Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bastardman

Real Name Bastardman   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dash
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I am a bad person.
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 20, 2005, 03:13
Total Comments 47 (Suspect)
User ID 22954

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 16, 2013, 23:00 Dash

Good thing it happened in South Africa. Maybe all those princes giving away their fortune will step in and help.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Accelerate Patch This Week
12. Re: Tribes: Ascend Accelerate Patch This Week Jun 11, 2012, 18:49 Dash

How about some more vehicles.. I still love all the stuff T2 had.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
39. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 14:56 Dash

Well... Played the demo... What is there to say?
Sure.. It's nice to finally play something that has won the Vaporware award a number of times.. It's nice to see Duke 'back in action', if it could be called that. The graphics are nice.. but I had to have alot of things turned down or off, due to having an onboard vid card that wasn't up to snuff.
The two weapon thing? Seems a bit low. I'd say 4 weapons [Yes I've always thought carrying a whole freaking arsenal, even though he's a steroid freak, was kind of silly.] The lack of a kick? Not happy about that. The controls felt kind of off, but I think that was just the graphic lag due to my settings.
The demo had the same cheesy humor that the original game had. That will be hit and miss for most people.
The shortness of the demo, and how the levels felt constructed has me a little worried. I remember in DN3d, that first level.. While it wasn't huge.. There was so much to do IN it. You could breeze through it in minutes, or pound around for a good 30+ minutes just trashin stuff. This demo.. did not have the same sensation.
I'm hesitant at getting this now. Worried about how long the actual game will be, how large the content of each level will have, and how much replay it will have. Maybe a Day-0 demo release would have been smarter.
I will get it.. Just not sure if sooner over later. [Although, if Gearbox is smart, they'll be working on a LARGE patch for the PC version, to DX11 the whole game. And a shit-ton of extra 'episodes' down the road.]
I still think the demo should have been a recreation of the original DN3d level 1, coupled with the stadium...

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells $1M, Now on Steam
8. Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells $1M, Now on Steam Dec 20, 2010, 14:38 Dash

I'd drop 50 for the whole bundle... Cept I have no money at the moment, and am not interested in feeling more of a douchebag for christmas.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Interview
3. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Interview Oct 17, 2010, 06:30 Dash

Ok.. So we know DNF is supposedly FINALLY on the way out.. How about Gearbox buys the rights to Blood and Shadow Warrior... I want to play updated versions!  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 15, 2010, 04:49 Dash

Here's an idea, Sony.

Cross-Game Chat. Steal it from 360.

Stop procrastinating.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock 2
46. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock 2 Feb 10, 2010, 05:26 Dash

Has anyone here tried to see if the PS3 version allows for keyboard/mouse yet? That's pretty much one of the deciding factors on me tossing money at this game or not. It's either the PS3, 360, or PC. I know it's linear, and stuck in the shadow of the original [which was a pale version of System Shock 2], but the story and setting are quite interesting, and multiple endings make it worth trying, at least.  

News Comments > I Am Alive Delay Explained
2. Re: I Am Alive Delay Explained Jan 16, 2010, 00:19 Dash

Dun dun... dun dun... dun dun dun dun DUKE NUKEM FOREVER ALL OVER AGAIN!

Sad that it's the first thing that came to mind.

News Comments > Bionic Commando Rearmed Nears
6. Re: No subject Apr 9, 2008, 17:37 Dash

The game is horrible.

Good lords, Captain Douchebag! Did you timeskip on the Future Fanboy Express and play it yourself? No?

Then how the hell would you know?
Personally, I wish my 360 was fixed, just to get this game. I was a huge fan of the original, and the 'new' one they are working on has me a bit worried.. But a lovely 3d remake of the original? Sign me up.
See.. This is what game companies need to do. Sure.. It's a bit unoriginal, but going back to our roots in video games, picking the most memorable and enjoyable games, and retooling them to current engines and graphics.. I'm quite sure the mod community would [And does, from a few I've seen] get their hands on this stuff.. But the copyright sharks are quick to toss out C&D orders. SO not the way to handle it.
[I'd LOVE to see a Guardian Legend update..]

News Comments > Preorder The Orange Box, Test TF2
39. No subject Sep 11, 2007, 16:45 Dash

Let's see..
It'd be a good deal.. if I hadn't already bought HL2 and that whole deal before.
But no. They spring this now.

And all my friends already have HL2 and EP1. So......
Yeah. They didn't really think this one through.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. No subject Aug 15, 2007, 04:16 Dash

Mmm. Let's see. Metallica.. suing over something legally obtained.

The article is either a joke... Or Metallica just IS crazy, and wants attention. I personally haven't heard anything from or about them since the whole Napster debacle.

If it is true?
I think Harmonix should just flip those douchebags the bird, and publically pull it from the game. Make a whole big deal of it.

News Comments > Dark Messiah to Expand?
21. Re: Yeah May 23, 2007, 21:17 Dash

Basically, that's what it was.
An FPS with close combat, and magic.
Don't get me wrong.. It was interesting to play.
But way too short, and some parts were just too easy. The kick mechanic was too easy to abuse. The traps were nice, though there should have been a larger variety, more weapons and spells per 'type' to give a greater depth, a larger selection of environments [though the chase one was good]. The graphics were nice, but I wish there was a larger variety of enemies to go against.
Potential not lived up to, sadly.
Now if they get off their asses, and fix all the problems, and add more. Alot more. Like Deus Ex more... then Dark Messiah will be redeemed in my view.

News Comments > Dark Messiah to Expand?
8. Re: No subject May 22, 2007, 22:14 Dash

It's kind of assinine to say that someone's a fucktard because they've had a different experience with it.
But, then again, given someone with the nick as 'Beerninja' can't really be asked anything higher than childish remarks.
It was a game that had potential, but it failed to live up to its potential. Too short, and too uneven when it came to gameplay.

News Comments > SiN Episodes Q&A
42. Re: Episodic content already exsists... Dec 22, 2006, 11:35 Dash

Oh. Damn right. Blood? IF they remade Blood and Blood 2 in Source, kept the humor and gore? I'd DEFINITELY buy it again.

37. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2006, 09:01 Dash

'twat'?

Yeah. That automatically validates your point right there.
Yup.

I buy games when they're cheaper. It's called 'not having enough money'.

However, if you would have actually paid 35 bucks for it? You've really no place to be tossin names around.

35. No subject Dec 22, 2006, 08:17 Dash

Let's see.. how long was SiN Ep 1?
4 hours? about that...
And he wanted us to pay 35 bucks for a mediocre 4 hour experience?

GB2EA, man.

See.. If it was a mind-blowing 4 hours, like say.. Lord of the Rings good, I'd MAYBE pay 15 bucks. Maybe. [Hell. I pay for WoW, don't I?]

As for original SiN, you don't pull that Source BS. You sit your ass down, and remakes ALL the art assets. All of them. I want shiney, pretty new stuff. If Half Life 1 was redone properly, I might buy it again, because I like the Source engine, and I like the level of detail in HL2. Don't slap the levels together, use the old crap, and say 'Durr.. Done!'. Because it isn't a proper remake.

'Boo hoo.. lack of a gravity gun'.

Was it in the first game? [I forget. I can't really get it to run right anymore on my system, which is why I was hoping for a brand-spankin remake of SiN, not that half-ass.] There's other ideas for guns out there, you know. Gravity an portal might be the 'in' thing right now. Surpass them. Don't copy.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. No subject Dec 1, 2006, 05:03 Dash

So EA buys another studio.
How long till they fuck this one up?

News Comments > DOOM 3 Engine Networking Mod
18. Re: Funny Nov 29, 2006, 18:45 Dash

Ahhh... I wait for the day when we can have Doom 3 level of detail, Planetside player count, and Tribes 2 speed.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Engine Networking Mod
15. No subject Nov 29, 2006, 17:25 Dash

Per Poly hit detection, while it's nifty in concept, is not really fast or small enough in terms of code. Are you really going to care if you shoot someone or something, and have every shot mapped out perfectly?
Instead of per-poly, they should do it in larger patches. Not hit-boxes, mind you, as those can lead to some goofy reactions in multiplayer, people screaming at each other on who hit who, and hacking.
I'm talking larger patches, like sections of muscle or armor groups. Like the chest, right? You can look at the chest like a box. Divide the box by 4. You've got both pecs, and both sides of the belly. Divide each of those by 4. Now you have 16 possible spots to hit. More resolution up to dividing each of those spots by 4. You have a mesh, that isn't 'per-poly', but clusters of polygons that are close enough together to give the right effect, but 'wide' enough to accept hit data that it will give the appearance of that area being damaged.

Think of it like normal mapping, but for hit boxes.

News Comments > CCP & White Wolf Merge
12. Re: A very, very big if... Nov 12, 2006, 00:50 Dash

Most games in conceptual stages are big ifs. Hell. We've had good Ifs [Oblivion] and bad Ifs [Daikatana] and ones that are still Ifs [Duke Nuke Forever].

It's just a nice possibility. It wouldn't work.. There would be WAY too many dynamics, no clear-cut sides, and confusing interactions. If you're a gangrel that likes to hang with Garou, do you have to work your faction up constantly? Would Hunters constantly grief everyone else?

It's just too large.

47 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo