Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for skyguy

Real Name skyguy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname skyguy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 15, 2005, 20:35
Total Comments 562 (Apprentice)
User ID 22932

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patches
1. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patches Jan 8, 2009, 11:28 skyguy

what, no fixes to the faction wars? When I last played, I had a hell of a time trying to get my faction to occupy the territory I had cleared.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Re:Sony suckered into funding Xbox chip Jan 6, 2009, 14:58 skyguy

Sorry dude, the 360 does not use an Intel chip. It uses a powerpc architecture IBM chip. The original xbox used an Intel chip, maybe that's what you're thinking of. Intel also makes chips called "Xeon", maybe that's confusing you too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2009, 03:27 skyguy

Kathy Griffin can knock the dick out of my mouth any day. uhhh wait a minute...  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
5. Re: Legal Briefs Jan 1, 2009, 20:46 skyguy

The representative has no obligation unless the person himself says "im going to kill myself"

OK, what exactly do you think "suicidal" means?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2008, 15:07 skyguy

Hmm, I don't recall seeing it, so it may have been filtered - I'll have to look for it.

I sent it Thursday (Christmas Day) at 9:36 PM EST if that helps. Oh yeah, and I sent it from a different e-mail address than I use for my bluesnews registration.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2008, 20:30 skyguy

Blue, I sent you an e-mail a couple of days ago about major new releases of the "GWX" Silent Hunter III mod, and the "Fall from Heaven 2" Civ4 BTS mod. Why not post about that?

News Comments > It's Good to be the Lich King
20. Re: It's Good to be the Lich King Dec 23, 2008, 20:27 skyguy

If any of my drives die, I think I'll have a nervous breakdown.

Dear lord, man. Its called backups. You have to be prepared for any disk dying at any time, otherwise you're just setting yourself up for a nervous breakdown.

News Comments > X3: Terran Conflict Patch
7. Re: X3: Terran Conflict Patch Dec 23, 2008, 19:13 skyguy

Egosoft must be in the Christmas spirit. 1.4 was just released on Steam. :p

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up, maybe I'll give it a shot tonight.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2008, 15:38 skyguy

Forget parking, I hate just DRIVING this time of the year.

Anybody else read that as "DRMING"?? I've been reading these message boards way too much...

4. Re: X3: Terran Conflict Patch Dec 23, 2008, 13:44 skyguy

you're making me sad, Creston.

2. Re: X3: Terran Conflict Patch Dec 23, 2008, 11:17 skyguy

awesome, I bought this game when it came out but I've been distracted by a million other titles, I'll have to give it a shot over my holiday break. Here's hoping the patch makes it to steam soon.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p.
36. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 19:59 skyguy

thanks for all the info Acleacius.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p.
11. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 20, 2008, 02:32 skyguy

patches smatches... the steam version is going to be 1.0006 only.

News Comments > BioShock 2 & Mafia II Next Year
5. Re: BioShock 2 & Mafia II Next Year Dec 18, 2008, 14:38 skyguy

If they're going to make Bioshock II as long as the first Bioshock was, there sure as hell better vary the gameplay a little bit more. I was bored out of my mind by the end of the game.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2008, 11:55 skyguy

My uncle was in the trenches for most of the Korean war. What do you ask a guy who was fighting and watching his friend die for 3 years? The only thing I could think of asking was how many Chinese he saw dying for their country (the Chinese claim 100,000 of their soldiers were killed during the war, the US says more than a million Chinese soldiers were killed). All my uncle said was "there were a lot of them."

News Comments > Linux Prey Released
2. Re: Linux Prey Released Dec 8, 2008, 22:58 skyguy

Icculus is the man. I can't believe a single guy has ported so many AAA games to linux. If only the companies would pay for an extra developer or two so we wouldn't have to wait so damn long.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Dec 8, 2008, 13:49 skyguy

I struggled for a day and a half trying to get GTA4 running. I was an inch away from requesting a refund from steam. But I finally got it working by starting it with a bunch of -width -height -refreshrate and -norestrictions options (my monitor was going "out of range" when the game started). Then I tweaked the graphics settings and removed the command line options once my graphics settings were saved. Then I had to drop down the settings some more once I played the game for a little while. But, after all that, I've been playing it constantly, having a blast. There's no serious issues once you get the game running, just some disappearing/reappearing textures once in a while, and a short frame rate drop here and there.

FYI, there's nothing you can do to keep the social club from *running* when the game starts, but there's no need to log in. Just click "Play" in the bottom left of the social club window. Personally I signed up for both GFWL and the social club so that they can keep track of my achievements.

News Comments > Improve Your Game in Your Sleep
5. Re: Improve Your Game in Your Sleep Dec 6, 2008, 20:03 skyguy

All I know is that I played GTA4 for the first time until 2AM last night, then I dreamed about GTA4 until I woke up.

9. Re: Building a PVR Dec 5, 2008, 13:04 skyguy

Can anyone point me in the right direction into building a PVR from scratch, especially as far as the right video card/capture card to use?

http://arstechnica.com/guides/buyer/guide-200812-htpc.ars

News Comments > Left 4 Dead & Sacred 2 Steam Updates
3. Re: Left 4 Dead & Sacred 2 Steam Updates Dec 4, 2008, 21:53 skyguy

steam updates are never automatic for me anymore. I always have to "validate game files" in order to get steam to download updates now. And yes I restart steam regularly and have "always keep this game up to date" enabled. Is this happening for anyone else?

562 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo