Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dreagon

Real Name Dreagon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dreagon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2005, 04:09
Total Comments 494 (Amateur)
User ID 22981

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Feb 7, 2011, 18:28 Dreagon

Fifth wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 17:42:
PHJF wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 15:50:
As a game developer you're limiting your market by creating a game so difficult only a portion of your players can complete it.
I thought that's what a difficulty level was for.

But difficulty levels make people feel bad. They want to win the game. If you put difficulty levels then they will want to win on the toughest...but if it's really tough then THATS NOT FAIR!!

------
Carpe Papilla

"@Dreagon - Comparing Oblivion to Deer Hunter was just ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself... it just made you look like a Class-A cunt." - theyarecomingforyou
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V Engine Details
26. Hopeful but Cautious Jan 18, 2011, 01:19 Dreagon

Bethesda has a bit of a track record of exaggerating the features of it's games...anybody remember some of the claims about it's last iteration of Radiant AI?...so I tend to be a little cautious about accepting what they say without a huge grain of salt.

Even worse, they have been showing a trend of dumbing down each chapter of the Elder Scrolls from the previous edition and trying to play that down. I'm hearing they have cut the number of skills again, this time down to eighteen. And thats just what they are willing to admit so far.

And don't even get me started on Oblivion's level scaling in loot and monsters. There was absolutely no reason to explore in Oblivion as you could get the same results just visiting the same dungeon over and over again. There was nothing to find. A huge step backwards from Morrowinds hand placed items.

So while I hope they learned from their mistakes, I'm sort of fearful of their tendency to "streamline" things.

------
Carpe Papilla

"@Dreagon - Comparing Oblivion to Deer Hunter was just ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself... it just made you look like a Class-A cunt." - theyarecomingforyou

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
29. No demo... Jan 15, 2011, 01:29 Dreagon

...no sale. A game has to have a hell of pedigree for me to consider laying down fifty bucks without a demo. This one don't have it.  
------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises
1. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 10:07 Dreagon

Wow, facebook is taking over everything.

It's good to hear that one developer refuses to dumb it's game down for consoles.

------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > Project Blackout Announced
6. Ugh Nov 21, 2010, 00:53 Dreagon

Another evil corporation. Just once it would be cool to see somebody do something original...or even radical like make the corporation the good guy and the government the bad guys.

Just once.

------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > On the DNF Revival
19. Re: On the DNF Revival Sep 5, 2010, 20:37 Dreagon

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Sep 5, 2010, 20:12:
Dreagon wrote on Sep 5, 2010, 19:42:
I'm willing to forgive and forget for the most part...but I what I read on Shacknews turns out to be true, where you can only carry two weapons at a time, then there is going to be some real hard feelings over Duke dying of consolitus.
Amazing what we're accusing of consolitis these days...

*Ahem*

"Gearge Broussards comment on two weapons in DNF on Shacknews forums-

Yeah, blame us for it if you want. It may change in the future and I don't know what will happen with it, but it was us. I stand by it too, as you cannot discount designing games for a modern world and part of that world is consoles where the bulk of the sales can be. And on those consoles you have a controller. We tried for a long time to support lots of guns but we simply could not find a nice way to map it to a controller, despite trying 4-5 designs. We gave it enough time and decided to stop swimming against the current and adopt what was basically the "standard".

It's not 1996 anymore."

Another rousing defense of consolitus.

------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > On the DNF Revival
16. Re: On the DNF Revival Sep 5, 2010, 19:42 Dreagon

I'm willing to forgive and forget for the most part...but I what I read on Shacknews turns out to be true, where you can only carry two weapons at a time, then there is going to be some real hard feelings over Duke dying of consolitus.  
------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Complete?
17. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Complete? Sep 2, 2010, 12:17 Dreagon

I think what really pisses people off is the knowledge that even after all this BS...the game is going to sell like hotcakes.

What pisses me off even worse is that I will buy it.

------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > From Dust Details, Trailer
1. It Looks Great but... Aug 19, 2010, 11:47 Dreagon

...I get that Black and White vibe at the same time.  
------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Am I to understand... Aug 18, 2010, 21:33 Dreagon

that this clowns argument basically boils down to "Game length doesn't matter because I have a short attention span?"  
------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced
30. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced Aug 13, 2010, 21:51 Dreagon

<prayer>
Please don't dumb it down for the consoles.
</prayer>

------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > Gearbox on Duke Nukem Forever?
14. I hope they played the Atomic Edition Aug 11, 2010, 11:32 Dreagon

Because if they want this to have any chance to succeed, they need to capture that "feel" the Atomic Edition had. It needs to be quick, responsive, unapologetically violent, politically incorrect, and gleefully offensive.  
------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > StarCraft II Sales Estimates
20. But....but.... Jul 28, 2010, 23:25 Dreagon

...PC gaming is DEAD!!!

------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > Darkspore Announced
7. Re: Darkspore Announced Jul 20, 2010, 20:37 Dreagon

Instead of this crap, why not just make the Spore that was originally promised?  
------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > Cliffski versus Epic
10. Re: Cliffski versus Epic Jul 16, 2010, 12:00 Dreagon

Dear Mr. Rein,

You have made nothing but derivitive shit since the first Unreal Tournement. Please leave indie developers alone to do their thing.

Thank you,

Dreagon

------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > Epic on PC Gaming
22. Re: Epic on PC Gaming Jul 2, 2010, 10:10 Dreagon

Someone needs to inform Rein that console ports do not equal PC games.  
------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > Project Offset Trailer
1. Re: Project Offset Trailer Feb 19, 2010, 17:37 Dreagon

Is this game still for PC?  
------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Serious Sam HD
12. If 3DRealms Had A Brain In Their Head . Nov 24, 2009, 20:14 Dreagon

they could done something like this and just put a couple of mapmakers and a coder or two on remaking Duke3D in the Unreal Engine while the rest worked on DNF. They would have raked in the money and still be in business.  
------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > Elder Scrolls V Hint
23. It it continues down the path . . . Oct 26, 2009, 07:48 Dreagon

. . . of it's predecessors. This one will have only 15 skills, one type of armor, and two or three types of weapons. Every game gets dumber than the one before it.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2009, 07:49.

------
Carpe Papilla

News Comments > Unreal Tease
16. I would pay good money . . . Oct 23, 2009, 23:59 Dreagon

. . . for them to just remake the original game in a new engine.  
------
Carpe Papilla

494 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo