Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas Grimes

Real Name Thomas Grimes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SirKnight
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 14, 2005, 23:42
Total Comments 1155 (Pro)
User ID 22923

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > ARMA II Patch
12. Re: ARMA II Patch Jun 26, 2009, 14:32 SirKnight

However, it still has that slightly awkward feeling to the movement and environment interaction that every past game has had (not that I can't live with it!).

Yeah it's too bad they think this is realistic and how soldiers really move around. But I guess since their hardcore fan base actually like it somehow, they leave it in to not lose them. They would be in a world of shit if they lost their hardcore fan base.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ARMA II Demo
27. Re: ARMA II Demo Jun 25, 2009, 15:10 SirKnight

Where's Slippery Jim when you need him?

No I will not take my penis out.

News Comments > ARMA II Demo
12. Re: ARMA II Demo Jun 25, 2009, 12:14 SirKnight

I for one thought CoD was just ok, incredibly over rated. I dug Stalker and Op Flash point.

I'm 100% with you there. CoD has some ok moments, but overall I think it's just meh. I loved OFP. I hated ArmA due to the crappy missions and the poor performance and constant crashing (that I still get!).

News Comments > EA Still Publishing Rage
6. Re: EA Still Publishing Rage Jun 25, 2009, 12:11 SirKnight

Don't be fooled. id's future games will still be 100% id games. Bethesda will have nothing to do with them. This was mainly a deal to secure funding for future games since id is adding a 3rd dev team to the company.  

News Comments > Valve Adds Novint Falcon Support
6. Re: Valve Adds Novint Falcon Support Jun 23, 2009, 19:56 SirKnight

http://www.videosift.com/video/PC-Game-Gun

Holy crap that's awesome! Just don't let your GF/Wife see you use something like that. LOL!

Something like that combined with TrackIR would be great for games like ArmA 2/OFP/etc...

That would actually make a good Military training tool. Use that with America's Army and you're good to go.

I do have to say that TrackIR is bad ass. I use it in Flight Sim X and ArmA (soon ArmA 2 probably). I haven't tried it in Dirt yet. If this Falcon game gun is the "TrackIR" for controllers that would be pretty cool.

News Comments > Duke Begins Revealed
10. Re: Duke Begins Revealed Jun 22, 2009, 13:59 SirKnight

To be released in 2050.

Correction, the BETA is to be released in 2050.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Ballmer Jun 20, 2009, 17:40 SirKnight

DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS!!!!  

News Comments > ARMA II Patch
14. Re: Demo? Jun 20, 2009, 12:21 SirKnight

Slippery Jim is completely right. Which is too bad really. The fanboys you see on BIS's forums makes me sick TBH.

I do like the fixes in this latest patch though (not that I can try them out). Having multiple saves is a good addition as having one save in OFP and ArmA sucked. I just wonder if the HDR implementation is done any better in ArmA 2. In ArmA 1 is was such a horrible implementation.

There was a demo for ArmA 1 but it was a pretty crappy put together one. The ArmA 2 demo, which should be out next week, sounds to be a lot better since it'll be 2GB worth on content. Plus it comes with the editor so it does have a lot more value than every other game's demos at least. Then again, looking at BIS's track record with bugs that may not matter much.

News Comments > Gold - Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
2. Re: Gold - Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Jun 17, 2009, 20:59 SirKnight

I'll be downloading this off Steam as soon as it's released.  

News Comments > DNF Banking Shenanigans?
10. Re: DNF Banking Shenanigans? Jun 15, 2009, 20:26 SirKnight

I hope TT gets the code and data so some other developer that's competent can actually finish the damn game already.  

News Comments > ARMA II Interview
8. Re: ARMA II Interview May 30, 2009, 14:20 SirKnight

WTF no SLI??????

Very lame indeed. ArmA 1 didn't support it either. As a matter of fact, it would run SLOWER if you had SLI enabled. I would have thought SLI support would have been added by now.

It just gets more and more sad for BIS. When you look at not only the performance, but the bugs and poor implementations of things in ArmA 2 that has existed since OFP (or at least ArmA 1) it just makes one wonder wtf have they been doing all this time?

I'm still amazed how crappy ArmA 1 runs on my machine. I tried to play it yesterday with the just released CWR mod and even everything turned down to "normal" which looks like mush, the FPS were like Crysis on a Pentium 2. It's amazing that on this machine, I can run Crysis at 1680 res with everything at very high, with AA, and it runs perfectly smooth and Crysis is rendering just as much or more stuff.

Just sad.

News Comments > On ARMA II Bugs
20. Re: On ARMA II Bugs May 29, 2009, 00:35 SirKnight

No surprise AT ALL.

Even ArmA 1 with the latest 1.16 beta patch (and every other patch before it) still leaves the game so bugged out it's hard to play. The game loves crashing on me and gets worse when I try to make the game better by using user made addons. Plus the performance is horrible. I can play Crysis at 1680 res with everything MAXED and it runs perfect with large view distances and all. Not ArmA. Even with everything at "normal" setting it's still slow as crap. From what I've been hearing on the BIS forums, ArmA 2 is no better on performance. Again, not surprising.

I honestly don't expect much improvement with patches over time. In fact, I almost expect it to get worse as OFP and ArmA has been that way. At least for me.

I'll try a demo but if it doesn't wow me (I'm 99% it won't) then I'll pass and think about it again once it's like $20 or less and a lot of user mods have come out.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 27, 2009, 20:35 SirKnight

So it looks like those of us who bought the PS3 version of GTA4 is yet again getting the shaft. :/  

News Comments > Safety Dance
2. Re: Hackers 'destroy' flight sim site May 14, 2009, 23:31 SirKnight

Why would anyone want to destroy a flight sim site? Makes no sense.

I hope they find who it was and make the jack off serve some time with bubba. Oh you know bubba.

News Comments > More DNF Media?
14. Re: More DNF Media? May 11, 2009, 22:13 SirKnight

*cough* torrent *cough*

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Movie
20. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Movie May 11, 2009, 15:02 SirKnight

For a on-a-rails game, CoD is one of the best. Having said that, I'm tired of that kind of game so I'll be waiting till this hits the $20 or less bargain bin.

Until then, OFP2 and ArmA 2 for me!

Since the video shows some underwater stuff, I wonder if that means you'll get to play as a SEAL and/or SAS. That would be cool.

News Comments > DNF Footage?
32. Re: DNF Footage? May 10, 2009, 23:28 SirKnight

Unless of course another company takes it over and continues to support it...  

News Comments > DNF Footage?
31. Re: DNF Footage? May 10, 2009, 23:27 SirKnight

Since 3DR is closed, DNF should be canned as well. If it really was finished and they're just building up hype or whatever and it does get released soon, how are they going to fix bugs and offer patches? Of course it's going to need at least a few, all games do.

A game released from a closed company with no support would suck. I wouldn't buy it until it was like $20 or less...maybe.

News Comments > Goodbye from 3D Realms
55. Re: Goodbye from 3D Realms May 9, 2009, 21:59 SirKnight

Funny how we went from blame everything on Bush ...

Gee, I wonder why...

News Comments > ARMA II Movie - Updated
4. Re: ARMA 2 Movie May 1, 2009, 12:59 SirKnight

Their goal is pure realism/military sim yet in OFP 1 and ArmA 1 the player moves around like he's in water and reacts like a brain dead moron. I sure hope they refined the movement b/c the movement in their previous games sucked. Not realistic at all.

Also maybe this time around the AI can actually drive. Not only straight but without ramming crap that's not in their way. I also never liked how the vehicles only went fast on a "road" yet off road they slow to a crawl. WTF!? I can understand not going quite as fast but come on.

I have a lot of hope for this game, but I also have a lot of reservations.

One thing I've noticed in the videos is how when you shoot someone, they don't respond fast enough. It's a strange thing to watch when a guy just sits there for a second or two after being shot then suddenly goes to the "death pose." ArmA 1 was the same way. In OFP, characters reacted a lot better to being shot.

1155 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo