Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for skyguy

Real Name skyguy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname skyguy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 15, 2005, 20:35
Total Comments 562 (Apprentice)
User ID 22932

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Hellgate hesitance Jul 31, 2007, 22:04 skyguy

OK, I've been reading about Hellgate, and its got me hungry for another vamp:bloodlines style game. I know it can't be as good, but it being an fps style rpg with level-ups and cool weapons makes it seem like it may be in the same class as vamp. Maybe I'm wrong though since I know so little about the genre... bloodlines is the first rpg I've actually had the desire to play all the way through, and boy did I enjoy it. I think I may buy Hellgate when it comes out just 'cause it reminds me of it.

Oh, but hell no to paying for multiplayer or new items or whatever. They'll have to be happy with the $50 I pay them for the box with the CD and 5 page manual in it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Civilization IV Patches
3. spice Jul 22, 2007, 19:29 skyguy

For those that want some spice without buying anything, I strongly recommend Fall From Heaven 2:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171398

News Comments > No Linux Steam - Really
9. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2007, 11:42 skyguy

"None of the games on Steam (AFAIK) run on Linux."

Defcon has a native Linux port.

News Comments > Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword Demo
5. a non-self-promoting mirror Jul 19, 2007, 16:42 skyguy

http://128.36.236.149/bluesnews/Civ4BtSFinalFrontierDemoAll.zip

probably a hell of a lot faster than worthplaying too.

News Comments > Bloodlines Patch
13. Re: No subject Jul 17, 2007, 09:26 skyguy

"The Oceanside Hotel level is one of the best, in any game, ever."

I am going to have to agree with this statement.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: MMX GPU? Jul 1, 2007, 07:45 skyguy

sure, they have for a few years now, they've been making GPUs since they were trying to hype RAMBUS memory, if I remember correctly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_graphics_media_accelerator

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Indiana Jones Jun 30, 2007, 20:25 skyguy

A few photos from a more recent shoot... this past Thursday, to be exact, on Chapel St. between High and York, New Haven, CT:

http://128.36.236.149/indianajones/harrison1.jpg

http://128.36.236.149/indianajones/harrison2.jpg

http://128.36.236.149/indianajones/harrison3.jpg

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. BioShock Jun 27, 2007, 13:15 skyguy

"the upcoming SSS2"

I think you're missing an S in there somewhere.

News Comments > Intel to Fight Game Cheating?
32. Re: ... Jun 21, 2007, 22:38 skyguy

"The US wouldn't allow it unless there was an easy way around it - they "need" to be able to read everyones email. Just like after 9/11 email from around the world was routed through the US, I learnt from an engineer at NTL (UK ISP). The US likes to police the world and technologies like this don't exactly fill me with confidence."

So use an encryption algorithm that wasn't designed by the US government... you can encrypt your e-mail however the hell you want. Its yours. I'm sorry, the US government does not have magical wiretaps on everyone in the world's computers, they do not control the software that you choose to use, and they do not have "secret keys" to all encryption algorithms used in the world. If you really believe that the government can read any e-mail no matter how it was encrypted then you should start wearing tinfoil hats to keep the government from injecting the voices into your head.

News Comments > Intel to Fight Game Cheating?
28. Re: ... Jun 21, 2007, 20:12 skyguy

"It's already amusing that email encryption is fine as long as the US has a key to defeat it"

sigh.... and what exactly makes you believe that the US government has everyone in the world's PGP/GPG keys? Try it out sometime... you can generate your own key with entirely open-source tools. There is no way for the federal government to get a hold of it without confiscating or hacking into the machine on which the private key resides.

News Comments > Vampire Patch
8. Re: No subject Jun 1, 2007, 22:41 skyguy

One of my favorite games of all time.

News Comments > Ubi: Help us Fix Silent Hunter IV
14. Re: Boycott UBI May 21, 2007, 22:01 skyguy

OK, I know everyone's going to hate me for this, but I fell in love with SH3 two years ago and I think SH4 is a worthy successor.

There were far more serious bugs in SH3, which took several months to fix. I bought SH3 at least 3 or 4 months after it was originally released, and there were still crashing bugs present, even at 1.2 or 1.3 which SH3 was at at the time. It wasn't until 1.4b that I really could play SH3 without stability problems.

1.2 was released just a few weeks ago, I think its the community that looks bad causing all this uproar. The ubisoft.com forums are nothing but threats to sue and other nonsense, all such talk is banned on subsim.com because people are being such asses about it. I'm actually perfectly happy with the game as it is... mods are going to be released anyway so if they need to roll in a minor fix here and there they can.

That said, I don't use the TDC or chronometer, so those bugs are irrelevant to me. The only bug I've run into is getting the same mission twice in a row.... not really a huge deal since missions are a fairly minor part of the gameplay, and they tend to send you to the same areas anyway based on where your base is.

I understand the uproar from die-hard sim fans, but the problems really aren't that serious compared to most other games, even the previous game. I understand that people are just trying to make a point, but really..... if any mods were to come out I'd be much more interested in the new features they provide rather than any minor bugs that they fix.

News Comments > Awakening for Half-Life 2
2. Re: No subject May 19, 2007, 22:12 skyguy

unofficial sequel to Opposing Force, damn I wish this download would finish.

News Comments > Crysis DX9 Movie
7. Re: Plus ša change, plus c'est la meme c May 11, 2007, 16:43 skyguy

1) Shakeycam footage... and people are talking about "AWESOME" graphics?

2) Cutting down a tree with 4 rounds from an MP5?
http://www.zive.cz/files/computer/obrazky/g80/videa/crysis_stromy.avi

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: No subject May 5, 2007, 11:41 skyguy

"How many new Apple owners even realise there's a difference between a PC and a Mac?"

Every Apple owner that I know (all non-techies) realize there's a difference. If they've really stuck their head that deep in the sand, they'd figure it out the first time they went to to buy software.

News Comments > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific Patch
15. Re: dammit! Apr 17, 2007, 21:29 skyguy

Well, I am at sea and everything seems fine... though I was given the exact same mission as last time.

11. Re: dammit! Apr 17, 2007, 20:31 skyguy

UPDATE: I was able to load my in-base savegame after patching to 1.2. Now I have to refit and get seaborne, I'll report back how it all goes.

5. dammit! Apr 17, 2007, 14:18 skyguy

I don't want to start a whole new career! They should at least make the patches compatible with in-base savegames. All this Jap tonnage sunk for nothing!

562 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo