they're doing the advancement, both the rune system, and the Sauron Army part, looks great (mostly the latter). Combine some subterfuge, with some sabotage, some stealth kills, and some direct free for all combat, and I like what I'm seeing.

So I pre-ordered from GMG for 25% off : )

One of the vids that helped is here.

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
23. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 12:59 Alamar

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:58:
Wallshadows wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:54:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:11:
You seriously believe that Minecraft is going to be staying on the PC? Really?

BWWAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

That was a good one, dude.

wh.....what? It's already on consoles, dude, for quite some time.

Yeah but the point is it won't be on the PC for much longer and become console exclusive. Only an old, unsupported version will work on PCs.
But, yeah, you guys go ahead and keep believing in Microsoft's noble intentions.
I will be laughing my ass off while they turn this into a 100% Xbone and Xbox Live Gold service game.

No business is noble... Businesses make money... Which is why Minecraft will stay on PC...

As for 'Minecraft 2'... Does it matter? There are already a handful of competitors that do it so much better in so many ways... Brand is one thing, but we'll see (hopefully) some of the better products gain more followers.

News Comments > Magicka 2 Karaoke Trailer and Contest
1. Re: Magicka 2 Karaoke Trailer and Contest Sep 13, 2014, 12:54 Alamar

That was absolutely horrid...

I loved it...

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
45. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 11:26 Alamar

Nooooooo... We don't want consistency in our Minecraft mod support... Or a better UI... etc...  

News Comments > Skyforge Paladin Class Video
7. Re: Skyforge Paladin Class Video Sep 9, 2014, 10:37 Alamar

This is the first time I recall hearing about this game... And I think it looks fairly good. Not interested enough to go to the site, but if it comes out, and isn't overpriced, I'll take a gander...

I find the Paladin complaints ironic... Warrior/Mage/Cleric/Rogue are staples, and don't seem to get that kind of 'hate'. And really, it's just a name... The interesting parts, to me, are the variety in play styles... Paladin's in WoW play very differently than Paladin's in other games... It's just another recognizable word, where people can assume something faith/holy based, and a sword n board : )

News Comments > Revised Ryse: Son of Rome System Specs
2. Re: Revised Ryse: Son of Rome System Specs Sep 6, 2014, 16:40 Alamar

DangerDog wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 15:15:
I can see there's a concerted push for 4k gaming being a huge deal and even though I have a 1440p monitor I still prefer to game on a 1080p res screen. I'm sure I'll get there eventually with system upgrades but it's going to be several years from now just from looking at the prices of monitors that I've seen, the inexpensive 4k TV's are all 30hz at 4k.

Only $2500...

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer
4. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer Sep 6, 2014, 10:48 Alamar

That sounded like a different voice for Jack... Which... Really turns me off. It doesn't seem to have that whiny, cocky, attitudinal voice I was expecting...

And Prez, my stats for BL 1 are about what you mentioned, including ratio of SP to MP.

Edit: Just checked.. Same actor... Not sure if it's my memory, or he really just sounds different.

News Comments > Deadhold Announced
6. Re: Deadhold Announced Sep 4, 2014, 10:30 Alamar

Maybe it's because I'm older, but any time I see MOBA in the title, I'm automatically uninterested, and it needs to prove something...

I'm going to start announcing some SOBA games (Singleplayer Offline Battle Arena)...

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
9. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 10:24 Alamar

InBlack wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:50:
netnerd85 wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:49:
Omni wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:36:
Does anyone care ?
Yes. I want this game.

Why?

Because, like every title people on here bitch and whine about, it's not as bad as they claim...

Plus, you know... Different opinions/interests/etc...

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The fighting style took some adjusting, and was too easy in many ways, but otherwise it looked and played great.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus
6. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 10:53 Alamar

I've paid just about no interest to this title... I loved the first, and while I think the second is a better game in most ways, just couldn't get into it as much...

But I just did a youtube search, and clicked on a 'Claptrap gameplay vid', and 2s into it, he jumps... Now I can't play the game if they're going to mess with 'the lore'!

News Comments > Steam Allows Multiple Game Installs
5. Re: Steam Allows Multiple Game Installs Aug 27, 2014, 10:33 Alamar

Now you can not only buy, and not play games, you can install them and not play them!  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King Aug 26, 2014, 11:04 Alamar

Started playing/obsessing WoW again, so not sure I'll get to this tonight, but it's downloaded and ready : )  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 21, 2014, 21:53 Alamar

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 19:21:
“What I learned from doing the first campaign is that while some people cared about multiplayer, the vast majority of people who were excited about the game were excited about the single-player campaign and mod support,”

TLDR nothing more to add

Just for you bluesnewsers constantly trying to piddle coop as the next coming, coop is nice to have, but many games can be UTTERLY ruined by MP

I'm all for a good SP campaign, but coop makes nearly any SP game better : )

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
12. Re: Saturday Interviews Aug 17, 2014, 10:12 Alamar

Xil wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 10:19:
what the point in call it kings quest then ? Those who know the games from the past will expect a point and click adventure. Those not knowing the name from the past wont buy it because its called kings quest.....

Those that really know the games from the past will expect no mouse interaction, and everything will be typed : )

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor in November
10. Re: I'm so confused... Aug 14, 2014, 23:35 Alamar

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 22:59:
I'm really confused by this. In Warcraft 3 it was revealed that the orcs in Warcraft 1 and 2 were assholes because of demonic influence. So in this "alternate timeline", they rejected the demonic influence...yet are doing the same damn thing?

How does that make any sense?

Play the game to find out?

News Comments > Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date
4. Re: Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date Aug 14, 2014, 10:36 Alamar

Task wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:32:
The cinematics are unfortunately nothing like the game. Just click and watch your guy hack away at clicked thing.

You would be what is referred to as a baddie... : )

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
2. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 10:19 Alamar

Sierra was, by far, my fav company back then (25 years ago)... I had a great, under the table, summer job... and half my check went to them every week heh... I think I bought a dozen Sierra games that summer.

That's also when I first taught myself to code, and sent a few letters to Sierra, getting very encouraging responses both times. Apparently, they used a custom mix of C and Pascal at the time : )

1780 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo