Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tortorden

Real Name Tortorden   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TorTorden
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
<br
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 20, 2005, 12:47
Total Comments 705 (Apprentice)
User ID 22961

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Impulse Top 10
3. space rangers 2 Dec 16, 2009, 10:01 TorTorden

probably didn't hurt the sales stats for that game when they sold it for a $1.90 couple of days ago

And I have the relevance of data gripe here, having a top ten list is all well and good, but without sales numbers how could anyone make much out of it.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2009, 10:02.

----------------------------
Yes, I abuse grammar by opening my mouth.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Hotfixes
4. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire Hotfixes Oct 8, 2009, 03:48 TorTorden

Hardly ever played this genre before. but absolutely love this game. there is no consolidation issues, its pure pc, the slower pace of the game can give that little extra time to come up with the right choice, on the other hand, fleet movement is also a little slow, but thats where good planning and anticipation comes in.

basics was quick to grasp, its not complex in that regard, tactics on the other hand is a different issue, but thats why this game rocks so hard in my opinion.

it includes map editors and what not. ,(a better more advanced one can be dl'ed from the game site) and the game is realy modable, and there is lots of mods around from minor effects tweaks to total star wars\trek makeovers.

oh and no drm
The smaller skirmish maps can be dealt with in an hour or two, but the larger maps can sometimes take days to dominate.
and this game should come with a 'time flies' warning label.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2009, 03:50.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2009, 06:23 TorTorden

Ever since Steam started charging me in Euro's instead of dollars. I'ts at the time cheaper to go buy the actual gamedisc in store than steam.

in valves mind there doesnt seem to be much difference between 49.99$ and 49.99euro.

except for the 45% cost increase for us european gamers.
the day this happened also was the day I stopped buying steam games.

News Comments > EVE Insider Trading Scandal
14. Re: EVE Insider Trading Scandal Sep 9, 2009, 15:59 TorTorden

I honestly don't think most players bother with the whole council thing.

In fact most I talk to aggree with calling it the council of steller mismanagement.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2009, 04:14 TorTorden

Where is global warming when we need it !

And its not due to polution. Global warming is the fruits of a secret norwegian terraforming project.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2009, 04:15.

News Comments > EVE Online Banking Story
14. Re: EVE Online Banking Story Aug 26, 2009, 14:43 TorTorden

I've been playing eve steadily for 3 years now, and my first reaction to eve bank was initialy "yea right, go find some other sucker"

Then they did suprise me by not running away with all the money themselves, but some manager\director did run off with a few hundred billion, and they are now saying that they gave out loans nobody will pay back on top aforemention, 'theft'.

My first thought when I saw this as logging in today was " HAH! told you so suckers !"

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2009, 08:00 TorTorden

So the only actors elligeble for the gw movie are ex football players with a massive steroid problem, yea this has classic written all over it.

BTW, in GW you are battling a bunch of aliens or whatnot that cant stand the light, why give the grunts a chainsaw gun when a flashlight would have been better ?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 28, 2009, 07:50 TorTorden

Amd can up the ante all they want, but if their factories can't keep up with demand as is it's just gonna be empty air.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2009, 07:52.

News Comments > Frozenbyte on Trine Pricing
15. Re: Frozenbyte on Trine Pricing Jul 16, 2009, 05:48 TorTorden

Well since steam came up with the bright idea that they could make more money by changing the currency notation, this would be 30 euro, quick google turns that out as 43 usd, before currency exchange so probably an even 50. Yea I'm pissed at steam, and no I'm not gonna pay 130% for your games. The day valve changed currency in mainland europe was the day I stopped buying their games.

Go Impulse !

News Comments > Windows Natal?
29. Re: Windows Natal? Jul 15, 2009, 18:03 TorTorden

"Imagine a game machine where you're just going to pick up the bat and swing it"

Thats exactly what I need, a bunch of 13 yr old phys ed C students flailing bats around my living room, granted the wii mote can do some damage but its still a bit off from an aluminum bat.

News Comments > New AaaaaA Demo
14. Re: New AaaaaA Demo Jun 18, 2009, 12:20 TorTorden

hmmm, pop style parkour to the top of some tower. then a base jump down topped off with a GTA style rum from the cops, repeat, could have been fun.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 21, 2009, 07:36 TorTorden

personaly I'm just waiting for someone to use g earth as is for a RISK style strategy game  

News Comments > Stalin vs Martians Next Week
1. Re: Stalin vs Martians Next Week Apr 24, 2009, 22:03 TorTorden

And thus places itself firmly on the same shelf as COD and MOH, and well, most ww2 based games  

News Comments > Steam GTAIV Patched
3. Re: Steam GTAIV Patched Apr 14, 2009, 16:37 TorTorden

No doubt about it, the pc version performs horribly. and the game itself has taken a step back from San andreas imo.

I did however manage to get good framerates at decent graphical settings when I for other reasons upgraded to an I7 with a g285 gpu and 6 gig of ram, granted gtaIV is a 32bit program so not much point in that.

It's a fine game if you get it to run ok, and that is a big if, a top of the line gpu and a quad core cpu is barely enough to reach recommended performance. (any other reason than bad porting is bullshit) on top of that the game requires both steam if you get it via valve, rockstar social club, and uses windows live.
on top of all that the game realy needs an ok controll pad, but the game is coded to only work with the xbx360 windows controller.. yea there is an emulator out for that..

bottom line, I cant recommend this game for the pc pure and simple. not worth the hasle.

News Comments > OnLive on Skeptics
3. Re: OnLive on OnLive Skeptics Mar 31, 2009, 10:11 TorTorden

And we don't have to worry about retail markup, customer service, etc

excellent line of thought, just drop that pesky customer support and your pay per month service will make a lot more money.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2009, 10:13.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2009, 21:36 TorTorden

same here, as far as mouse motion goes, I can use my entire desktop or do all my gaming by basicaly just shifting the mouse underneath my palm, Inow I hardly move the arm\wrist at all, no movement, no stress never had a repetitive stress problem either. (except when playing consoles that is, I tend to press the buttons a little too hard.)  

News Comments > Fallout 3: The Pitt Movie
6. Re: Fallout 3: The Pitt Movie Mar 17, 2009, 08:21 TorTorden

I simply regret buying fallout 3, freaking yawn fest of a game.

And this is coming from a hardcore EVE-online player.....

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Patched
19. Re: Left 4 Dead Patched Jan 24, 2009, 11:04 TorTorden

So, just how many months is "soon" in Valve time?

aproximately 2.3 years

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
9. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Jan 22, 2009, 21:01 TorTorden

I usualy set 'effects' to medium in the most recent games since it mainly only means extra blurry and if I wanted that I could just take off my glasses. I max out texture res in ME and run in native 1680x1050 with physx enabled at a perfectly playeable framerate, 30+ I would guess. all on my 8800gts 640MB  

News Comments > Pirate Galaxy Announced
3. Re: Pirate Galaxy Announced Jan 22, 2009, 11:44 TorTorden

I was hoping this would be the mmo where we get to play as Somali Pirates... oh darn

That will be the main feature of farcry 3 I guess

705 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo